Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 07:33   #1201
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahak View Post
Hi, Old Dude and others in Bangalore

How is Raja Skoda compared with TAFE access in terms of sales as well as service experience? I am in touch with SAs from both and need to finalize one soon. Getting a marginally better offer from Raja Skoda.

Please share your experience

Thanks
I have a been loyal customer of Tafe for the past 10 years, serviced my Superb there. The experience has been a mixed bag. So went to Raja Skoda and bought Kodiaq from them. But soon realized what a blunder that was. Raja is interested in only selling and their after sales support is pathetic. Even the buying experience was bad. They went incommunicado once booking amount was paid. I owned cars from different brands but none of the dealers were as bad as Raja. I am now back with Tafe for Kodiaq's servicing.

The service experience with Tafe for Kodiaq has so far been good. I know Tafe is no saint but Raja is at a different league when it comes to bad sales and service experience.

Last edited by novice : 31st May 2023 at 07:47.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 12:17   #1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I have a been loyal customer of Tafe for the past 10 years, serviced my Superb there. The experience has been a mixed bag. So went to Raja Skoda and bought Kodiaq from them. But soon realized what a blunder that was. Raja is interested in only selling and their after sales support is pathetic. Even the buying experience was bad. They went incommunicado once booking amount was paid. I owned cars from different brands but none of the dealers were as bad as Raja. I am now back with Tafe for Kodiaq's servicing.

The service experience with Tafe for Kodiaq has so far been good. I know Tafe is no saint but Raja is at a different league when it comes to bad sales and service experience.
Thanks Novice..

I have paid the advance so need to wait and watch
Old 2nd June 2023, 04:06   #1203
BHPian

I had booked my Kodiaq L&K In Lava Blue with TAFE, HSR in Sep’22, indicated delivery was “After Jan 23”. Heard from a friend in Oct end, that they have one unit in Lava Blue ready for immediate delivery because of a customer cancelling. Called up TAFE, who confirmed this, however declined to give me once I told them it’s a company lease, citing it will take up to two weeks for them to complete billing and further the payment terms with the leasing company is 45 days or so, and they had to complete the billing the same month. So the wait continued. Meanwhile the sales advisor Mr.Satheesh from Raja Skoda with whom I had taken test drive of Superb before deciding on Kodiaq kept in touch with me periodically and in Dec told there is a black Kodiaq that will be available in 2 weeks. I was tempted, but deferred as I was particular about Lava Blue. By Jan last week, he called me again telling they are getting a Lava Blue, scheduled for assembly by Feb 1st week, and can deliver by Feb 12th or so. All the while, I kept checking with TAFE who said they don’t have any update on my vehicle except it will be after March. So I went ahead and processed my company lease with Raja Skoda. The experience was smooth, with Mr. Satheesh coming to my home for the paperwork. The VIN number was passed to me that confirmed the kit was from Nov’22 and assembled in Feb 23. I was kept updated of the progress and indeed, there was a frustrating 3 day delay from when the vehicle rolled out from the assembly line to getting on the truck to Bangalore. This meant that I’d have missed the auspicious day my wifey had looked up for taking delivery and the next auspicious day was 2
a whole 2 weeks later :-( Thankfully, the vehicle arrived in Bangalore and was unloaded on 9th evening. Did the PDI at their service Center on 10th morning, and as a work around for the auspicious day, Mr. Satheesh arranged for a “formal delivery” with the Pooja ( priest admins supplies included) at the service Center itself under the condition that I will restrict my inaugural drive to the by-roads around the service Center to the nearby temple and bring back the vehicle within 30 mins as it was yet to be registered. The car was still set up in “Transprt Mode” that restricts it to too speed of 30KMPH. The Pooja was done with the Ghunkat ( white plastic protective layers) on, so that I didn’t have to worry about the vermillion staining the paint on the hood. Man, it was heart wrenching to leave the bride back at her parents house immediately after marriage !!! Took another 4 days for the vehicle to be set-up for drive mode, registration to get completed and finally bring the beauty home.

The delivery experience itself while smooth, was. Little underwhelming - while my teenage son was more excited than me checking out every feature of the car, my wife was disappointed there was no cake cutting, and only a box of chocolates given. To be fair, it was late evening by the time I could go and they were keeping the showroom open to complete the delivery promised by 15th. Explanation of features was a hurried affair, partly because he knew from previous interactions that I have been binge watching every single YouTube video on Kodiaq for the past 3 months and there was only so much for him to tell me before I interrupt with “I know, next feature please”😅 so overall, happy with my experience at Raja Skoda and Mr. Satheesh in particular.

I finally got the call from TAFE by April end that my vehicle will be allotted by end May, and it gave me immense satisfaction to tell them “Thank you, you can keep it”. ( This was partly because of a previous experience with TAFE when I was on the fence buying the BS4 1.8TSI Octavia in Feb 2020, just before the BS6 norms kicked in. There was a sweet discount negotiated with HSR TAFE, and I was prepared to order. Meanwhile, a colleague of mine was quoted a higher price by TAFE in St.Marks Road, and he quoted the discount offered to me. TAFE, instead of offering the same discount, withdrew the deal offered to me and that helped me decide not to by the previous gen BS4 Octavia - which actually turned out to be a good decision as we were all confined to our homes without much driving for the next 18 months with the onset of the pandemic.)
Having said that, one of my colleagues who had also booked his Kodiaq the same day with TAFE HSR was given delivery on exactly the same day I took from Raja, except he was ready to accept a Graphite Grey instead of the Lava Blue, and his delivery experience was very professional ( including the same pre-delivery Pooja on the auspicious day prior to registration, the only difference being it was driven to the temple by the TAFE driver.

Service experience is very limited - 2 visits actually. Visited the very next day to have the suspension checked out as I felt the front suspension to be noisier and somewhat “loose” than expected while going over speed bumps. I was attended to in less than 5 mins, they hoisted the vehicle on the hydraulic lift and checked everything is torqued properly. After confirming everything was in order, took me along for a test drive and confirmed this is the normal behaviour of the DCC, and demonstrated the change between Sport and Comfort mode, where it was less pronounced in sport mode. I was half convinced, so straight away went to my colleague’s place and drove his Graphite Grey Kodiaq and confirmed the behaviour is identical. The second visit was 2 days after installing the 70mai dashcam at the showroom, I noticed the 12V socket to which the dashcam was plugged into stopped getting power. Again, I was attended to immediately, asked where did I get the dash cam installed . Upon hearing it was done at the Raja Skoda showroom, they immediately checked and replaced the blown fuse - free of charge and without any paperwork. They couldn’t say why it blew the fuse after 2 days of working except saying probably something shorted while I was plugging in the 12V to USB adapter and suggested to use the one Skoda gave - no problems since then, for the past 3 months.
Old Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:57   #1204
BHPian

I am happy for you @old_dude. Unfortunately my experience with them has been the complete opposite. It feels bitter to even say their name. They are a bunch of incompetent and egoistic morons. I wish you good luck.
Old 2nd June 2023, 23:14   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post

The delivery experience itself while smooth, was. Little underwhelming - while my teenage son was more excited than me checking out every feature of the car, my wife was disappointed there was no cake cutting, and only a box of chocolates given.

The second visit was 2 days after installing the 70mai dashcam at the showroom, I noticed the 12V socket to which the dashcam was plugged into stopped getting power. Again, I was attended to immediately, asked where did I get the dash cam installed . Upon hearing it was done at the Raja Skoda showroom, they immediately checked and replaced the blown fuse - free of charge and without any paperwork. They couldn’t say why it blew the fuse after 2 days of working except saying probably something shorted while I was plugging in the 12V to USB adapter and suggested to use the one Skoda gave - no problems since then, for the past 3 months.

1. wait, You guys got choclates - (ref: We are the Millers)

2. Did you get only front dashcam or both front and rear installed ?
Old 3rd June 2023, 05:45   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
1. wait, You guys got choclates - (ref: We are the Millers)

2. Did you get only front dashcam or both front and rear installed ?
1)
2) This was a major goof up by me trying to be over smart - I have a 70 Mai dual channel dashcam installed on my old car ( a 2009 Civic), where combined with the steeply raked rear windshield and the crappy rear camera quality, the rearward footage is mostly unusable unless when you are driving into the sunset. So when I got the Kodiaq, I thougt, why not get a separate dashcam for the rear and plug it into the 12V socket in the boot - better quality dashcam and not having to rip open the panels to draw the wires to the front. - Brilliant, right? However, Skoda had thought ahead about simply clever buyers like me and put in 12V sockets in front and back, that stays powered on even if the car is turned off - Either I risk draining the battery with the dashcam staying on, or if I set the dashcam to automatically turn off 5 mins after becoming stationary, and every time I restart the car, I have to go around, open the boot, unplug and replug the dash cam power plug into the 12V socket. So, long answer is I’ve fixed dash cam only in the front yet, and holding the second dashcam trying to figure out how to outsmart Skoda without voiding warranty or shoddy wiring. Any suggestions from other Simply Clever BHPians?
Old Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 14:12   #1207
BHPian

Update on the Dashcam situation - the fuse for the 12V socket is blown again, after three months of replacement - got a USB-C to USB A adapter now and plugged the dash cam to the USB slot, working fine for the past 3 days. Advantage is the USB port powers off within a minute of switching off the car and locking the door, so no worry of running the battery flat or having to unplug and replug to restart ( where the dashcam is set to turn off 5 mins after the vehicle becomes stationary)
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 14:32   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Update on the Dashcam situation - the fuse for the 12V socket is blown again, after three months of replacement - got a USB-C to USB A adapter now and plugged the dash cam to the USB slot, working fine for the past 3 days. Advantage is the USB port powers off within a minute of switching off the car and locking the door, so no worry of running the battery flat or having to unplug and replug to restart ( where the dashcam is set to turn off 5 mins after the vehicle becomes stationary)
Please provide the brand of the 12V adaptor utilized and also share the brand of the USB-C to USB-A adaptor.
Old 8th June 2023, 15:46   #1209

Hello,

Has anyone had the break pads replaced?
I have driven my car 16500 kms in 8 months mostly on the highways. During my first service, skoda service center wanted me to replace the pads after 2000 kms now that I have driven 2000 kms, I went to PPS Skoda for confirmation and they said break pads needs replacement. They also quoted that the life of breakpad depends upon driving style. I have been driving i20 for last 5 years and never had this problem. Not sure why this issue is on my new Kodiaq. However, mostly I drive almost 1000kms in a day if go on a long drive. Will that matter ?
Old 8th June 2023, 16:54   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljha1310 View Post
Has anyone had the break pads replaced?
I have driven my car 16500 kms in 8 months mostly on the highways. During my first service, skoda service center wanted me to replace the pads after 2000 kms now that I have driven 2000 kms, I went to PPS Skoda for confirmation and they said break pads needs replacement.
Although it does depend on driving style but this is too pre-mature. My Kodiaq is at 25500 KMS as on date, completed the second service at 19500 KMS and brake pads were absolutely fine. And I dont even feel there is any drop in braking performance. I also use auto-hold all the time in city traffic, still no issues of pre-mature wear yet. Do you drive much on ghat roads which requires more braking effort in downhill sections? Are the tyres wearing abnormally too?

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 8th June 2023 at 16:58. Reason: typo - sorry
Old 8th June 2023, 17:04   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
I went to PPS Skoda for confirmation and they said break pads needs replacement. Not sure why this issue is on my new Kodiaq. However, mostly I drive almost 1000kms in a day if go on a long drive. Will that matter ?

Definitely it depends a lot on driving style but yeah, automatics like Kodiaq which uses their brakes in lot of functions - hill hold, auto hold, parking etc, consume brakes more than the rest. Being a heavy vehicle, it will do so more.

Also, brake bite is stronger in Kodiaq.

But 19K is a bit early for brakes to go. Probably you are taking hill driving / parking on slopes more often?
Old 8th June 2023, 23:03   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
Please provide the brand of the 12V adaptor utilized and also share the brand of the USB-C to USB-A adaptor.
The 12V adaptor was the one provided by 70mai along with the dashcam. The USC-C to USB A adaptor is Agaro Blaze USB 3.0 to USB Type C OTG Adapter purchased from Amazon.
Old 9th June 2023, 08:34   #1213

Thank you @SilverSmoke and @adi_petrolhead, for a quick turnaround.
Not much on the ghats or even in heavy traffic. Most of my driving is on good roads cruising between 100 to 130 kmph on NH16 (Chennai Kolkata), Agra-Mumbai, Bangalore - Goa. One or two soft offroading. Thanks to the roads of Bengal-Jharkhand and Bihar.

However, I am happy with the answer. I will talk to the senior service manager and see what he has to say about changing the brake pads.

I have one more question in terms of renewing my insurance. Is there a recommendation in terms of IDV value to opt for; and add-ons that need to be added for Kodiaq? Most of the insurance companies are quoting between Rs 50000 to Rs 60000 with the IDV value of Rs 33 lakhs.

Quote:
The 12V adaptor was the one provided by 70mai along with the dashcam. The USC-C to USB A adaptor is Agaro Blaze USB 3.0 to USB Type C OTG Adapter purchased from Amazon.
I have been using 70mai with 128 GB card and am pretty satisfied with the performance so far.
The front camera I installed it by myself but I took the rear camera and got it installed by the Skoda service center in Dhanbad during my first service.

The only disadvantage is the app, it keeps logging off on my iPhone, so each time I need to watch a video, I have to login to the app which is daunting.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th June 2023 at 09:10. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
rahuljha1310 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 11:56   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have one more question in terms of renewing my insurance. Is there a recommendation in terms of IDV value to opt for; and add-ons that need to be added for Kodiaq? Most of the insurance companies are quoting between Rs 50000 to Rs 60000 with the IDV value of Rs 33 lakhs.
The first insurance which my agent arranged for me at time delivery was with TATA-AIG, with total premium of 105000/- including basic, zero dep and the standard additions like RTI and Key loss, etc. Plus this also included 3 years coverage of third party damage and PA damage. IDV was 35.14 lakh.

For the renewal I just got the new policy, provider is same, TATA-AIG which has an IDV of 31.62 lakh, includes 20% NCB discount on the basic own damage, has all the riders just as in the previous policy, with a total premium of 67,500/- all inclusive.

I think 8-10% depreciation in IDV is reasonable.
Old 9th June 2023, 12:11   #1215

Which Model of 70mai you folks are using ?

I see below 2 on Amazon.

70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel Car Dash Camera, 2160P Front & 1080P Rear

70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam, 2.7K, ADAS

Thanks in Advance

Most Viewed