Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2023, 01:35   #1381
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

That’s worrisome - wife is unhappy with my instruction to handle this vent tab gently and she goes “ you and your first wife….”
Old Dude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 21:38   #1382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Can't think of a reason.
Any chance the chap cleaning your car may have rubbed the cloth around the vents and damaged the vents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zv777 View Post
Drove home today in a new Kodiaq Sportline in Steel Grey. Some photos below. Bought it from Mody Skoda in Andheri, Mumbai.
That is indeed a unique choice of color, congratulations for your new car. Did you get any discount on your purchase?

Since you've recently purchased the Kodiaq, what are the big differences between the the three variants?

Last edited by manson : 10th September 2023 at 21:57.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 21:50   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Any chance the chap cleaning your car may have rubbed the cloth around the vents and damaged the vents?
Unlikely, but can't be ruled out entirely.

Last edited by manson : 10th September 2023 at 21:57. Reason: Deleted blank row.
Old 11th September 2023, 10:49   #1384
BHPian

Been on work related travel, zooming on Autobahn at speeds of up to electronically limited 235 kmph ( no, I wasn’t driving, but my German colleagues) on low slung German Sedans ( E300 hybrid), and 3 series hybrid.

Stark difference on US roads this week with SUVs and me driving a new Chevy Trail Blazer made me realised how spoilt I’m with the handling of our Kodiaqs at speeds of 120kmph (70 MPH). The Chevy was not at all confidence inspiring once you cross 100-120kmph - too light steering and takes a conscious effort to keep the line .
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_5071.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 11th September 2023 at 11:13. Reason: kmph > MPH. Thanks.
Old Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 15:03   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Another vent component came out today morning spontaneously at the age of 1 year 3 months.

Can't think of a reason.

Attachment 2499452
Up to now, 4 of my vents have come out. The first one came out within a few months of delivery. Since it is obviously a manufacturing issue with multiplec clips coming out, I escalated and 90% of the part cost got covered. The dealership absorbed the labor.

Since I do not let my cleaner clean the inside, nor do the kids sit in the front, I'm quite sure it's a defect. Maybe the heat is weakening the glue?
Jacobijn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 16:37   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Another vent component came out today morning spontaneously at the age of 1 year 3 months.

Can't think of a reason.

Attachment 2499452
Handle of one of the vents next to the infotainment screen has become loose in my Kodiaq. Service advisor says it has been a common complaint on both Kodiaq models and Skoda typically doesn't provide warranty as it is considered a wear and tear item. I was told that it costs about Rs.18k to replace one vent.

Did you check with your dealer?

In comparison, it took 12 years of abuse for the vent on the Superb to give up. It has been just a year with Kodiaq and handled with extreme care due to it being new.

Last edited by novice : 11th September 2023 at 16:41.
Old 11th September 2023, 19:14   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobijn View Post
Up to now, 4 of my vents have come out. The first one came out within a few months of delivery. The dealership absorbed the labor.
Since I do not let my cleaner clean the inside, nor do the kids sit in the front, I'm quite sure it's a defect. Maybe the heat is weakening the glue?

It is the manufacturing defect. Another vent is also loose & I am pretty sure it will also come out before 2024. Heat is unlikely an issue as its always parked in 100% covered & closed parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Handle of one of the vents next to the infotainment screen has become loose in my Kodiaq. Service advisor says it has been a common complaint on both Kodiaq models and Skoda typically doesn't provide warranty as it is considered a wear and tear item. I was told that it costs about Rs.18k to replace one vent.
Did you check with your dealer?

I was told the same issue, even if we get them replaced - for how long will they stay? I was quoted ₹15K for whole vent assembly replacement at Brite Skoda.
Old 12th September 2023, 09:54   #1388
BHPian

14000 hassle-free kms done so far. First oil change service is due now. Since this is my first Skoda car, can someone please guide me which would be the best service station in Delhi-NCR to get my Kodiaq serviced? I bought the car from Brite Skoda Noida, but its a bit far from my place. Between Gurgaon , Delhi and Noida - which would be the best bet ?
Fun_to_drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 13:05   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Between Gurgaon , Delhi and Noida - which would be the best bet ?
Congratulations on doing 14K

Both Brite & Zedex are doing well in services.

Haven't tried others.

Avoid their satellite stations, go for main workshop always - they keep in-training staff / interns at these satellites & instrumentation / inventory is also not adequate.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 19:24   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
14000 hassle-free kms done so far. First oil change service is due now. Since this is my first Skoda car, can someone please guide me which would be the best service station in Delhi-NCR to get my Kodiaq serviced? I bought the car from Brite Skoda Noida, but its a bit far from my place. Between Gurgaon , Delhi and Noida - which would be the best bet ?
Great going at 14k already! I am exactly at half of that at 7k KMS in the last 5 months and so far so good. Although when climbing the Ooty hills recently I noticed a whining sound from the front right wheels. Only heard it when going up and never heard it on plains or during general acceleration. Not sure what it could be but will need to keep an eye out.
Old 18th September 2023, 10:19   #1391
BHPian

Got the 1st service done at Brite Skoda Noida. I must say very professionally done. I had listed down few queries which they duly noted and some of my wishlist like the initial lag, i was hoping that there technicians would be able to do some magic with the tuning and make it better, but unfortunately they can't. I made sure that the oil was changed in front of my eyes as that's the most important aspect of the service itself. I was willing to get the Air filter changed, but surprisingly they cleaned it like new. As the car was driven enthusiastically, i was dreading a few underbody dents but surprisingly nothing there. After doing a through visual inspection on the mechanical lift, I am happy to report that the kodiaq is a sturdy machine and it felt rock solid. The drive after the service is marginally better , which is a good thing because honestly when i was taking the car to service having done 14k kms, there was hardly anything negative to report. I have driven the car mostly on bad roads, but there are zero niggles or rattles, its absolutely quite. Initially i was not too happy with DCC or suspension, but this is one thing which has gotten better over time or may be its me getting used to it. This is a fantastic 7 seater safe family car with plenty of space, enough tech , great sound system , good looks and great to drive. The only thing which could've been better is the acceleration from get-go and the initial lag and this is nitpicking. That would've made this a true enthusiast's car, while it still does 0 to 100 in 8 seconds. But its still the best all round package.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 23:44   #1392
BHPian

Hello to the Kodiaq community!

I am seriously considering the Kodiaq and very confused between the L&K v/s Sportline variants.
Primarily I am very apprehensive how the beige interiors will hold up over time. I saw a showroom L&K vehicle with spotless interiors and then drove the test vehicle which had turned 2 shades darker which was disappointing.

So the question to L&K owners is how are you maintaining your interiors ? And have you noticed a deterioration in the same over time ?

Thanks a bunch.
Exhuberance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 00:20   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhuberance View Post
Hello to the Kodiaq community!

I am seriously considering the Kodiaq and very confused between the L&K v/s Sportline variants.
Wouldn’t you like the adaptive dampers? Which is only available in 80 plus lakhs car
Like chrome or blacked out ones?
360 degree camera - but quality sucks!
Ventilated seats?
L&K is a logical buy and worth a two lakhs premium. I chose SPORTLINE as L&K had a one year wait. Also I was so done with beige interiors, needed a change.
When you have a personal car, you take care of the interiors and not let it wear and tear like a test drive models. Go for L&K unless you you like those sport grey alcantara seats, black door and dashboard trims, three spoke steering, much much better looking alloys, and that’s it
Let photo do some talking for Sportline
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4367.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_2446.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_2433.jpeg  

Last edited by Jangra : 19th September 2023 at 00:22.
Jangra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 08:30   #1394
BHPian

How Low is Low Battery?

I’ve been on business travel for the past 17 days and it will be another 5 days before I get home. Checking on the Skoda ConnectED app, I see the battery voltage has dropped from 12.7V to 12.3V. How low can this go while not causing permanent damage to my battery and will it hold without getting there for another 5 days?
Old 19th September 2023, 09:41   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhuberance View Post
Question to L&K owners is how are you maintaining your interiors ? And have you noticed a deterioration in the same over time?

It's been 1 year 3 months with L&K, beige color is as it is as it was on day one. Of course, I have to take care of kids not putting up shoes on seats. But another thing I have noticed mild bluish discoloration on driver's [My] seat due to fresh denim that I bought. That too got cleaned up during 1st service.

A normal moist mop take cares of all routine stains.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed