Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 19:32   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quite a fantastic review. The Superb L&K offers several features in addition to those in my Tiguan Allspace:

1) 360 degree camera
2) 12 speaker Canton system - far superior to the somewhat mediocre system in my car
3) the Adaptive Dampers - while I disagree with those (sorry, @GTO) who think the Tiguan has an unacceptable suspension, a softer option would be welcome for family trips - will of course need to test it out and see how different it is
4) the Matrix LED lights and intelligent front fog lamps

One feature I like which has not been mentioned here is the flexibility in the second row - in my Tiguan, you can move it forward and aft, and also adjust the angle of recline. And yes, the torch has been provided in the rear seat.

Of course, given the discount I got, I am still very happy with my buy. But this is certainly a good option for anyone looking at a car today.

And don’t fuss too much about fuel efficiency - it is 15% worse than a diesel, not 50% worse.
Hayek is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujsd View Post
I was a little worried the first time about 6 months back, got the fuel attendant to prove there's no pilferage. But with multiple fuel stations and the range in highways, I'm sure.
Are you sure capacity is 60 liters or 66? Some online searches show the latter. Either ways, awesome mileage, and i learnt something new today
Old 18th January 2022, 19:52   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this engine compatible with ethanol blended petrol? Is there any E10 or E15 or E20 rating? With ethanol blending becoming mandatory, this is a very crucial point. This is a complex and high tech engine and will not take kindly to the wrong kind of fuel. Any resulting damage will not be covered under warranty either.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 20:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Disappointed the way Autocar is trying to justify the 3rd row.
Not sure what you found disappointing, but it is always good to have the option of an extra row of seats, on those rare occassions that you have excess passengers to ferry. Those traveling with all 7 seats occupied at all times would certainly not consider the Kodiaq for lack of space for 7 adults, but for occassional use a third row would be as useful/nice to have in an XUV700 as it would in a Kodiaq or Carnival.
S2!!! is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 21:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Quite a fantastic review. The Superb L&K offers several features in addition to those in my Tiguan Allspace:

4) the Matrix LED lights and intelligent front fog lamps
I don't think the Superb has the matrix led nor the intelligent fog lamps, atleast the MY22 doesn't. It only has the adaptive led setup. The new Tiguan has it though under the IQ lighting banner.

Last edited by SR-71 : 18th January 2022 at 21:06.
SR-71 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 21:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Is this engine compatible with ethanol blended petrol? Is there any E10 or E15 or E20 rating? With ethanol blending becoming mandatory, this is a very crucial point.
All Skoda petrol engines built post 2001 are E10 compatible. Their website doesn't talk about E15/20 compatibility though.

https://skodamedia.com/en-gb/releases/1239

Quote:
Milton Keynes, 31 August 2021: From September 2021 the standard unleaded petrol grade in the UK will change from E5 to E10. This means regular unleaded will contain up to 10 per cent bioethanol, instead of the current five per cent. Already widely distributed on UK forecourts and sold throughout Europe for some time, the fuel is marked E10 and replaces the old E5 grade. ŠKODA is seeking to reassure all owners that all the brand’s new models – and those dating back to 2001 – are fully compatible with E10 unleaded petrol.

Also found this bit on FE.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/e10-petr...out-e10-petrol

Quote:
Fuel economy
Using E10 petrol can slightly reduce fuel economy (the number of miles you are able to drive on a gallon of fuel). You may see a reduction of around 1%, but it is unlikely to be noticeable in everyday driving.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 18th January 2022 at 21:33.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 21:47   #37
BHPian

Has anyone seen the Sportline variant in person? I heard it is more "readily" available than the L&K. Would love to hear your thoughts on the interior. For me, while the interior of the L&K looks stunning I cannot justify the maintenance and the price increase from the Sportline because the additional features just do not appeal to me.

Does anyone else feel like this Kodiaq launch has left a lot to be desired? I eagerly waited for the launch date expecting some sort of video announcement like for the Slavia/Kushaq but we just got a single paltry Twitter post from Skoda India PR at a random time. Post which there were 0 indications of when vehicles would hit showrooms for display/test drives and when folks could expect deliveries.

Everything has been so cryptic and vague including the ongoing price increase rumour. This was one of the first launches that I closely followed so maybe this is industry standard operating procedure...
Old 18th January 2022, 22:19   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I don't think the Superb has the matrix led nor the intelligent fog lamps, atleast the MY22 doesn't. It only has the adaptive led setup. The new Tiguan has it though under the IQ lighting banner.
SKODA Superb has the Matrix LED setup with intelligent fog lamps from MY2021 in India. It's just called the Adaptive Frontlight System (AFS). It's the same tech that comes as iQ lights in VW and matrix in Audi (which is now much more advanced)
anujsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 22:21   #39
BHPian

I really don't understand the logic of a gas guzzler as a touring vehicle. We probably are going the American way with this one. But for those that can afford it, why not!?

Love the vehicle and it's always been at the top of the desired list. I really like the understated elegance of Skoda / VW vehicles. I wonder if there is a jugaad possible to get ventilated seats installed in the earlier Kodiaq diesel since that would seal it for me.
Old 18th January 2022, 22:29   #40
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2022 at 08:57.
vivekrvcse is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th January 2022, 23:27   #41

I really want to go for the Kodiaq, but with my kind of running(~2000KMs per month) it just doesn't make any financial sense. Sadly will have to look for other options.
Old 19th January 2022, 09:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
With DCC in Sports mode, does it handle better than the Superb or at least close to Superb level? Thanks.
I'm interested in knowing this as well. If it does handle a little better than Superb, then comparison with Octavia would also be useful to understand. I know these are different types and segments of cars, but I've seen a few people cross shopping.

Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_agrawal View Post
I really want to go for the Kodiaq, but with my kind of running(~2000KMs per month) it just doesn't make any financial sense. Sadly will have to look for other options.
What are the other options? Even if you consider one of the full size diesel SUVs, they’re gonna give you a mileage of about 12-13 kmpl on highways and 8-9 kmpl in the city. So the difference comes down to the price of petrol vs diesel fuel. Which by my calculations will come to only about 50 paise per km, in favour of diesel. And I would not go by test figures, the engine is really efficient if driven with a light foot. The difference between the kerb weights of the Kodiaq and Superb is only 200 kgs. If Superb can return 16+ on the highways, I am pretty sure so can the Kodiaq. Just depends on your driving style and conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
I'm interested in knowing this as well. If it does handle a little better than Superb, then comparison with Octavia would also be useful to understand.
Its height is not in its favour, so it’ll never be close to saloon level handling. If sharp handling is what you want, look elsewhere. If you plan on shifting the DCC in sport mode and expect it to carve corners, thats not the point. If you dont need an SUV, get a 330i. If you need the ground clearance but not the seven seats, go for the GLA 220D. The handling and ride quality of the GLA is miles ahead of anything else in its class of size or money. And you’ll get a richer cabin as a bonus.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:50   #44
BHPian

Looks like this would make a really good 5 seater with the 3rd row seats folded down. I would have regretted my Tucson purchase if not for L&K being out of my budget. Considering everything that it offers(especially the adjustable suspension), I don't feel the price to be too high.

Octavia was a strong contender when I went for Tucson, but left it out due to the low ground clearance.
Old 19th January 2022, 09:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone also get an opportunity to drive Sportsline? How is the ride and handling compared to L&K. Is L&K Normal mode = the suspension setting in Style and Sportsline?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks