Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 19:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

The interiors in Sportsline (seat, steering wheel, black interiors) are so tempting. You just feel like being in that drivers seat.
Personally I feel that 3 spoke steering wheel is much sporty and good looking than the 2 spoke.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 22:38   #77
BHPian

I just cannot wrap my head around the 2-spoke steering Skoda has introduced. I'd go as far as saying that I get a mild anxiety whenever I see one. It has the constant feeling like something is missing. Skoda offers the 3-spoke steering as an option in Europe; really hoped they would do this in India and let customers pick.

That 2.0 engine is a GEM.
iceman7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 12:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
https://Youtu.be/TvltwSp6E6E

Disappointed the way Autocar is trying to justify the 3rd row.

It is not even practical for small children. I would rather keep it folded all the time and increase the boot space.

Very good 5 seater car loaded with features. But 5+2 seats is up for a debate.
Agree. Most 7 seaters has the last row for namesake and it’s a joke! Not even kids would feel comfortable. But my point here is, with the last row down, the boot is similar to the VW Tiguan i. e. 630 litres! So then what’s the difference between the two in terms of 2nd row comfort, size wise? As the Skoda is a bigger car than the VW. Do you get more legroom in the 2nd row compared to the Tiguan with the last row down and does the recline angle gets affected in anyway if you fold the last row down? Can you still recline it to the max position when the last row is down?

The reason most would buy the Kodiaq over the Tiguan is for the adaptive dampers and maybe ventilated seats. If that justifies the extra 5-6 lacs, it better be a big difference.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:00   #79
BHPian

HELP NEEDED

Currently drive the Octavia AT TDI ( 2017)
New car Budget 48L ON Road.

Options Kodiaq L&K , BMW X1 and ??

I have booked the kodiaq but has a waiting ot 4 months and prices might rise( Cheapsters)
Planning to TD the X1.

Would love to have the opinion of you guys annd suggestions too. Really confused.
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:34   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
HELP NEEDED

I have booked the kodiaq but has a waiting ot 4 months and prices might rise( Cheapsters)
Planning to TD the X1.

Would love to have the opinion of you guys annd suggestions too. Really confused.

You really can’t compare Kodiaq and X1.
Except price they are 2 completely different cars.

I feel X1 is a cheap BMW. They are expected to launch a facelifted and bigger version. But that will be in 2023-2024.

Audi A4 is an excellent car for the price but again it will feel like your current Octavia.

Unfortunately this price bracket is very confusing.

If your buy is not urgent, please wait for the Jeep 7 seater due in July. They may be a few more cars coming this year.

Cheers.

P.S. I drive the 2014 Octavia 2.0 TDI and absolutely love it. The pick up always brings a smile on my face.

Really please keep the car. Skoda doesn’t sell diesels anymore and that’s a shame.

Last edited by drjaygoyal : 22nd January 2022 at 13:36. Reason: Added PS note in end
drjaygoyal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:39   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
But my point here is, with the last row down, the boot is similar to the VW Tiguan i. e. 630 litres! So then what’s the difference between the two in terms of 2nd row comfort, size wise? As the Skoda is a bigger car than the VW. Do you get more legroom in the 2nd row compared to the Tiguan with the last row down and does the recline angle gets affected in anyway if you fold the last row down? Can you still recline it to the max position when the last row is down?
Regarding the boot space between Tiguan and Kodiaq, even I was puzzled with the same thought. So here is my conclusion, if you refer to the below link by AutoExpress UK, Tiguan's book capacity is 615 liters when the backseat is moved all the way forward. Else it is 520. So it is fair to assume the difference is not 15 liters but 110.

Re: the second row of Kodiaq, it has the 2 recline position, while the first one is too upright, second recline is very comfortable, similar to the one in Tiguan (which has 3 recline position). This is the case whether 3rd row folded or not. About the leg space in second row of Kodiaq, not by much but I find the legroom of Tiguan slightly better
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volksw...n/practicality

Quote:
The reason most would buy the Kodiaq over the Tiguan is for the adaptive dampers and maybe ventilated seats. If that justifies the extra 5-6 lacs, it better be a big difference.
That and the looks of Kodiaq is preferred by most over Tiguan. 5-6lac difference is between Sportsline version and Tiguan, goes up to 8-9 lacs when compared to L&K. In Bombay, Onroad of Tiguan is 38 while with the price increase, L&K will be around 47.
Jangra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Regarding the boot space between Tiguan and Kodiaq, even I was puzzled with the same thought. So here is my conclusion, if you refer to the below link by AutoExpress UK, Tiguan's book capacity is 615 liters when the backseat is moved all the way forward. Else it is 520. So it is fair to assume the difference is not 15 liters but 110.

Re: the second row of Kodiaq, it has the 2 recline position, while the first one is too upright, second recline is very comfortable, similar to the one in Tiguan (which has 3 recline position). This is the case whether 3rd row folded or not. About the leg space in second row of Kodiaq, not by much but I find the legroom of Tiguan slightly better

That and the looks of Kodiaq is preferred by most over Tiguan. 5-6lac difference is between Sportsline version and Tiguan, goes up to 8-9 lacs when compared to L&K. In Bombay, Onroad of Tiguan is 38 while with the price increase, L&K will be around 47.

Love my Octavia and I fully agree with you. They don’t make them anymore.

I have seen the Compass 7 seater and trust me it ain’t good. I am not a fan of the compass so might sound biased. I loved the Kodiaq TD and am sold to it but since I have 4 months waiting wanted to explore more options and sadly there ain’t any.

I am all for cross-shopping so that ain’t a huge bummer for me to be honest.

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd January 2022 at 14:26. Reason: typo
Old 22nd January 2022, 14:07   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
HELP NEEDED

Honestly, I would say neither. Your Octavia is 2017 and it’s very early to sell. Being in a similar position and after exploring multiple options, I did few mods to my Octavia including remap, suspension, wheels upsize, android auto etc. Now the way car is performing I don’t see any worthy upgrade than 330i (obviously with some more compromises).
So if your new car purchase is not a pressing need you should keep the Octavia. Mainly considering you don’t get VAG TDIs anymore. That engine is a gem.

Last edited by sunikkat : 22nd January 2022 at 14:09.
Old 22nd January 2022, 14:42   #84
BHPian

Wishy washy answers from Skoda on deliveries
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-184a4e3ce56945e9b20da69a7514caf2.png  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-762a871ea290455587f7f7f4abd893b5.png  

pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:07   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Wishy washy answers from Skoda on deliveries
Thats me you have quoted. My 15sec of fame, hahaha. I have been tweeting to Zac on and off, the entire last year. The only confirmation he gave me was the week 49 time line for Kodiaq's production to start. Also I might add, although everyone here knows how WELL informed dealer sales staff actually is but I'll still go head. When I went to book the Kodiaq on 10th Jan, the dealer informed me that Skoda is producing 1k cars for the 1st lot, deliveries of which will start, end of Feb or early March.

Now, right after I booked the car & the cheque cleared, I spoke about car allocation, the same sales executive informed me that because Skoda has received 500 bookings, more than they expected, so there is a delay in allocation. Not only do I find this reason funny but stupid as well. So till now there is no allocation, no timeline, no communication from the dealer regarding ANYTHING.

I used to own the Laura L&K 2008, was banging my head after 3 years of ownership and I fear, I might have landed in the same situation, again.
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Great Review. I think with Skoda cars, I am always worried about the 95 Octane petrol need and long term impact on injectors for the same. Does the Kodiaq also has such requirements ? I have read it in some of the other threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Is this engine compatible with ethanol blended petrol? Is there any E10 or E15 or E20 rating? With ethanol blending becoming mandatory, this is a very crucial point. This is a complex and high tech engine and will not take kindly to the wrong kind of fuel. Any resulting damage will not be covered under warranty either.
Ok these two are actually real concern for someone spending 40-50 lacs. With E20 going to be mandatory soon, how will the engine perform is a big question. The power, milage and even upkeep of the engine might get affected. There is not much clarity about this anywhere currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
If you need the ground clearance but not the seven seats, go for the GLA 220D. The handling and ride quality of the GLA is miles ahead of anything else in its class of size or money. And you’ll get a richer cabin as a bonus.
Isn’t GLA a much smaller SUV compared to Kodiaq but? I mean won’t there be a big difference in rear space and rear legroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post

Thanks for the clarification about the boot space comparison. Makes sense.

So if the legroom of Tiguan is slightly better or even similar, then the 8-9 lac difference for a slightly larger boot space (110 litre), and Adaptive dampers and ventilated seats, somehow doesn’t make all that sense. I would prefer the size of the Tiguan in city anyday. Don’t need a 7 seater and would be ok with a slightly smaller boot. Only thing is ride quality. Some reviews say that the ride of the Tiguan is pretty stiff and harsh at low speeds like a typical European car. That is a very important factor for our Indian roads. Mumbai has bad patches in entire city! Infact we hardly have good patches! So if you’ve driven both is the Tiguan as bad and is the difference as huge? I know even GTO has pointed that the Tiguan is nowhere as comfy but does it mean Kodiaq is so good or Tiguan is that bad?
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 19:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DS

Quote:
Ok these two are actually real concern for someone spending 40-50 lacs. With E20 going to be mandatory soon, how will the engine perform is a big question. The power, milage and even upkeep of the engine might get affected. There is not much clarity about this anywhere currently.

Isn’t GLA a much smaller SUV compared to Kodiaq but? I mean won’t there be a big difference in rear space and rear legroom?

Thanks for the clarification about the boot space comparison. Makes sense.
So if the legroom of Tiguan is slightly better or even similar, then the 8-9 lac difference for a slightly larger boot space (110 litre), and Adaptive dampers and ventilated seats, somehow doesn’t make all that sense.
For your concern with flex fuel, see below tweets. Guess sthis shouldn’t be an issue. I doubt e20 will be compulsary, it’ll be only for the regular petrol, not the XP95 kinds. Currently normal petrol is e10. I wouldn’t think too much about it. Skoda / VW has been recommending RON 95 since quite sometime. Now, it’s availability is not an issue.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-e0592e0e69d64ad19fe714fdb9767268.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-c5cf785611ca48e59629ec2e990c12c6.jpeg

The GLA is nearly identical to the Tiguan in size. Its quite spacious in the back, only headroom is at a slight premium thanks to the pano glass roof and rear sweeping roofline. Driving pleasure in the GLA is 19” wheels with fat rubber ensure comfort as well as a wide footprint for enhanced grip. Being hunkered down, body roll is minimal.

The differences in the Tiguan and Kodiaq L&K, trust me dude I have been doing this math in my head since weeks. Although I am more inclined towards the Sportline. I will mention the differences between L&K and Tiguan Elegance below:

1) Kodiaq has body coloured bumpers
2) Kodiaq is wider and longer.
3) Kodiaq gets KESSY request sensors on all 4 doors.
4) It also get Skoda boarding spot lamps in the front doors in addition to puddle lights. Tiguan gets illuminated scuff plates.
5) Kodiaq gets footwell customisable ambient lighting 10 colors, Tiguan gets only on doors, 30 colors.
6) Kodiaq has front passenger seat also with electric adjust and memory, auto dimming ORVMs.
7) Kodiaq gets DCC, Ventilated both cooled and heated front seats, 360 cam, auto park, on board navigation, 9 airbags instead of Tiguan’s 6, Canton sound system, wireless charger and wireless app-connect, roll up rear window sunvisors, umbrella in driver’s door, nap pack, etc.

Thats about 20+ Differences. Welcome to the dilemma club
adi_petrolhead is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 19:29   #88
BHPian

Quote:
So if the legroom of Tiguan is slightly better or even similar, then the 8-9 lac difference for a slightly larger boot space (110 litre), and Adaptive dampers and ventilated seats, somehow doesn’t make all that sense.
I guess the difference between Mumbai OTR prices of Tiguan and Kodiaq Sports (the more comparable variant viz features IMHO) , would be more like 3-4 Lakhs. Optional +2 more seats, more boot space, sports seats and a better ride quality with bigger size and stance are few extras.
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 22:45   #89
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
For your concern with flex fuel, see below tweets. Guess sthis shouldn’t be an issue. I doubt e20 will be compulsary, it’ll be only for the regular petrol, not the XP95 kinds. Currently normal petrol is e10. I wouldn’t think too much about it. Skoda / VW has been recommending RON 95 since quite sometime. Now, it’s availability is not an issue.

Attachment 2263584

Attachment 2263585

The GLA is nearly identical to the Tiguan in size. Its quite spacious in the back, only headroom is at a slight premium thanks to the pano glass roof and rear sweeping roofline. Driving pleasure in the GLA is 19” wheels with fat rubber ensure comfort as well as a wide footprint for enhanced grip. Being hunkered down, body roll is minimal.

The differences in the Tiguan and Kodiaq L&K, trust me dude I have been doing this math in my head since weeks. Although I am more inclined towards the Sportline. I will mention the differences between L&K and Tiguan Elegance below:

1) Kodiaq has body coloured bumpers
2) Kodiaq is wider and longer.
3) Kodiaq gets KESSY request sensors on all 4 doors.
4) It also get Skoda boarding spot lamps in the front doors in addition to puddle lights. Tiguan gets illuminated scuff plates.
5) Kodiaq gets footwell customisable ambient lighting 10 colors, Tiguan gets only on doors, 30 colors.
6) Kodiaq has front passenger seat also with electric adjust and memory, auto dimming ORVMs.
7) Kodiaq gets DCC, Ventilated both cooled and heated front seats, 360 cam, auto park, on board navigation, 9 airbags instead of Tiguan’s 6, Canton sound system, wireless charger and wireless app-connect, roll up rear window sunvisors, umbrella in driver’s door, nap pack, etc.

Thats about 20+ Differences. Welcome to the dilemma club
Had seen Gadkari in an interview saying flex fuel will be Rs. 90-95 while the regular will be Rs. 125!! So if we take the 95 octane fuel, the difference will be 20-25% min! That’s insane!

GLA is definitely a worthy contender then if rear space isn’t an issue. Plus you get a diesel option as well. But I doubt merc offers much discounts like Audi does.

Aa far as Kodiaq and Tiguan are concerned, I think the price difference is too much for small features here and there. Except the adaptive dampers, which I think is the most important point in Kodiaq’s favour over the Tiguan. Only through test drives can help one decide. I’m not in a hurry so will see and observe for a while from the fence

Last edited by magikrider : 22nd January 2022 at 22:46.
Old 22nd January 2022, 23:14   #90
Team-BHP Support

The updates to the Kodiaq are pretty good. I'm pleasantly surprised to see DCC there.

The L&K has got a good bump in features but the Style is actually down on features vs the older car.

As always I will go for the Sportline even with the lesser features only cause of no chrome on the outside and the all black cabin. Just as I got the Scout last time over the L&K just for the interiors.

For anyone interested here is the list of features removed in the new Kodiaq vs the older one:

1. Only 1 blanket instead of 2
2. Only 1 umbrella instead of 2
3. No net for storage in passenger footwell
4. No felt carpet lining in small cubby hole below steering
5. Door red light when opening deleted and replaced with reflectors
6. Torch from boot removed
7. Laurin and Klement embroidered stitching removed from rear seats (only front)
8. Boot carpet over the spare wheel removed.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks