Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2022, 13:05   #211
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

On the colour discussion, I don't understand their logic.
- only 1 colour in style
- no black in sportline, esp when they don't have red too

Buyers who are particular about colour will have to select trim based on colour and not features that they want.. standard colours like black and grey should have been there in all trims

As someone said, the way they launched kodiaq somehow gave a feeling that they weren't that serious about it. Responses from dealership has also been a bit passive, in my view
Old 5th February 2022, 13:44   #212
BHPian

Was 1200 units in-line with their previous Kodiaq sales figures? Looking at the demand it seems quite less and they could have sold more easily.
Old 5th February 2022, 14:01   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Was 1200 units in-line with their previous Kodiaq sales figures? Looking at the demand it seems quite less and they could have sold more easily.
They used to sell around 150 on average. With no diesel, they may have thought of a lower number. But, imo, they didn't take into account
1. the major gap in this segment now with Endeavour gone
2. Backlog because of 2 years COVID gap.
3. More people with purchasing power in this segment
4. Confidence in their own product

1 and 2 is from my own experience
motorhead5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 14:16   #214

Hi everyone,

Went to the EVM Skoda dealer in kochi for a test drive. Drove the car and really liked it. Recently sold my Volvo S 90 and was looking for a replacement. I own a Discovery Sport too. The kodiaq was a breeze to drive and I prefer the understated European styling.

Unfortunately they are not accepting bookings officially but are willing to take a booking amount (one lakh) and slot me in for an L&K version if someone drops out. They currently have 18 bookings. Not sure if I should pay and take a chance or wait for more clarity. Of course the amount is fully refundable so no risk there. I agree that Skoda has a good car on their hands but could have planned the launch a bit better and catered for the demand. Disappointed to have liked the car but not being able to own it.
Old 5th February 2022, 15:17   #215
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
So their target itself was only 1200? For a Jan launch car, that means 100 units per month.
Market sizing is always dependent on the overall value proposition product brings to the table and demand elasticity curve, and both have subjective variables as well. One glance at data of petrol SUV/Crossover monthly average sales in 2021, make it quite apparent.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-1.jpg

Relatively, MG Hector/Hector+ here has lowest price range, Jeep Compass offers wide price band, so, if Skoda planned to sell 100 petrol only Kodiaq a month, looks apt in foresight, as Skoda can always increase CKD production to address higher demand, rather than pushing product out of the showroom with discounts, like sister brand Audi.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  19.7 KB

Skoda’s under powered 148 BHP diesel Kodiaq’s sales decline over years. So, now that part has been addressed by Skoda with this new 188 BHP petrol engine. But how come there is such a rush for thirsty petrol engine? When Tiguan Allspace with the same engine and with lower price tag was struggling, I believe it was sold at massive discount.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4959329 (My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep)
pqr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 15:57   #216
BHPian

L & K deliveries might start from next week. Fingers crossed!
hrishig is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:43   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
L & K deliveries might start from next week. Fingers crossed!
Good to hear - are you getting colors other than white? Bengaluru dealers are only offering white L&K for February deliveries.
Old 8th February 2022, 12:20   #218
BHPian

I am aware of L&K Blue and Grey deliveries tentatively planned for next week. The Vin numbers are yet not confirmed to owners.
Old 8th February 2022, 16:57   #219
BHPian

My dealer has delivered two Sportline and one Black L&K last week. Seems alright given the launch was less than a month ago.

Waiting for news on my Lava Blue L&K.
Old 8th February 2022, 18:20   #220
BHPian

Has anyone seen a sportline in Bangalore?. Prefer to see a race blue. As far as I checked, there are none here - yard or showrooms. Would love to see one if anyone has it
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 19:14   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Has anyone seen a sportline in Bangalore?. Prefer to see a race blue. As far as I checked, there are none here - yard or showrooms. Would love to see one if anyone has it
Please check with dealer in Sadashivnagar. They had Sportsline parked right in next lane few days back ..if I recollect, it was in White color
neel911 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 23:16   #222
BHPian

Right. Today i saw that they had displayed it right at the entrance of the showroom
Old 9th February 2022, 01:22   #223
BHPian

Has anyone witnessed TPMS working on the L&K version? In my two times in two separate cars, the TPMS did not show the exact psi numbers but a set up screen that individual had to confirm if the “4 tire pressure have been set correctly” with the “SET” confirmation button. Later checked the test drive videos as well which did not show the actual pressure. Does it have an active TPMS or a passive one which only indicates the loss of pressure?
Old 9th February 2022, 14:11   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Has anyone witnessed TPMS working on the L&K version? In my two times in two separate cars, the TPMS did not show the exact psi numbers but a set up screen that individual had to confirm if the “4 tire pressure have been set correctly” with the “SET” confirmation button. Later checked the test drive videos as well which did not show the actual pressure. Does it have an active TPMS or a passive one which only indicates the loss of pressure?
The TPMS present in Kodiaq is same as Karoq. Both have passive TPMS. I usually forget to SET the tire pressure after filling up air in them so it gives a warning in the virtual cockpit.
Anand1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 14:44   #225
BHPian

As a Tiguan AllSpace owner, I was eagerly waiting for the Kodiaq facelift so that I can feel bad. From the review, I am definitely feeling "bad" in many aspects, but also surprised/happy on some areas, given a choice today, I could end up buying Tiguan AS over Kodiaq.
Kodiaq seems to have over indexed (probably rightly so) on the "experience" and "Poshness" of the vehicle and left out a few safety and driving assists that are there on it's VW twin
  • Looks wise Kodiaq takes the cake, interiors, exteriors everything looks more premium (unless you argue Tiguan has a "classic look"), and all the tweaks like piano finish, L&K badge, graphics in the clusters, umbrellas all make it much more nicer.
  • 360 camera, ventilated seats and DCC. Something I really miss on Tiguan, it has heated seats which are not very useful.
  • Some misses on both sides, food tray x 2 on VW vs blanket holder, VW also has removable torch on boot etc.
  • The sound system on Kodiaq is a different league compared to Tiguan, absolutely no match!
  • What Tiguan scores big time though are the safety and driver assist features like Frontal assist, Adaptive Lane guidance etc. I don't think Tiguan even has the radar on the front bumper? This may look a little gimmicky for Indian roads, but I would choose Tiguan over Kodiaq (if at all) for this

Some questions which I couldn't see answers for in this thread.
  • Does Kodiaq also has powered passenger seats?
  • Does it have a radar module on the front (can see a dark glass plate anove the camera on the front bumper pics.
  • Is this a CBU or India made?
  • How is DCC? Does it "dynamically" adjust the hardness or is it a set stiffness per driving mode? I remember my friend who has an A6, stopped the car when leaving the highway for a minute, so that his suspensions can go up. It really did look like a "feature" anyone would want.
  • Is the Head Unit 8" or 9" (there is discover and discover+ units), the latter offers out of the box 3D maps etc (cannot be loaded from SD card)
  • How is the air conditioning? This is the single biggest problem I have with AllSpace, 3rd row has no A/C vents of windows. Even front row A/C is quite bad (sunroof adds to the woes).

Last edited by narayanbabu : 9th February 2022 at 15:13. Reason: Added lines, typo correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks