Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 19:50   #301
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq Delivery Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
As per quotation I had taken it will be 1.8- 2.0 lacs for A4
around Rs 780/sqft

However I don't think Price deviation is much for different size of vehicle as the wastage is less for bigger vehicles.
Yes, have similar quotes from multiple shops. This is the only film with a 12-year warranty. ( We keep our cars around 14-15 years.) The 10-year warranty film quotes are cheaper by 20-30 k. I saw two cars getting installed with Valor and decided to go ahead with the same film. Is this the correct decision, I will know after 5+ years.
hrishig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:31   #302
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

I had booked one by Jan end and was told earlier that delivery would be by April. Latest update is Q3. Don't think I would want to wait until then.

Looking forward to Meridien launch. Hope they price it well and plan it well too; unlike Skoda!!
Old 22nd February 2022, 23:56   #303
BHPian

Mileage update - Folks, today I drove to my work which is 30 kms one way and was 1hr and 45 min journey. Mileage was 6.1kmpl when driven on Eco mode throughout with the light foot and Auto Engine off "ON". My Vento 1.2TSI easily manages 12kmpl during the same time and similar traffic with some spirited sprints.

@motorhead5 - Guess this is for L&K? Sportsline are more ready available I heard (like mine)
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 08:26   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I had booked one by Jan end and was told earlier that delivery would be by April. Latest update is Q3. Don't think I would want to wait until then.

Looking forward to Meridien launch. Hope they price it well and plan it well too; unlike Skoda!!
Hi,

Who is your dealer in bangalore?
Old 23rd February 2022, 10:48   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Mileage update - Folks, today I drove to my work which is 30 kms one way and was 1hr and 45 min journey. Mileage was 6.1kmpl when driven on Eco mode throughout with the light foot and Auto Engine off "ON". My Vento 1.2TSI easily manages 12kmpl during the same time and similar traffic with some spirited sprints.

@motorhead5 - Guess this is for L&K? Sportsline are more ready available I heard (like mine)
I wonder what will happen in city traffic
Old 23rd February 2022, 11:05   #306
BHPian

I am really apprehensive about Skoda now. The dealer - Aryaveer Skoda in Delhi was calling me ten times a day before the booking and now does not even have the decency to give a proper response. Skoda India is really killing a good product with such shady tactics. While VW messed up the Tiguan by cutting back on features, Skoda is messing up on an altogether and more dangerous level- losing customer confidence. Really making the whole experience go sour. Has anyone cancelled their bookings? And no gift hamper here. Lucky are those who got one.
Old 23rd February 2022, 11:42   #307
BHPian

Quote:
I would chalk this up to engine break-in - mileage should improve after this initial period.

However, I also would not expect too much of an improvement because the same 2.0L TSI engine does duty on the Octavia which is ~20% lighter and is only FWD. Folks have reported a mileage of ~10-11 kmpl on the Octavia.
solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 11:53   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
I am really apprehensive about Skoda now. The dealer - Aryaveer Skoda in Delhi was calling me ten times a day before the booking and now does not even have the decency to give a proper response. Skoda India is really killing a good product with such shady tactics. While VW messed up the Tiguan by cutting back on features, Skoda is messing up on an altogether and more dangerous level- losing customer confidence. Really making the whole experience go sour. Has anyone cancelled their bookings? And no gift hamper here. Lucky are those who got one.
Agree with you and had posted on similar lines earlier in this thread.
If only Vw had launched it with a few more features would have been another story.
In either case personally for me I have had a very good experience with my Vw dealer in Bangalore for the past few years hence would choose the Tiguan. The skoda SA has just vanished 24 hours after car launch.
Old 23rd February 2022, 13:50   #309
BHPian

I booked L&K Lava Blue on 4th Jan, which was verified by Skoda on the 6th. My SA / Dealer (Mody Skoda Worli) do not have any update on delivery, but have been answering/returning my calls.

Contacted Skoda Customer Care yesterday. Received a mail from the dealer saying why deliveries are delayed, they are trying their best and will update. Also, received a call from Skoda saying my question has been escalated to seniors and that they will update me.

Yes, Skoda could have been proactive in their communication. That said, it has been only about 6 weeks since launch. In comparison, my friend got his Tiguan a little over two months after launch. Recently, I read in T-BHP that XUV 700 booked in Sep-Oct was delivered last week.

Yes, this wait is frustrating, but I would like to be practical about it all the same.
BalaSNKL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 14:22   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
I booked L&K Lava Blue on 4th Jan, which was verified by Skoda on the 6th. My SA / Dealer (Mody Skoda Worli) do not have any update on delivery, but have been answering/returning my calls.

Contacted Skoda Customer Care yesterday. Received a mail from the dealer saying why deliveries are delayed, they are trying their best and will update. Also, received a call from Skoda saying my question has been escalated to seniors and that they will update me.

Yes, Skoda could have been proactive in their communication. That said, it has been only about 6 weeks since launch. In comparison, my friend got his Tiguan a little over two months after launch. Recently, I read in T-BHP that XUV 700 booked in Sep-Oct was delivered last week.

Yes, this wait is frustrating, but I would like to be practical about it all the same.
Escalating to Skoda directly helps. The dealers are just clueless on delivery. Every car is having an waiting of atleast 8-12 weeks now (BMW, Merc etc.). Skoda could have just been proactive in communicating with all the customers who booked and give an tentative timeline.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:00   #311
BHPian

And then after sending them a stern mail today, i got this response:
"
This is in reference to the raised concern for Skoda Kodiaq availability, for this we have already sent the mail on dated 14th Feb 2022 with complete briefing why it is being delayed. It is because due to the shortages of Semi-conductor.

As we have conveyed you that the Skoda team has given the confirmation regarding the allocation. But this allocation is totally depends upon the production line. Based on this we have to wait for the production confirmation.

We still assure you as per the instruction receive from the company we will get some car’s allocation in this week only and we are in touch with the company on the daily basis regarding the same. We request you please wait till the further communication.

And we will give you the update time to time. For further assistance please feel free to contact us at undersigned details.
"

So Why would Skoda then launch something if they cannot fulfill. What was that big media blitz about starting production etc? Pictures of management posing on the production line. Plus, the whole allocation bit- completely new.

Anyone else got any other type of stall response?
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:19   #312
BHPian

I got an update from the dealer that my car delivery will happen this week( L & K lava blue). I will share updates once the delivery is done. My guess is we will start seeing multiple L & K deliveries from March 1st week.
hrishig is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:30   #313
BHPian

Congratulations hrishig,

Do keep us posted on how it goes
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:56   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. I had booked a sportline. Didn't yet manage to see one . Hope to see a blue sportline soon..

Anyway, looking at the response from Skoda, I see every possibility of them pushing me towards Jeep in q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
I got an update from the dealer that my car delivery will happen this week( L & K lava blue)
Congratulations buddy . Post pics once get your hands to it..
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:09   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Nope. I had booked a sportline. Didn't yet manage to see one . Hope to see a blue sportline soon..

Anyway, looking at the response from Skoda, I see every possibility of them pushing me towards Jeep in q2

Congratulations buddy . Post pics once get your hands to it..
Here you go. Came across this today on YouTube. I believe this is the Blue Kodiaq in Sportsline trim.

EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks