Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2022, 11:37   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
It might be marketing gimmick also, as engine specifications & performance are ditto for A4 / Octavia / Superb / Kodiaq & A6 / Octavia RS 245.

Please correct if I am wrong.
Sorry Octavia VRS 245 is different in terms of engine output and other hardwares. Also performance is much better in VRS and has more mod potential.
Old 30th March 2022, 11:59   #437
Senior - BHPian

Going off topic, but in the Audi A4, the 2.0 TFSI is placed longitudinally and coupled with a 12v mild hybrid system. Others don't have the mild hybrid tech. Internationally the 2.0 TFSI in the A4, makes 200 hp (40 TFSI) and 260 hp (45 TFSI). Hoping they bring the higher tune to India this year. It has a claimed 0-100 km/h time of 4.8 seconds!
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 12:34   #438
BHPian

A quick question on the petrol. The A4 requires octane 95 petrol (as per Audi India WS). So I guess this should be same here too. For long drives this seems to be a deal breaker for me. Is this a valid concern?
Old 30th March 2022, 12:56   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingcrew View Post
A quick question on the petrol. The A4 requires octane 95 petrol (as per Audi India WS). So I guess this should be same here too. For long drives this seems to be a deal breaker for me. Is this a valid concern?
This has been discussed and answered several times below. These engines work fine with regular fuel. By regular I mean "Normal petrol", "sada petrol", etc. whatever people call it. That fuel in India is mixed with 10% ethanol, same is also mentioned at the filling pump. All VAG cars with the 1.0L, 1.5L, 1.8L, 2.0L work absolutely fine with standard fuel available across India. The issues creep in when the fuel is adulterated, or has additives in it. Personally I have never had a good experience with Shell. And the pump I usually went to fill in is owned by a college mate of mine, so I have no concerns of fuel being adulterated. I have reiterated my concern regarding this earlier too although some people have no issues with Shell. I had lesser issues with V-Power, but now that its completely unaffordable, I shifted immediately to XP95. Have filled at least 10-12 full tanks. Thats roughly 5000+ kms. The experience is very nice! The engine is much more smooth, idle is better, NVH is better, all in all just great. I have a small 1.5 KM flyover just outside my house, hence its inevitable for me to cross it in the morning, the incline is quite steep at both ends, and on normal fuel the engine used to knock in D3 or D4 gear. Not with XP95. And the car climbs the incline butter smooth in D5. Earlier I used to find myself shifting to S mode to avoid the knocking and bogging, but not anymore. So yes, the higher octane does make a noticeable difference and gives your engine better and longer life. So there are no two ways about it that I am always filling with XP95 in the near future as well as if and when I get a new car with a modern petrol engine be it a BMW, Audi, VW, Skoda, Merc, whatever brand. If your main usage is in the city, you won't notice much of a difference, but out on the highways, ghats, it does make a difference. XP95 is easily available in every major city I have been to in the past few months. Even on some highways in GJ and RJ states.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 13:47   #440
BHPian

I have a 2017 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI and I have never bothered to fill it up with 95 octane fuel. The car has given me zero problems related to fuel ever since I have owned it.
If I remember correctly, a message on the inside of my car's fuel lid recommends 95 octane petrol but I have never had any problems with regular fuel and hence, have never bothered to fill premium fuel.
I guess you could just go for normal petrol from an IOCL pump and you should be fine. The difference in price per litre between both doesn't justify the marginal increase in performance.

Last edited by umairalvi : 30th March 2022 at 13:49.
umairalvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 13:56   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Sorry Octavia VRS 245 is different in terms of engine output and other hardwares. Also performance is much better in VRS and has more mod potential.
But engine's output figures are exactly same with A6.
241 BHP 370 NM.

So under the bonnet of A6, it's mostly vRS 245, with some hardware alterations.
Old 30th March 2022, 14:25   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But engine's output figures are exactly same with A6.
241 BHP 370 NM.

So under the bonnet of A6, it's mostly vRS 245, with some hardware alterations.
A6 might be but not A4 / Octavia / Superb / Kodiaq etc
Old 30th March 2022, 14:48   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
A6 might be but not A4 / Octavia / Superb / Kodiaq etc
Yeah, that's what I mentioned in my previous post.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old 30th March 2022, 14:56   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Internationally the 2.0 TFSI in the A4, makes 200 hp (40 TFSI) and 260 hp (45 TFSI). Hoping they bring the higher tune to India this year. It has a claimed 0-100 km/h time of 4.8 seconds!
The A4 has the 40 TFSI, 187 bhp engine tune whereas the A6 gets the higher 45 TFSI, 241 bhp tune.

Highly unlikely for India market, that they will upgrade the A4 engine to A6 levels. Different segments, different price bracket.

The A4 could share the engine with Q3 (launch later this year) and the A6 already shares with Q5.
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 15:26   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Update on my Kodiaq -

Skoda agreed to my suggestion ( as suggestions by members here) to just drain the fuel from Shell, kill the errors manually and fill xp 95 and try it out.
Hope they drained the petrol from the fuel lines too. Guess it holds 5-6 litres easily. If you've filled the tank fully with XP95 and car has run 200 kms without issues, it may be safe to conclude things are sorted out.

Even if it's same octane rating, no one quite knows how these additives of different OMC's act on different engines and it's quite impractical to stick to a single fuel brand especially when you're on long inter state journeys.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 30th March 2022 at 15:39.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 15:47   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post
I have a 2017 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI and I have never bothered to fill it up with 95 octane fuel. The car has given me zero problems related to fuel ever since I have owned it.
So good to know that. We seriously hope it's the same for 2.0 TSI. What's the reading on ODO by the way?
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 16:39   #447
BHPian

Quote:
So good to know that. We seriously hope it's the same for 2.0 TSI. What's the reading on ODO by the way?
It's around 60,000 kilometres.
umairalvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 19:19   #448
BHPian

I agree with umairalvi. I too never had a problem with my Octavia 1.8 TSi. Running fine on regular petrol past 4 years.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 19:38   #449
BHPian

Quote:
@goenkakushal has taken it in writing from Audi that normal petrol will work without any problems whatsoever. So you don't need to be concerned at all I think for the Audi. Even we fill up the A4 with normal petrol in Pune and have had zero problems. The SA also reassured as of the same when we took our delivery.
Old 30th March 2022, 19:55   #450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Going off topic, but in the Audi A4, the 2.0 TFSI is placed longitudinally and coupled with a 12v mild hybrid system. Others don't have the mild hybrid tech. Internationally the 2.0 TFSI in the A4, makes 200 hp (40 TFSI) and 260 hp (45 TFSI). Hoping they bring the higher tune to India this year. It has a claimed 0-100 km/h time of 4.8 seconds!
The higher 45 TFSI tune on the A4 is offered globally only with quattro configuration. The 40 TFSI in Ultra trim (same FWD configuration as India) is offered as the VFM spec to apparently get higher numbers from buyers who would normally purchase an Accord or Camry around the same price. The result is that the quattro purists prefer an Accord over the A4 FWD ultra and the folks who would normally purchase an Accord are the ones who landed themselves an A4 Ultra

Quote:
I've had my A4 on the regular fuel for the first 4 months of the ownership and it works alright. The system adjusts the cycle as per the octane rating of the fuel. Its only when I filled in my first tank of XP95 did I realize how much more eager it feels with the better fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
The SA also reassured as of the same when we took our delivery.
Maybe practically OK but take that confirmation from the sales advisor with a pinch of salt as the VAG team really has had nothing else to sell in India for the last 2 years apart from TFSI engines rated for 95 Octane fuel.

Last edited by manson : 30th March 2022 at 20:12.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks