Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2022, 21:44   #586

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hi

The audio system takes to life past the halfway mark. I can assure you the quality is there, but not at lower volumes. I have not tried flac files on the canton, but I listen to the same music on Spotify at home and in the car at times. And I feel the fidelity in the kodiaq takes my 2+ lakh audio only system home for a mild roughening up. The equaliser settings also matter a lot. It took me a couple of days to tweak it to what pleases my ears. Hope you too can afford to take time for that. But I can assure you, its as good as it gets. At this price point. Not going to fight with the super luxury car brands.

Enjoy the music and safe driving

GJM
Vocalanesthesia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 14:18   #587
BHPian

My dealer says the L&K Lava Blue that I booked got allocated and it can be delivered in next two weeks. This comes after a long wait and my attempt to cancel it at some point. Skoda convinced me to keep my booking.

To all facelift Kodiaq owners: did you think about the impact of impending E20 rollout? Did you find anything reassuring or you simply took a leap of faith hoping for the best?

Last edited by novice : 27th June 2022 at 14:20.
Old 27th June 2022, 19:13   #588
BHPian

Folks,
I had taken delivery of the car on 22nd June. a few clicks:
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20220622wa0039.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220622_143414.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220622_163757.jpg

Had a 450 km round trip, and what impressed me the most is the way the steering holds up to speed even in normal mode. The way it is calibrated is really impressive. Received a mileage of 14.2 kmpl for the onward journey and 12.2 for the return trip. The fuel used is Xp95. Tire pressure kept was 35 psi with 3 seats occupied and a 30kg luggage in the boot.

There were no clear instructions from the dealer on the fuel to be used even after specifically asking about it. I think this is the same case with many of the dealerships, that they are not explaining the fuel requirements to the customers. But the owners manual is very clear about it :
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220622_222010.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocalanesthesia View Post
Hi
And I feel the fidelity in the kodiaq takes my 2+ lakh audio-only system home for a mild roughening up. The equalizer settings also matter a lot. It took me a couple of days to tweak it to what pleases my ears. Hope you too can afford to take time for that. But I can assure you, its as good as it gets. At this price point.
GJM
I can vouch for the sound quality too. Would suggest enabling the Dolby Pro Logic II from sound settings and increasing the subwoofer volume by a couple of notch higher based on your taste. Enabling Pro logic will bring the 2 mid-range speakers on the front door to life and changes the overall sound dynamics of the audio system. Also, suggest using android car/apple car play and using the music streaming apps directly from the ICE rather than streaming over Bluetooth. I use Spotify and Youtube Music set to the highest sound quality settings and could hear many new sounds in the familiar tracks

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 27th June 2022 at 19:16.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 20:34   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Did you think about the impact of impending E20 rollout? Did you find anything reassuring or you simply took a leap of faith hoping for the best?
Dealers making us assure that 2.0 TSI can tolerate E20, that will be in effect from 2025, truth is its nowhere documented that its a favourable fuel.

Though Zac has tweeted TSIs can run without issues on E20 - I doubt it being sensitive engine with complex engineering.
SilverSmoke is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 22:21   #590
BHPian

One query to all owners here: How did the front number plates got fixed on your cars? I don't see any provision for the same on the front bumper.

I have not received the blanket with my car. Is it same for all new deliveries? Also number of keys reduced to 2.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 27th June 2022 at 22:23.
Old 27th June 2022, 23:02   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
One query to all owners here: How did the front number plates got fixed on your cars? I don't see any provision for the same on the front bumper.

I have not received the blanket with my car. Is it same for all new deliveries? Also number of keys reduced to 2.
Front & rear both plates got bolted to the body.

Blanket should be there. One blanket & one umbrella in L&K - previously they were two.

Keys were also three previously I remember, now reduced to two.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220627_225336.jpg  

SilverSmoke is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 01:31   #592
BHPian

Completed 1st 1000 KMs & a few added observations:

1. Audio system sound is amazing - you just need to tweak it. I adjusted it as told by bhpians AnandB & VocalAnesthesia, it's the one of the best systems I heard in a car. Also, give a work in handset's equalizer too.

2. Filled her up with 95 Octane, saw engine a bit smoother & an increase in FE 1 KMPL to 1.5 KMPL - evens out the price for it.

3. High beams are insanely bright - please don't use them regularly.

4. Alloys look class apart though design is similar with older generation, finish gives them a lot fresher look.

5. Drive is lethargic in Eco mode - if you are aiming to overtake a trailer - better plan atleast 15 seconds in advance or shift to normal / sports mode.

6. Apart from Comfort mode, suspension is stiff - bumps easily filters into the cabin.

7. Stock tires provide ample grip but become noisy above 80 KMPH.

8. No child lock on front passenger seat - can't ride alone with a high energy kid in front.

9. Good horn intensity & tonal balance.

10. Audio sounds bit inferior if android auto connected via Bluetooth only - make sure Wi-Fi is on too.

11. Doors are heavy - mom struggles to open up.

12. Have not installed car perfume - new interior smells so good.

13. Parents found second row more comfortable than Innova Crysta.

14. Easy to maneuver in city traffic.

15. Tail light animations are terrific.

16. Sensor beeps can be a nuisance in bumper to bumper traffic.

17. Engine oil temperature doesn't exceed 104°C anytime.

18. Direct sunlight can cook the car - especially rear passengers - even with sunroof closed.

19. TPMS is difficult to get working - may require pressure setting inputs frequently.

20. Brakes are adequate but could be better.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220704_194304.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220704_194318.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220704_194335.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220704_190839.jpg  

SilverSmoke is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 21:45   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Completed 1st 1000 KMs & a few added observations:

19. TPMS is difficult to get working - may require pressure setting inputs frequently.
Great update @SilverSmoke.
Does the Kodiaq TPMS can display current air pressure? Somehow I couldn't make it working. Every time I goto the tyre settings, it asks for saving the current air pressure and it gets saved as well as per the message displayed on screen. But unable to see the current air pressure. Or is it that the system will only warn about a rapid pressure loss?

Also observed that the 12v auxiliary power on the dashboard stays ON even after the car is locked. After certain time period (many hours in my case) it turns off. I am guessing the battery management circuit keep it running until the battery reaches certain lower threshold. This is a nice touch.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:33   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Does the Kodiaq TPMS can display current air pressure?

Also observed that the 12v auxiliary power on the dashboard stays ON even after the car is locked.
Me too can't get the current pressure reading, & yes it asks for default pressure settings everytime it is accessed.
Thats annoying.
Maybe if pressure dips belows certain threshold, it will raise the alarm.
But in my view, it's empirical to display current tire pressure at all times.

Also, I have to pull out supplied Blaupunkt charger to stop the point from working, but current might still be there.
Old 7th July 2022, 09:23   #595
BHPian

Do you think Skoda will increases the prices of the Kodiaq once they resume bookings probable from Jan 2023? ��
Old 7th July 2022, 11:50   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me too can't get the current pressure reading, & yes it asks for default pressure settings everytime it is accessed.
Quote:
Does the Kodiaq TPMS can display current air pressure?
It is indeed an indirect TPMS and will only display an error on the infotainment screen, MID, and the TPMS logo on the cluster lights up if there is loss of around 5 PSI or more. Direct TPMS to display precise pressure in all four wheels can be retrofitted but requires hardware and software tweaks.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 12:29   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
It is indeed an indirect TPMS and will only display an error on the infotainment screen, MID, and the TPMS logo on the cluster lights up if there is loss of around 5 PSI or more.
Many thanks for the information.

But what is motive for feeding the default pressure values everytime vehicle starts?

Will system assess the 5 PSI pressure drop threshold from feeded values or, it calculates on its own?
Old 7th July 2022, 12:39   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Do you think Skoda will increases the prices of the Kodiaq once they resume bookings probable from Jan 2023? ��
With the input cost going up and the downward market spiral EU is in, I guess they would have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
It is indeed an indirect TPMS and will only display an error on the infotainment screen, MID, and the TPMS logo on the cluster lights up if there is loss of around 5 PSI or more. Direct TPMS to display precise pressure in all four wheels can be retrofitted but requires hardware and software tweaks.
This is good info. So that means we are not getting TPMS RDK kit in India...
HotChillyPepper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 00:18   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks for the information.

But what is motive for feeding the default pressure values everytime vehicle starts?

Will system assess the 5 PSI pressure drop threshold from feeded values or, it calculates on its own?
You just have to store the pressure values once at the time of filling air. At least thats how it works in my Octavia. And the system has been pretty reliable in detecting a minor side wall tear, a leaky valve, and a nail-in puncture much before the entire tyre deflates giving me ample time to drive to the nearest repair shop.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 17:02   #600
Senior - BHPian

I bought a Moon White Kodiaq Sportline

Yes, I finally bit the bullet. For serious lack of better options in the price range and after much deliberations with myself over picking Skoda yet again for my next ride, I decided to book the Sportline Kodiaq back in Feb. Fast forward to May, there was still no definite timeline on when the delivery will take place. After a nice email to Mr. Hollis, things fell in place as expected and I got the allotment for the colour I wanted. I was given options for Blue and Grey earlier but I was sure I wanted the White one. Managed to get the delivery last month, so its been about a month of ownership with a healthy 3000 KM under my belt, and I thought this is the right time to share the experience with all of you.

1. Size: I like that its a full size SUV, its easy to manoeuvre in traffic, and has a commanding presence on the roads. The steering takes only one and half turns lock to lock! Just one full turn to make a U-turn, this was a pleasant surprise and my first time experiencing what might be progressive steering.

2. NVH: The cabin is quite detached from the outside world with all windows rolled up and doors shut, but its no Audi’s vault-like feeling. They still use Temperlite glass on the windows instead of the Sekurit that the Audis and Bee-ems use. Still, the road noise is well contained, wind noise above 110 km/h is heard but not disturbingly loud, and suspension is silent although a bit stiff on the rear, especially when I am alone in the car.

3. Seats and upholstery: I like the suede finish on the seats and door cards, and surprisingly, contrary to what I had imagined, the black fabric seats do not get hot even after being parked in the sun! Even 5 mins with the Octy in the sun and your back starts sweating on those sweltering leather seats. No such issues here, maybe, because of the UV cut glasses all around?

4. Cruising abilities: Easy cruiser on the highways, had several long trips and managed everything with no fatigue whatsoever. Banging stereo, comfortable seats that hold you in on the tight corners, enough power on tap to blast past traffic and again settle at a steady cruise for decent fuel efficiency (more on that later)

5. Headlights: These are some of the most powerful lights I have experienced in recent times. Ample brightness and throw even in poor weather conditions, excellent high beam, 5/5 on this one.

Dislikes:

1. The AC: Its a bit slow to cool the cabin, a bit finicky with outside ambient temperatures. I used to keep my Octy between 22-24 degrees, any time of the year and it would be pleasant. Here, I have to set it at 22 or lower. I don’t like bone-chilling air blowing at my face and hands when I am driving. There are two small vents at the back of the front armrest, for middle-row occupants. It is totally unjustified. The rear sun shades help though to keep the cabin cooler for longer. No vents in the last row mean no one is ever sitting there, and the seats have been permanently folded flat since day one.

2. Gearbox: Man is this a dim-wit slow gearbox (DSG) or what, this is not what I was expecting. After using the DQ200, which in comparison feels like a kickback you get on an old bullet kick start, this is in a dream world of its own. You press the accelerator, wait and stare at the cluster, 1..2.., “oh ok, I’ll shift down for you.. no no wait, you wanted an upshift right?? So sorry, here you go..Hey why not just stay in the same gear and have lazy acceleration? Yeah, that's the spot”. In all of 3000 Kms, the box still hasn’t learned my driving pattern, in its defence I haven’t used the kickdown button as yet, but I am not expecting much TBH.

3. Faux exhaust tips: You cannot call it a Sport variant and not have actual rearward-facing exhaust pipes! The exhaust note is good though.

4. Engine still feels a bit gruff. Super smooth while cruising, but I think it still needs some time to properly bed in. Maybe an oil change will help, coming to which I have to report no loss of engine oil in 3000 Kms. I am shocked.

5. Missing features: It should have got better wheels, a better / bigger touch screen, DCC, remove the sunroof, add cooled seats, and give it s black shade.

Any questions, do let me know. I am learning too. I am not adding any pictures as the car is identical to bhpian Jangra’s Sportline. (Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review)

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th July 2022 at 21:22. Reason: Spacing, spell, grammar. Please proofread before posting.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks