Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 19:27   #616

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

After a long wait, finally got the delivery of L&K in Lava Blue It indeed looks awesome. I was told that this is the first delivery of any L&K in my city. So far have driven around 200 Km and it has been satisfying experience. Though I feel the engine noise once you come near bonnet and heat is on a higher side as compared to my earlier creta. Will share the detail after some more driving. Appending few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-11023687bd4d470a947b4a117fae89fe.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-2938a02ea30e47c1b6c9e122d90667d5.jpeg  

autofan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:58   #617
BHPian

Congrats autofan. Good to see Kodiaq deliveries. Have fun driving the car and wish you lots of happy miles with it.

I recently enquired here in Mumbai for Kodiaq booking. They are taking booking but quoting 18 months for delivery. While we know they are sold out for 2022 but 18 months is quite a lot. And no test drive cars, even the demo vehicle has been sold out as per the dealer.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:05   #618
Senior - BHPian

Was pleasantly surprised with a small feature today. I always use the front wipers in auto mode, at lowest sensitivity setting. All this time, I was using the rear wiper manually, and every time I looked at the IRVM, I would see a mist of water and then I used the wiper manually. Yesterday forgot to turn off the rear wiper and I noticed that it also works intermittently or as per the speed of the front wipers. So now every time I look in the IRVM, the glass is clean

Was not surprised and knew of another feature (deletion) already, the passenger side ORVM is not auto-dimming. Will retrofit this from pre-FL Kodiaq parts bin. Hoping its plug and play.

ODO @ 3500 kms, day 43 of ownership. Avg FE for 3500 kms is 10.5 km/L.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:41   #619

While driving in the evening with AC on, I often get fog in the lower part of the windscreen. Tried putting on defrost but it does not go. I have to eventually keep using the wiper to remove it. Any better solution?
Old 24th July 2022, 01:24   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofan View Post
While driving in the evening with AC on, I often get fog in the lower part of the windscreen. Tried putting on defrost but it does not go. I have to eventually keep using the wiper to remove it. Any better solution?
Yeah.

That happens with excessively humid atmosphere.

Even with windshield airflow off, some amount of air do leaks onto glass & causes condensation on exterior (it can also happen inside but thanks to AC keeping humidity low).

One good method is to make windshield hot by diverting all heated air to windshield for a while intermittently - but it shall make you feel uncomfortable in this weather. Though it works very well in winters.

Some antifog coatings are also available, but those might damage the glass in the long run.
Old 24th July 2022, 08:38   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. I am seeing this problem only with Skodas. The problem is much worse with my Superb. The entire lower half of the windscreen gets fogged up. It is impossible to drive with AC on during rain. It is only a small patch with the Kodiaq for now but I am fairly sure it would get worse over time.
Old 25th July 2022, 08:06   #622
R_R
BHPian

Curious about the difference between the Sportline and L&K regarding the Off-road button. Both are obviously 4x4, or more accurately AWD. But the L&K gets an "Off-road" button which is missing in the Indian version of the Sportline (I see it in reviews of the UK version, however). Why is this? Does the "off-road" button provide any specific functionality to the L&K that is missing in the Sportline?
Old 25th July 2022, 11:32   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Both are obviously 4x4, or more accurately AWD. But the L&K gets an "Off-road" button which is missing in the Indian version of the Sportline
I believe its to do with the dynamic suspension thats only available in L&K in India.
Old 25th July 2022, 13:09   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While driving in the evening with AC on, I often get fog in the lower part of the windscreen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Same here. I am seeing this problem only with Skodas. The problem is much worse with my Superb.

To counter this I always start the AC in Auto, set the temperature at a reasonable 23-24 degrees, then set the air direction to face. This stops the air flowing through the dashboard vents and the windscreen should not fog up. For an already fogged up windscreen, it is better to do a defog by pressing the button, and at 28-29 degrees for 30 seconds at full blower speed. Remember to keep the AC button on. Setting the temperatures is crucial to this phenomena of fogging because if you set it at too low as compared to outside temp of 28-30 degrees with rain, the windscreen will fog up because of the cold air blowing on it, as compared to the hot air outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Curious about the difference between the Sportline and L&K regarding the Off-road button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I believe its to do with the dynamic suspension thats only available in L&K in India.
Offroad button brings up a menu on the infotainment screen and shows off-road displays with steering angle gauge, oil temp gauge and something else. It also brings up on the screen the option to use Hill Descent Control (HDC), which is missing in the Sportline. It does not alter the chassis / suspension in any way. Meaning you can keep the DCC in Comfort or any other mode and still press the Offroad button to use HDC.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 14:39   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
To counter this I always start the AC in Auto, set the temperature at a reasonable 23-24 degrees, then set the air direction to face.
One of my gripes with the Kodiaq is that I can't keep the A/C on auto and also have the internal circulation on at the same time.

Last edited by navin : 27th July 2022 at 16:11.
Old 28th July 2022, 07:54   #626

After seriously (obsessively?) considering (drooling over?) the Kodiaq for several months, looks like I’ll be giving it a miss.

It’s not the Petrol engine or the price or the long wait.. it’s that Škoda doesn’t seem serious about the Kodiaq in India.

After promising me a same-day Test Drive 4-5 times, the dealership (which was happy to accept my booking amount btw) couldn’t arrange a Test Drive because the only available car was in use by the dealership owner on each day.

I believe Škoda has sold as many Kodiaqs for the entire year as the number of Meridians sold last month. That’s ridiculous! In contrast, the Jeep Meridian SA has been diligent & professional in his follow ups (and I’ve seen regular deliveries during each visit to their showroom, so it’s not as if it’s not selling).

I’m terrified at the thought that if this is Škoda’s eagerness to sell a car, what might the after sales experience be? It isn’t comforting to know there may perhaps be reliance on imported (expensive / delayed) spare parts for a car which Škoda intentionally seems to want to sell only in limited numbers?!

Any experiences current owners could share?
Machine_Mania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 09:33   #627
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
One of my gripes with the Kodiaq is that I can't keep the A/C on auto and also have the internal circulation on at the same time.
Isn't this always the case with automated A/Cs? Because it sometimes needs to mix the warmer outside air to increase temperature inside if the inside temperature has gone below what you set. This has been the case in my old Grand Vitara, but don't know if in newer models, you can ensure no outside air. Annoying, agreed, one reason why I to rarely use automatic A/C. Another being that I can't then control fan settings!
Old 28th July 2022, 09:59   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Isn't this always the case with automated A/Cs? Because it sometimes needs to mix the warmer outside air to increase temperature inside if the inside temperature has gone below what you set. This has been the case in my old Grand Vitara, but don't know if in newer models, you can ensure no outside air. Annoying, agreed, one reason why I to rarely use automatic A/C. Another being that I can't then control fan settings!
I have 2014 Honda City CVT and it does give option to keep AC on auto and internal circulation on.

Below snapshot from my car. Check the illuminated buttons. I'm assuming this is what you are referring to right?

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot-20220728-9.57.53-am.png
Old 28th July 2022, 10:46   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
Based on my experience with VAG cars, when you put on recirculation the light on the auto button does go off. But the rest of the functions still continue to work as per auto. Its simply that you have overridden the recirculation, and the ac is not on full auto, is the reason for the light going off on the auto button.
Akshay1234 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 10:49   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine_Mania View Post
After seriously (obsessively?) considering (drooling over?) the Kodiaq for several months, looks like I’ll be giving it a miss.
Do not let the poor dealership experience keep you away from enjoying an amazingly capable car.

Regarding the wait time, call it the "Tucson effect" but lately a lot of customers have been cancelling their Kodiaq bookings and so call up a few SAs and ask them to call you immediately if a vehicle is available.

Over the past month, here in HYD, I have received 2 calls so far - 1 for a black L&K (which I passed on because of the colour) and 1 for a white Style (which I am taking delivery of this Saturday).
solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks