Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 14:04   #196
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Lets see Carens Prestige 1.5NA petrol vs XL6 Zeta - Carens gets
6airbags, a lot of important safety features, rear disc brakes, bigger head unit, rear camera, front parking sensors, bigger dimensions, higher ground clearance, bigger and wider wheels, electric seat tumble and TPMS. All this over the XL6 Zeta while being priced below 10L resulting in a lower on-road price vs the XL6.

The XL6 was the absolute VFM car in the 3-row segment. Not anymore, I think. Maruti might price the upcoming XL6 facelift aggressively while throwing in 6airbags, a sunroof and a newer 6AT gearbox. Going to be an interesting watch this.
neeraj08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:05   #197
BHPian

What does this car NOT have? Just 360 camera and a panoramic sunroof?
And maybe that crash test result. NCAP results would be icing on the cake.

Excellent entry pricing. Let the segment wars begin anew.
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:13   #198
Senior - BHPian

Kia as predicted has gone for the jugular of every MUV around and it's loaded with features and safety kit. Right from Ertiga to the Crysta will feel the heat of this killer pricing. When 'Premium' comes with in reach of the people so called "premium brands" are likely to suffer! Kia has indeed set the cat among the pigeons!! Those 16 inchers are sure to deliver a cushy ride as compared to it's Hyundai cousin which rides on 18 inchers. I think even the Seltos is bound to suffer due to this killer pricing.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 15th February 2022 at 14:18.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:17   #199
Senior - BHPian

Killer introductory pricing by Kia. This pricing now also will lure in XL6 prospective customers, which I didn't imagine at all Kia would do. Makes me presume that Kia has done its homework.

Huge waiting periods will be the norm. Only wonder how long the introductory pricing will last. My contact at Kia dealership says clearly, Kia has not announced any 'price promise' to anyone booking early (as Mahindra did, with the XUV700). Prices at the time of delivery, will prevail, as per him.

Expected on-road pricing for the 1.5 Diesel AT Luxury Plus is ₹21 lakhs, dealership's on-road pricing sheet should be available by today evening.
Old 15th February 2022, 14:18   #200
Senior - BHPian

The Kia Carens’ disruptive pricing takes aim at existing MPVs like the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and XL6, but could also draw buyers from SUV segments.

Here’s a quick look at how it stacks up against its rivals on the price graph.

Kia Carens Review-20220215_141702.jpg

Source : Autocar India
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:32   #201
BHPian

Kia missed an opportunity to offer 1.5 Diesel Auto in the mid spec Prestige plus variant. That would have been turned out to be a serious VFM package. Hope they'll add that option soon.
Muscle Boyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:44   #202
Senior - BHPian

Killer pricing and Kia will laugh its way to the bank. This 10-20 lac 5 years back was like a desert. Not anymore.

How does this car drive?

As a result of this pricing Toyota plans on increasing the innova pricing by 2 lacs and launch the Hilux at 45lac OTR.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:49   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
My contact at Kia dealership says clearly, Kia has not announced any 'price promise' to anyone booking early (as Mahindra did, with the XUV700). Prices at the time of delivery, will prevail, as per him.
Exactly the conversation I just had with the SA at Kia Andheri. He expected waiting periods to cross 8 weeks and prices will be derived at the time of delivery. The turbo petrol won't be available for test drives for another 7 days or so, going for diesel automatic test drive tomorrow but will surely be taking another test drive of the turbo petrol since that's the preferred option.
Old 15th February 2022, 14:50   #204
BHPian

This is a good strategy by Kia which is similar to Hyundai's.
Launch a product at a good introductory pricing and also have enough stock ready before customer's start cancelling.
And also keep increasing the price every few months, that in 2 years it will be more than 2 lakhs expensive.
But by that time, the product itself would have been an established brand (similar to Creta) and price wouldn't be the talking point anymore.
Once the sales numbers are taking a considerable dip, launch a facelift.

This is a much better strategy than pricing it over optimistically (can you hear VW, Skoda, Toyota & Honda) and then reducing the price at a later stage or selling with much higher year end discounts.

Really appreciate the marketing strategy of the Koreans.
RaghavEvoX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:51   #205
Team-BHP Support

Here I was, thinking the Carens overlapping the top half of Ertiga twins' and bottom half of Innova pricing would make it a compelling proposition, and they've gone and undercut both!

Maruti getting eaten for lunch, and Toyota nibbled for dessert. About time the complacent MUV players got jolted awake.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:51   #206
BHPian

Maruti, M&M, Tata: Kia, Yeh Tune Kya Kia?

Kia: Seltos ka, Sonet ka, Carnival ka, Sabka Badla Lega Tera Carens

Now Carens will flatten its competition and more! Now Kia should focus more on Safety and Service to cement its position.
CarNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:57   #207
BHPian

Who said that car prices need to increase every year? Killer pricing at 17L top end model and that real estate. I do not look at it as a 6 seater / 7 seater...its a 4 seater with acres of space.
Bsreecharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:58   #208
BHPian

Stellar pricing by Kia, hitting the ball out of the park.

I am damn sure it's gonna eat the sales of not only the Ertiga/Xl6 but also Sonet and Seltos as well!

Like many other Bhpians mentioning their colleagues and friends cancelling their bookings of Sonet(s), I too am happily joining them now.
Had earlier booked the Sonet 1.5 HTX D but seeing the prices of Carens, I am flattered.

Just now completed my booking of the Carens 1.5 Prestige MT (Petrol). This car is fulfilling my needs much better than the Sonet. Am saving about 1.5 Lacs upfront (in comparison to Sonet HTX D) and getting a Bigger, Newer, Safer (6 Airbags, 4 discs, etc) car. What I am losing is only some cosmetic stuff like Sunroof, Alloy Wheels, Auto AC, Electric Folding ORVMs which I can easily live without, and most importantly that lovely 1.5 CRDi's fuel efficiency. But hey, you can't have it all for that price man!

What is cherry on the cake is that the waiting period is lesser than the Sonet (10 weeks vs 25 weeks), and my sales advisor confirmed that I can easily get it before the Sonet even though I had booked it on 1 January 2022 .
Old 15th February 2022, 15:02   #209
Senior - BHPian

Finally an affordable 7 seater with a Diesel engine, a big minus for Maruti since it doesn’t have a Diesel.
Can't comment if it would eat away some part of Innova's sales, only time can say.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 15:13   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo-RS View Post

Just now completed my booking of the Carens 1.5 Prestige MT (Petrol). This car is fulfilling my needs much better than the Sonet. Am saving about 1.5 Lacs upfront (in comparison to Sonet HTX D) and getting a Bigger, Newer, Safer (6 Airbags, 4 discs, etc) car. What I am losing is only some cosmetic stuff like Sunroof, Alloy Wheels, Auto AC, Electric Folding ORVMs which I can easily live without, and most importantly that lovely 1.5 CRDi's fuel efficiency.
I too have booked 1.5 P prestige variant. If KIA had offered Prestige Plus variant in 1.5 P engine, I would have booked the same. Delivery period is 9 to 10 weeks. Hopefully, KIA will not increase price in the meantime.

Not a big fan of Turbo engines. Hence sticking with NA engine.

Will be a decent upgrade from my 10.5 year old Etios Liva. But having experienced Toyota's reliability and service quality, keeping fingers crossed.

I had already booked the MG Astor, which would be cancelled.

Similarly, I expect lot others who have booked Creta/ Seltos/ Sonet/ Venue/ Ertiga /XL6/Astor / Kushaq and Taigun to cancel their bookings and switch over to Carens

Last edited by DImPo : 15th February 2022 at 15:27.
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks