Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2022, 17:45   #541
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Going to book Carens automatic top end variant in a week or so. Getting admin work done with the lease partner.
@headbanger could you please provide the details of the lease quote for Carens. The lease duration and residual value.

I'm planning to lease Carens using company car policy as well. My annual running is on lower side (max 7k). I am yet to decide on which engine - 1.4 DCT vs 1.5D AT? Pricing the top end variants at the same price adds to the confusion.
Old 3rd March 2022, 17:57   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
@headbanger could you please provide the details of the lease quote for Carens. The lease duration and residual value.
The lease is thru org that I work for. I am opting for 4 years lease and the residual value is mapped at 35% for Carens.
Good luck with the confusion around engine options.

Last edited by headbanger : 3rd March 2022 at 18:00.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 20:13   #543
BHPian

Not sure if seen before but worth a watch if planning for a DCT

pandabear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 00:27   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Congratulations. Do share your delivery experience and drive experience?

Did you go for the dealer insurance or arrange it on your own?
Thanks!
The delivery experience was overall smooth and the staff at Kia was highly professional. Ambience and hospitality was really good at the dealership. The SA had already apprised us of the formalities, process and the time required to complete them.
The 15km drive back home was pretty smooth. The gearshifts were very smooth and I kept the RPM below 2000. The MID gave an FE figure of 19 km/l, but these are preliminary numbers as of now.

I had got an insurance quote from outside and it was about 30% lower than the dealer's quote. On the day of delivery, the dealership agreed to match my quote while keeping all the inclusions in the policy as it is. So eventually I got it from the dealer.
**Read the bonus tip in the end to save some bucks in insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post
Congratulations! The only dampener in this otherwise perfect VFM variant is the headlamps. Please do update us with the headlamp performance once you get the chance to drive in the dark.

Also, is it possible to retrofit OEM fog lamps from KIA (or from after market)? The plastic shroud/housing for fog lamp is still present and is the same compared to Luxury variant, hence I guess it could be done.
Thanks!
Yes, the LED headlamps in Prestige+ would have made it a sweeter deal. I did a short 10km ride at night and did not find any issue with the halogen headlamps illumination. I will post more on this as I get to test the headlamps more.
Yes, it is possible to retrofit OEM fog lamps in this variant. But since the fog lamps are not a part of Carens' accessory list, the dealership will have to get it through the spare parts inventory. This is what the sales advisor told me. I will update once I get the fog lamps installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. Wish you many happy miles.
I have tentatively booked the same variant in the same colour, albeit in the 1.5L NA version.
Thanks a lot!
Wish you a shorter waiting period for your car. Good thing about waiting periods is that the bugs or niggles get ironed out by the manufacturer in all this while.

**Insurance tip: If you are enjoying a healthy NCB discount on your existing car, you can transfer it's NCB discount to your new car. Higher the ex-showroom price of new car, higher will be the discount. Just obtain the NCB certificate from your insurer (of existing car) and pay them the amount equivalent to the NCB discount you had on your policy.
For example: On my existing car's insurance, I had got NCB discount(50%) of Rs.2000. I surrendered the discount and payed the insurer Rs.2000 and got the NCB certificate. Then availed that NCB discount on my new car and got a rebate of Rs.7000 (approx.). Hence, net saving of approx. Rs.5000. Hope this is helpful.
neeraj08 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 03:20   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Let us analyse this analytically. For the 5 year petrol package:[list=1][*]Extended warranty cost - Rs 23,877 (Kia dealer)[*]5 year service cost (per car dekho for Seltos - https://www.cardekho.com/kia/seltos/service-cost) - 23,140[*]2 year RSA - Rs 500 - 1,000 (internet search)[*]1 year scratch care + alloy wheel care
To know the real benefit we need to compare this package with Kia standard maintenance package.

Kia standard maintenance package also called "My Convenience" package is explained here -
https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kia2...ochure_new.pdf

Detailed explanation in below video -

I see that the benefit we are getting in "My Convenience Plus" package compared to standard is
1. Extended Warranty
2. RSA at reduced price. Not sure what is actual price and what would be the discounted price.
3. Scratch Care - 1 time benefit that too only in 1st year. Not sure about the details of this package.
4. PAN India coverage. Service can be availed anywhere/any city. In standard package the plan is tied with the dealer where the package is purchased.
5. What is missing in this package compared to standard - 2 car care services, which can be chosen among various available options.
6. Wheel alignment, balancing, rotations, 1 time alloy care service, 10% discount is common in both packages.

Price of "My Convenience" package for Carens -
4 year - Diesel: 24k, Petrol: 21.2k
5 year - Diesel: 29.2k, Petrol: 26k

Price of "My Convenience Plus" package -
4 year - Diesel: 35.5k, Petrol: 31k
5 year - Diesel: 50k, Petrol: 44.5k

Extended Warranty (approx) -
4 year - Diesel: 13.5k, Petrol: 12k
5 year - Diesel: 18k, Petrol: 16k

My driving per year is quite low & therefore extended warranty is not of much use. I believe if all the parts have functioned well for 3 years it will very well survive another few years. In my history of 3 cars, I never saw a need of EW.
But for people opting for DCT my suggestion would be to definitely go for maximum possible EW.
dextor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 12:32   #546
BHPian

We have booked the Luxury Plus Diesel Auto 7 seater, in black a few days before the price reveal and were promised a delivery around end March / Early April. Yesterday got a call from our dealer that they have a car available exactly as per our specs but will be a 6 seater version. We didnt think much about it much and went ahead and confirmed it and expect delivery towards the end of this week once the loan and payment formalities are over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj08 View Post
Thanks!
The delivery experience was overall smooth and the staff at Kia was highly professional. Ambience and hospitality was really good at the dealership. The SA had already apprised us of the formalities, process and the time required to complete them....I had got an insurance quote from outside and it was about 30% lower than the dealer's quote. On the day of delivery, the dealership agreed to match my quote while keeping all the inclusions in the policy as it is. So eventually I got it from the dealer.
Congratulations on your new Carens neeraj08 and nice to hear you had a pleasant experience, which I too can attest too as well with our dealer till date in Navi Mumbai.

We have an insurance quote of about 64K being offered by KIA and wanted to ask which provider did you get your discounted quotation from? In the end would like take the showroom suggested provider / KIA but subject to price of course. Also, for us, this car will be our 2nd car so unfortunately cannot cash in on any NCB from an existing car.
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 13:24   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
To know the real benefit we need to compare this package with Kia standard maintenance package.

If you buy these packages, you have to get your vehicle serviced from the same service center. There are charges to port it to another service center. I think we need to take this into consideration.

Below is the snippet from the FAQ doc

Quote:
Q9. Do I have to get my service only from the dealer from where I
purchase the package?
Ans. To avail the services it is mandatory to visit the dealer from where the
program was purchased.
Program provides flexibility of transferring the program to other dealer/city
by paying a nominal fee, if required.
For more details please contact your nearest authorized Kia workshop.
rajeevyes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 13:58   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Congratulations on your new Carens neeraj08 and nice to hear you had a pleasant experience, which I too can attest too as well with our dealer till date in Navi Mumbai.

We have an insurance quote of about 64K being offered by KIA and wanted to ask which provider did you get your discounted quotation from? In the end would like take the showroom suggested provider / KIA but subject to price of course. Also, for us, this car will be our 2nd car so unfortunately cannot cash in on any NCB from an existing car.
Thanks!
I actually got the quote from a local insurance broker who deals with all sorts of insurance providers. The quote from New India (Govt Org.) was about 40% cheaper but it did not have cashless claim feature outside the home state. The quotes from private firms (Tata, Bajaj, Reliance, ICICI) were about 30% cheaper and had all the add-ons.
If your NCB discount on existing car is lower (say 2-3k), you should get it transferred to new car. You will surely save about 10k on it. Talk about this to your insurance broker or the dealer, they are well aware of this process. You can also PM me incase of any queries.
Good luck with your purchase!
neeraj08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 22:32   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
We have booked the Luxury Plus Diesel Auto 7 seater, in black a few days before the price reveal and were promised a delivery around end March / Early April.
Hi, I too booked Diesel auto 7 seater Imperial Blue on 26th Feb with docket showing a waiting period of 22-23 weeks. When did you book yours?

Also, if anyone could answer the following:

1. Can I change the existing Windshield wipers to Aerotwin wipers in Carens from After market? And whether auto rain sensing will work once upgraded? I never liked these weak looking wipers! Sorry if this sounds stupid!

2. What are the possibilities of finding an after market device to make wired AA/ACP wireless in Luxury plus trim?

3. Will ride and handling change if I changed 16 inchers to 17 inchers and possible impact on FE?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by NAVREVV : 4th March 2022 at 22:41.
Old 5th March 2022, 16:24   #550
BHPian

I made a booking for KIA Carens 1.5 petrol Prestige variant on 15/2/22, the day prices were announced. I thought the vehicle would be allotted by May by which time XL6 and Brezza updated models would be launched.

But, I have received the allotment mail from the dealer today.

In a dilemma whether to take or not. If BH registration is available in TN, then I might go for it or else cancel it as I could be transferred shortly to another state.

Any one has updates about BH registration in TN please let me know
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 17:04   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevyes View Post
If you buy these packages, you have to get your vehicle serviced from the same service center. There are charges to port it to another service center. I think we need to take this into consideration.

Below is the snippet from the FAQ doc
The charge for changing the dealer is around Rs. 150-200 only. The package itself is offered by the OEM, not the dealer.
sf71hvettel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 18:23   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf71hvettel View Post
The charge for changing the dealer is around Rs. 150-200 only. The package itself is offered by the OEM, not the dealer.
I checked with my dealer. As per him there’s no charge and one can get the car serviced from anywhere.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 18:33   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I checked with my dealer. As per him there’s no charge and one can get the car serviced from anywhere.
There is definitely a charge to get the My Convenience package transferred from one dealer to another.
Old 5th March 2022, 20:10   #554
BHPian

Through Dealer, I booked PP DCT on 14th-Jan, chagned to LP Diesel AT on 15th-Feb.
When I login to Kia portal to see status of my booking, nothing seen under "My Order". I had checked this on 15th-Feb and it was empty even then.
In fact, my mobile number was not even registered when I tried first time.

Is this same for everyone? Is this portal only for people who booked online?

Customer Portal Login
Old 5th March 2022, 23:00   #555
BHPian

Quote:
2. What are the possibilities of finding an after market device to make wired AA/ACP wireless in Luxury plus trim?
I think, wireless AA/ACP is available from Prestige variant itself. I referred Kia Carens Official Boucher.

Quote:
3. Will ride and handling change if I changed 16 inchers to 17 inchers and possible impact on FE?
Even, I want to know the same. How will be the ride and handling if we change the 195/65 15 inches tyres to 205/65 16 inches.

I have booked 1.5 NA Petrol prestige variant for your information.

Initially, I was in idea to get a good pre worshiped car for a budget of 8 lakh. For this budget, I would get a decent sedan/suvs. My usage will be mainly in highways.

After seeing Carens price, thought like, if I can stretch my budget, I will get a new spacious car. So, I went ahead and booked one. I know the fact, that the waiting period is really high and I will get enough time to think and decide. Booking is just to hold the slot just in case.

I need your suggestions here,

Requirement,
  • 80% highways rides.
  • 95% less than 3 adults and 1 kid occupancy
  • Safe, Spacious and Comfortable car

My concerns, with Carens 1.5 NA Prestige [considering it as a 5 seater with really big boot space] which I have booked,
  1. Will this engine be adequate for this big car or will it be underpowered?
  2. Will Carens be overkill for my usage? [Overkill in the sense, unnecessarily compromising the milage even I don't have that level of usage]
  3. How safe is Carens? [Not in safety feature wise. Structurally]

I need your suggestions on this matter. For my usage, should I opt for Carens, as it will have all good features or should I get some good premium hatch/sedan/compact SUV for slightly lesser budget or stick with pre worshiped cars under 8 lakh budget.

Please key in your valuable suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks