Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 23:37   #556
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post

Is this same for everyone? Is this portal only for people who booked online?

Customer Portal Login
I am able to see details in My Order. In fact when you must have booked sms have been sent regarding docket details which will be another valid document for booking confirmation. If not check with dealer if some other number has been updated by mistake.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 23:55   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
I am able to see details in My Order. In fact when you must have booked sms have been sent regarding docket details which will be another valid document for booking confirmation. If not check with dealer if some other number has been updated by mistake.
Thanks for confirming.
I got the docket, with 8 weeks waiting time, first day itself.

Soon after price announcement, I got another docket with 22 weeks waiting time. On checking with the sales rep, he said it is being sent for everyone by default, no need to worry.

But, on changing the variant to LP diesel AT, I've not received any docket.
The sales rep is casually dodging my queries with "don't worry sir, you are on the top of the list for your color and variant" answer.

I've already sold my car and now commuting 50KM to office (twice a week) on my moped
So, getting sidelined by the sales rep/dealer will only increase my in everyday hardship.
praveenkkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 00:15   #558
BHPian

Quote:
But, on changing the variant to LP diesel AT, I've not received any docket.
The sales rep is casually dodging my queries with "don't worry sir, you are on the top of the list for your color and variant" answer.

I've already sold my car and now commuting 50KM to office (twice a week) on my moped
So, getting sidelined by the sales rep/dealer will only increase my in everyday hardship.
Ideally new docket must be sent or existing docket must show the latest AT variant. Can understand the pain of commute, best will be if time permits visit showroom in weekdays when rush is less and get confirmation on variant update. I don’t see sales people will be too willing to communicate on phone due to heavy rush as well as bumper bookings. I hope XL6 update is released soon so that few of the rush moves out and sales guys again start communicating properly once cancellations start.
autoweirdo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 09:40   #559

I am planning to buy Kia Carens Luxury plus Diesel AT and booked the same. I need some tips for maintaining a diesel car. Is it necessary to drive the car carefully (breaking in) for 1000 to 2000 km? Heard new generation cars do not require a break-in period. Please advise me as I am planning to keep Kia carens for another 5 to 6 years.
Old 6th March 2022, 10:56   #560
nvn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeeparch View Post
I am planning to buy Kia Carens Luxury plus Diesel AT and booked the same. I need some tips for maintaining a diesel car. Is it necessary to drive the car carefully (breaking in) for 1000 to 2000 km? Heard new generation cars do not require a break-in period. Please advise me as I am planning to keep Kia carens for another 5 to 6 years.
KIA CARENS manual suggests break in for 1000kms
Old 6th March 2022, 11:31   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeeparch View Post
The owner’s manual states the break-in precautions for the first 1000 kms with the car.
Here’s the screenshot-
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-381b0b9b9aa24c44aa87bd61d31ccc1a.jpeg  

neeraj08 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 00:27   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Hi, I too booked Diesel auto 7 seater Imperial Blue on 26th Feb with docket showing a waiting period of 22-23 weeks. When did you book yours?
We booked our 7 seater Luxury Plus, Diesel Auto Carens on the 13th of Feb with delivery promised by the 1st week of April. However, per my earlier post, we managed to get a 6 seater in the coming week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivasBaskaran View Post
I think, wireless AA/ACP is available from Prestige variant itself. I referred Kia Carens Official Boucher....
Ok, So I found this mighty odd, but wireless AA and ACP are available in the Prestige Plus Variant with the 8" screen but NOT on the Luxury Plus Variant. Have checked this several times with the dealer.
Old 7th March 2022, 05:18   #563
nvn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post

Ok, So I found this mighty odd, but wireless AA and ACP are available in the Prestige Plus Variant with the 8" screen but NOT on the Luxury Plus Variant. Have checked this several times with the dealer.
You are correct. Wireless AA/ACP is NOT available in top end. However, it's present in lower variants.
Old 7th March 2022, 08:25   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
In a dilemma whether to take or not.
I am sure there are others who are expecting delivery in May who will be happy to swap with you. Check with your KIA contact if he can help you out.
Old 7th March 2022, 10:26   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Wireless android auto and apple car play is there in luxury variant also. Refer to the snippet from brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-screenshot-20220307-10.22.24-am.png  

NivasBaskaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 10:44   #566
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Spent the weekend with the Kia Carens and absolutely loved it . I respect what Kia is doing with its product range and how they're putting so much thought into their cars. Am a fan of the Carnival, Sonet, Seltos (GNCAP aside) and now, the Carens.

Excellent ride quality (this is important to me) + space packaging + useable 3rd seat row + dashboard design + features + front styling. I love that funky face! I got the Diesel MT and found it practical as well as efficient. Power is adequate, but will be strictly okay with 7 people onboard. I foresee a lot of individual owners picking the Carens over the Innova Crysta. Reasons = as easy to drive as a Honda City or EcoSport (Innova requires more effort), cushy ride quality, smaller size makes it easier in the city, more fuel efficient and of course, significantly cheaper. Equally, I see a lot of people gravitating from the Ertiga / XL6 to the Carens because the Kia just feels so much better. Kia has smartly picked the sweet spot between the Ertiga / XL6 on the lower end and the big daddy Innova Crysta on the higher end. Something the Mahindra fellows could just never do with the very competent Marazzo. We saw this same kind of brilliance at the time of the Seltos' launch too. The marketing & product team @ Kia is full of geniuses. Am not kidding.

A top class product. Kia's hit it out of the park with the Carens. Hyundai should learn = they royally messed up the Alcazar's packaging where neither the 2nd row nor 3rd row are good. The Alcazar didn't impress me at all, while the Carens has left me . The Kia Carens is going to the top of my recommendations list. I sure hope it doesn't get another poor rating in the GNCAP though; IMHO, the company's reputation took a body blow after the Seltos' poor showing in the crash tests and the entire company was shaken up. Kia won't make the same mistake again. But never know for sure until the actual GNCAP rating is out.

Unfortunately, like many other Hyundai-Kias I've driven in the last 4 years, this one too had a niggle / problem. The RHS driver speaker would intermittently cut off. I live on music and the constant up / down in volume was annoying on the highway drive. Hyundai-Kia really need to sort these production issues out.

Kia Carens Review-20220306-11.14.29.jpg

Kia Carens Review-20220306-11.15.11.jpg

Kia Carens Review-20220306-11.15.29.jpg

Then went straight to BKC for a sumptuous Sunday lunch:
Kia Carens Review-20220306-12.37.39.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 7th March 2022 at 11:33.
GTO is offline   (148) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 10:57   #567
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
I am sure there are others who are expecting delivery in May who will be happy to swap with you. Check with your KIA contact if he can help you out.
I was surprised about the same during the initial days of the launch, see my below post on the same.
Even the sales rep got confused when I asked this question.
Later, he came came back and said that the Kia Connect and Wireless Auto cannot co-exist. Some limitation in the hardware or software systems. This is same even in Hyundai (Bluelink).

Or, it is purposefully done like that as the Bluelink (and I assume Kia connect) are free only for initial few years and then we need to pay for annual subscription. If the wireless AA or ACP are supported, people won't feel compelled to buy subscription.

Either way, this is a big disadvantage for people going for higher end.

Quote:
There is some confusion going on w.r.t the wireless Android Auto/Carplay.
Looks like there was a goof-up done by Kia.

In the initial versions of Carens brochure, it was mentioned that the Wireless AA and Carplay are supported on all trims from Prestige onwards.
Attachment 2268462
Even the hard copy of the brochure handed over to me in the showroom few weeks has same info.

But, if we download the latest brochure, the Wireless feature has been removed for Luxury, retaining it only for Prestige
Attachment 2268463

I've attached both versions of the brochures here.
Attachment 2268457
Attachment 2268458

Even in few Seltos TBHP threads, it is mentioned that the feature is supported only in 8" units of Seltos as well!
Link (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

This seems to be the story with all Kia and Hyundai cars supporting wireless AA/Carplay.

So, we can assume that wireless feature is not supported in Luxury, atleast for now.
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 10:58   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I foresee a lot of people gravitating from the Ertiga to the Carens because it just feels so much better.
Well said. I am upgrading from my 2012 Ertiga to Carens. Probably this is the only option which feels like a real upgrade coming from a 7-seater, carries forward the VFM quotient, offers so many features, and priced below 20L.
Knightrider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:25   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I see a lot of individual owners picking the Carens over the Innova.
Bang on! Cancelled my Ertiga Zxi AT booking from Oct '21, and booked the Prestige Plus 7DCT Carens on Jan 31.

Bangalore price difference is about 5L OTR but safety, performance, features are all hugely different and Karens is years ahead. Innova feels too big, and substantially more expensive for the AT.

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th March 2022 at 21:56. Reason: Blr —> Bangalore. diff —> difference.
prasannak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 13:24   #570
nvn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivasBaskaran View Post
Wireless android auto and apple car play is there in luxury variant also. Refer to the snippet from brochure.
When I checked with the dealer they confirmed that wireless is not available in Luxury variant. Also, from KIA website when we compare specs it shows "wireless phone projection" not being available on Luxury/+
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-screenshot-20220307-1.18.01-pm.png  

nvn is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed