Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 22:44   #706
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Any Diesel AT’s got delivered anywhere in India till now? Anyone heard anything? I booked D AT 7S on 26th Feb and no updates yet from the dealer as to when Kia is likely to allot the vehicle. This wait is excruciating!!
I have also booked D AT on Feb 17, no news yet. However just close your eyes and imagine ur car being manufactured right now.

You are going to get the delivery in April for the March manufactured vehicle. How cool is that? Just one more month.

BTW, a friend of mine booked dct petrol manual prestige around March first week and his car is already allocated to his name. He would be getting delivery anytime now.

Manuals are fast for sure.
Old 21st March 2022, 23:34   #707
nvn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Anyone who had booked Carens "Automatic" on 15th Feb after price reveal in Bangalore and got the delivery or about to get?

In first week of march my dealer told that I should get the car within March but now they say not before mid April. Their reason being Automatics are not being supplied by Kia.

Regarding price increase, dealer told that it can happen only after 3 months from the day of launch (price reveal).
According to JSP Marathalli, Bangalore, they have not delivered a single diesel AT till now it seems. Due to lack of parts for manufacturing etc.. is the reason given. He consistently has been sticking to ~20 weeks of wait time.
Old 22nd March 2022, 02:18   #708

I have booked mine at NCS KIA Kollam on Feb 17. Still awaiting update from the SA. The SA had promised 2 months for delivery but when the docket arrived it was 21 to 22 weeks for the prestige plus diesel MT variant.

Gave him a call yesterday morning to enquire on the booking for which he confirmed the car will be delivered on time. He also let me in on some info confirming they have 5 cars in stock all of them are Luxury plus variants, 2 petrol MT and 3 diesel MT.
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:04   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Any Diesel AT’s got delivered anywhere in India till now? Anyone heard anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
I have also booked D AT on Feb 17, no news yet..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvn View Post
According to JSP Marathalli, Bangalore, they have not delivered a single diesel AT till now it seems..
I had booked my Luxury Plus Diesel AT on 13th Feb and got our car delivered on Sunday, 14th March. We could actually have got it a few days earlier but were caught up in a personal emergency and had to get it delayed to Sunday. On the booking docket our waiting period was mentioned as 13-14 weeks but our dealer managed it within 4 weeks!

I am in process if writing my initial ownership review which should be online here later today.

Last edited by PGNarain : 22nd March 2022 at 11:05.
PGNarain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:19   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
I had booked my Luxury Plus Diesel AT on 13th Feb and got our car delivered on Sunday, 14th March. We could actually have got it a few days earlier but were caught up in a personal emergency and had to get it delayed to Sunday. On the booking docket our waiting period was mentioned as 13-14 weeks but our dealer managed it within 4 weeks!

I am in process if writing my initial ownership review which should be online here later today.
Congrats on your new car @PGNarain! Waiting for the initial review from your side. If you don't mind would it be possible to share the cost breakup as it will help a lot of us in a particular area (I am based out of Pune) to negotiate with the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
achintatri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:21   #711
BHPian

Got call from Kia executive today and told "Someone who booked 1.5NA petrol cancelled and if you are interested you can take that. But you have booked Grey colour, this one is Silver. If that's okay you can take".

I was like, sure, I will take and he is asking for Payment today.. I told, will have to do PDI..

He told, you make the payment and confirm. Then will do PDI and then will proceed further. May after loan processing, might get delivery next week.

So, I m getting Silver 1.5NA soon ��
NivasBaskaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:57   #712
BHPian

Quote:

BTW, I had booked D AT Imperial Blue on Feb 17th, No word yet. However considering that the bookings went in an exponential manner, difference of 4 days between 13th and 17th might have created a big backlog for KIA and my docket waiting period mentions 20-21 weeks as opposed to 13-14 weeks as mentioned by @PGNarain.

I was offered Gray, Red, Black colors in D AT few weeks back but considering I am not flexible on the color choice, I don't mind waiting.

I am however expecting the delivery to happen in early April. I know now that whenever I see a call from my SA on my phone, it would be the time :-)

Eagerly waiting for some reviews on D AT from the Horse's mouth :-)
achintatri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:36   #713
BHPian

One quick query where is curtain airbag placed in car, as I saw one video where for external car seat cover special design will be required was mentioned by accessory shop owner. I was with impression that it is placed in B pillar and one can easily fit car cover on seats without impacting any other functionality.

(check after 4.10 minutes for seat comments)
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:45   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
One quick query where is curtain airbag placed in car, as I saw one video where for external car seat cover special design will be required was mentioned by accessory shop owner. I was with impression that it is placed in B pillar and one can easily fit car cover on seats without impacting any other functionality.
The side airbags for Carens are placed in the front seat back-rests. Hence it is advised not to install any more seat covers.
Same is the case with Renault Triber RXZ (top-end) variant. You may check many videos showing it for Triber on YouTube.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:10   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
I was with impression that it is placed in B pillar and one can easily fit car cover on seats without impacting any other functionality.
I will be getting new seat covers installed. Hate grey/black interior. Beige seat covers will be installed taking care of airbags.

Kia Carens Review-screenshot_20220322130817.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:36   #716
BHPian

Got a message from dealer (PPS Kia, Mysore road) today that 3 cars are readily available!!

Since all are 1.4 MT (white and black colors) and I'm only interested in AT, I've indicated the same in reply.

But, there seems to be some stratergy gone wrong or there is some issue with AT car manufacturing. Car deliveries are certainly not in the order of bookings.
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:52   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations @PGNarain! I had also booked an imperial blue diesel AT 7 seater from Kia Nerul on 5th March. Going by your experience, I can now hope to get my car much earlier than 20-21 weeks

Last edited by mahesh_sn : 22nd March 2022 at 13:52. Reason: spelling
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 14:38   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
Got a message from dealer (PPS Kia, Mysore road) today that 3 cars are readily available!!

Since all are 1.4 MT (white and black colors) and I'm only interested in AT, I've indicated the same in reply.

But, there seems to be some stratergy gone wrong or there is some issue with AT car manufacturing. Car deliveries are certainly not in the order of bookings.
Looks like Kia is delivering cars where they have maximum profit - Top trims with manual transmission.
To price the car competitive they have made Automatics just 80k more which might bring is lesser earnings.
Even my dealer says that Top end Manuals are available with them if someone wants to switch.
Old 22nd March 2022, 15:36   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Looks like Kia is delivering cars where they have maximum profit - Top trims with manual transmission.
To price the car competitive they have made Automatics just 80k more which might bring is lesser earnings.
Even my dealer says that Top end Manuals are available with them if someone wants to switch.
Looks like the thumb rule says that automatics would need more chips/electronic circuitry and that is why the delay due to chip procurement. Looking at the trend in this forum, we should expect more and more deliveries including automatics in this forum in the coming days.

BTW, A friend of mine is going to get the Manual Prestige NA Gray soon. I will ask him to share the initial review of the same. Right now he is negotiating for warranty and (Not getting) 'mandatory' accessories :-)
Old 22nd March 2022, 17:13   #720
nvn
BHPian

Quote:

Awesome & Congrats. Many happy miles ahead for you!!!

BTW, which place/showroom did you book? Also, is this because of any cancellation from early booking?
nvn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks