Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2022, 23:04   #991
One
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Just today I got booking of an XUV700, a friend was looking to cancel his booking as he got a foreign opportunity.
Do you have more such friends, mine are totally useless
One is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 01:22   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. Just today I got booking of an XUV700, a friend was looking to cancel his booking as he got a foreign opportunity. He asked me so I checked the vehicle.
Is Mahindra allowing such kind of transfer from a friend or relative? I checked the same in Hyundai and they straight away refused. They said the car will be allocated only in the name of the person who has booked or an immediate family member. No other person is allowed without booking.

Not sure if there is some company policy which defines this. But if it works then its good for friends and relatives but not good as people will start abusing this by charging money to who ever is ready to pay.
Old 11th May 2022, 08:30   #993
BHPian

It's non transferable. Buying it on friends name. He's like our family, was no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Is Mahindra allowing such kind of transfer from a friend or relative? I checked the same in Hyundai and they straight away refused. They said the car will be allocated only in the name of the person who has booked or an immediate family member. No other person is allowed without booking.

Not sure if there is some company policy which defines this. But if it works then its good for friends and relatives but not good as people will start abusing this by charging money to who ever is ready to pay.
niteshsharmab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 21:59   #994
BHPian

I had a weekend to spare, So i walked into KUN KIA Ambattur to take a look at the Carens and boy I was surprised to see so many people in the showroom. All looking and checking out the Carens. Despite, the crowd I was immediately greeted by an SA. The SA was enthusiastic, Knowledgeable and was actually pushing me take the test drive first. They had test drive vehicles in all the avatars (D-M, S-AT, Petrol - M, Petrol - AT). The imperial blue looks good in person. A few observations that I had after the TD of the diesel manual are,
1. DCT - is very drivable in the city, you will definitely need a downshift if you have to do quick overtaking's within the city. Though it drives like a car, it is an MPV in its dimensions, you will definitely be reminded of its dimensions when you try to find a parkin spot within the city. On a highway, the auto box is relaxed and sports mode doesn't help either. Its best not to push this engine on the highway. The fuel efficiency drops considerably.
2. Passenger comfort - I had taken my family with me, everyone were comfortable in the third row of seats. They even rated the usability of the 3rd row above that of the Innova crysta. All seats have a dedicated charging slot (All USB C types, except for one A type in the front).
3. Price Hike - The SA informed me about another price hike coming soon in a month or so, I initially thought it was a marketing pitch but now looking at so many posts here, I do believe there could be another price hike very soon.

But, I have to mention the day I was doing the TD, the showroom dispatched 13 new cars (Delivery). Out of which, 9 were carens.
Old 16th May 2022, 17:21   #995

Hello all. I have been following this thread ever since the price reveal on 14th Feb and recently got accepted as a member on Team-bhp. Will likely get delivery of 1.5 Petrol Prestige by this month-end (had booked on 14th Feb.).

The 1.5 Prestige Petrol comes equipped with 195/65/15 stock tyres, while 1.5 Prestige Diesel/1.4 Turbo Petrol have got 205/65/16 tyres. Usually bigger tyres mean lesser profile. However in case of Carens the profile remains 65, while the width and size are increased from 195/15 to 205/16, resulting in an on-paper difference of 19 mm in GC. I just wanted your inputs on whether upgrading 195/65/15 tyres to 205/65/16 is advisable considering massive difference in GC and the fact that Kia itself is using both these tyres. I am not interested in alloys but would really like to upgrade to bigger Michelin Primacy tyres for handling, lesser noise, stance and GC, but am concerned about any possible problems in suspension setup or anything else considering the deviation involved.

As the car is expected within next 10-15 days, please advise and help me make the right decision. Many thanks.
Old 17th May 2022, 08:39   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman2022 View Post
Also, been noticing for a few days that after driving for a few seconds, there are 3 small quick chimes from the middle row. Chimes every 5-10 mins or so. All the doors are locked, and couldn't find anything in the manual showing this behavior. No warnings on dashboard display.
Re-quoting myself in case someone knows about this ?
Also, is there a way to decrease the clackity-ness (?) of Carens' horn ? Very annoying. My 15 years old Santro has much better horn press/feel.
Old 17th May 2022, 15:22   #997
BHPian

Quote:
I'm driving Carens from 2-3 days and havn't come across such sound.
Since you mention that the sound is from middle row, do check out the air purifier if there is any issue/action.
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 15:29   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Never heard similar in mine.
Is it from Air Filter if equipped ?
Old 17th May 2022, 18:04   #999

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
I'm driving Carens from 2-3 days and havn't come across such sound.
Since you mention that the sound is from middle row, do check out the air purifier if there is any issue/action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Never heard similar in mine.
Is it from Air Filter if equipped ?
Thanks ! That's the first thing I did. Everything seems to be in order, but will check again.
Old 20th May 2022, 17:53   #1000
BHPian

Today I have received the allottment mail. The finance people from capital kia called me and they are asking me to get the SBI loan through them.

I have already talked to my Bank Manager and he has asked me just one day to process the loan amount. Can anyone kindly enlighten me the difference or advantages of both the loan process.

Is it advisable to go through KIA people. Kindly advice. Thank you in advance.
Old 22nd May 2022, 15:13   #1001

Hi All,
How are things going? Hope the AC issue being discussed earlier (third-row condensation etc) is fixed for all. Any further feedback regarding performance, mileage of Turbo petrol, viz. a viz. diesel variants. I am still waiting for Prestige Turbo Petrol's manual delivery. Still not fully sure about my choice of Turbo petrol vs diesel.
Old 24th May 2022, 23:10   #1002
BHPian

Is there a possibility of another price hike happening for the Carens any time soon? I popped this question to my SA and he seemed extremely non committal. When I threatened to cancel my booking he was quite calm and informed me that the entire money will be refunded if I planned to do so.
Anyone else has any information on this, please enlighten.
Old 25th May 2022, 20:36   #1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Is there a possibility of another price hike happening for the Carens any time soon?.
No confirmed news, but my SA also gave a similar response. My view is this is a seller market so any price hike cannot be ruled out. It is true for all OEMs
reskaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 21:52   #1004
BHPian

Did any one get their headlight upgraded to non-LED ones? Seems not much options in market for H19 halogen lights.
Old 26th May 2022, 00:26   #1005
BHPian

Came across following issue(via telegram channel) which people have been running around and getting it fixed via workaround - roof condensation.

Pictures and Video are from Calicut, Kerela.
1 month old car and was driven back 1 hour after getting the roof condensation issue looked at.
The whole interior is wet and dripping moisture.

Folks will be visiting the service centre tomm to get it checked.

Let's just hope this gets sorted.

Kia Carens Review-img_20220526_002037_811.jpg

Kia Carens Review-img_20220526_002033_145.jpg

Kia Carens Review-img_20220526_002031_203.jpg

Kia Carens Review-img_20220526_002027_509.jpg

Here is the video for the same -

Last edited by ptaneja : 26th May 2022 at 00:42.

Most Viewed