Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 01:01   #1006
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Came across following issue(via telegram channel) which people have been running around and getting it fixed via workaround - roof condensation.

Pictures and Video are from Calicut, Kerela.
Adding another video - have a look at external condensation of water. It beats me what on earth the technicians have done to cause this. Choked and blocked rear vents , is it ?

Old 26th May 2022, 02:00   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Adding another video - have a look at external condensation of water. It beats me what on earth the technicians have done to cause this. Choked and blocked rear vents , is it ?
Seeing the videos, it seems to be a pretty simple case of condensation / dew collecting on the cold surfaces within the car and on the windows. I am fairly sure that if the people in the video de-mist their car or drive around a bit and air their car for some time the condensation will disappear or at least reduce.

Something similar happens on windscreens which fog up in winters or during the rainy season, when the outside air is cooler and / or damper than the warmer drier air in the car.
Old 26th May 2022, 07:29   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
I am fairly sure that if the people in the video de-mist their car or drive around a bit and air their car for some time the condensation will disappear or at least reduce.
It's not about how to get rid of the condensation - it's about why did it even form ?
I have not seen any car with all wet interiors just because they have used AC for an hour in hot and humid weather.
That too after they have been to service centre to get their roof insulation fixed. Coincidence is it ?!
Old 26th May 2022, 09:50   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbaras View Post
Today I have received the allottment mail. The finance people from capital kia called me and they are asking me to get the SBI loan through them.
There should not be any difference if you get loan from your branch or from showroom finance. Both would be SBI and if you get from showroom folks, the process will be seamless compared to mediating between showroom and your branch. I would suggest to go with the showroom folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Seeing the videos, it seems to be a pretty simple case of condensation / dew collecting on the cold surfaces within the car and on the windows. I am fairly sure that if the people in the video de-mist their car or drive around a bit and air their car for some time the condensation will disappear or at least reduce.
Seeing the video, it doesnt look like simple case of condensation on windows. Whole interiors is fill with water including B and C pillars on exterior. Must be a botched up job from the dealer.
rajeevyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 13:22   #1010
BHPian

Thank you for your response. I have a good relationship with my bank manager(SBI). I already have a housing loan with the same branch.

I feel the advantage of going directly to the bank is, In case of foreclosure, the process and getting the documents from the Bank will be easy. This is purely my point of view considering my previous loan experience. Moreover while dealing with the manager directly, we will be able to discuss the repayment tenure, interest based on our CIBIL score etc.,
Old 30th May 2022, 11:52   #1011
BHPian

Can a custom removable roof luggagle rack be installed on the Kia Carens? Any references on how to do it or if anybody has done it?
Old 30th May 2022, 13:05   #1012

Hello Everyone,

My membership just recently got approved and this is my first post.
I love cars and also love to travel.
I am an active reader of team-bhp threads and now decided to take the plunge and share my experiences also.

I was following this thread since starting, and really liked all the positive and not so positive things about KIA carens.

I have booked 1.4 DCT Luxury Plus 7 seater version on 2nd Feb 2022 @Lohia Kia Noida, and still waiting for delivery. My waiting period of 12-13 weeks is already over. Showroom people and SA don't have much idea, they have single reason that due to semiconductor issues, automatic variant production is slow.

I am now so fed up, that even had a change of mind by cancelling carens and booking Safari, but stopped by my better half

Will wait another 2-3 weeks and then will decide. Anybody still waiting for their car and booked in month of Jan/early feb ?
Old 30th May 2022, 13:29   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jain1982 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am an active reader of team-bhp threads and now decided to take the plunge and share my experiences also.

I was following this thread since starting, and really liked all the positive and not so positive things about KIA carens.

I have booked 1.4 DCT Luxury Plus 7 seater version on 2nd Feb 2022 @Lohia Kia Noida, and still waiting for delivery. My waiting period of 12-13 weeks is already over. Showroom people and SA don't have much idea, they have single reason that due to semiconductor issues, automatic variant production is slow.

I am now so fed up, that even had a change of mind by cancelling carens and booking Safari, but stopped by my better half

Will wait another 2-3 weeks and then will decide. Anybody still waiting for their car and booked in month of Jan/early feb ?
I was in a similar dilemma and checked the Kaziranga edition and went ahead with Safari and enjoying for past 1 months. But both are different segments and i had to shell 5L more for Safari and feel its worth it. Please chose the car that fits your needs and also fulfil your desire 100%
msk_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 14:23   #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
I was in a similar dilemma and checked the Kaziranga edition and went ahead with Safari and enjoying for past 1 months. But both are different segments and i had to shell 5L more for Safari and feel its worth it. Please chose the car that fits your needs and also fulfil your desire 100%
Yes, 5L more seems too much. Since my must include requirement is automatic transmission + ventilated seats, and that comes in top variant only.

But yes, that's different segment. I am huge fan of Safari & harrier that comes with great build quality.
Old 31st May 2022, 08:50   #1015

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Yes, I'm in the same situation too. I had booked the same model around the same time and I am still waiting for delivery. I was given the same reason too - automatic variants are having issues due to semiconductor shortage. SA told me that waiting could be for another 8 weeks or so. Since I am not in a hurry, I have decided to wait for now.
pspdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 10:30   #1016
BHPian

Quote:

I am also in the same boat as you are. Have booked same variant but in Feb last week. Although the expected delivery date for me is still 1.5-2 months away, I am in no hurry and don't mind waiting since I will get a chance to have a look at Scorpio-N
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 11:07   #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspdriver View Post
Yes, I'm in the same situation too. I had booked the same model around the same time and I am still waiting for delivery. I was given the same reason too - automatic variants are having issues due to semiconductor shortage. SA told me that waiting could be for another 8 weeks or so. Since I am not in a hurry, I have decided to wait for now.
8 weeks is too much time, after waiting period is over. Mine is also 4 weeks over and still no idea if it will be delivered in June or not. SA is saying that 5th June they will get the dispatch information about June slots.
Old 31st May 2022, 11:53   #1018

Quote:
8 weeks is too much time, after waiting period is over. Mine is also 4 weeks over and still no idea if it will be delivered in June or not. SA is saying that 5th June they will get the dispatch information about June slots.
Yes, I got similar info from my SA as well. He said it could be June or July, they will get to know only after monthly dispatch information is available at beginning of respective month.
Old 31st May 2022, 12:50   #1019

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I would suggest also booking at a tier 2 city since automatics are a bigger rage in tier 1 vs 2 cities.

I got a Diesel MT LP from Lucknow for different reasons (corporate booking etc), but I did see a LOT of DCT Carens in their yard (Nivan Balaji, Lucknow). Skydac also had a couple of DCTs with them, in fact ready to be delivered. This was around mid April.
fatman2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 20:10   #1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman2022 View Post
Thanks ! That's the first thing I did. Everything seems to be in order, but will check again.
Quoting myself since this issue still persists.

I went through the whole Carens manual, but did not find any details on air purifier. It is mentioned in the entire manual a total of 1 time. There is nothing on operation or error beeps etc.

Checked with the SC too, and they are clueless. They promised to "get back".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks