Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2022, 09:57   #1111
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

i booked carens 1.5 diesel Automatic luxury plus,7 seater, imperial blue on Feb 12 at epitome Kia, whitefield bangalore and still waiting for the car.

I wanted to know more on the AC condensation issue on roof.
Does anyone who faced this issue has resolved it ?
Is it a common issue across all the cars?

Last edited by AshiqueS : 2nd July 2022 at 10:11.
Old 2nd July 2022, 10:24   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post

I wanted to know more on the AC condensation issue on roof.
Does anyone who faced this issue has resolved it ?
Is it a common issue across all the cars?
June Manufactured cars have still reported the issue. So the workaround/fix have not been implemented yet at the production line.

But on the other hand, it's not a deal breaker per se. I got mine done at the end of April, have not faced any cooled roof or condensation. But yea, they should make changes in production line so that people don't have to rip open roof liner on new cars.

Details on how they fix is here in my thread - post #31 -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 20:48   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by technojazz View Post
Many thanks for putting it all together.

Though I have come across many articles suggesting the fuel efficiency does not depend on regular / premium fuel. I was just wondering if you happen to see these figures are for regular / premium fuel?
I have briefly filled just couple of times from shell and found the FE to be around 1kmpl more. But I can’t conclude with that small sample. Generally the turbo petrols love premium grade fuel and you can feel it. However the price difference mayn’t justify atleast in city conditions. What I have observed that it behaves better with bharat petroleum compared to iocl and hp.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 15:38   #1114
BHPian

Farewell from this thread

Hello friends,

My pursuit for Carens ends here, After a long waiting period (3.5 Months) finally I've decided to go for Creta over Carens because of the indefinite waiting period and the recent GNCAP 3 star rating. Honestly speaking, mine was an impulsive booking by seeing the mouthwatering price and the feature filled package. Once the prices are hiked by more than 1 lakh and crash test scores were declared, I was leaning towards Creta which is also on 3 stars but has got a proven track record and road presence. Before the cancellation, I spoke to my SA that I can't wait anymore but he was clueless about the current status. One thing I must acknowledge that is the quick refund, they have transferred the money within 3 days of my cancellation request

Am yet to receive the Ertiga booking amount which was promised within 7 working days.

Took a TD last Wednesday with my family, all are happy with the ride quality and agreed to compromise with a 5 seater. Even though both are sharing the same mill but for me both behave differently and I fell in love with its silky smooth drive instantly. They had few ready stocks lying in the yard, choose the Mulberry Red EX, Yes of course they had Black and White available but being with a black car, I choose something different. Made the payment on the very next day, registration process was too slow, took 3 days to allot the number. Other formalities are over but am yet to get the stock alloys and the underbody coating by 3M, possibly I might get the delivery by tomorrow. Creta is pricey compared to Carens but it’s worth to pay the premium for the most respected plus wanted car in India.

I'm going to formally say goodbye to all of you as I probably won't be active in this thread. Thanks to everyone for their valuable inputs and queries which made us more informed about the pros and cons of Carens in detail. Hoping to see some of you in the Creta thread very soon.
sajjt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 11:00   #1115
BHPian

Hello guys ,

This is on behalf of my friend who has recently brought a Kia carens turbo petrol manual. He has faced a weird issue of car stalling at inclines while coming out of a mall parking. He could barely manage the car out with lot of judders and stalling. He was driving with his family and he is now worried that this could be a big problem in hills . Has anyone faced this problem or its something specific to his particular vehicle?
Old 10th July 2022, 11:27   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
Hello guys ,

This is on behalf of my friend who has recently brought a Kia carens turbo petrol manual. He has faced a weird issue of car stalling at inclines while coming out of a mall parking. He could barely manage the car out with lot of judders and stalling. He was driving with his family and he is now worried that this could be a big problem in hills . Has anyone faced this problem or its something specific to his particular vehicle?
This issue is present in all the turbo manual Carens due to the lag at lower rpms. It is extensively discussed in social media groups. The ones moving from NA engine to Turbo engine are experiencing this more. Some owners have raised the concern with Kia and they have been told that Kia is looking into it. Others have now learnt to deal with it.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 12:49   #1117

Quote:
Hello guys ,

This issue is one of the major disappointments with the car, which otherwise is such a VFM machine. Migrating from a turbo-diesel, I had similar expectations from this petrol engine. Unfortunately, you will sorely miss the sweet turbo whistle and the adrenaline rush. Adding insult to injury is the poor lag while you start from a standstill. The problem multiplies if you are on an incline. I reported the issue to Kia and the testing team was kind of laughing at me. They first said, there is no issue. Then the test driver faltered and blamed the mat. Finally, they disappeared without providing any recourse.

Lately, I have learnt to live with the issue. While you release the clutch slowly, wait for the car to reach a speed of 7 kmph @ 800 RPM and depressing the accelerator works well. The engine won't lug and the car won't struggle. If are unable to handle the issue, you become an object of mockery at red lights and on inclines.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th July 2022 at 18:34. Reason: Edited for better readability
HZB_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 13:51   #1118
BHPian

Yes, I had faced the same issue a couple of times on inclines. Since then, I always keep the AC off when climbing ramps, and use the 1st gear with sufficiently high revs. Guess, it's just the nature of this turbo petrol.
heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 20:15   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post
Yes, I had faced the same issue a couple of times on inclines. Since then, I always keep the AC off when climbing ramps, and use the 1st gear with sufficiently high revs. Guess, it's just the nature of this turbo petrol.
Exactly what I am doing - anything above 1200 works well. And it's more pronounced and frustrating when I am coming from diesel engine, and the same inclines were doable in Ciaz even in 2nd gear and minimum throttle input.

And probably this is the reason for poor fuel efficiency in city - lower gears + high RPM = more fuel wastage.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 21:08   #1120
BHPian

Thanks all for the valuable information. This is actually a concern with such modern petrol engines. I have forwarded the inputs to my friend. He has to live with this now and move on.
Old 10th July 2022, 21:22   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for the valuable information. This is actually a concern with such modern petrol engines. I have forwarded the inputs to my friend. He has to live with this now and move on.
Also, as per an update given by a common friend of mine on his ticket opened up with Kia -

"Team has tried two fixes for same in my car but improvement was just 20%. Kia team is again supposed to try next fix soon on my car. Will update here. However as per my discussion with Factory team, fix is going to be a combination of software and some part update and once finalized it will be tested and certified by ARAI and then it will be applied to all turbo 1.4 cars."
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 17:39   #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Also, as per an update given by a common friend of mine on his ticket opened up with Kia -

"Team has tried two fixes for same in my car but improvement was just 20%. Kia team is again supposed to try next fix soon on my car. Will update here. However as per my discussion with Factory team, fix is going to be a combination of software and some part update and once finalized it will be tested and certified by ARAI and then it will be applied to all turbo 1.4 cars."
Will it be applicable for AT variants also ?
Old 11th July 2022, 18:12   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jain1982 View Post
Will it be applicable for AT variants also ?
The one I am talking about has manual gearbox.
DCT is sluggish in lower gears too ? I was in an impression that the DCT compensates by increasing the RPM and it would not feel.

What is more amazing is that NONE of the popular publications - be it print or web, none of known major youtubers have uttered a single word on the so called "roof condensation issue" and "initial turbo lag/lower gear sluggishness in inclines".
Old 11th July 2022, 18:25   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
The one I am talking about has manual gearbox.
DCT is sluggish in lower gears too ? I was in an impression that the DCT compensates by increasing the RPM and it would not feel.

What is more amazing is that NONE of the popular publications - be it print or web, none of known major Youtubers have uttered a single word on the so called "roof condensation issue" and "initial turbo lag/lower gear sluggishness in inclines".
DCT is definitely sluggigh in lower gears, particularly in eco mode. This I am talking on normal plain surface. Did not tested on inclines in ECO Mode.

However, Normal and sport mode is OK, as I tested in my housing society basement parking incline to move ahead from standstill and it responded very well at least on Sport mode.
Old 22nd July 2022, 05:07   #1125

Folks , pls guide that whether I can go for tyre upgradation in prestige model from 15 inch to 16inches and whether it will hamper the warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks