Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2022, 13:33   #1126
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_khurana View Post
Folks , pls guide that whether I can go for tyre upgradation in prestige model from 15 inch to 16inches and whether it will hamper the warranty.
Hi,

I got my Carens last month only. I chose keep the OEM size but went for Yokoham BlueEarth GT2 E51. I'm happy with the tyres. Very comfortable and silent.

Do not go for Earth 1, it is a very budget tyre. Spoke to Sr. customer care manager, he himself suggested so. Most of the dealers will push for Earth 1 because it is easily available in stock.

If you are looking for comfort oriented tyres purely, then Yoko or Continental UC6.
sidharthg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 00:01   #1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
Hi,

I got my Carens last month only. I chose keep the OEM size but went for Yokoham BlueEarth GT2 E51. I'm happy with the tyres. Very comfortable and silent.
Thanks Dear ! I want to upgrade the Size as Want to make it look bigger and better. I also enquired from the dealer and dealer denied that they don’t have tyres. Though they are ready to give alloys. I have to search for authentic shop outside who can give good price of existing tyres.
Old 26th July 2022, 12:08   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dear ! I want to upgrade the Size as Want to make it look bigger and better. I also enquired from the dealer and dealer denied that they don’t have tyres. Though they are ready to give alloys. I have to search for authentic shop outside who can give good price of existing tyres.
Make sure it doesn't void your warranty. Since, dealers and manufacturers need an excuse to void warranty on some pretex or the other.

You can opt for 17", 225/55/17. it'll have 0.95% difference in circumference, so it should be ok.
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 18:56   #1129
BHPian

For those wondering how good/bad the brakes on the Carens are, I had a heart in mouth moment yesterday. I have linked the dashcam footage below.

Apologies for the poor quality. I have to get a better one ASAP.

furyrider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 00:20   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
For those wondering how good/bad the brakes on the Carens are, I had a heart in mouth moment yesterday. I have linked the dashcam footage below.

Apologies for the poor quality. I have to get a better one ASAP.

https://Youtu.be/fjBBt5umvbQ
The braking looks fine to me, or am I missing something?
Old 30th July 2022, 11:41   #1131
BHPian

Was planning to book Scorpio N today, missed the initial 25k booking , lack of boot space, missing 3rd row split seats and cramped space in the 3rd row and inability to move the 2nd row forward, led me to change my mind. So will stick with Carens for now .My Carens dealer called me and said that the waiting list now has moved up. Its now at 99. A month ago when i booked it was at 126. So either they are delivering more vehicles are folks are cancelling bookings. Expect Scorpio N launch will also lead to further cancellations and may reduce the waiting list. Hoping they can deliver the vehicle this year itself as this 1 year waiting period seems to be too long.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st July 2022 at 04:57. Reason: Typo
Old 31st July 2022, 01:12   #1132
BHPian

I read in some online news articles that KIA is providing only one smart key with it's cars now.

Has anyone heard or experienced this recently?
Old 31st July 2022, 09:24   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavguha View Post
I read in some online news articles that KIA is providing only one smart key with it's cars now.

Has anyone heard or experienced this recently?
True.
2 keys in model which are not having push button start.
1 key in models which are having push button.
Because there is an additional chip required for push button key model for proximity of key. Tentative delivery for second key is October I think.

PS - every manufacturer is opting for something to ease down with chip shortage. Read that MG has launched a new model of Astor without Hill Hold/Downhill Assist etc ..
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 09:32   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
True.
2 keys in model which are not having push button start.
1 key in models which are having push button.
Because there is an additional chip required for push button key model for proximity of key. Tentative delivery for second key is October I think.

PS - every manufacturer is opting for something to ease down with chip shortage. Read that MG has launched a new model of Astor without Hill Hold/Downhill Assist etc ..
Thank you for information!

Unfortunately if this happens when i get my Carens, i will have to ask for the second key, or pass on the vehicle to the next person in line untill vehicles with two keys arrive.

This is because the parking of my building is codependent, one key is always with the security guard so that the other car owner can move my car when i am not available.

Don't know much about other places/cities but these types of parking spaces are very common where i live.
Old 31st July 2022, 11:37   #1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavguha View Post
Thank you for information!

Unfortunately if this happens when i get my Carens, i will have to ask for the second key, or pass on the vehicle to the next person in line untill vehicles with two keys arrive.

This is because the parking of my building is codependent, one key is always with the security guard so that the other car owner can move my car when i am not available.

Don't know much about other places/cities but these types of parking spaces are very common where i live.
In your case, I think you can use the physical key, which comes inside the smart key, as a second key until KIA gives you the second smart key.
Semiconductorsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:03   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semiconductorsh View Post
In your case, I think you can use the physical key, which comes inside the smart key, as a second key until KIA gives you the second smart key.
I could but in case of smart keys will the vehicle start with just the physical key, without the smart key? To the best of my knowledge it won't. (Please do correct me if i am wrong.)

In case of flip keys, the second key even if it is without the remote, will still be able to start the car.

I know my case is unique and there is not much i can do here other than wait!
Old 1st August 2022, 21:27   #1137

I own a Kia Carens Prestige 1.5 Petrol with 15inches tyre. What i am experiencing is that comfort at front seats are more . Jerks and feeling of Thud and potholes are minimum . But when we shift to second row then we can feel the potholes / Thud . Why is it so ? Whether this big car is designed to be more comfortable when more persons are there ? I have a driver so experienced this when i am sitting alone behind the driver . Any thing which can be done apart from the tyre upgradation.
Old 1st August 2022, 23:38   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
I own a Kia Carens Prestige 1.5 Petrol with 15inches tyre. What i am experiencing is that comfort at front seats are more . Jerks and feeling of Thud and potholes are minimum . But when we shift to second row then we can feel the potholes / Thud . Why is it so ? Whether this big car is designed to be more comfortable when more persons are there ? I have a driver so experienced this when i am sitting alone behind the driver . Any thing which can be done apart from the tyre upgradation.
I own the same model. I witness more bounce at the 2nd and 3rd row. What improves things is reducing the tyre pressure to 30. Try that. I didn't see any noticeable difference in mileage with this reduction either. So definitely worth trying.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 03:14   #1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I own the same model. I witness more bounce at the 2nd and 3rd row. What improves things is reducing the tyre pressure to 30. Try that. I didn't see any noticeable difference in mileage with this reduction either. So definitely worth trying.
Okay Thanks ! I will definitely try this . Someone on My FB post has also recommended this same thing.
Old 2nd August 2022, 14:31   #1140

Re: Kia Carens: issues / problems I came across during Pre-Delivery Inspection [PDI]

Quote:
Originally Posted by technojazz View Post
Ahh, Ok. It was always the rear left side door that had the problem rather than the last door closed in my case. Rest of the doors closed properly without any issue (with other doors and all the windows closed).
I have similar problem. It’s always the rear left door. It takes an extra effort to close it All other doors shut fine.

Have you found any solution to it. If any, please share it. It would be of much help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks