Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2023, 13:19   #1291
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
How can they refuse a buyer's request to not buy accessories and insurance from them? Isn't that like our choice on what we need.
It seems to be a diktat from Kia to its dealers. Because same dealer has a Mahindra dealership which is ok with buying insurance from outside and keeping accessories optional for customer. In fact, same is the case with Tata Motors, VW and Maruti Suzuki. Heck Kia didn't even bother to call me to know reason for cancellation. It's like a "take it or leave it" attitude.
Old 5th January 2023, 13:45   #1292
BHPian

I think KIA is ok with customers buying insurance from outside..Look at the attached pic, I took in ARM KIA, Mangalore. It says.. consumers are free to avail insurance services from any insurance service provider. It is the dealer trying to make money.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-20221222_102409.jpg  

_chikku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 14:22   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
It seems to be a diktat from Kia to its dealers.
In fact it is the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
I think KIA is ok with customers buying insurance from outside..Look at the attached pic, I took in ARM KIA, Mangalore. It says.. consumers are free to avail insurance services from any insurance service provider.
I was about to share the same. It is displayed on all the screens in any Kia showroom. Buyers who are forced to buy insurance should simply point to these screens. One email to Kia Customer Care & the dealer will call you to say you are free to buy insurance from anywhere.
Knightrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 18:29   #1294
BHPian

I have a booking for Carens. Dealer is ok with me getting insurance from outside and is also willing to adjust accessories cost against extended warranty / My Convenience plus.
Old 11th January 2023, 00:12   #1295
Senior - BHPian

When I sat on the middle captain seats of the 6 seater carens, I felt that the seats were pushed too much into the the door. I expected that since the middle seat from the bench seat 7-seater was no longer there, the remaining two captain seats would be distanced better, but it felt as if the middle seat was removed and the empty place remained.

In seven seater version, at least you have the extra seat room to move away from the door, unlike the captain seats. Anyone else felt so?
Old 12th January 2023, 23:09   #1296
BHPian

Kia Carens has been announced as the winner of the ICOTY 2023 Award!

Name:  63c039721e208_560x420.jpg
Views: 1649
Size:  31.5 KB

Read here
Knightrider is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 12:08   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
Booked Luxury Plus 1.4 DCT in Imperial blue colour.
Took delivery on 6th Jan. Delivery experience was pretty good, almost comparable with my bimmer experience. KIA folks were extrmemly organized, had all paperwork ready including fastag, KIA connect activation and did a proper demo of features. Also explained the escalation matrix just in case the need arises.

Car was cleaned properly and had 25 kms on odo at the time of delivery, a bit more than my liking but nothing to fret about. Initial driving experience is satisfactory. Eco mode is best ignored or at best used in heavy traffic. Comfort mode is the one to be used in city. Haven't yet taken it to highway so not really sure of highway dynamics. Overall extremely value for money car. I have kodiaq booking and couldn't justify myself of additional 24 lakhs to be spent for Kodiaq. I understand it may be apple to orange comparison but the sheer value proposition Carens offers is unmatched. I would have loved 5 star rating which is the only thing I miss in this car.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-20230106_153311.jpg  

Kia Carens Review-20230106_155941.jpg  

Kia Carens Review-20230106_153327.jpg  

LeoMachine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 11:17   #1298
BHPian

Has anyone in Kerala got the AC roof condensation problem fixed? NCS Trivandrum keeps telling me that the parts have not arrived from KIA and that no one in Kerala has this problem fixed yet.
Old 19th January 2023, 14:29   #1299
BHPian

I bought a Kia Carens diesel automatic 3 weeks ago. Overall happy with the car for the price I paid.

However I have 1 issue which I want to get fellow owners feedback on.

The steering feels super weird with excessive self centering. I'm not taking about centering when you make a u-turn or even a small left or right turn. Just regular straight road driving and even a slight change in angle feels weird with its artificially forced centering. My other car in India is a Honda City and doesn't feel this way, nor any other cars I've own (or owned previously) in the US/India.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 16:55   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
I bought a Kia Carens diesel automatic 3 weeks ago. Overall happy with the car for the price I paid.

However I have 1 issue which I want to get fellow owners feedback on.

The steering feels super weird with excessive self centering. ....Just regular straight road driving and even a slight change in angle feels weird with its artificially forced centering.
Congratulations inwester and wish you many happy and worry free miles!

I too have a Diesel Auto, and have a similar issue in the steering. For me, I felt that the car kept understeering but it never bothered me too much and over the last almost 15,000kms now, I have grown accustomed to it.
PGNarain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 12:16   #1301
Senior - BHPian

After over two years of owning the Creta diesel 1.5 AT, I can infer that the fuel efficiency improves during the drier/ cooler times of the year (speaking from Pune perspective), and the efficiency drops during the more humid times during monsoon.
Old 31st January 2023, 00:42   #1302
BHPian

Another question to seasoned owners of the Kia Carens Diesel Auto. Now that I've completed 2,000 kms in a month or so I have a good sense of how the car drives.

One major complaint I have is that at around 1,400-1,500 rpm I feel like there is some sort of gears/clutch slipping or engine misfire or some weird thing going on, as if, the car is struggling to change gears and knocks severely. This typically happens when I increase the rpm to overtake or something, but then once its done I coast and the RPM drops to 1,400-1,500.

Anyone else experienced it?
Old 1st February 2023, 00:06   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Another question to seasoned owners of the Kia Carens Diesel Auto. Now that I've completed 2,000 kms in a month or so I have a good sense of how the car drives.

One major complaint I have is that at around 1,400-1,500 rpm I feel like there is some sort of gears/clutch slipping or engine misfire or some weird thing going on, as if, the car is struggling to change gears and knocks severely. This typically happens when I increase the rpm to overtake or something, but then once its done I coast and the RPM drops to 1,400-1,500.

Anyone else experienced it?
I have driven around 4000 kms in around 2 months of owning the Carens Diesel Auto.

I have sometimes felt a jerk sort of thing while the car shifts gears around 1800 to 2000 rpm, but only under sudden acceleration.
kaustavguha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 01:07   #1304

Planning to buy KIA Carens Petrol NA 1.5l. If anyone has bought it, please they can share their experience.
Old 1st February 2023, 14:33   #1305

Beware of fake KIA extended warranty offers

I got a call supposedly from KIA Head office (caller was unable to speak in English, and was talking only in Hindi). She offered a 15-year warranty on Carens (yes 15 years!!! no typo here) which includes roadside assistance, free spares and free labor all costing around INR 3900. The icing on the cake was that you could even transfer this warranty to another KIA vehicle.

The call was from the number 89791-19467.

Well if it's too good to be true ...
anoopt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed