Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 17:05   #226
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Hi Can you please tell me what is the booking amount that is charged by Bangalore dealers and from which dealer did you book? And did they specify any realistic time before when the deliveries can start?
I talked to Epitome Kia, Whitefield. They told to book online and share the details with them. Booking amount was 25k. Waiting time is 13-14 weeks. I think lot will depend on variants.
dextor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 17:23   #227

Excellent pricing by Kia.
I am more interested in Premium variant. For additional 1 lakh, you are getting
-Touchscreen with Android Auto
-Rear view camera with guidelines
-TFT MID
-Front parking sensor
-Keyless entry
-Electrically adjustable outside mirror with LED turn signals
These goodies are enough for many people and the 9.99 price is sweet. I am considering this as a comfortable 4 seater with acres of luggage space.

Price seems steep if you want engine upgrade though. I think they would increase the base variant prices so high that the difference would reduce.
The21st is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 17:30   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Around comparisons with Alcazar - I think Hyundai played greedy or exclusive with a near 3 lac premium over a Creta, which in of itself is not exactly VFM. Kia is playing hard here - not sparing its 'cousin' Hyundai either
See, Alcazar is still positioned as a SUV, while the Carens is designed as a MPV. We have seen massive pricing difference in similar underlaying products (Innova vs Fortuner). Also the lack of "premium" features- 360 degree camera, full sun-roof etc.

Having said that, i would not be surprised if Hyundai starts launching lower priced Alcazar variants in the future.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th February 2022 at 18:01. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 15th February 2022, 17:40   #229
BHPian

Kia did it again! This definitely is going to disrupt multiple segments and would eat into the sales of Ertiga, XL6 and even it's sibling Alcazar. Looking at Team BHP review of the Carens, this pricing sure is incredible value for money. Safety rating is the only concern but Seltos having scored 3 stars, we can expect Carens also to score at least the same. And for those who wanted an MPV, but couldn't afford Innova and didn't want a Maruti, this is an excellent choice.
Old 15th February 2022, 17:54   #230
BHPian

Test drove the dieselt MT:
- It is so refined, I even asked the exec to cross check if it is really Diesel
- Gear Shifts were so sleek.
- Front Parking sensor showed which side the obstacle is.
- U-Turn was a breeze.
- Steering is on the lighter side, it is anyhow to my liking.
- Though the pickup doesnt build up rapidly, I felt it adequate. Tried to push it hard in the limited stretch, but there was still some juice left. Should be fine for my driving style.

OTR pricelist for Bangalore:
Kia Carens Review-kia_carens_pricelist.jpg

Last edited by praveenkkr : 15th February 2022 at 17:56. Reason: Correcting Attachment tag
praveenkkr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 18:14   #231
One
BHPian

Seeing the comparisons with other cars, thought would chime in on the pricing - this pricing , considering the inevitable increase which will happen sooner than later, was not a complete surprise.

Will quote myself on on the reason for this pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Built to a cost but very well built to the cost like Maruti has perfected was my impression - this could easily be an improved car from the Maruti stable if it were continuing the evolution of finesse from Ertiga to XL6 to something like this.
Comparisons with Alcazar, XUV 7OO might be warranted due to number of seats, but the interior quality of Carens is nowhere close to either of them. Once they are seen and driven alongside Carens, one will realise why they are two different segments of cars in terms of pricing.

It's strength is that it's a very very very well designed car and small nuances around space/ visibility are to be experienced to be actually understood.
One is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 18:18   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Introductory Prices of the Kia Carens

Attachment 2272832
There is a huge gap for proper AT at less than 15 L in the market. AMT's aside, only competition is Nissan Magnite & Honda Jazz. They could have added AT to base variants to 1.5 variant and bridge the GAP in between. There is almost a 5.5 L diff between base Manual 1.5 & Base 1.4 AT / DCT.

Having said above, It,s excellent pricing from Kia.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 18:46   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Siddharth Vinayak Patankar had shared a teaser before the GNCAP results were declared, but he had added the Kia Carens in the teaser, and not the Magnite!

I have a strong feeling that GNCAP has tested the Carens as well, just that the results haven’t been declared.

Attachment 2272978
I think he mentioned Carens' launch and not about its Crash test.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:11   #234
BHPian

Anybody looking for 5+ seats will primarily look for space and drivability with those many people. A torquey diesel will take care of lugging 5+ people. What is interesting when we compare with the Innova, where cross shopping will happen is the wheel base and width dimensions. Carens is 30 mm longer on the wheelbase. On the width it is 30 mm shorter. This is at a 30% discount on the price compared to big T. The feature list is different ball game. When you compare the top end spec, it's not difficult to pause on an Innova purchase and think about Carens for a while. Also the 7 seater is a clear differentiator. Big T optimised their Z+ on Innova towards up-sale for Fortuner 2WD. Carens does not have much electronics created in the last 3 - 4 years, so they can still keep their assembly lines running. It's and interesting pricing strategy. KIA wants to be the next Maruti, and let Hyundai scale up the value chain?
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:13   #235
BHPian

Amazing pricing by Kia, just a question for prospective buyers here, since the Diesel Automatic top end and Turbo Petrol Top End are priced the same, the Diesel seems to be the obvious choice but some comments of it feeling underpowered plus the constant overhang of court mandated phase out of Diesel engines has led me to book the Turbo Petrol DCT Luxury Plus, does it make sense to choose the Petrol over the Diesel, we are also confused between the 7 seater and the 6 seater version, all the TD cars were 6 seaters, can anyone who has TDed the 7 seater confirm if there is any major difference in seating comfort.
Old 15th February 2022, 19:18   #236

Speaking of safety ratings of carens according to zigwheels a leak document shows that KIA is targeting minimum of 4 stars in global ncap and i think with all the safety features it might be possible.
Attached Images

SamWilson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:25   #237

Kia Carens On-Road Price in - Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmedabad (Gujrat), Noida (Uttar Pradesh) & Kolkata (West Bengal)

2022 Kia Carens On-Road Price List - Bangalore, India
Kia Carens Review-kia-carens-onroad-price-bangalore.jpg

Kia Carens On-Road Price List - Chennai, India
Kia Carens Review-kia-carens-onroad-price-chennai.jpg

Kia Carens On-Road Price List - Noida, Uttar Pradesh - India
Kia Carens Review-kia-carens-onroad-price-noida.jpg

Kia Carens On-Road Price List - Kolkata, West Bengal - India

Kia Carens Review-kia-carens-onroad-price-kolkatta-west-bengal.jpg

Kia Carens On-Road Price List - Ahmedabad, Gujrat - India
Kia Carens Review-kia-carens-onroad-price-ahmedabad.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd February 2022 at 07:49. Reason: Strictly no business promotion please!
madhukar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:25   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Adding a bit humour. Other manufacturers:
On a lighter note- Triber, Ertiga, its brother XL6, Marazzo and Innova were having a discussion in an open ground. Suddenly a Karen turned up and shocked them by saying, I am aiming at you all !

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 15th February 2022 at 19:26.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:26   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
all the TD cars were 6 seaters, can anyone who has TDed the 7 seater confirm if there is any major difference in seating comfort.
I TDed the 7 seater - 3 pax can sit abreast, but the person in the middle does not get a headrest! Might be uncomfortable for long journeys unless its a kid sitting!
rambomumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:35   #240
BHPian

Stellar pricing by Kia! A three row SUV having six airbags, disc brake for four wheels, hill hold assist as standard for all the variants & still able have a starting price of 9 lakhs rupees! They are showing how to have a successful business model in automotive sector instead of packing bags & leaving Indian business citing multiple reasons.
They are even having the price of the top manual variant of Caren being lower than base model of it’s cousin Alcazar! Amazing indeed.

Most Viewed