Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2022, 20:49   #616
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Has anyone got any update from their dealer regarding prices increase on all Kia cars wef 01/04/2022? Somebody in the Carens FB group posted a dealer mail. I don’t know if that’s really true or not.
Old 14th March 2022, 00:47   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Has anyone got any update from their dealer regarding prices increase on all Kia cars wef 01/04/2022? Somebody in the Carens FB group posted a dealer mail. I don’t know if that’s really true or not.
Have not heard so far anything from dealer infact had call on Saturday regarding tentative delivery date for my booking, but no mention of price hike in call.

As per SA they are receiving supplies mainly for Luxury and Lixury plus so could be delay for other variants. I have booked Prestige Diesel on very next day of price reveal, lets see if in April i can get delivery or not.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 01:40   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Have not heard so far anything from dealer
Neither have i heard about any price hike from my SA. Have booked the prestige plus diesel variant on 22.02.22 and the SA was positive that i would have the car by May end.
Old 14th March 2022, 10:47   #619
BHPian

Quote:
I too saw that post on FB group. If you read it carefully, there are plenty of grammatical mistakes and seems to be fake.
I feel Kia would like to hold on to these introductory prices at least till launch of Ertiga/XL6 facelift launches. They will definitely be looking to increase the prices of the base variants after that.
Old 14th March 2022, 14:57   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to my dealer today. Looks like they did get some info about the price hike, but are not comfortable sharing any details. The gist of the conversation is price hike is imminent for all the older models, however, he kept mum when specifically asked if he expects the price to increase in 1.5 months for the Carens.

I booked my vehicle on 15-Feb, immediately after prices were announced. The only verbal assurance he gave me was that he would "try" to deliver the vehicle before the price hike (whenever that happens) if I am flexible with my colour choice.

Last edited by furyrider : 14th March 2022 at 14:58. Reason: Typo
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 15:52   #621
nvn
BHPian

KIA Carens hill review in diesel MT

Not very positive review but the point he is trying to probably get across is its okay as a people mover but not a sporty drive especially since it was mentioned that is better than Ertiga
Old 14th March 2022, 16:55   #622
BHPian

I will get delivery of Prestige 1.5 petrol this week. Any specific points I should check in PDI? I don't have the patience and expertise to do full team-bhp style PDI.
Old 14th March 2022, 17:16   #623
BHPian

I took test drive, of MT D Luxury variant, this weekend with my entire family.

For the most part, it went perfectly fine. Liked the ventilated seats, under the hot noon sun. It made a noticeable difference in comfort, compared to my ertiga.

One issue that I did notice was, body roll. Bangalore folks who are aware of EcoWorld, there is a sweeping S-curve. It was here, I felt the body roll, though momentarily.

I do this road almost daily, in my ertiga. Never felt it at similar speed. Mom and daughter both are sensitive to motion sickness. And they were engaged in checking out the car interiors and didn't notice it. Where as, a colleague, on her test ride, noticed this and ended up buying alcazar.

Will be test riding it again tomorrow with another friend and let me see, if he notices it!

Any one else had similar experience?
Old 14th March 2022, 17:18   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvn View Post
KIA Carens hill review in diesel MT

https://Youtu.be/25d-Xs-EBo8

Not very positive review but the point he is trying to probably get across is its okay as a people mover but not a sporty drive especially since it was mentioned that is better than Ertiga
I did a quick check with the numbers Weight/Power ratios for my existing car (Swift Dzire ZDI AMT Diesel and Kia Carens Diesel AT) and the results comes out as follows:
  • Dzire: 14.0
  • Carens 17.0

Considering the weight (apart from the car's own weight) for both the cars in terms of number of persons and luggage remaining the same, Carens is expected to perform equally or better than Dzire and trust me, in my last 5.5 years of ownership of Dzire AMT, I never had an issue climbing any type of hill with fully loaded vehicle.
achintatri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 18:57   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Today had a talk with the sales person at Capital KIA, OMR, where I have booked. He told me that they don't have any specific information regarding the price increase.

He offered me Silver grey colour today and if I prefer, can take delivery in ten days. Last week also he offered me Red colour. My wife and Kids prefer the Blue colour whereas I am ok with any light colour.
Old 14th March 2022, 22:40   #626
nvn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
I did a quick check with the numbers Weight/Power ratios for my existing car (Swift Dzire ZDI AMT Diesel and Kia Carens Diesel AT) and the results comes out as follows:
  • Dzire: 14.0
  • Carens 17.0

Considering the weight (apart from the car's own weight) for both the cars in terms of number of persons and luggage remaining the same, Carens is expected to perform equally or better than Dzire and trust me, in my last 5.5 years of ownership of Dzire AMT, I never had an issue climbing any type of hill with fully loaded vehicle.
Thanks achintatri. Very useful info. Much appreciated.

Going back to that video where he complains about having to go faster (and is not safe) to keep the engine at a higher RPM, couldn't he just have driven at a lower gear? What am I missing here? Is the concern also here about efficient mileage?
Old 14th March 2022, 22:57   #627
BHPian

To all those who use a car seat, I had a doubt that if I put the car seat (the one that I have weigh more than 15 Kgs) on the left side bench seat in the middle row of Kia Carens, the right side seat will not recline just like Ertiga where it gets stuck in the car seat.
However, the good news is that once the car seat is fixed on the left side, the right side middle row bench seat tumbles down without any issue. Moreover if one presses the tumble down button, the seat on which the car seat is fixed doesn't tumble so the kid in the car seat would be safe if someone pushes the tumble down button.

Also the right side middle row seat can be tumbled down completely for easy ingress to the third row seat considering the car seat is fixed on the left side. This was one of the criteria for me for Carens selection something which is missing in Safari as well as Xuv700.

For the middle row captain seats, above mentioned constraints are not valid.

Last edited by achintatri : 14th March 2022 at 22:59.
achintatri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 00:32   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Also the right side middle row seat can be tumbled down completely for easy ingress to the third row seat considering the car seat is fixed on the left side. This was one of the criteria for me for Carens selection something which is missing in Safari as well as Xuv700.

For the middle row captain seats, above mentioned constraints are not valid.
Can you please share a video or picture of this right side tumble function as i have not seen it any videos for a 7 seater. I am rather confused with the setup and worried how to setup the baby seatfor a 7 seater version and now contemplating on a 6vs 7 seater options within the budget.
Old 15th March 2022, 07:51   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserX009 View Post
Can you please share a video or picture of this right side tumble function as i have not seen it any videos for a 7 seater. I am rather confused with the setup and worried how to setup the baby seatfor a 7 seater version and now contemplating on a 6vs 7 seater options within the budget.
Hi @CruiserX009, No need to worry, whether you setup a baby seat (rear facing) or child seat (front facing), it is possible to do it on either the left seat (40% of the total bench seat) or the right seat (60% of the total bench seat).
In either case, the other part will tumble down without any problem.

I did not make any video of the same however the reason why I went for a 7 seater and not 6 is because sometimes you need to attend the baby and it becomes a little difficult to do so sitting in a captain seat as it increases the distance between two captain seats. On a bench seat you can sit very next to the baby/child seat whenever required.

It is easy to tumble both sides of the bench seat depending upon which side you have fixed the car seat. One more advantage of 7 seater is, when you fold down both the second and the third rows, it makes a perfect flat bed where 2 adults or one adult + 2 kids can easily sleep. In case of a six seater captain seat version, the middle portion of the second row seats will create a gap for the bed where you would need to provide some cushioning from the ground, something that might or might not be stable.

Hope I cleared your doubt
achintatri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 07:55   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvn View Post
Thanks achintatri. Very useful info. Much appreciated.

Going back to that video where he complains about having to go faster (and is not safe) to keep the engine at a higher RPM, couldn't he just have driven at a lower gear? What am I missing here? Is the concern also here about efficient mileage?

Chk out this video to clarify your doubts:
achintatri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed