Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2022, 17:54   #901
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
My docket showed 48 weeks from date of booking, thats nearly a year for the 1.5P Prestige variant. My SA said if I converted to Presitge Plus, I could get by August.
There is no 1.5P variant in Prestige Plus only 1.4P DCT option available if looking specifically for petrol. I guess better to wait for XL6 auto as it might be available quickly.
Old 12th April 2022, 20:03   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
There is no 1.5P variant in Prestige Plus only 1.4P DCT option available if looking specifically for petrol. I guess better to wait for XL6 auto as it might be available quickly.
Sorry, my bad.. I meant if I moved by booking to 1.4 manual Turbo Prestige, I might get it sooner, is what the SA said.
Old 12th April 2022, 21:31   #903
BHPian

Before I find some time, and prepare an ownership thread, got my Carens delivered.

1.4 Petrol Turbo, Prestige Plus

Booking done one 25th March, car manufacturing date 28th March, delivery on 12th April.

Kia Carens Review-img_20220412_184239_1.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 23:00   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Before I find some time, and prepare an ownership thread, got my Carens delivered.

Booking done one 25th March, car manufacturing date 28th March, delivery on 12th April.
Congratulations! That was super quick. Just 3 weeks. Which location/dealer was this?
Old 13th April 2022, 03:46   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Congratulations! That was super quick. Just 3 weeks. Which location/dealer was this?
This is in HP.
I wasn't expecting this too. Had to arrange funds, loans etc in a day !!
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 11:51   #906

I got my Carens Luxury Plus Diesel AT delivered on 9th April. Since I had an urgency of getting the car on or before 31st March, I compromised on a 6 seater while the original booking was 7 seater. We managed billing and GRN on 31st March, and rest of the formalities took another week.

This is with Crystal Kia Baner, Pune. Booked on 15th Jan.

Now, the dealer has a shortage of even the basic accessories and I need to buy the dual mats from outside. The OEM mats are good in quality and looks; but not available for another 15 days. I gave a pass to the remaining accessories, mostly chrome.

Any recommendations for buying floor mats in Pune?

The color is Imperial Blue. I am thinking a lot on coating vs no coating, Wax/Ceramic/PPF etc. The more I read it, the lesser I am convinced about spending that money
Lov2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 12:35   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

Attachment 2295806
Congrats Bro, Plus variants have less waiting here also.
Old 13th April 2022, 14:35   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2Drive View Post
I got my Carens Luxury Plus Diesel AT delivered on 9th April.

This is with Crystal Kia Baner, Pune.

The color is Imperial Blue. I am thinking a lot on coating vs no coating, Wax/Ceramic/PPF etc. The more I read it, the lesser I am convinced about spending that money
Congratulations! Please post some pics of your car.

I have booked same color with the same dealer and still waiting.
Can you please share whether you opted for Insurance from the dealer or bought from outside.

Regarding coating/PPF, even I am getting same thoughts the more I read about it. I would mostly not go for any coating/PPF.

Last edited by Knightrider : 13th April 2022 at 14:37.
Knightrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 19:49   #909
BHPian

I cancelled my 1.5 D AT booked on 4th Feb 2022. Partly due to vehicle not yet delivered + unjust business tactics to increase price + recent GNCAP ratings of Creta 2020 casts shadow on Korean twins' build quality. No amount of all wheel disc brakes and airbags will compensate for unstable structure issues.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th April 2022 at 05:12. Reason: Typo
Venkatr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th April 2022, 00:50   #910
BHPian

Hello all,

Got my Carens Prestige Plus D 1.5 delivered yesterday from JSP autocore. The delivery was a very smooth and memorable affair. I had booked the Car on Feb 22'nd and the SA assigned was Mr. Srinath. He was updating me on regular basis regarding my booking status and was always available to answer my queries.

On March 29'th i got a call from my SA that the vehicle has been allotted against my booking. He asked me to complete the payment at the earliest as he warned me that from April 1'st there is a price hike expected. I insisted on getting the PDI done before making the payment. We fixed an appointment on March 31'st to get the PDI done at their stockyard. Used the TBHP PDI checklist for the same and didn't find any flaw in the car. I transferred the outstanding money immediately so that the vehicle can be invoiced at the existing price. I also chose the insurance (Reliance General) from the dealer as he was able to undercut the best policy I could find. I have one doubt about this insurance though. Own damage is covered for a period of 1 year and 3'rd party liability coverage is for 3 years. This is the first time I have come across such terms.

Come April 1, my SA told me that the cost of my variant has gone up by 60k and the vehicle registration cost will be done as per the hiked rate. He asked me to transfer an additional ~11k as the excess in registration cost compared to the previous vehicle cost which I did promptly (based on XUV7OO thread). While registration I had opted for a number of my own choosing (my twins birthday ) and I had to pay 25k (20k DD in the name of RTO Bangalore and 5k cash to the agent dealing with my registration) towards this.

Surprise surprise on April 8'th my SA calls me again and says there was some confusion at the RTO with the vehicle registration. The total cost of registration would indeed be based on the original price of the vehicle and not on the hiked value. He requested me to email him a cancelled cheque leaf so that they can process the refund to my account.

The dealers have no stock of any accessories including the mat and mudflaps. Decided to get the 3M Nomad mats for all the 3 rows for around 10k

Here are some pics taken during the delivery. Excuse for the low clarity:

Kia Carens Review-img20220410wa0002.jpg

Kia Carens Review-img20220410wa0007.jpg

I got this car primarily for my parents and they love the comfort, easy ingress and egress provided by the car. Have driven about 100km post delivery and do not find the car lagging in the power department. Its more than sufficient for the city usage and occasional highway drives.

Another pic of the car in my parking lot. I absolutely love this shade of the car.

Kia Carens Review-img20220413wa0006.jpg

Last edited by vivekkp : 14th April 2022 at 01:00. Reason: fixing typos
vivekkp is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 10:41   #911

Got allotment of Blue Prestige Plus DCT yesterday. Was asked to pay full amount ASAP without PDI. Have pushed for PDI today, since I have to travel out of town later tonight.

Worst case may have to put full amount down without seeing it in person :(

Booked on Jan 31.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd April 2022 at 23:33. Reason: Minor edit for abbreviation.
Old 14th April 2022, 15:33   #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Can you please share whether you opted for Insurance from the dealer or bought from outside.
I got it from outside, it was easy since it was corporate registration. Kia dealer has given me a quote of around 61k, I got it from TATA AIG for 31K, Zero Dep.
Lov2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 08:26   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatr View Post
I cancelled my 1.5 D AT booked on 4th Feb 2022. Partly due to vehicle not yet delivered + unjust business tactics to increase price + recent GNCAP ratings of Creta 2020 casts shadow on Korean twins' build quality. No amount of all wheel disc brakes and airbags will compensate for unstable structure issues.
Creta's NCAP score, although poor, was expected. I think everyone would expect Carens to score 3 stars.

This was one of the reasons why I chose 1.5 Prestige instead of the top end variants. 3 star is acceptable for a 12 lakh car. With 20-21 lakh, XUV700 would've seemed like a better option overall.
Old 16th April 2022, 10:17   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Creta's NCAP score, although poor, was expected. I think everyone would expect Carens to score 3 stars.

This was one of the reasons why I chose 1.5 Prestige instead of the top end variants. 3 star is acceptable for a 12 lakh car. With 20-21 lakh, XUV700 would've seemed like a better option overall.
Structural stability IMO shouldn't be compensated for any vehicle costing any amount be it 12L or 22L.
Venkatr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 13:22   #915
BHPian

I was doing some cabling on my Alcazar for the front and rear dashcam and I realized I need to handle this differently as compared to the older cars due to the curtain airbags and this got me thinking about the "practical" features of Carens.

Specifically the passenger side cooled can holder and the air purifier vent.

Won't these 2 obstruct the opening of the SRS airbags, and / or won't this cause the accessories / can to become projectiles during the explosive opening of the bag?

The Alcazar manual specifically cautions against keeping anything in the area in front of the passenger.
herculesksp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks