Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2022, 16:24   #1261
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I have also observed the same on my Petrol 1.4T DCT. The brakes take some time and pedal needs to be pressed further more for a quick stop or deceleration.
This is quite surprising. Will have to take it up with Kia

Quote:
Are you sure the car unlocks when you approach or is it just the ORVMs that unfold? Unless you press the request sensor on the door, the car does not unlock for me. Same while moving away from the car. The ORVMs fold but the car does not get locked automatically. Mine is Luxury Plus.
My bad. What you said is correct. it just unfolds the mirror when i approach the car. Only on pressing the request sensor does the door unlocks. But when i walk away from the car, the ORVMs stays unfolded unless i explicitly press the lock button. I guess this is okay as i don't want a false sense that the car is locked

Thank you for the response.
Old 24th November 2022, 12:19   #1262
BHPian

Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to post an update after 2nd Service/10000km interval. I have LP Diesel Automatic.

So recently go the car serviced at Kia Jayanti, Okhla. Following are my POV on the car and issues that are being resolved:

1. Mileage of the car has increased by 10-15% almost after the service. The car is consistently showing real-time mileage of 24-25km/L as opposed to 20-21KM/l pre-service.

2. Whereas tank to tank mileage has been increased from 17km/l to 19km/l.

3. Airbag recall software has been updated.

4. Wheel alignment and balancing was done

5. Engine Oil & Oil filter were changed, whereas Air filter was cleaned.

6. The issue of Left Rear door not closing is still not resolved and as per the SA, it is a common issue on most Carens. Apparently, the door is too big and due to the Back pressure as a result of closing the door, the issue occurs. On querying further on the logic, he had no answers. So gave up on it.

7. They are changing the outside ambient temp sensor FOC. Apparently, a new lot has been issued by Kia which gives out correct reading. The existing one gives out weird temperate readings. Sometimes it is 60C and sometimes in Winter morning it is 35C. It is out of stock as of now but was promised that the same would be changed at home.

8. A particular annoyance is that the outside smell comes inside the car when air recirculation is off. No solutions for this. I guess the quality of the filter is to be blamed.

9. The front wipers are truly crap, leaves streak marks in spite of cleaning them.

10. Had an RPM skipping/jumping issue on neutral, has happened only 2 times though. Told the SA, seems he has resolved the issue. But highly doubt it since it was too random. Must be down to the fuel quality.

11. On the topic of fuel quality, I think the car is very sensitive to it. I have observed that from Certain Fuel Pumps the FE falls down, whereas using fuel from this particular Fuel Station, the FE is incredible.

12. The brakes are very average. Although, they have improved in feed after service. I think cleaning them helps in sensation.

Overall, I would say I am quite happy with the car and even impressed with so many factors barring some touch-feel of parts in the interior.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-20221124_110403.jpg  

Kia Carens Review-20221124_110408.jpg  

sidharthg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:05   #1263
BHPian

Point no 1 and 2 : I have the same readings from my Alcazar though it still has to go for the 2nd service. The difference between MID readings and Tank to Tank is 3 -4 kmpl which is too much in my opinion.

Point 11 : i had observed this too .So started sticking to reliance diesel which gives me a smooth ride as well as better mileage. I also observed that cold early morning starts are smoother as well.

PS : please remove the plastic sheet from the cluster. Isn't it an eyesore?
callmeneo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:19   #1264
BHPian

Haha. I know it looks quite an eye sore in the photo due to lighting. But while driving doesn't really look half as bad.
Old 25th November 2022, 20:46   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
6. The issue of Left Rear door not closing is still not resolved and as per the SA, it is a common issue on most Carens. Apparently, the door is too big and due to the Back pressure as a result of closing the door, the issue occurs. On querying further on the logic, he had no answers. So gave up on it.
I too gave up on this. The only workaround suggested by the SA is to roll down any window before closing the problematic door. Since then, I have made it a habit to roll down the driver side window a bit when people are boarding/de-boarding the vehicle. This has alleviated the problem to some extent but is far from ideal.
furyrider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 21:52   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

8. A particular annoyance is that the outside smell comes inside the car when air recirculation is off. No solutions for this. I guess the quality of the filter is to be blamed.
6. Have seen this in other car a few years back. Not able to recollect which model it was.

Does this happen even if you close the door from near (like keeping the door open just a couple of inches and then closing) ?

8. Not a function of air-filter to keep out smells. The air filter would be filtering the dust from coming in.
Old 26th November 2022, 08:59   #1267
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Finally, i got allocation for my carens LP diesel AT imperial blue from epitome kia,bangalore.
Today, i will be doing the PDI.

Few questions:

1) Is my convenience plus useful?
2)How much is the cost of 2nd Service/10000km ?
3) what are the items included in accessories kit?

Last edited by AshiqueS : 26th November 2022 at 09:02.
Old 26th November 2022, 10:53   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Hi Folks,

I would say yes. This includes extended warranty, and I would suggest going for extended warranty for AT.

Quote:
Hello Everyone.
Thanks for your update. This helps.

1 & 2 : I driving mostly on free city main roads and highways (50-50) and I still fail to get a T2T mileage of 15 kmpl. My ODO reading stands at 4400 kms.

6, 8, 9 and 12: So true. The door not closing problem was there in my Brezza too and MASS couldn't do anything about it. I am thinking of changing the wipers now. Not sure if it will help because I already have minor scratches on my windscreen.

7: Are they doing it without us complaining? I too have observed weird readings.

11. Can you elaborate more on this? What FE were you getting on 'bad' gas stations?

Thank you.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th November 2022 at 13:57. Reason: back to back posts merged. Quote content trimmed.
Old 26th November 2022, 12:26   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
Thanks for your update. This helps.

1 & 2 : I driving mostly on free city main roads and highways (50-50) and I still fail to get a T2T mileage of 15 kmpl. My ODO reading stands at 4400 kms.

6, 8, 9 and 12: So true. The door not closing problem was there in my Brezza too and MASS couldn't do anything about it. I am thinking of changing the wipers now. Not sure if it will help because I already have minor scratches on my windscreen.

7: Are they doing it without us complaining? I too have observed weird readings.

11. Can you elaborate more on this? What FE were you getting on 'bad' gas stations?

Thank you.
They are doing it only on complaints. It is not a recall. Mostly, they will argue over it and give some lame reason. But once you shoot down all their lame excuses, they will budge for it and acknowledge the need to change it.

I was getting around 19km/l realtime from "bad" gas but now it has shot upto 25km/l. But do notice that the MID reading is way higher than actual. If I manually calculate the FE, then real time must be around 21km/l and overall around 17km/l. I end up driving around 650KM per tank. +-10-15km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
6. Have seen this in other car a few years back. Not able to recollect which model it was.

Does this happen even if you close the door from near (like keeping the door open just a couple of inches and then closing) ?

8. Not a function of air-filter to keep out smells. The air filter would be filtering the dust from coming in.
Mostly, I have to slam it a little harder.

8. But i don't get any nasty smell in my Benz. I know it is unfair to compare, but logically and technically, the concept is same. They both have filters, albeit Benz has a better filter and able to keep the outside smell away.

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Finally, i got allocation for my carens LP diesel AT imperial blue from epitome kia,bangalore.

Few questions:

1) It is convenience, but in the hind-sight I think the normal services are not very expensive in the first place. It is simply a matter for being more peace of mind thing.
2) Since I have already paid for it, it was zero. But they did bill for the same and showed 100% discount. So oil and air filter were changed. If I recall, it was only 1500 bucks. + labour. I think it shouldnt cost more than 3-4k. and dont fall for unnecessary "recommendations" by SA.
3) It is mostly, chrome highlights, foot board, Mats etc. I didnt go for it. Simply bought mats frmo outside for Rs.2k and done with. I hate chome n all. Plus, the mats are way too expensive at dealer.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th November 2022 at 13:55. Reason: back to back posts merged
sidharthg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 17:35   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone.
Thank you for the useful update. The mileage of your car seems to be impressive. Could you please share the FE for the total KM.

I have also observed the difference in the FE, when I filled it at some other bunk apart from my regular one. I have manual LP Diesel and getting an average of 15 KM per Litre. The current ODO reading is around 7600.

The brakes were really good when compared to my old Ertiga.
anbaras is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 13:10   #1271
BHPian

Total KM FE is @ 16km/l. But it is steadily increasing from 14 km/l. I think it will stabilize at 17km/l.
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 16:40   #1272

I went to Shell petrol bunk (Kasavanhalli, B'lore, Near owner's court) on 19th Nov for diesel. The attendant quoted 125 (for normal diesel - while the price for same at other outlets, eg: ioc/hp was 87). The attendant told this price upfront, when I asked for the reason, she just said these are the rates at she'll.

Usually there would some reasonable difference in price, but it was too much on that day. I got filled at 87 at Yelahanka.
vinKulk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 00:19   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Few questions:

I got the car on 29 Nov and it was pleasant experience during the vehicle delivery at EPITOME KIA. I opted for "my convenience" package and the SA explained me regarding the same.
It has been a wonderful driving experience so far and the family is also enjoying the middle and 3rd row seat. The middle row is quite comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-whatsapp-image-20221129-7.20.24-pm-1.jpeg  

Kia Carens Review-whatsapp-image-20221129-7.20.24-pm.jpeg  

Kia Carens Review-whatsapp-image-20221129-7.41.28-pm.jpeg  

AshiqueS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 08:57   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
I got the car on 29 Nov and it was pleasant experience during the vehicle delivery at EPITOME KIA. I opted for "my convenience" package and the SA explained me regarding the same.
It has been a wonderful driving experience so far and the family is also enjoying the middle and 3rd row seat. The middle row is quite comfortable.
Congratulations on your new Car.

I too think My Convenience package is good.

3rd row is what made me buy this car. My family couldn't look at any other car after taking a TD in this one.

Happy driving.
Old 2nd December 2022, 12:12   #1275
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car
Yes, the 3rd Row seat is what sold us as well! It is easily the most spacious and comfortable in all aspects, ingress, outgress, leg space, headroom etc. So, Kudos to Kia on that front.

Just to update further on nuances I observed in my Carens:

1. With Re-circulation mode off, I think the outside air is not filtered at all. Because I observed the AQI going bezerk the moment I turned it off and let the "polluted" air of Delhi enter. If it is true then that is quite crazy IMHO! Does anyone know which in-cabin air filter are they using?

2. When we increase the temp to heat the cabin, the rear a/c's do not blow hot air. They continue blowing cold air, whereas the front vents blow warm air.

3. Sunroof has 2 stages of opening, at 1st click it opens 95% and if we press the button again, the rest 5% opens up. Now, the interesting thing is, when it is 95% open, the air turbulence doesn't happen. But if you open 100%, air turbulence is absolutely manic while driving.

I'm sure I'll find more such small nuances in future!
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks