Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2023, 13:58   #1321
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

The damage does not look to be extensive. The only worrisome thing in this incident is the door getting jammed. Maybe Kia Service can clarify the reason when the repairs are done.

Low speed collisions don't mean that there would be no damage in such cases. While the Carens is 3 star rated, this is par for the course for almost all cars in India. Which areas of a car get damaged and by how much depends on many factors especially momentum, angle of collision and the area which takes the hit.
achilles101 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 14:31   #1322
BHPian

Good to know all are safe.

I have no clue about this 3 star or whatever star rating. But after any collision, small or big, it is just plain luck that decides the outcome.

Get the car fixed and carry on. Concentrate and drive safe.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 16:25   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
. I asked them to let me skip accessories and buying insurance from them so that I can offset impact of November hike. They refused and I cancelled the booking.
I have taken delivery from Capital KIA, OMR and they agreed to match the Insurance quote, I got from a known Insurance Agent. It was almost 15K lower than the initial quoted amount. They got it from the same Insurance company as well. Even for Accessories, I opted only for a few items.
anbaras is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 10:49   #1324

Hello everyone, My Carens G1.4 DCT 6-seater is due for delivery very soon and I am quite excited looking forward to it after a rather long wait! I would like to have an opinion from owners who have upgraded the tyres from OEM 205/65 MRF Wanderer. Is there any noticeable difference especially in Comfort and Noise levels which is my main reason to plan the upgrade. I am looking at Michelin, any suggestions / advice from respected members? Thanks very much.
Old 13th February 2023, 12:14   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh30 View Post
Is there any noticeable difference especially in Comfort and Noise levels which is my main reason to plan the upgrade. I am looking at Michelin, any suggestions / advice from respected members?
I did not feel the need to upgrade on my Lux+, but have read in Carens groups about few owners opting for Continental UC6.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 20:30   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh30 View Post
I would like to have an opinion from owners who have upgraded the tyres from OEM 205/65 MRF Wanderer. Is there any noticeable difference especially in Comfort and Noise levels which is my main reason to plan the upgrade. I am looking at Michelin, any suggestions / advice from respected members? Thanks very much.
Not the answer you were looking for but here is my experience so far. I have the Carens Diesel automatic with 205/65/R16 and was going to upgrade to 215s, but my sales person advised against it and said it increases body roll considerably. Not sure about how true this is, but from my anecdotal experience with upsizing I can sort of believe it. My 2021 Honda City has lots of body roll and I had upsized the tires from 185 to 205s (I can't remember if the City had the same behaviour with original tires, maybe it did?).

The MRF Wanderer tires are supposedly only okay, but so far it has held up fine. I've done long highway trips on good roads (max speed of 117 km according to the Kia connect app), and lots of short trips on bad roads. The ride quality is excellent and I didn't find it too noisy. I would wait until the OEM tires wear out and then think of upgrading or upsizing them.

Last edited by inwester : 15th February 2023 at 20:31.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 21:43   #1327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Not the answer you were looking for but here is my experience so far. I have the Carens Diesel automatic with 205/65/R16 and was going to upgrade to 215s, but my sales person advised against it and said it increases body roll considerably.
Not an apples to apples comparison but I can share my experience here.

I have upgraded the 205/65 r16 tyres on my Seltos to 215/65r16. I wanted and I have gained a higher sidewall for more comfort on bad roads and also gained some extra ground clearance (trust me it helps). I knew this and I have lost the tight handling in the turns and corners due to increased body roll. It takes time getting used to increased roll and a 10% loss in handling but that's it.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 09:02   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
This jerk thing is real, but I observed this around the 1,500 rpm range, in fact right after I finish accelerating and when I'm about to resume coasting in low rpm.
Found this on the Alcazar thread and at least couple of people have reported the same juddering issue on their Diesel automatics.

Apparently it's due to faulty fuel injectors. Anyone here had similar issues with Carens?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...injectors.html (Hyundai Alcazar | Juddering due to faulty fuel injectors)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5493819 (Hyundai Alcazar Review)
Old 18th February 2023, 23:42   #1329

Hi Caren Owners - I have 1.4T petrol Lux+ model. Took the delivery in Nov last year. Have just completed one long trip and overall satisfied with the performance and space (primary reason to opt Carens). However, the light colored seats took the beating and caught some stains . Any suggestions on a any cleaning product??Thanks much in advance.
Old 21st February 2023, 11:09   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadhur View Post
However, the light colored seats took the beating and caught some stains . Any suggestions on a any cleaning product??Thanks much in advance.
I have tried 3M Car Care interior detailing service few years ago on my Skoda Octavia with beige interiors and that was really good. I guess any comparable service would do.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 11:22   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
However, the light colored seats took the beating and caught some stains . Any suggestions on a any cleaning product??Thanks much in advance.
No need for any detailing or 3M services - buy this, spray it on the stained section ( or infact the whole seat ), wait for 30 seconds and wipe off. Works wonders.

ShineXPro Car Interior Cleaner and Protectant - Citrus Scent - Safe As a Car Seat Cleaner and For All Interior Surfaces Including Leather and Fabric - Infused UV Blockers Protect From Fading https://amzn.eu/d/bho2wpm
ptaneja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 14:18   #1332

Quote:
Not the answer you were looking for but here is my experience so far. I have the Carens Diesel automatic with 205/65/R16 and was going to upgrade to 215s, but my sales person advised against it and said it increases body roll considerably. Not sure about how true this is, but from my anecdotal experience with upsizing I can sort of believe it. My 2021 Honda City has lots of body roll and I had upsized the tires from 185 to 205s (I can't remember if the City had the same behaviour with original tires, maybe it did?).

The MRF Wanderer tires are supposedly only okay, but so far it has held up fine. I've done long highway trips on good roads (max speed of 117 km according to the Kia connect app), and lots of short trips on bad roads. The ride quality is excellent and I didn't find it too noisy. I would wait until the OEM tires wear out and then think of upgrading or upsizing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I did not feel the need to upgrade on my Lux+, but have read in Carens groups about few owners opting for Continental UC6.
I am not specifically talking about UPSIZE, but rather an UPGRADE to get a better ride quality, reduce noise and better grip(?)

@Knightrider, Could you please direct me to Carens owners groups in Pune ? Thanks very much.
Ashutosh30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 07:53   #1333

Quote:
Hi Caren Owners - I have 1.4T petrol Lux+ model. Took the delivery in Nov last year. Have just completed one long trip and overall satisfied with the performance and space (primary reason to opt Carens). However, the light colored seats took the beating and caught some stains . Any suggestions on a any cleaning product??Thanks much in advance.
We had a similar situation in my previous car where the beige seats took a beating and I used Turtle Wax Quick and Easy Interior Cleaner to get it cleaned up.

Link to the product (currently OOS) -
https://amzn.eu/d/a8R97rq

One point to note is that you should clean the entire seat and not just the stained portion since it shows up as patches if it’s not applied uniformly to the entire area.

Adding Before and After Images -

Attachment 2422727
Attachment 2422728
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-img_2750.jpg  

Kia Carens Review-img_2749.jpg  

vRSiva27 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 22:34   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_khurana View Post
I own a Kia Carens Prestige 1.5 Petrol....
Quoting your post to get your and others who own the 1.5P model.

My neighbor who recently bought a 1.5NA model, went on a trip today with his family (car was fully loaded). He said that the car refused to climb on regular slope on roads and ramp. It was stalling repeatedly. Also he said the idle RPM was hovering around 600. What could be the issue? Something to do with his driving or the car?
Old 28th February 2023, 06:19   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, I'm new to this thread. I just booked the Prestige Plus 1.5D Manual in Moss Brown. Couple of questions that I need clarity on.
- Is anyone having issues with the driver seat height adjustment lever? In the TD car I drove, the lever was tight and squeaking loudly.
- Does Kia offer the fog lamps as an accessory? If not, what are the alternatives?
- How good/bad are the headlights in Prestige Plus? Is a bulb upgrade recommended?
- The armrest felt more like an elbow rest - has anybody thought of extending it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks