Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2024, 15:16   #2161
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasSalavathsa View Post
I had a query regarding the damping, will it void the warranty if we are damping the front Bonet? I heard cases where vehicles catch fire and company blames it's because of after market accessory. Just that we have put our hard earned money here wanted to get experts opinion before adding that to my Kushaq 1.5.
Bonnet insulation is available only for Slavia and Virtus for now, you can wait for it to be available officially from Skoda/VW for Kushaq/Taigun and then get it installed. Don't go aftermarket .
Old 1st June 2024, 13:11   #2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Bonnet insulation is available only for Slavia and Virtus for now, you can wait for it to be available officially from Skoda/VW for Kushaq/Taigun and then get it installed. Don't go aftermarket .
Thank you for reverting back on my query. As you said I will wait and then install from the dealer.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th June 2024 at 18:49. Reason: typos
SuhasSalavathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 18:47   #2163

I am facing a similar issue in my 1.5 MT, which appears mostly while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Only delayed clutch release avoids such instances.
Old 3rd June 2024, 07:12   #2164
pv5
BHPian

Hello,
Purchasing a Slavia 1.5 DSG. What have people who have owned it done so far w.r.t. running in?

From Slavia's manual
Quote:
New vehicle – running in the engine

The driving style during the first 1,500 km determines the quality of the engine run-in process.

For the first 1,000 km load the engine to maximum 3/4 of the highest permissible engine speed and avoid using a trailer.
Over the next 500 km the engine speed can be slowly increased.
Depending on the driving style and operating conditions, the engine will consume up to 0.5 l of oil per 1,000km. Consumption may be higher over the first 5,000km.

New brake pads

New brake pads do not provide optimum braking during the first 800 km – they must be worn off first. So drive with extra care.

New tyres

New tyres do not provide optimum grip for the first 500 km. So drive with extra care.
Does this mean, legal limits (like 100-120 kmph) depending on the location is well within the recommendation from manual?

Thanks.
pv5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 02:16   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pv5 View Post
Hello,
Purchasing a Slavia 1.5 DSG. What have people who have owned it done so far w.r.t. running in?

From Slavia's manual

Does this mean, legal limits (like 100-120 kmph) depending on the location is well within the recommendation from manual?

Thanks.
Hi pv5,

I own a 1.5DSG too. During the initital days I just ensured I did not cross 4000rpm(in reality I never crossed even 3k rpm).

In the 7th gear/D7 the Slavia cruises at 100kmph at a meagre 1900 rpm, 90kmph at 1700rpm and 80kmph at 1500rpm. By the time you hit 3000rpm in D7 you will be doing illegal speeds, so there is a lot of room to ensure the engine is run in properly.

Additionally try avoiding the sport mode till you cross 1000kms at least, the DSG holds the gears till 4000rpm in sport mode and even more if you are accelarating really hard. Follow the rule of idling the engine for a minute after every drive. With these practises your 1.5 TSI will run in perfectly. Additionally when you hit a rough patch at slow speeds less than 15kmph the gearbox has a tendency to downshift to D1 suddenly with the revs shooting up to 3000rpm, this can be avoided by having a light but firm foot on the accelarator.

Personally i wuld also recommend turning off the engine start/stop at the start of every drive, it is too intrusive and aggressive in its operation. It turns off the engine even when you are slowing down for a speed breaker. Have never used it in the past 17k kms since the day I took delivery of my car.

Check the engine oil level at 8-10k kms mark. My Slavia threw up the check engine oil alert only at 14k kms but it might be a one off and even then it took only about 400ml to bring the level back to normal(between min and max on the dipstick).

Last edited by Shanksta : 4th June 2024 at 02:22.
Shanksta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 21:58   #2166
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreyghost006 View Post

The incident which I am about to share started during my first service. The advisor told me that the clutch pedal was getting stuck midway. After a week of the car being left at Gurudev Vellore, they replaced the clutch master cylinder, and it was good to go.

After a few months, it happened again when my friend was driving the car. The pedal got stuck, he also panicked for it was something very new to him and he didn't know how to react. I told him to pull it back using his foot. Long story short, the car went back to Gurudev Vellore and after 4 to 5 months there, came back with a brand new (according to the service guy) modified gearbox and clutch. I was finally at peace, enjoying my car and damn, it happened again!
Hi Buddy, I am also going through the same issue. Can you elaborate more what all components were changed along with gearbox> And did the gearbox arrive with or without Slave Cylinder? And how is your vehicle now? Did you get any final resolution?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th June 2024 at 18:52. Reason: Please avoid typing...like...this, and proofread posts before submitting. Thanks.
aditya231293@gm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th June 2024, 22:32   #2167

Recently received my Slavia back after windshield replacement. The cost of the windshield was approx 4500, whopping approx 6000 for ‘2K glue’ and approx 2000 for labor. Thankfully insurance covered all of it minus the deductible. Really surprised to see the ‘2K glue’ cost more than the glass! Another odd observation was that the car was returned with 7-8 liters fuel lesser than when I gave it. When I confronted the SA, they tried investigating but given it was end of the day, they gave me a discount on the bill to settle amicably. Dealer was Mody Skoda Kurla. Please note/be careful.
manu220194 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 10:59   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Any leads on the new Slavia facelift? Hoping they have resolved all the niggles.
Old 6th June 2024, 13:52   #2169

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_ka03_mp04 View Post
Hi, I have a Slavia 1.0 AT bought in June 2023. I had all the obvious issues that everybody has pointed out here.

However, one thing that bothers me a lot and I haven't found listed here is the sound (whirling sound) the power windows make when going up or down. All 4 of them.

Any ideas what I should do? Is this normal? Thanks.
For the benefit of anyone else facing this issue, I escalated this and will be getting the channel replaced under warranty. Their technical team agreed the noise was a little more than the normal.
Old 6th June 2024, 17:47   #2170

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya231293@gm View Post
Hi Buddy, I am also going through the same issue. Can you elaborate more what all components were changed along with gearbox> And did the gearbox arrive with or without Slave Cylinder? And how is your vehicle now? Did you get any final resolution?
Hello,
As of now, they have changed the slave cylinder and master cylinder, and they claim that it’s an updated component. It’s been a few months, and so far, there have been no issues. However, based on past experience, I don’t know how long it will run trouble-free.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th June 2024 at 18:53. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Thegreyghost006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 11:02   #2171
BHPian

Took the car for 30K service. Never imagined that Skoda SCs can get so crowded that just by reaching an hour late you have to pay for a 3 hrs delay because of the no of cars.

Oil, filters were changed. Suspension, underbody inspection was done. Brake pads were worn out, I was expecting it due to lot of driving in the hills. Got new pads and hood insulation, paid 8k for parts plus labour. Rest was covered under SMP.

Blazing fast service once the car entered the bay. Kudos to Jai Auto for giving their mechanics a comfortable place to work. Each bay had misters on either side, and every end of the aisle had desert cooler!

Skoda Slavia Review-img_4021.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_4024.jpeg

Couple of pictures from the Barot Valley Trip

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3978.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3918.jpeg

Last edited by sinharishi : 8th June 2024 at 11:07.
sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 00:07   #2172
BHPian

I own a Skoda Slavia Ambition 1.0 AT, which is 2 years old and has clocked around 17,000 kms as of today. I recently went for wheel alignment and balancing at MADHUS TYRE CENTER, Wilson Garden Branch, Bengaluru. The bill came to 800 plus tax for alignment alone. However, upon reviewing the bill at home, I noticed they categorized the Skoda Slavia as a 'SUVs & MUVs Type 3'. I called and asked why they considered the Skoda Slavia an SUV. Also, I asked them what the vehicle category is for the Hyundai Verna and Honda City. They informed me that both the Hyundai Verna and Honda City fall under the sedan category, and the charges for alignment for them are 450 plus tax. When I inquired about the reason for the SUV category and price difference, they explained that the Skoda Slavia belongs to the premium sedan category as there are four adjustment points, whereas there are only two for the City and Verna. Currently, they do not have a premium sedan category for the Slavia in their system. Hence, they categorized it as 'SUVs and MUVs Type 3' and charged 800 plus tax. Is it true that the Skoda Slavia has four adjustment points for alignment?

Bill for the wheel alignment and balancing:
Skoda Slavia Review-slaviaalignmentbill.jpeg

I do not have any problem with their attention to detail and quality of work.

Last edited by TurboTorque : 11th June 2024 at 00:15. Reason: Added additional information.
Old 11th June 2024, 14:21   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTorque View Post
I own a Skoda Slavia Ambition 1.0 AT, which is 2 years old and has clocked around 17,000 kms as of today. I recently went for wheel alignment and balancing at MADHUS TYRE CENTER, Wilson Garden Branch, Bengaluru. The bill came to 800 plus tax for alignment alone. However, upon reviewing the bill at home, I noticed they categorized the Skoda Slavia as a 'SUVs & MUVs Type 3'.
Though I haven't asked a reason to them yet, I can confirm that they put the same category and charges for my Virtus GT as well.
Side Note: You can ask for a 10% discount next time being a Team-BHP member
Xaos636 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 17:35   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Though I haven't asked a reason to them yet, I can confirm that they put the same category and charges for my Virtus GT as well.
Side Note: You can ask for a 10% discount next time being a Team-BHP member
Can you please also ask them the reason for the SUV category for a sedan when you visit next time? Thanks for letting me know that Team-BHP members get a 10% discount. Appreciate the tip!
TurboTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 10:27   #2175
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning for a purchase of Skoda Slavia this week. I have two options with me: a 2024 Style 1.0 AT Tornado Red or a 2023 Style 1.5 DSG Carbon Steel, both new from showroom. The price difference between both models are minimal. My family badly wanted the car in Red.

I loved driving the 1.5 DSG, but I feel its too much for my routine Bangalore traffic drives. This car is going to stay with me for the next 8-10 years at least and I still have my 2015 VW Polo manual TDI back at home.

If I go for the 2023 model, I will miss out on the 10" infotainment system with amp and subwoofer, electric seats (I don't think I want it anyway) and footwell lamps (not a problem). This is what I've currently understood in terms of features.

My question here was, will I regret using the 8" screen and speakers? I listened to it but in a 2023 Kushaq which has 2 speakers less compared to Slavia. I really wanted the bass and wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay from the 2024. But the 2023 audio quality is still great baring what I have mentioned, even the UI looks old in the smaller screen. And then the idea of cables lying around for an Apple and Android device when I could have wirelessly used charging and navigation!

Also, will I be able to upgrade the infotainment system in the future? Are the 10" screen, amp and subwoofer plug-ins? When I asked at the showroom, they said its not possible.

Most Viewed