Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 20:48   #631

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

We finally got delivery of our Slavia 1.5 DSG on 3rd June. We had booked it at the start of April and had chosen Crystal Blue colour. By the start of May the sales consultant said that he has got allocation for White, Carbon Steel and Silver colours for May and that he had no idea when Crystal Blue would be available. So we changed the colour to Carbon Steel.

In the meantime there was news regarding the infotainment system getting downgraded to a smaller one accompanied by some feature deletions and a price rise as icing on the cake. I was contemplating cancelling my booking too in case I didn't get a car with all features intact for the original price. Just then, on 27th May, the sales consultant gave me a call saying they have a Silver Slavia 1.5 DSG and that this was most likely the last car that would be available at their dealership with all features intact. He also said that they had received internal communication that the Carbon Steel colour would have a waiting period of 4 months from now and that a price rise of 50-60k was imminent anytime in the start of June.

I was out of station for the weekend so I told him to hold the car for me and that I would visit the showroom to check out the car on Monday, the 30th of May. Basically it was a now or never kind of situation and we didn't mind changing the colour so that we could get a car.

So me and my brother headed to the showroom at Panjim on 30th May and this was our first glance at the Silver Slavia.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_1057re.jpg

First impression was that the Silver colour definitely looked better for real than we thought it would. The sales consultant then unlocked the car and we spent a good 30 minutes checking out everything. Found nothing amiss and decided to go ahead with the purchase. We told him we would like to take delivery on Friday, 3rd June.

By 31st May, the dealer had sent the car for PDI to the service centre, full payment was completed and registration was done. Have taken the extended warranty up to 6th year as well as the Skoda maintenance package worth Rs. 24,498 for 4 years.

Just after taking delivery of the car. Dad getting behind the wheel for the first time.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_1137re1.jpg

Some more pictures. Clicked during first visit to the temple after delivery.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_1145re.jpg
Skoda Slavia Review-img_1148re.jpg

The Silver colour is definitely growing on me. It does look nice and classy on the Slavia, makes all the creases and character lines stand out more. The paint quality is really good too and gives the appearance as if the car is sculpted out of a solid block of steel.

Driving Impressions:

The first couple of days were spent getting used to the automatic transmission. This is the first automatic car in our family and for the first few drives we had to consciously remind ourselves to keep the left foot away from the pedals. Soon we got comfortable and are starting to get acquainted with the car's engine and gearbox characteristics. So far haven't got a chance to take it much on open roads and most of the driving has been on smooth 40-80kmph traffic on the usual 2 laned roads of Goa. To sum up the experience in one word so far - smooth! Can't wait to take it on more open roads and unleash the true potential of the engine and gearbox.

The ride quality seems to be quite sorted. The car dispatches rough roads without much harshness or noise filtering into the cabin.

Shall keep you all posted with more details as the days pass.
AdvanceStarter is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 20:56   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peugeot96 View Post

I have done 7.2k km.The brakes started squeaking at low speed around 4k km. The dealer (not skoda who reportedly did not approve under warranty) changed the rotors and pads free of cost. However the problem has started repeating after another 3 k of driving.
I suspect it's the material used in the brake pads.

Can you share when the brake squeals? Does it happen during a cold start our after running for a few kms?

Some performance pads like the Brembo black pads were known to squeal at low speeds. Usually, such pads are designed to perform at higher temperatures.

But if there is significant braking performance degradation, it might be a case of faulty pads.

Do watch out and let us know of your observations.
Old 7th June 2022, 12:03   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanceStarter View Post
The Silver colour is definitely growing on me. It does look nice and classy on the Slavia, makes all the creases and character lines stand out more. The paint quality is really good too and gives the appearance as if the car is sculpted out of a solid block of steel.
First of all, many congratulations on your new ride 💐. I have to agree, the car definitely looks elegant in silver colour. Skoda should have considered offering gloss black alloys with this colour at least as an optional package. Nonetheless, still looks great. Last but not the least, wishing you a pleasant ownership experience and many amazing memories with this beast.
yatesh.92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 22:36   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanceStarter View Post
Congratulations. Wish you a wonderful ownership experience.

Slightly OT: do the roads in Goa have these open drains? They look potential hazard!
Old 8th June 2022, 11:21   #635

Took delivery of our Slavia 1.0 AT on 23rd May. Lucky to have gotten the version before the price hike + feature deletions.

One query for other 1.0L AT owners - what is the mileage you are getting in B2B traffic?

While our car is barely 2 weeks old - a mileage of roughly 6 KMPL in B2B traffic is a bit disappointing.

Also, on the "heated" issue of poor AC performance, would suggest using the AC in manual mode with fan speed at 3/4. I am only facing poor AC performance when I switch on the Auto mode on the Aircon.
Old 8th June 2022, 16:02   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Slightly OT: do the roads in Goa have these open drains? They look potential hazard!
This is not a common thing. Probably exist only on a handful of urban roads.
AdvanceStarter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 13:01   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k2 View Post
One query for other 1.0L AT owners - what is the mileage you are getting in B2B traffic?

While our car is barely 2 weeks old - a mileage of roughly 6 KMPL in B2B traffic is a bit disappointing.
It hovers around 6 for the first 3-4 kms as the cabin cools down, then the average consumption for the drive moves up anywhere between 8.5-10 based on traffic / driving style. Have seen better at times as well in lighter traffic.
motonomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 03:53   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am not sure if you can get this info easily. However, notice this:

Attachment 2316595

Both the AC low pressure and high pressure pipes are routed above the exhaust manifold and turbo into the passenger cabin. Not sure which genius decided to do this and yet leave the pipe and manifold without insulation. This would definitely affect the performance of the AC.
Please ensure before installing any kind of insulation that it should be fireproof or else it may get melt and catch fire due it's proximity to exhaust manifold. My suggestion is to leave it as it is and don't try to challenge the engineering behind the ac plumbing. Also the compressed gas in the line will not expand that much above exhaust manifold area, that it could loose it's cooling properties.
rahulgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 07:32   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgoel View Post
Please ensure before installing any kind of insulation that it should be fireproof or else it may get melt and catch fire due it's proximity to exhaust manifold. My suggestion is to leave it as it is and don't try to challenge the engineering behind the ac plumbing. Also the compressed gas in the line will not expand that much above exhaust manifold area, that it could loose it's cooling properties.
Point taken. I tried to explore some materials which was used for insulating AC pipes but they failed to withstand heat from a lighter even at a distance. Hence I haven’t gone ahead with the plan. Looks like a DIY solution is out of the question.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 18:04   #640
BHPian

No confirmation on the delivery date even after waiting for 12 weeks, poor post-booking dealership experience, price rise with no price protection, deletion of features, and low-quality of interiors all played some part in us deciding to cancel the booking.
For the last 4 years ( 2 years spent in covid) we were looking for a suitable replacement for our Linea TJet and were amazed at the driving dynamics/experience of Slavia and immediately booked it in our favorite red color. Things went downhill after that and today got it canceled. Look for a suitable replacement continues. It's not possible to 'upgrade' from Linea Tjet this side of 20L. Need more Vitamin M
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 19:17   #641
BHPian

We took delivery of our Slavia Style 1.0 MT.

Slavia now takes place of our 13yr old 1.05 lac Kms old Gen 1 Swift as primary car.

I will post an ownership review once I clock some kms.

Here's a sneap peak into how the delivery experience went.

nidhin0816 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 20:19   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Again took out the Slavia on the highway but this time with dad at the wheel. After getting used to the Crysta he had become a sedate driver and used to stick to <100 speeds. The size and weight of the Innova also had made him nervous to do quick manoeuvres. After getting behind the wheel of the Slavia, the way he put it to its paces on the highway gave me the feel of Paisa Vasool right away. While it was just around 45kms of actual highway, both me and Dad were grinning ear to ear. Now I can have some defence when something goes wrong with the car. The car is rock solid even at high speeds and hardly any road noise nor engine noise. And after a good thrashing on the highway it returned 13kmpl which is pretty decent. Steering is very precise and while it can weigh up further, it remains very steady at higher speeds.

Last edited by audioholic : 10th June 2022 at 20:23.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 23:30   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Again took out the Slavia on the highway but this time with dad at the wheel. After getting used to the Crysta he had become a sedate driver and used to stick to <100 speeds. The size and weight of the Innova also had made him nervous to do quick manoeuvres. After getting behind the wheel of the Slavia, the way he put it to its paces on the highway gave me the feel of Paisa Vasool right away. While it was just around 45kms of actual highway, both me and Dad were grinning ear to ear. Now I can have some defence when something goes wrong with the car. The car is rock solid even at high speeds and hardly any road noise nor engine noise. And after a good thrashing on the highway it returned 13kmpl which is pretty decent. Steering is very precise and while it can weigh up further, it remains very steady at higher speeds.
Hey!, the dynamic mode done through VCDS tweaks, makes the steering amazing at higher speeds. I've got my Kushaq 1.5 with the dynamic mode enabled and even on really good speeds, the steering does not feel light as it did before.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 01:27   #644
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Point taken. I tried to explore some materials which was used for insulating AC pipes but they failed to withstand heat from a lighter even at a distance. Hence I haven’t gone ahead with the plan. Looks like a DIY solution is out of the question.
Dude, try Armaflex’s AC pipe insulation. It is made of nitrile foam and has flame retardancy properties too. It is expensive compared to the normal foam insulation we get along with the split AC units but is highly revered in the industry. Do check in the local market with their dealers.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 20:24   #645

The new infotainment cars have started arriving dealerships.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-02af7e30dc05433ab2a2e520a8ba8686.jpeg  

vihangm3 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks