Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2022, 19:29   #796
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
I didn't know about this, thanks for the info!
He says to switch the recirculation on manually.
That's the thing in climate control. If any parameter is manually adjusted then that stays in manual mode. For eg, if you increase or decrease fan speed then the fan speed is not controlled in auto even if you change temperature setting. After that to get fan speed back to auto mode, you'll have to put the system in full auto mode by pressing auto button. Likewise the same for recirculation. If you manually change it to recirculation then it'll stay that way till the time you press auto button again.

This is how all automotive climate control systems operate. Although it's been many years since the technology was introduced, I still feel many people don't understand how to control the system manually or what happens in auto mode even though every car's manual describes these things!
firstguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 10:32   #797
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City rules the segment, Slavia meets its intended goal, 2nd in the segment.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  25.7 KB

Source: Auto Punditz
Old 8th August 2022, 22:34   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
That's the thing in climate control. If any parameter is manually adjusted then that stays in manual mode. For eg, if you increase or decrease fan speed then the fan speed is not controlled in auto even if you change temperature setting. After that to get fan speed back to auto mode, you'll have to put the system in full auto mode by pressing auto button. Likewise the same for recirculation. If you manually change it to recirculation then it'll stay that way till the time you press auto button again.

This is how all automotive climate control systems operate. Although it's been many years since the technology was introduced, I still feel many people don't understand how to control the system manually or what happens in auto mode even though every car's manual describes these things!
I have a different opinion about what you just said based on the 3 cars that I own. I have an S cross, Octavia and a Tucson, all with ACC. The only parameter that you can adjust in auto mode is the temperature and the recirculation in all 3 cars. In all the three cars, the moment you change the fan speed, the auto light goes off meaning that the system is no longer in auto mode. So it is not just the fan speed that goes to manual, but the whole climate control goes to manual mode. Similarly, If you change the the airflow direction( towards face/legs etc.), the auto light goes off.
Old 8th August 2022, 23:37   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
I have a different opinion about what you just said based on the 3 cars that I own. I have an S cross, Octavia and a Tucson, all with ACC. The only parameter that you can adjust in auto mode is the temperature and the recirculation in all 3 cars. In all the three cars, the moment you change the fan speed, the auto light goes off meaning that the system is no longer in auto mode. So it is not just the fan speed that goes to manual, but the whole climate control goes to manual mode. Similarly, If you change the the airflow direction( towards face/legs etc.), the auto light goes off.
Whenever you change any parameter that specifically goes into manual mode. The system so to speak goes into semi auto mode. If you change fan speed then that doesn't mean the system is now in manual mode. The adjustable swash plate AC compressor still works in auto mode adjusting capacity according to demand. The air flow direction still stays in auto and will change according to programmed logic. Of course the auto light will go off indicating that it's not in full auto mode. In my Abarth and also other Fiat's, climate control shows ‘full auto' when the auto button is pressed and shows ‘auto' if any setting is changed. Other cars you mentioned might not show semi auto but the fact is that untouched parameters continue to function in auto mode.
firstguri is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed