Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2022, 13:01   #931
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Thank you for your comments ! I tried this already but it only gives me the year of manufacture, not the month. Is it just me ?
Found this Team-BHP post. See if it helps.

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...facture-vin#p8
ulag62442 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 14:35   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshakodli View Post
Hello all.
I have on the lookout for a sedan after selling my 1.5 TDI Rapid this year. The Slavia seems like a natural choice. And after having test driven the 1.5 TSI MT, loved it and booked it. Now I am being given a July 2022 manufactured car ( VIN decoded). I would like to know whether this is the norm or am I being given a slightly older car, probably one thats stood in some stock yard for a couple of months
I just checked the VIN number of the Slavia Style 1.5 AT my dealer is offering me. Mine also seems to be a July 2022 manufactured car.
Old 7th October 2022, 14:46   #933
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Wait, what? This is what I can see on AutoPunditz website:
Slavia sold 937 and Kushaq sold 2224, Virtus numbers are correct tho.

--
True. Seems to be corrected now. The post will be deleted.

Thanks,
Old 7th October 2022, 14:52   #934

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
I just checked the VIN number of the Slavia Style 1.5 AT my dealer is offering me. Mine also seems to be a July 2022 manufactured car.
Hence I was in a doubt. Have these vehicles been parked inthe yard waiting for certain components and then dispatched to dealers? Anybody who could help here.
Also it ok to get this vehicle if it is a generalized phenomenon.
harshakodli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 11:58   #935
BHPian

Road trip to Varanasi

My wife and I recently completed a trip from Trivandrum to Varanasi and these are some observations.

1. Power - Always available whenever I wanted: could ride all day long without breaking a sweat, with easy, effortless overtaking and relaxed cruising. The most fun was on the widest ghat roads I have ever seen, between Nagpur and Seoni, holding the revs in 2nd and 3rd gears. Really loved the engine note here.
2. Comfort - Supportive seat cushions and the seat ventilation ensured no soreness, joint pain or fatigue of any kind after the journey.
3. AC - Kept it between 19 and 22 degrees mostly during afternoons and that always ensured a cool cabin. However, I missed having some film on the front and side glasses to cut out the harsh sun on my arms.
4. Cabin noise - Wish there is better sound insulation inside the cabin. On concrete roads at high speeds, there was a humming noise, somewhat similar to what we hear during a flight takeoff. This was in addition to the general wind and road noise, also heard over asphalt roads. I had a plan to upgrade the tires to Michelins right after delivery, but that didn’t happen. Perhaps that would’ve improved the experience.
5. Ride Quality - Overall it was comfortable and pretty stable throughout the journey on all sort of highway roads. Still I wish there is a bit more stability while suddenly encountering unevenly patched roads or the occasional bad expansion joints on bridges. The roads from Hyderabad till the border of Adilabad in Andhra Pradesh really spoiled me, so when I continued in the same fashion after crossing to the Maharashtra side, the roads got progressively worse and I had a couple of unsettling ride instances with some body roll. Another area of improvement should be on the heart wrenching thud of the suspension on potholes.
6. Economy - The console always show the value with an error of +0.8 to +1.5 kmpl, and these are the values I got from tank to tank calculation, with average speed ranging from 75 to 80 kmph over each distance:
1. From Trivandrum to Bangalore - Got 15.7 kmpl for the initial part of the journey till Karur, and 13.1 kmpl for the rest of the journey, right into heart of Bengaluru city.
2. From Bengaluru to Hyderabad - Got 15.8 kmpl.
3. From Hyderabad to Nagpur - Got 15.2 kmpl.
4. From Nagpur to Allahabad - Got 14.6 kmpl.

This was the longest and one of the most fun drives I have ever done, and since majority of it was outside kerala, I was able to fully explore the capabilities of the car. Can’t wait to be back on the road again.

At a motel somewhere on NH 44 inside MP where we stopped for a quick tea break.
Skoda Slavia Review-29528fa19fa645e2aedbcbe7d4bdd546.jpeg
dragntailonfire is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 14:14   #936
BHPian

Had a Few Questions regarding Android Auto/phone charging on the Slavia:

1. Does Wired AA heat up your phone on the Slavia (assuming phone is kept away from direct sunlight) ? Is Wireless AA any better or worse ?
2. Is there any cooling vent from the AC in the phone bay / Wireless charger? (Wonder why more manufacturers don't do this)
3. Does anyone use an AC vent phone mount that fits the Slavia's center AC vents ?
4. I think the answer will be a no, but is there any way of getting a USB cable into the cooled glovebox to keep the phone cool ?
5. Finally, does anyone know if a second phone can be connected via Bluetooth when one phone is already connected on Android Auto ?

Thanks!
Old 9th October 2022, 16:33   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your comments ! I tried this already but it only gives me the year of manufacture, not the month. Is it just me ?
No dear, you are not the only one. Even I am trying decode the VIN for my Slavia Style but I am unable get past the year part. Everything else seems to be confusing.
Old 9th October 2022, 16:46   #938
BHPian

Hi
Today I went for the pre-booking PDI for Skoda Slavia (One of the best perks of the car which is not in a demand like a freebie )
The SA showed me the car with VIN - MEXBPHPB0NG017476
The VIN is creating a lot of confusion for me. As per the information available on this forum, my Skoda's VIN was not starting with the alphabets it was supposed to (MODS, please update the page of Skoda's VIN decoding if it has not been).
Then with few more clicks on my phone, I deduced that it was a Volkswagen car. I accepted that because of it being be the same car as Virtus. But then comes the confusing part, the 4th digit shall tell the month of manufacturing which comes to February but SA is telling me it is an August manufactured car. So what is right? Can anyone please help with the decoding?
Thanks
Blacklisted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 16:50   #939
BHPian

Re: Road trip to Varanasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post

At a motel somewhere on NH 44 inside MP where we stopped for a quick tea break.
Attachment 2365669
Congratulations!!
Your car is looking great. It has again given me the headache of choosing between Carbon Steel and Crystal Blue.
Blacklisted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 18:26   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
Hi
Today I went for the pre-booking PDI for Skoda Slavia (One of the best perks of the car which is not in a demand like a freebie )
The SA showed me the car with VIN - MEXBPHPB0NG017476
but SA is telling me it is an August manufactured car. So what is right? Can anyone please help with the decoding?
Thanks
I was in the same boat a few days ago. This post/thread shared earlier in this thread seems to be correct for me
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post2249668 (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

I am awaiting delivery of a Slavia with MEXBPJP and I've been told it's Sept'22 manufactured, which seems correct as per above. Your VIN also matches with Aug'22 as per above.
Old 9th October 2022, 21:36   #941
BHPian

Quote:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post2249668 (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

I am awaiting delivery of a Slavia with MEXBPJP and I've been told it's Sept'22 manufactured, which seems correct as per above. Your VIN also matches with Aug'22 as per above.
This is what creating the confusion. Skoda should have started with TMB...
If it is MEX... then it is manufactured by Volkswagen which I can accept but then the whole VIN should be of VW and if we decode as per the VW VIN then it becomes February 2022 manufactured. To clear the confusion I have asked for the Form 22 from my SA, which will clear all my doubts I guess . You can also ask for the same if you have not.
Old 10th October 2022, 01:18   #942

Quote:
This is what creating the confusion. Skoda should have started with TMB...
If it is MEX... then it is manufactured by Volkswagen which I can accept but then the whole VIN should be of VW and if we decode as per the VW VIN then it becomes February 2022 manufactured. To clear the confusion I have asked for the Form 22 from my SA, which will clear all my doubts I guess . You can also ask for the same if you have not.
The VIN now begins with MEX. But the system it follows is still what has been mentioned in the forum article. The 6th digit corresponds to month and 10th to the year of manufacture respectively.
I am getting a Slavia with July as the month of manufacture as per the VIN provided by the dealer. A request for a newer car has a waiting period of over 3 months as per the dealer. So yet to make a decision.
Anyways hope that clears your confusion.
Old 10th October 2022, 12:51   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshakodli View Post
The VIN now begins with MEX. But the system it follows is still what has been mentioned in the forum article. The 6th digit corresponds to month and 10th to the year of manufacture respectively.
Can you please refer me to the article where you might have found this information regarding the VIN? I just need to be doubly sure. Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 07:51   #944

I just did a PDI for the Slavia. The car is great. No gross issues.
Only issue i found was that the bronze strip inthe dashboard squeaks and moves and does not feel sturdy enough. Also the centre console with the gear lever and cup holders as well felt flimsy and showed some side to side movement. Checked out another Slavia in the showroom, had the same issue with the dashboard strip.
However the kushaq dash seemed much better put together with no squeaks.
Can some owners of the Slavia/Kushaq give your opinions regarding this? Would be of great help.
Old 12th October 2022, 07:55   #945

Quote:
Can you please refer me to the article where you might have found this information regarding the VIN? I just need to be doubly sure. Thanks
I got the VIN decided from the same teambhp article that has been quoted in the previous post. Skoda like VW have shifted to the MEX nomenclature from TMB like VW also have since 2015. Confirmed the same with the sales person at the dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks