Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2022, 11:23   #961
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
A new car was given to the owner who lost this Slavia due to his car catching fire as per the below report.

https://www.carblogindia.com/skoda-r...brand-new-car/
Going by what the article implies, am I correct in assuming that the owner got the insurance amount for the burnt car as well as a free car from Skoda without paying anything?

If it was completely free then I really appreciate the gesture by Skoda here
Old 26th October 2022, 15:20   #962
BHPian

No, the owner got a replacement car using the insurance payout is what I am able to understand. Skoda "helped" with the insurance claim later ( maybe they stopped claiming there's no manufacturing defect ) and picked up the tab for any deductions which may have happened ( minor if any as the insurance had RTI )
What's important to note is Skoda "helped" only when the incident went viral. Till then they kept behaving like they had done the customer a favor by letting him purchase a "german" car.
akg7091 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 18:11   #963
BHPian

I am getting a strange issue. When I connect my mobile through android auto & play music in amazon music, there is no sound output. I need to go to Sound settings, fiddle with some settings, and come back to amazon music in the android auto replay the song & it starts working. It started happening about a week back without any changes in the ICE or my mobile phone. Did anybody else face the same issue?
Old 29th October 2022, 19:35   #964
BHPian

Took back to back test drives on Slavia & Kushaq 1.0 AT.

* I couldn't find much difference in the way both cars handled, which was a surprise to me
because i expected more from sedan. The feedback was much better in Rapid, even a
Polo

* Suspension of Kushaq felt harder than that of Slavia. At higher speeds Kushaq was doing
better in the patchy sections. While the the suspension of Slavia felt much better at
lower speeds

Would probably go for slavia because of the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The tyre upgrade was worth it. Took the car to a highway run finally since I was in Germany for a few days and the steering and grip at high speeds have increased by a good margin

Wow. De chroming did wonders here.
A monte carlo edition of Slavia would be a real head turner ,

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th October 2022 at 20:01. Reason: Back to Back posts merged. Trimmed quoted posts.
anoopvk268 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 09:34   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
Will we be able to see a Slavia VRS in the market by Q1/Q2 2023 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Probably not. It is highly unlikely that Skoda is going to introduce a VRs version just for an India specific car.
Going by trends in VW/Skoda, there can be a Monte Carlo Slavia or an anniversary edition. It would be enticing if at all there are mechanical/technical updates like 17 inch alloys. Or else, we should have a Virtus 1.5 MT with the same features as the current GT (given that Slavia is getting greater demand for its 1.5 TSI than they originally expected).

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 30th October 2022 at 09:36.
Old 30th October 2022, 09:51   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Going by trends in VW/Skoda, there can be a Monte Carlo Slavia or an anniversary edition. It would be enticing if at all there are mechanical/technical updates like 17 inch alloys. Or else, we should have a Virtus 1.5 MT with the same features as the current GT (given that Slavia is getting greater demand for its 1.5 TSI than they originally expected).
I feel 17 inch tyres will make the ride quality very harsh. With 17 inch rims the profile will drop to 45mm and the manufacturer would want to reconfigure the car for a different tyre OD for a special edition only. I recently saw a Virtus with 17 inch rims and while it looked really good, I am not sure what happens to ride quality and also the durability of the rims and tyres with such a low profile in our famed roads.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 10:22   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I feel 17 inch tyres will make the ride quality very harsh. With 17 inch rims the profile will drop to 45mm and the manufacturer would want to reconfigure the car for a different tyre OD for a special edition only. I recently saw a Virtus with 17 inch rims and while it looked really good, I am not sure what happens to ride quality and also the durability of the rims and tyres with such a low profile in our famed roads.
Yes, of course, the manufacturer will have to reconfigure the car for this purpose (which they are unlikely to). There are 17 inchers used in Taigun/Kushaq. However, due to their different stand and height, that is a different matter altogether.
Old 30th October 2022, 21:31   #968
BHPian

I feel they actually can do it but that would mean reengineering the suspension to accommodate lower profile tires. It may not make economic sense though
Old 1st November 2022, 15:20   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Slavia now gets engine insulation under the bonnet.

https://Youtu.be/mUc74jgJvO8
Can anyone confirm about this officially? I'm going to get mine soon, however when asked the SA he said no insulation is provided. The car allotted to me has manufacture month of Oct-2022.
Old 1st November 2022, 16:06   #970
BHPian

I took Delivery of a new Slavia Style 1.0 AT. Happy with it for the most part. Only issue so far is a mild rattle from somewhere inside the Dashboard behind the Infotainment screen. I observed this over the first 500kms and can report that it is not a badly fitted panel the usually will rattle over bad roads. Rather the rattle is observed only at the 1900-2200 rpm range typically under load, and more prominent when the engine is cold. This appears to be at the point when the Turbo is just kicking in and the 3-pot engines vibes cause some resonance in some plastics in the interior of the dash.

Visited the Tafe service center in Bangalore ( Near Electronics city) and I must say I'm pleased with how the complaint was received and investigated. A service side head attended and spent 45 min in test drives trying to observe the issue. At no point did he jump into conclusions and seemed to be very sound at troubleshooting. He isolated one side and has installed foam strips. But some more rattles remain and I will go back to get it checked again.

Does anyone else face these rattles only below say ~2.5k RPM ?
Game_of_Roads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 19:33   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Does anyone else face these rattles only below say ~2.5k RPM ?
Unfortunately yes, I have been facing the rattles within the dashboard in my car too. I have clocked 7000+ kms now and the issues started after around 2000 kms. I have taken the car for getting this sorted thrice and the issues stopped especially after the third attempt only to return again within a month. This is the only annoyance with the car in an otherwise great car.

Do let me know if you are able to get it resolved fully!
Old 2nd November 2022, 08:28   #972
BHPian

Guys, any update on the AC problem on 1.0 Slavia? Planning to book 1.0 Style AT soon here in Bangalore. Will be using it mostly for city rides (80 percent) and the remaining 20 percent on a couple of rides per year to Kerala. I currently have a 2013 1.6 TDI Rapid Diesel and my natural selection should have been 1.5 DSG (but the failure rates on DSG put me off).
Old 4th November 2022, 15:09   #973
BHPian

Brought Home My First Car

Background

The search for a new car started about 6 months back due to my requirements for office commute, a drive of about 45 km from home on traffic ingested highway. The initial choice was VW Virtus due to its looks, driving dynamics and solid built. Creta, Seltos and other CSUVs did not appeal to me much as I was never so crazy about SUV stance and Virtus offered the necessary GC for the rough road patches. But when I began to look for all the pros and cons of Virtus on Team-BHP and YouTube, I somehow came across the proposition that Honda City was a better choice overall. But the looks of City has become a bit too common now and noone in my family seemed to be excited about it. A bit more comparison and pros-cons analysis convinced me about checking out Slavia and when we visited to see it, we all seemed satisfied for it. A test drive next day and I booked the car. And I must say that between booking and final purchase, I did spent sleepless nights to analyse if I made the right choice or not. A lot of options considered, even accepted but got finally rejected in favour of existing booking, the Slavia. I had planned to get my car between Dussehra and Diwali but Skoda seemingly messed up supplied during festive season and my SA could not deliver on his promise. Finally, I got my car in the first week of November. I decoded the VIN and it was manufactured in October-2022. Good enough.

Initial observations

Despite a video on YouTube showing Skoda has started to provide bonnet insulation in Slavia, I did not get one in mine. The video showed AT variant and I have bought Style 1.0 MT variant. My SA denied any variant coming with insulation. I need a confirmation on this point by fellow BHPians if they have any concrete information.

The car looked and felt as per the many reviews posted on this thread. I did not notice anything new that I haven't read about already on this thread. Kudos to BHPians for detailed observations! Yet I would like to point out few things that are still there even in Oct-2022 manufactured cars to inform other potential buyers.
  1. The engine is far from silent. It's 3 cylinder engine and makes good noise outside the car even in idle. It does not feel that kind inside the cabin. So check it out if you are comfortable with it or not. I am comfortable with it.
  2. The driver side window's auto up/down functions incosistently. It sometimes goes down when you want it up, then you pull it up again, it works but not in auto mode. The workaround is to turn off the car and turn on again and it will work again. Just like dealing with mobile hangs. But it does show this incosistency and you will notice it sooner than expected.
  3. While reversing, the reverse camera does not show up always. Sometimes, it says on HU that Reverse Camera is not available. I need to figure out why this happens.
  4. On crawling speeds, it is difficult to keep the car running on 2nd gear. I currently drive a Ciaz and felt that Slavia requires shift up and down more frequently than Ciaz. I have driven Honda City 5th Gen as well and that too can easily be pulled up even from 3rd gear sometimes. Not really a problem, but I guess if you are to deal with traffic heavy city roads, avoid Slavia MT and go for AT even if you have to go for the Ambition variant instead of Style.
  5. The SA filled up the free fuel with 91 Oct fuel and despite asking he said 91 Oct fuel is sufficient. Perhaps, the usual stuff he tells everyone.
  6. There is no lumbar adjustment on driver's seat. This is indeed problematic given the fact that it's a 17 lakh car.

Apart from the issues listed above, everything else is good and quite impressive. The looks are second to none in its segment (except Virtus, of course). Mine is in white and the paint quality is definitely brilliant. The car looks stunning on road and here in Kanpur, many assume it to be a car of higher segment.

Signing off with few shots. I will try to post a detailed long-term review later. Once again sincere thanks to fellow members and Team-BHP for all the help and support to make the car buying process more exciting and intelligent.

Skoda Slavia Review-whatsapp-image-20221103-1.42.54-pm.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-whatsapp-image-20221103-1.42.54-pm-1.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-whatsapp-image-20221103-1.42.54-pm-2.jpeg
neochanger is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 13:43   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neochanger View Post
Brought Home My First Car

Background
Congrats on your new car. I wish you many happy miles ahead.. I agree with you on the second gear lag in 1.0, however truly these machines are engineered for long open stretches..

I yesterday had an experience with my Slavia which I would like to share as a word of caution. I decided to have a 100 km trip to a dhaba for midnight dinner. While coming back I opened the boot to pick up something and while closing I realised there was a cloth on the boot lock. The boot closed though and I continued back home. Upon my return, when I tried opening my it did not budge It made a whining noise but did not unlock. I realised the cloth is the problem. Then came the shock when I realised there is no KEY HOLE. for me to manually open the boot. After a 5 minutes scratching, I recalled the rear seats are a 40 60 split. Crawled through the rear seat into the boot like a Ninja, pulled the cloth out and then victory. Be careful guys since there is also no latch around the driver seat as well. Anyone has a better suggestion to overcome this please do enlighten..
samsristi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 14:32   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
Then came the shock when I realised there is no KEY HOLE. for me to manually open the boot. After a 5 minutes scratching, I recalled the rear seats are a 40 60 split. Crawled through the rear seat into the boot like a Ninja, pulled the cloth out and then victory. Be careful guys since there is also no latch around the driver seat as well. Anyone has a better suggestion to overcome this please do enlighten..
If the latch was jammed due to a stuck cloth, you would have not had much luck even if there was a keyhole since both work in the same mechanism and latch. The motor would have just pulled a cable which you would have done manually. Either way it would have been stuck, except that you might have put more effort manually which might or might not have worked. Since the boot is accessible from the cabin, thats the most practical alternative.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks