Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2022, 16:30   #976
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I am getting a strange issue. When I connect my mobile through android auto & play music in amazon music, there is no sound output. I need to go to Sound settings, fiddle with some settings, and come back to amazon music in the android auto replay the song & it starts working. It started happening about a week back without any changes in the ICE or my mobile phone. Did anybody else face the same issue?
Did your Amazon Goes into car mode while you play? If yes try exiting out and play on the normal mode. Just a thought
Old 7th November 2022, 16:39   #977
BHPian

Need some expert advise on my Slavia 1.5 MT. The car is doing great and no complains..however I am facing a wierd issue while driving.

When I change from 2nd to 3rd round about 2k RPM, I get a very low metallic noise like something disengaged from something. This happens only from 2nd to 3rd transition. There is no jerk or any imbalance in power delivery. However when I shift at around 2.5k RPM the noise isn't there. I was driving DSG for last 4 years hence ensuring I am not messing up here. Has this got something to do with turbo cutting off just at the juncture when it is suppose to spool up as I am disengaging the drive train at 2k RPM?
Old 7th November 2022, 17:18   #978
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Another price hike.

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia-price.png

Source: Autocar
Old 7th November 2022, 17:51   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
Another price hike.
My SA had told me about this well in advance and he insisted on purchasing before 1st Nov to avoid price change. I initially thought he is just making excuses to register more sales in October month. Thanks to him, I saved quite a few bucks.
Old 7th November 2022, 19:34   #980
BHPian

Congratulations on the new Slavia; Wish you many miles with it!

I have the exact same issue in my car. I hope these are fixed in the first service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neochanger View Post
  1. The driver side window's auto up/down functions incosistently. It sometimes goes down when you want it up, then you pull it up again, it works but not in auto mode. The workaround is to turn off the car and turn on again and it will work again. Just like dealing with mobile hangs. But it does show this incosistency and you will notice it sooner than expected.
  2. While reversing, the reverse camera does not show up always. Sometimes, it says on HU that Reverse Camera is not available. I need to figure out why this happens.
My car is close to 2.5k km so out of run-in period. I hit 6k rpm the first time & is a hoot to drive. For fun, the best is to use M mode as even S-mode shifts post 4k rpm. The car reaches unmentionable speeds in no time .
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 15:19   #981

Quote:
Brought Home My First Car
  1. On crawling speeds, it is difficult to keep the car running on 2nd gear. I currently drive a Ciaz and felt that Slavia requires shift up and down more frequently than Ciaz. I have driven Honda City 5th Gen as well and that too can easily be pulled up even from 3rd gear sometimes. Not really a problem, but I guess if you are to deal with traffic heavy city roads, avoid Slavia MT and go for AT even if you have to go for the Ambition variant instead of Style.
Congtratz on the new car!

I have a Skoda Kushaq 1MT and i have no issue with crawling in traffic with 2nd gear, i never dared going 3rd gear in heavy traffic though.

Quote:

The engine is far from silent. It's 3 cylinder engine and makes good noise outside the car even in idle. It does not feel that kind inside the cabin. So check it out if you are comfortable with it or not. I am comfortable with it.
Are Kushaq and Slavia have this much differences? i don't feel the engine noise much when inside the cabin aside while accelerating super fast and when my wife drives she isn't sure sometimes whether the engine is on or not. i only feel little vibration in arm rest area when engine is idle
Old 8th November 2022, 17:32   #982
BHPian

[quote=neochanger;5433204]Brought Home My First Car
Congratulations on the new car. I know the 2nd gear pulling issue is irritating at first but you get used to it.
Old 8th November 2022, 18:52   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googix View Post

Are Kushaq and Slavia have this much differences? i don't feel the engine noise much when inside the cabin aside while accelerating super fast and when my wife drives she isn't sure sometimes whether the engine is on or not. i only feel little vibration in arm rest area when engine is idle
It doesn’t feel inside the cabin. Only post 2500 rpm you get to hear enough engine sound to notice it. But outside the car even in idle it does make quite a sound especially if you compare it with non-turbo higher displacement engines like 1.5 L NA of Honda City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_guy_101 View Post
Congratulations on the new car. I know the 2nd gear pulling issue is irritating at first but you get used to it.
Yes, you get used to it easily. I now directly shift to first on big breakers or when speed is under 10 km/h for any reason.

Last edited by neochanger : 8th November 2022 at 19:02.
neochanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 18:53   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_guy_101 View Post
Yes, you get used to it easily. I now directly shift to first on big breakers or when speed is under 10 km/h for any reason.

Mods: Please delete this post as I have already merged this with my previous post.

Last edited by neochanger : 8th November 2022 at 19:04.
neochanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 09:33   #985
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India will soon update the Kushaq and Slavia. More special editions coming in near future.

Slavia Monte Carlo coming soon.

Skoda Slavia Review-20221109_093258.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th November 2022 at 09:38.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 22:47   #986
BHPian

You do have a sharp reaction time! I would have straight away banged the stupidly placed barriers.
The thud sound from the suspension that I used to get when going over potholes/uneven roads has settled now. Not sure if it's only me but the engine seems a notch bit noisier now (after 2.5k km).
Those informative screens should have been provided as standard; I know the general public won't like them but for me, those screens look cool. My petrol bills have shot up significantly. Not because my commute has increased due to some work but because I drive out of the city on weekends alone just to enjoy the drive .

BTW, which dashcam did you get installed? If not the Skoda listed one, did you check with the dealer if it would void the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
A freak incident today

I was on the way to my native and was nearing a toll booth and as I was trying to clear a bus, the bus also moved a bit to the right and there was a metal barricade right in front of me. Had less than a second to react and the car behaved really good. I'm trained to do these maneuvers at work but never against a metal barricade. And here the reaction time was around one second.

https://Youtu.be/FW_mCYGTDU0

Last edited by amit1agrawal : 9th November 2022 at 22:50.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 23:10   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You do have a sharp reaction time! I would have straight away banged the stupidly placed barriers.
The thud sound from the suspension that I used to get when going over potholes/uneven roads has settled now. Not sure if it's only me but the engine seems a notch bit noisier now (after 2.5k km)..
The reaction time is because it has been cultivated over a period of time trying to do collision mitigation maneuvers at work But having driven these maneuvers in expensive and high performance cars regularly, I was pretty impressed by the way the car handled it. Reaction time is what is in our hands. But the car should also respond well to your inputs. That is equally important and when you have a car which can respond well, it can also accommodate a slight delay in your response as well as incorrect driver inputs upto a certain extent. I bet I couldn't have pulled this off in my Innova, or in most other cars. And this in a Tata would have definitely led to a topple given how top heavy those cars are.

Same observation with the thud sound. It has greatly reduced and the suspension action has improved.

Regarding dashcam, I recently installed a 70mai pro plus. I had the same one in my Crysta so ordered one more. I was interested in a rear cam also but the complexity of wiring turned me away due to the presence of curtain airbags and the impractically with routing the wire through the floor. It is hardwired with the ignition power network and will eventually switch it to the KL15 network which powers off a bit after locking the car and powers on at unlock which I would prefer.

Affecting warranty is a difficult term. As long as you do reversible changes and take care that something doesn't get messed up, you can always revert changes before you have a warranty claim. So I would not bother asking them such things for an obvious answer of yes.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 19:09   #988
BHPian

Quote:
It is a perfect example of how a car should not be driven, especially on a crowded road. It warrants a place in near-miss thread.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 08:46   #989
BHPian

Any updates on a possible GNCAP testing for the Slavia? I checked out on both the Kushaq and the Slavia the other day in a showroom. Kushaq felt stronger, especially when I tried shutting the bootlid (which was what I did first in both the vehicles). Is it because Kushaq's bootlid includes the glass area too? Doors, however, were more or less same in build in both Kushaq and Slavia.

Slavia is a league ahead in terms of cabin and boot space especially for those who come from sedans like the Verna. The door-shutting etc also felt better than that of the Verna. But the quality of interior materials is not so much at par. That begs for improvement in the Slavia. Verna has a little better sunroof shade (I found Honda City to have the most flimsy sliding shade below the sunroof).

I hope the niggles of the initial batch of vehicles are slowly sorted out. I hope the MY23 updates are coming soon.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 15th November 2022 at 08:55.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 04:42   #990
BHPian

My Slavia 1.5 MT complete 6k. I recently made a Bangalore to Rameshwaram trip and did some adrenaline drive.. I must say this machine is full of surprises.. Nothing can beat it's acceleration at this price range. I think except for VAG no other brands can even come close. You keep the engine revs at 2.5 K and it pulls like it's tied to a sling shot. Handling is phenomenal with XDS +. Never I felt I have to take my foot off the accelerator while negotiating curves.

Overall it returned me a mileage of 14 kmpl and that is at a constant rev range of 2.5 to 4k rpm. Sometimes higher.

Seats provided very good support all through. Never felt I needed a break to stretch my back.

Suspension worked brilliantly too. I did not get any major bad patches ..however road undulation at greater than 100kmph never made me nervous. It also handled the bridge joints quite brilliantly.

Braking also was very precise . I never felt I cannot control the speed at sudden moments when I needed too. This happened quite a few times when I met with road humps without any warning.

And finally.. no rattles . No squeaks from dashboard or doors..

Couple of issues I felt in this drive...

The gear has a long throw and also the clutch travel is long.. At the time of enthusiastic drive , you might wish if you had a shorter gear throw.

AC operation is a nuisance. One it's a touch. Second it doesn't even beep when I change settings. I have to look to ensure that I have hit the right touch points and its operating as I want it to. Even if the touch panel would have been slightly bigger, that would have helped..

High beam could have been better.. especially in rainy situation, I felt the need of improvement.
samsristi is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks