Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2022, 07:44   #991
BANNED

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I checked out on both the Kushaq and the Slavia the other day in a showroom. Kushaq felt stronger, especially when I tried shutting the bootlid (which was what I did first in both the vehicles). Is it because Kushaq's bootlid includes the glass area too?
A SUV and a hatch back can be compared in similar fashion when hatch area is considered. The hatch area would be better built (to protect the rear occupants), contains a glass area (should be heavier), contains a wiper mechanism (in higher models), supported by strut mechanism (needs more pressure to close), the interior portion would be more covered with plastics and stuffs for damping etc. This should be same when you compare the 'SUVs' and Sedans from other manufacturers due to the above reasons.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 22:27   #992
BHPian

Jeep Compass also allows AC controls on the Infotainment screen and they market it as a feature. Why does Skoda have to develop a feature in the Infotainment screen & then disable it in cars delivered to the customers? The Engine pressure, RPM, etc, and Driving data would have been cool for enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Whats the bonus is that the AC operating mode can also be changed now. Soft means the blower operates slower and aggressive vice versa in auto mode. This is a cherry on top of the AC mod I had done earlier and now I can just switch to soft mode when it isn't sunny and I am alone in the car. Thanks to one reader of this page who contacted me and shared that this is possible to be done and I immediately started exploring the adaptations.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 22:59   #993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Jeep Compass also allows AC controls on the Infotainment screen and they market it as a feature. Why does Skoda have to develop a feature in the Infotainment screen & then disable it in cars delivered to the customers? .
Basically the same infotainment (or same UI software) is used in the VW Golf and other cars which do not have a separate HVAC control. So due HW and SW sharing, a lot of features are available but coded off based on the car.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 23:57   #994
BANNED

Quote:
Jeep Compass also allows AC controls on the Infotainment screen and they market it as a feature. Why does Skoda have to develop a feature in the Infotainment screen & then disable it in cars delivered to the customers? The Engine pressure, RPM, etc, and Driving data would have been cool for enthusiasts.
AC controls are disabled because not all the buttons work and the UI is actually more suited for a dual zone climate control system. Other features though, probably just lazy or saving something for the facelift
Old 18th November 2022, 17:32   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Basically the same infotainment (or same UI software) is used in the VW Golf and other cars which do not have a separate HVAC control. So due HW and SW sharing, a lot of features are available but coded off based on the car.
Quote:
Whats the bonus is that the AC operating mode can also be changed now. Soft means the blower operates slower and aggressive vice versa in auto mode.
The dual zone climate control won't be functional right? As the car would require separate hardware for that to work if I am not wrong.
Old 19th November 2022, 09:25   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
My Slavia 1.5 MT complete 6k.
Handling is phenomenal with XDS +. Never I felt I have to take my foot off the accelerator while negotiating curves.

Overall it returned me a mileage of 14 kmpl and that is at a constant rev range of 2.5 to 4k rpm. Sometimes higher.

Suspension worked brilliantly too. I did not get any major bad patches ..however road undulation at greater than 100kmph never made me nervous. It also handled the bridge joints quite brilliantly.

Braking also was very precise.
Great!
Useful information too. How would we rate the ride quality of the 1.5 MT (especially compared to the Asian sedans like Honda City and Hyundai Verna)? I am yet to test drive this car (I have been driving a Verna diesel 1.6 2019). Any input is welcome.

Did you use cruise control at any points of driving? The FE figure should be higher, I suppose.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 19th November 2022 at 09:27.
Old 19th November 2022, 10:19   #997
BHPian

Quote:

Did you use cruise control at any points of driving? The FE figure should be higher, I suppose.
I never thought cruise control is useful till the time I used it on the Slavia. It works extremely well and yes the FE improves because of it. There are limited places to use this feature, but very useful nonetheless.
Old 19th November 2022, 13:15   #998
BHPian

The Skoda SA I had spoken to before delaying my plans to sell my Verna and buy a Slavia/ Virtus called me yesterday.

He tells me that the 10 in touchscreen infotainment, subwoofer and wireless phone mirroring will be reintroduced Jan 23 onwards.

Has anyone also heard this or is this typical sales BS?
Old 19th November 2022, 13:45   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
The Skoda SA I had spoken to before delaying my plans to sell my Verna and buy a Slavia/ Virtus called me yesterday.

He tells me that the 10 in touchscreen infotainment, subwoofer and wireless phone mirroring will be reintroduced Jan 23 onwards.

Has anyone also heard this or is this typical sales BS?
If I could ask, is your Verna the current generation diesel (2017 - 2022)?

I did not find the 8 inch infotainment system any attractive. I think it is definitely reappearing in the Monte Carlo version that the Skoda has already announced. In fact, Skoda has brought the digital instrument cluster in the Monte Carlo version of the Kushaq.
Old 19th November 2022, 15:10   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Great!
Useful information too. How would we rate the ride quality of the 1.5 MT (especially compared to the Asian sedans like Honda City and Hyundai Verna)? I am yet to test drive this car (I have been driving a Verna diesel 1.6 2019). Any input is welcome.

I haven't driven Verna or City so hence cannot comment on their traits... I had a civic and it handles better than that. Cruise did not use.. but it will definitely help on FE if you maintain the constant speed. The highest that I got was 18.5 when the car was only driven 1000 kms odd
samsristi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 19:14   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
If I could ask, is your Verna the current generation diesel (2017 - 2022)?

I did not find the 8 inch infotainment system any attractive. I think it is definitely reappearing in the Monte Carlo version that the Skoda has already announced. In fact, Skoda has brought the digital instrument cluster in the Monte Carlo version of the Kushaq.
It is a 2018 1.6 CRDi AT. I have driven the Virtus and the Slavia. The Slavia 1.5 DSG for a total of 2 hrs counting 3 test drives.

The Slavia rides better at speed and handles stuff like rumble strips and expansion joints better. The Verna still leads in terms of taking the edge off sharper potholes and broken patches at low speed (my car rides on Conti UC6's, not stock tyres).

When it comes to the sensation of being in control, it is splitting hairs really, because the stock tyres on the VAG twins are meh at best. These cars are begging for an upgrade. Our D-BHPian Audioholic has reported the effect of having Vredesteins on his car a few times on this thread.

Coming to the screen, I was told that non-MC editions will also get the screen but I am not convinced. Let's see. The 8in system works fine IMHO, not a deal breaker. The physical knobs are also very tactile and nice to use. The sound quality was a little disappointing though, especially without the subwoofer.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 19th November 2022 at 19:43.
Old 20th November 2022, 22:31   #1002
BHPian

In the photo shared by audioholic for the AC controls in the Infotainment screen, all controls look to be suited for single-zone climate control so those can also be offered as a standard feature. However, I do not know whether those would work with the 8-inch infotainment screen.
On another note, When the supply constraints are back to normal, Skoda should offer to switch to the new Infotainment unit with Subwoofer at a very reasonable price. Skoda increased the price by 60K from June onwards but offered the standard maintenance package of Rs 24499/- complimentary for removing subwoofer + 8-inch screen. Thus I believe 20-25k would be a reasonable charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
AC controls are disabled because not all the buttons work and the UI is actually more suited for a dual zone climate control system. Other features though, probably just lazy or saving something for the facelift
Old 20th November 2022, 22:35   #1003
BANNED

Quote:
However, I do not know whether those would work with the 8-inch infotainment screen.
No, the 8 inch screen doesn't support addition of AC controls and the Performance display. Offroad menu works but no altitude display.

As for the controls and their look, there is no difference between dual zone and single controls for the fan speed and area of ventilation, only the temps are different between the 2 zones even in the cars that offer it.

Quote:
This is definitely not rocket science and I'm sure users can figure out easily with a few tries
Makes sense. Can you help a friend of mine in Banglore on his Slavia?

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2022 at 06:00. Reason: Posts merged. Quotes trimmed.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 00:17   #1004
BHPian

Hello folks!
Had booked a Style AT 1.0, got a deal from the dealer here in Delhi and ready availability. The VIN he shared was a Sept 22 manufactured car, but he said it’s been delivered to them in November and doesn’t have any issues. I’ll be doing a PDI tomorrow before paying for it and getting the car registered. Anything I should watch out for? 2 months old manufacturing for a car which is selling in decent numbers is ok?

Last edited by Aditya : 25th November 2022 at 05:06. Reason: Extra word deleted
Old 25th November 2022, 15:23   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Hello folks!
Had booked a Style AT 1.0, got a deal from the dealer here in Delhi and ready availability. The VIN he shared was a Sept 22 manufactured car, but he said it’s been delivered to them in November and doesn’t have any issues. I’ll be doing a PDI tomorrow before paying for it and getting the car registered. Anything I should watch out for? 2 months old manufacturing for a car which is selling in decent numbers is ok?
2 months is not at all alarming IMHO. You should accept the car, unless it has some dents or visible damage anywhere. Also, follow the team-bhp PDI list and I would check the tyres and ask for a test drive before booking, if its feasible. Make sure its not a demo car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks