Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 02:23   #1006
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

So it's been 9 months since Slavia launched. Just wondering if anyone faced any issues with the 1.5 DSG?

I noticed that they introduced some lag whenever you put your foot down. Don't know if that has anything to do with past DSG failures.

However, I am still interested to know, how have things been going with this gearbox on the slavia.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 09:23   #1007
BHPian

Does anyone know if the VCDS based coding can change the default state of the Auto Engine on/off ? While I don't need to permanently disable it, I would prefer to keep the default off (on car start) and then enable it/disable it thereafter depending on need.
Old 28th November 2022, 21:55   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quick updates on my Slavia.

Chrome deleted everywhere except the front, as I ran out of tape. This was all DIY. With the mesh curtains in place, i am loving the all dark look. No picture for now till I can get the lowering springs, as it's an eyesore without them.

Have paid advance for 35/45mm drop Cobra lowering springs, and they should come in by January. Fortunately am traveling most of December, so should make the wait easier. Hoping the wider track due to tire and alloy width do not make the tires foul with the fenders. Overall dia is same, so guess (hoping) we will be fine.

On the driving front, i find the gear ratios to tall in D mode, so am often shifting into S for quick overtaking maneovears.

Unexpectedly I am loving the silent ride (getting old i think), so am wary of, but not ruling out a valvetronic exhaust at some point in time. Just that I don't want to go in for rushed up wannabe mods but a loud exhaust on demand would be good music, for a change. I'd really like the exhaust tip to peek out of that rear bumper, it's too plain jane minus that.

Last edited by manveet : 28th November 2022 at 21:57.
manveet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 09:34   #1009
BHPian

Does anyone else face issues with Bluetooth connectivity? Most of the time, it is the phone that doesn't connect. It is the other way around for me. The system and my phone can not stay disconnected. I use my phone with the Bluetooth headset while my driver is at the wheel and not the car's system for obvious privacy issues.
But even if I disconnect manually on my phone (multiple times), it keeps connecting and autoplays songs from one of the apps, in the process sometimes startling both me and the driver. Also if I pause the music and keep the phone connected to both, the call preferentially goes to the car system rather than the headset.
It is becoming a nuisance for me. Any suggestions apart from unpairing/ removing the device from my bluetooth devices and manually adding everytime?
travelex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 20:12   #1010
BHPian

[quote=madnish30;5445133]Hello folks!
Had booked a Style AT 1.0, got a deal from the dealer here in Delhi !!

Hi , can you share the details on the deal as we have also narrowed down to Style AT 1.0 and as per dealer any offer is available for Ambition AT only.

Best they can do it insurance flat at 40K .

Also, the dealer is promising the Variant will carry subwoofer, whereas I heard the same has been discontinued.

Regards
Old 4th December 2022, 11:53   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Does anyone else face issues with Bluetooth connectivity? Most of the time, it is the phone that doesn't connect. It is the other way around for me. The system and my phone can not stay disconnected. I use my phone with the Bluetooth headset while my driver is at the wheel and not the car's system for obvious privacy issues.
But even if I disconnect manually on my phone (multiple times), it keeps connecting and autoplays songs from one of the apps, in the process sometimes startling both me and the driver. Also if I pause the music and keep the phone connected to both, the call preferentially goes to the car system rather than the headset.
It is becoming a nuisance for me. Any suggestions apart from unpairing/ removing the device from my bluetooth devices and manually adding everytime?

I guess there should be an option to turn off Bluetooth in ICE.. Haven't tried in mine..I will check..
Old 5th December 2022, 00:58   #1012
BANNED

Yesterday, I had booked a test drive of the Slavia via Skoda's website. They told a callback time of 6 hours. But yet none has called me , nor did I receive any confirmation SMS. On the other hand I booked a test drive of the Honda city through the Honda website, but they sent a confirmation SMS. So has anyone booked a test drive for Skoda online and did the dealer or Skoda send any message ?
Thanks in advance.
Dr Manabendra S
DR Manabendra S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 14:07   #1013

Re: Day 1 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Took delivery yesterday, reached home to find out that the rear left glass is not going down. I can hear the motor whirr, but the glass won't go down. Need to get that sorted.
Very keen observations and a long list of -ves, but a very genuine question- Why did you buy it? Did you do a comparative analysis of available options in market and found Slavia better relatively? Maybe if you share that, it will help many members as well.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th December 2022 at 14:11.
Old 6th December 2022, 11:15   #1014
BHPian

Booking a test drive through the website doesn't work most of the time with Skoda. Better to call the nearest dealer & ask him to provide a test drive at your home. Now that the initial hype is over, most of the sales staff would be happy to come over to your home for a test drive. Honda treats test drive as if they are offering you a premium service free of charge & thus try to limit test drive to <5 km confined to the route that they define. Skoda/VW are a lot more willing to provide long test drive. I was allowed a long test drive on the highway of Virtus in June on a weekday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Manabendra S View Post
Yesterday, I had booked a test drive of the Slavia via Skoda's website. They told a callback time of 6 hours. But yet none has called me , nor did I receive any confirmation SMS. On the other hand I booked a test drive of the Honda city through the Honda website, but they sent a confirmation SMS. So has anyone booked a test drive for Skoda online and did the dealer or Skoda send any message ?
Thanks in advance.
Dr Manabendra S
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 12:53   #1015
BHPian

Re: Day 1 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Took delivery yesterday, reached home to find out that the rear left glass is not going down. I can hear the motor whirr, but the glass won't go down. Need to get that sorted.
Interestingly, the same happened in my car a couple of months back. The same window. One fine day it refused to go down. But then, the next day, the issue automatically got solved somehow.

Reminds me of earlier Tata taxis in which drivers used to slap the door to make the windows work . Have other users experienced any problem with the windows (except the driver side)?

Last edited by FrAgile : 6th December 2022 at 12:55.
Old 9th December 2022, 12:32   #1016
BHPian

Did anyone get damping done for the doors and is there any considerable benefit from it?
Also wondering if anyone has done speakers upgrade on the Style variant older version which had the amp, if yes, which speakers did you pick and your feedback will help.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 09:47   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Booking a test drive through the website doesn't work most of the time with Skoda. Better to call the nearest dealer & ask him to provide a test drive at your home. Now that the initial hype is over, most of the sales staff would be happy to come over to your home for a test drive.
I visited Skoda showroom in person and got a test drive scheduled for a Saturday following after two weeks. The sales staff called me after a week and asked me if I would take test drive in that weekend itself. I said I was busy and that is why I had got it scheduled for the particular day.

So, one week later, on Friday, I gave a call to him and reminded him. He more than agreed. Then he called me an hour before the scheduled time on Saturday, saying that he would call me once he starts. That call is yet to come!

It is three weeks since then. When I called him one day, he said sorry. I said I was not interested in his being sorry. I told him that because of these, Skoda would always be sorry. He said we can schedule it for another day. I asked him if it would be scheduled and executed in the same way... it was not convenient for me either after that, to take the drive. Nor did they call me even once.

In fact, everything, the variant MT etc,was all fixed up. There was no confusion. But this is how the sales staff treated me.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 11th December 2022 at 09:49.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 23:30   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the horns changed to the trumpet type. It was long pending and apparently was always on back order with the ASC and hence had to wait and bit and in the middle got caught up with lot of travelling.

The trumpets are very much typical German with a bassy note unlike the Hyundai/Kias shrill trumpets. Cost is on the higher side at 1450 for the horn and labour extra for what's basicallya Roots trumpet horns with a different coupler meant to fit the Skoda harness. What's bad is that the existing horn cover can't be used any more and the trumpets stay exposed behind the grill. But that ends up in a pretty loud output ahead of the car

Skoda Slavia Review-237ee73369174b59bff9e84317e58cfe.jpeg
Skoda service center experience was pretty good this time with me being taken care well in the lounge as I waited for the work to be done.

There is a software update expected for the driver door regulator which will sort out the auto up issue. It isn't a hardware fault and changing the regulator won't solve this issue if someone has got that done already.

Last edited by audioholic : 30th December 2022 at 23:36.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 23:38   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Got the horns changed to the trumpet type. It was long pending and apparently was always on back order with the ASC and hence had to wait and bit and in the middle got caught up with lot of travelling.
What's the part number for the horns? Is 1450 price for single horn or twins? And how much were the labour charges?
Old 30th December 2022, 23:46   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
What's the part number for the horns? Is 1450 price for single horn or twins? And how much were the labour charges?
It is sold as a pair since it's considered an accessory and not a replacement part. The part number is 6JM093806 and costed 1469 including tax. Labour was 900 for removal and refitment of bumper only.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks