Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2023, 13:31   #1111
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
1.Space for 3 at back. We need a proper 5 seater. This car is only for highways.
2.Fun to drive with exellent stability between the speeds of 110 to 130.
3.Feature loaded
4.Waiting period is not an issue but the sooner the better.
5.Decent reliability
6.Solid build quality and crash rating.
XUV might have more width and will be more comfortable due to the seat recline option. But XUV missed a proper 3-point seat belt for the center passenger in the middle row.

XUV also would have more features and a panoramic sun roof.

Neither Slavia nor XUV should disappoint in the performance department for the speeds mentioned. Salvia should be more frugal of the two.

I would rate XUV better in the reliable department as it has a simpler torque converter gearbox instead of a complex DSG.

Build quality should not be an issue in either of the cars.

I have intentionally left out Honda city.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:42   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
XUV might have more width and will be more comfortable due to the seat recline option. But XUV missed a proper 3-point seat belt for the center passenger in the middle row.

XUV also would have more features and a panoramic sun roof.

Neither Slavia nor XUV should disappoint in the performance department for the speeds mentioned. Salvia should be more frugal of the two.

I would rate XUV better in the reliable department as it has a simpler torque converter gearbox instead of a complex DSG.

Build quality should not be an issue in either of the cars.

I have intentionally left out Honda city.

Thanks for your reply, yes now looking forward to only xuv or slavia. Family likes xuv more but I like slavia more. I ll wait till Verna's launch and then decide. I'm not intrested in city anymore..
Old 24th February 2023, 16:06   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Received a notification for AC performance update from Skoda today for my Slavia 1.0 AT. Planning to get it done in the next few days. Will post an update post the update !
How is the AC performance post update?

My earlier Verna 1.6 CRDI had a powerful AC. Current Vento 1.5 TDI DSG is low on cooling and the SA says my Vento AC is in perfect shape and the cooling is normal. He also says that Vento AC is weaker than Verna. Though it's not a deal breaker for me, I clearly liked AC of Verna more.

If you have driven a Verna, how do you compare AC of Slavia to Verna.
Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 13:47   #1114
BHPian

AC comparisons are difficult to make especially of climate control ones. For example, I drive a Slavia 1.5 and a Baleno. While in the Baleno, I can keep the temperature at 23 and be happy, in the Slavia, I have to keep it at 21 for the same temperature feeling. The difference though is, while I can keep the Slavia at 21 and feel comfortable for the whole one hour journey, in the Baleno, I need to change the temperature by a degree up to have a consistent level of comfort.
I just feel they are different and not one better or worse than the other.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 18:55   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
For example, I drive a Slavia 1.5 and a Baleno. While in the Baleno, I can keep the temperature at 23 and be happy, in the Slavia, I have to keep it at 21 for the same temperature feeling. The difference though is, while I can keep the Slavia at 21 and feel comfortable for the whole one hour journey, in the Baleno,
I just feel they are different and not one better or worse than the other.
Very true. I have had the same observation between my Innova and Slavia. In the Innova, 24 feels chilly after sometime and I need to switch between 23.5 to 25 depending on the need. On the Slavia 1.5, I have kept it constantly at 22 or 21 based on my mood and that has worked consistently in keeping the cabin comfortable from the coastal heat to cold Bangalore mornings and currently the summer noons.

Even on a hot day when the car is baking in the sun, the AC is taking 4-5mins to cool down the cabin and I leave the sun roof in ventilate position until the blower speed drops. I’m thinking of getting the official AC update soon and see if it’s any better than the unofficial update I have done.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 20:29   #1116
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Just three things -
---------------------
a) target temperature to be achieved
b) the cubic capacity of compressor, the heat exchange efficiency of condenser and evaporator (old figo used to come with a 150cc compressor, something usually reserved for D/D+ segment vehicles)
c) how quickly b is able to achieve a , or whether it's even able to achieve.

The advantage of 'full-auto' :
The AC computer will make the system work harder if the rate of fulfilling c is poor with the initial settings that it chooses for fanspeed and circulation. The easiest way to trick the AC computer into cooling faster is to set an aggressive value for a, even if it may never achieve a under the prevalent environmental conditions.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 06:19   #1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Low oil alert:
I always had this on my mind after I had seen similar reports of oil level going low in the initial 5-7k kms. I had also seen an FB post where someone reported oil needing top up. I had checked oil and it was nearing the lower mark few days ago. And yesterday at 8040kms, got an alert to check oil level. I had always wanted to get it topped up but hadn't. While I was in Kolar I got this alert and immediately found Shell 0W20 which is another rarity. It took less than 1L of oil to get the oil level back to normal dipstick levels.

Since this initial oil consumption in TSI is pretty common, suggest everyone to check oil levels at the 7k mark and get it topped up.
I’m considering if I should do an oil change? I would need to drive 1500Kms in another week, my odometer is at 8700Km, I don’t understand how this will play out with my first service coming in another 2 weeks

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th February 2023 at 07:39.
Old 26th February 2023, 11:02   #1118
BHPian

[quote=MotorDev;5499629]Hello everyone, 2 weeks back me and my family visited a mahindra showroom in banglore to check out the new xuv700. We liked it and planned to book the top end ax7L petrol at in midnight black. The waiting period is about 8-9 months. So in the mean time we checked out the slavia and city too.

So now we are confused in the above mentioned cars, our requirements are:

1.Space for 3 at back. We need a proper 5 seater. This car is only for highways.
/QUOTE]

From a space and feature perspective, XUV would be a better option. However, I have travelled with 3 proper adults at an average weight of 70 and they did not have any problems

The only issue XUV is the mileage... This will not yield you more than 12 to 14 in highway.. spirited driving I am not sure.. The The Slavia will yield you anywher in between 15 to 20 depending upon your driving style.

If mileage is not a factor go for XUV, else give it a thought
samsristi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 13:11   #1119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedXPro95 View Post
I’m considering if I should do an oil change? I would need to drive 1500Kms in another week, my odometer is at 8700Km, I don’t understand how this will play out with my first service coming in another 2 weeks
Just check the oil level before commencing your trip and in case it is reaching the bottom mark it's better to top up before you head out on the trip. If not then you can just get the service and oil change done after your trip.

Last edited by audioholic : 26th February 2023 at 13:19.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 18:11   #1120
BHPian

A small update as I near the first annual service for the slavia active. Yes as the owners manual says the engine consumes oil. I thankfully found out before it went out of the marked area on the dipstick. I got the older vw 504 spec 0w 30 from shell.(which the manual says can be used for immediate purposes). It took only about 200ml to reach the higher end of the marked area. I have also managed get my hands on one litre of mannol vw508/509 0w20 to keep in the boot. Shell has this spec(the dealer says the use shell now) but its nowhere to be found in the bunks. There is no other drama to report after 13600km. The car is a real VW group product- its holding up well and feels as good as it did on day one. I will give an update after the first service
peugeot96 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:02   #1121

Hi All,

I have a question for fellow slavia owners.

I own the Slavia Ambition 1.0 AT and have clocked around 8000kms since June 2022 when I purchased the vehicle. I really enjoy driving it around, really puts a smile on my face every time I take it out. Specially on twisty roads or on highways. I am quite happy with it.

I have one issue however. The plastic panels on the dashboard i.e the ambient light panel and the piano black panel below it catches all the imperfections in the roads and creeks. I have shown it in the service center thrice now and they say it is fixed and soon enough it reappears. I am really getting tired of it. Just this one issue which is spoiling the entire driving experience for me. As a final solution I am going to ask for a replacement of those panels under warranty and see if that fixes it.

I want to know if anyone is also facing this issue?

Another thing I asked the service advisor, I wanted to replace the headlamp cluster to the Style variant LED headlamp with the L shaped DRL's. I thought it would be a simple swap job but as per the advisor, they have to mess with the wires and that would void the warranty. But I see on youtube that it is done and done by skoda service center.

Has anyone here tried to do this and not voided warranty?

Thanks.
Old 1st March 2023, 21:43   #1122

Have a question. The slavia I have been allocated has the manufacturing date as Jan-2023(Found it using the VIN & Form-20). I'm confused as to if it is MY2023 model or not. The sales person seems to say it is, but he is also confused once i showed him the following link, https://manual.skoda-auto.com/663/en-IN/Models where the new owners manual is available for Feb-23 production dates. Can someone help with a easier way to find this. The Form 20 also only has the Manufacturing details but not which model. Totally confused about taking delivery of the vehicle.
Old 1st March 2023, 22:25   #1123
REN
BHPian

Got the official AC Update done on my 1.5 TSI during a free service camp on Monday. Have only been able to take the car out in evenings since then, but there is a noticeable improvement. Will report back after a few days once I get to experience it more during daytime. But even just based on the initial impressions, I would recommend everyone to get the update done.
REN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:40   #1124

Can someone help me, to locate the Part number mentioned in the Owner's Manual in the Car. Asked the dealer to do that but they claim ignorance. I want to double check if this Owner's Manual is applicable for my Car. I'm confused about if it is 22 or 23 model, as the part number for 22 & 23 is different in the Owner's Manual, I'm trying to locate it in the Vehicle.Skoda Slavia Review-owners-manual.jpeg
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:36   #1125
BHPian

I am looking forward to buy Pharaoh floor mats for my Slavia. As per their website, the fit is custom made for each car model & It costs around INR 8k. Wanted to check with fellow members if anyone has already got them & how their experience has been with the same.

Below is the link.

https://www.pharaohautomotive.com/pr...car-floor-mats

Last edited by Torque123 : 2nd March 2023 at 13:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks