Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2023, 23:07   #1171
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

My 5+ month old Slavia has recently started exhibiting door rubber seal squeaking sounds over speed breakers, especially ones involving a turn while getting on the speed breaker which causes the body to flex. The squeaks are not terrible, do not happen on regular bad roads, and I would give it an annoyance score of 4/10 but the squeak it is definitely there.

Has any other fellow Slavia owner experienced the same ?
Wondering if onset of summer season ( Bangalore) could cause it, AFAIK this problem from the Kushaq was supposed to have been fixed and my Slavia is a Sep'22 manufactured unit.
I know silicone spray or Gummi Pfledge could workaround the issue, but I've never had this problem in my 9 year old Grand i10 ever, in the same conditions. Wondering if anyone has reported this issue on the Slavia to Skoda.
Old 30th March 2023, 23:44   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
I am curious. What chrome strip installation needed the removal of the tail lights?
The chrome strip on the rear bumper.
dr.aviansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 21:27   #1173
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed 10k kms few days after 10 months of usage

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6078.jpeg

The good: My Slavia has been through it all, from setting expressways on fire till eating up non existent roads with ease. It has given me goosebumps everytime I have just pressed the accelerator hard, forget flooring it down. It has impressed people from different walks of life and age. More than anything my parents now understand German engineering and appreciate it. Of course there is a lot of hue and cry about VW 2.0 not being like the earlier products. But thats a practice that is evident across brands, especially when they have to compete in a market like ours. But the fundamentals is what matters to me, and that is still kept at high standards be it powertrain, safety, handling, comfort, features etc. I dont care two hoots how soft the plastic on the dashboard is, how huge the entertainment screen and similar features.

Its mileage can vary from being impressive till burning a hole in the pocket. But heck I chose the 1.5 for a reason thats definitely not FE.

Upgrade of tyres was a very good decision and the Vredesteins have been wonderful so far. They have taken HARD pothole hits and yet come out unscathed even though the rubber is soft to the touch. They have improved braking and overall ride plushness.

However, I cant skip mentioning the fact that the AC in this car was below average until I tweaked it, and I believe VW has made something similar as the official update. Thankfully it isnt a substandard or inadequate hardware itself, but just a poor configuration which might have been overlooked at.

The other grouse were some squeaks from plastic panels in the dash board. But as I wrote earlier, these are friction squeaks and they go away on their own or with an application of silicone spray. My crysta had the same issue and it goes away after a few days. Apart from this there is currently an annoying bumpy noise from the rear which no one has been able to resolve. This seems to be a resonant noise from the boot so its something that needs good skills to figure out. But this is very feeble and can be heard when things are pitch silent.

The NVH of the car is excellent both at low and high speeds. There is absolutely No road noise, engine noise or wind noise at high speeds which masks the speed very well.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5933.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5812.jpeg

The Slavia has now got me addicted to late night drives for food or ice creams, or even to a trip to my native which I would do in the daylight - Reason for this is the sweet engine and the turbo note. It just pulls hard with a hiss once the turbo spools up.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5676.jpeg

This car has wonderful lights. For once I have never had the thought of upgrading whereas all my other cars so far including the crysta got a massive upgrade. The rear lights also are eye catching.
Skoda Slavia Review-img_4617.jpeg

The dimensions of the car actually give it a good presence. Check this photo sharing space with cars like the Alto, two Compasses, an Xcent in the immediate side.
Skoda Slavia Review-dji_fly_20221231_111310_188_1672465907960_photo_optimized.jpeg

On a recent drive with TBHP friends in the Charmadi Ghats.
Skoda Slavia Review-dji_fly_20230325_132906_259_1679731624133_photo_optimized.jpeg

Sharing space with the Crysta. While the Celerio is still with me, it is only used by mom for her office commute with our driver hence its almost like out of my hands.
Skoda Slavia Review-img_6082.jpeg

There are some design elements in this car that makes you turn back for a second glance. Here is one of mine.
Skoda Slavia Review-img_6087.jpeg

What is pending now is the official AC update, fix for auto up power window, which is again a software fix and the one year service coming in two months.
audioholic is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 11:13   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
As I write this, I have done 13900 km in about 5.25 months. My travel is quite a bit. 100 km daily, and occasional additional outstation trips. I had a Skoda Rapid Diesel Manual (Elegance 1.6 TDI) before this, which I owned for about 9 years. I completed close to 2.9 lakhs on the odo, before deciding that it was giving me frequent niggles, and the trips to workshops were causing inconvenience. Additionally, I also purchased a Tata Hexa AT in 2017. That has done close to 85k to date. For daily driving, I prefer a sedan. Hence the addition of Slavia style 1.0 AT. Why not MT 1.5? - because I have driven manual cars a lot and with the distances I drive at times, it becomes tiring. Why not DSG? - because the salesperson, who also helped me during the purchase of Rapid, knowing my driving, warned me. Almost half of those 13900km have been done by me, while I have been driven for the remaining half.

Having driven diesel engines for close to 10 years, this felt smooth and light. At the same time, it feels so light that I feel unsafe at times. I can’t explain and pinpoint why but I do get the feeling at times. I just made one to and fro 400 km trip. That I thought was very comfortable and convenient. Highway cruising was relaxed and comfy. Navigating in metro traffic again was a breeze. I for one, am very satisfied with driving dynamics as a non-technical, but a person who has driven around a fair bit over the years. I have a rather sedate driving style, which is what has been dictated to my drivers too. The mileage has been good for me. It has always been over 16 kmpl and close to 19 on good days. No way near what I used to get with Rapid diesel, but still good enough. The cabin feels fresh and stylish and I don't get a feeling of getting bored of it anytime soon. The rear leg room is adequate.

Most of the things I did not like have been discussed threadbare already. Here are a few

Ac - enough has already been said. I don't need to add any more
As I said, I feel the car (not necessarily only the steering) feels too light at times
No option of one-touch up and down for non-driver windows
No option to open and close the windows using a remote
Reverse camera - aaaargh
Skoda Connect is buggy, They should have done better
Lumbar support - why did they have to remove it?
While the seats are comfortable, a little more cushion would have been good
This was roughly 3 months ago. I just completed a total of 31k in about 12 months.
Got the second free service done as well.
No expenses so far on the maintenance and services (apart from the service package)
The experience has been very good overall. As I said earlier, I wish the car were a bit heavier/ sturdier. City drives are a breeze but on highways I feel the car were a little more grounded and heavier. I don't think the 1.0 TSI is underpowered though. Not for my driving style at least. The cabin does give a nice, premium feel and overall ergonomics are good. The things that Skoda omitted from Rapid still haunt me.
travelex is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 20:53   #1175
BHPian

Hello all,
I have become a very proud owner of Slavia 1.5DSG recently and currently in the early know to phase of our romance. I have bought it after a through due diligence on Team BHP and other new portals, and I feel I did the right choice. The car makes me smile like no other.
Having read so many reviews and ownership posts I hardly have anything to add.
I do have a very unique problem and wonder if it's only with my car as I didn't find mention of it anywhere in these 79 pages
I have a qubo dash cam installed from the 12v socket. The power to the socket is always intact even after the car is turned off and locked. Is this true for all the cars or am I the lucky one? Also mine being Jan 23 model, the ac still doesn't start in recirculation mode. Is this not changed In the update or is the update due.
Thanking you all in advance
Drive safe
Cheers
Old 2nd April 2023, 01:51   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinkamath4657 View Post
The power to the socket is always intact even after the car is turned off and locked. Is this true for all the cars or am I the lucky one?
Congrats on getting the Slavia ! It's been close to 6 months for me, and I still oggle at it while walking away, and smile like a small kid with a new toy when putting my right foot down, even with the 1.0AT.

Also, a warm welcome to the VAG 2.0 always-on 12V socket haters club. I'm the self-appointed President of this esteemed club . You are not the only one here. The 12V socket is always on, the front 2 x USB ports are wired to door lock and the rear 2x usb ports are wired to ignition.

I have a dual ddpai z40 dashcam, and have managed to run a power cable from the rear USB port. I intend to post about the wiring sometime but your options are to use one of the USB C ports or get a hardwire kit wired to ignition or door lock. IMO the always-on implementation renders the 12v socket useless for me. Despite Skoda service centre's claim I am not comfortable leaving something plugged into an always on socket risking a flat battery. Cheers !

Last edited by Game_of_Roads : 2nd April 2023 at 01:53. Reason: typo
Game_of_Roads is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 13:45   #1177

Slavia/Virtus have scored 5 Star Rating in the GNCAP.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VWVirtus-SkodaSlavia-factsheet2023.pdf (1.56 MB, 197 views)
vigneash is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 08:37   #1178
BHPian

Upgraded from a Freestyle to a Slavia 1L AT little more than a month back. Have driven it about 3k kms already across trips to Mysore and Chennai and couldn't be happier.

The AC noise and power window niggles are present and need to visit service centre to get them corrected but otherwise it has been flawless. Love the comfort, luxurious feel and solidity along with the huge boot space.

Will write a detailed report a few months down the line.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_2168.jpg
batladanny is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 19:51   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What I have got installed in my car is an official Skoda accessory trumpet horn meant for this car. This comes with a bill and is also updated in the backend for any future references. So I am unsure why there would be a concern with warranty.

Yes the bumper had to be removed. But it doesn't make any difference in terms of looks or any issues like sound or creaking. Every fastener has been put back as it was before and there is no sign that the bumper was removed. Not sure why this apprehension since it's a regular job to remove and refit bumper.
What was the total amount including labour that you paid for the horn. The service center near me is asking about Rs 3k for it; Rs 1499 for the part & Rs 1500 for the labour. I find the labour charges very high.
Old 5th April 2023, 19:58   #1180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
What was the total amount including labour that you paid for the horn. The service center near me is asking about Rs 3k for it; Rs 1499 for the part & Rs 1500 for the labour. I find the labour charges very high.
Part was the same but labour was 900.

In other news, notice anything different?

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6175.jpeg

Sincere thanks to Sharon for figuring this out.
audioholic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 20:02   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Part was the same but labour was 900.

Attachment 2437341

Thanks, That was a quick reply!
different: The rpm meter in the style of supercars above speedometer
Old 5th April 2023, 20:11   #1182
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2437341

Wow, that's nice! Exactly what I am missing in that view during my running in period. How do we enable this?
Old 5th April 2023, 20:15   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Wow, that's nice! Exactly what I am missing in that view during my running in period. How do we enable this?
One click change which needs to be done in VCDS. We can do that near work someday if you are interested.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 20:25   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
One click change which needs to be done in VCDS. We can do that near work someday if you are interested.
Sure. Have driven down to Hyderabad for a couple of weeks. Will DM once I am back in Bangalore
Old 6th April 2023, 00:51   #1185

Quote:
Hey, not relevant to the discussion but wanted to know your experience with Vredestein tires and would you recommend them over the OEM ones ?

Also, appreciate your continuous involvement in the thread, would love to hear what's next for your Slavia

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks