Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 18:55   #1216
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
As per Autocar India news 10 inch screen along with 380 w sound is included in anniversary edition model. So that is good thing. What is the present wattage of sound system in existing style and ambition models of Slavia. Also can we fit the subwoofer in these models without voiding warranty.
Without the amplifier and the wiring harness you wouldn't be able to get the proper output of the sound system, and replacing the wiring harness is a big task, so I don't think there's a point in installing these speakers. And i think it would void the warranty as well.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 22:25   #1217
BHPian

I think the wiring is there in the boot as the subwoofer was installed in the spare tire in earlier models. So maybe only the unit needs to be installed. But not sure about the amplifier. Has anyone among the forum members installed these in their Slavia. I personally feel the quality of sound is just Ok,not too great. I have seen some reviewers highly praising sound quality of launch edition cars having amp and subwoofer.

Last edited by Sandeep500 : 14th April 2023 at 22:26.
Old 15th April 2023, 12:22   #1218
BHPian

Škoda India has increased their SMP packages from 24k to 37k-56k, which translates to 1.5x to 2.5x times in no time. I purchased a Slavia AT on around 25th Feb and due to an acute shortage of funds I postponed my plan to opt for SMP by a month.

Now when I contacted a Skoda dealer, i was informed about the new rates. I was taken aback and even mailed Škoda India to see if a goodwill discount can be provided. Instead of mailing me back, the dealer was made to call me and inform that the new SMP rates are fixed even if you bought the old spec car. (Bharat Stage 6.0 and not 6.2)

An increase wrt the inflation would have made sense. But an exponential increase in the costs points only at one thing, Škoda India are only retorting back to their old money minting techniques or worse, they're planning to increase the Service Costs exponentially as well.

Denial to give concessions based on their last month's SMP quotation on an older spec car and doubling the same, makes me think Škoda's rather hypocritical 2.0 plan to bring down the maintenance costs is probably just a sham.

I urge my fellow members and potential car buyers to consider this episode before zeroing on any Škoda car from Kushaq to Kodiaq and Superb.

Regards,

Dr Aviansh Chanana.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-b3ba934fe3f7477ab7522e2cf548683e.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3022.jpeg  

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 15th April 2023 at 12:37.
Old 15th April 2023, 18:12   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
Now when I contacted a Skoda dealer, i was informed about the new rates. I was taken aback and even mailed Škoda India to see if a goodwill discount can be provided. Instead of mailing me back, the dealer was made to call me and inform that the new SMP rates are fixed even if you bought the old spec car. (Bharat Stage 6.0 and not 6.2)
Denial to give concessions based on their last month's SMP quotation on an older spec car and doubling the same, makes me think Škoda's rather hypocritical 2.0 plan to bring down the maintenance costs is probably just a sham.
I don't think there is anything wrong with what Skoda communicated. As it is everywhere, price is at the point in time as decided by the organization and we need to make a decision based on that. Similar thing is ex showroom price, which is always price as of invoicing date. Unless Skoda has committed to you that they will provide you the maintenance package at the price of that date, nothing unethical from their side.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 18:30   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
nothing unethical from their side.
You didn't seem to get the point here. My point so happens to be that if they're increasing SMP's to double, so one would expect a similar trend in normal service costs.

But 2.0 stood for a low maintenance cost as well, AFAIK, which now seems to have faded away.

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 15th April 2023 at 18:35.
Old 15th April 2023, 18:40   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
Škoda India has increased their SMP packages from 24k to 37k-56k, which translates to 1.5x to 2.5x times in no time.
Are there any additions in parts (eg brake pads) in the package offered for 37k? The standard SMP I had opted for 24.5k in Feb'23 does not include brake pads, wipers etc. For the enhanced SMP (including brake pads etc), the price i think was around 43 or 44k (not able to recollect). These prices were applicable if I opted for the SMP within 34 days from the date of purchase. Else it was 28k & 46.5 respectively as per the Skoda official SMP brochure. An increase of 12k for the standard SMP may be because you are opting for it post 34 days from date of purchase. I am sure the price increase for standard SMP if bought within 34 days of the car purchase will not be 12k.

I don't think the service cost will increase. It's only a marketing gimmick as the reason to hike the SMP price may be because they might be offering this as a freebie for new car purchases to convince the customer on getting higher discounts but it affects existing owners who are opting for this post 1 month of the purchase. Existing owners who are not opting for it may not incur higher service costs. All companies resort to these kind of price hikes & tactics. Wouldn't blame Skoda for this.

A note for all - SMP should be bought within 34 days from the date of purchase if one does not want to pay more than the standard initial price for the same. If bought after 34 days the price is higher.

5th & 6th year extended warranty can be bought within 6 months from the date of purchase by paying the standard initial extended warranty price of 24.5k. Post which the price is higher.

And yes, ask for the SMP & extended warranty brochures as this has been clearly called out there. It's the dealership's responsibility too to share the same to a prospective or existing customer.

Last edited by Torque123 : 15th April 2023 at 18:52.
Torque123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 18:48   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
An increase of 12k for the standard SMP may be because you are opting for it post 34 days from date of purchase. I am sure the price increase for standard SMP if bought within 34 days of the car purchase will not be 12k.
No the increase was done on 1st April Pan-India for all cars, sold and unsold.
Old 16th April 2023, 22:25   #1223
BHPian

I got the car back from the workshop this Monday & I am glad the car is almost looking like a new one. I was supposed to actually get the car back last Friday. The car was also ready but upon inspection, I found 5-6 spots where the paint was over sprayed, and couple of places had dips in the paint. The Bodyshop advisor took back the car for rework & the whole bumper was repainted again. this took two more days. Now, only a small dent-like line remains in the lower end of the bumper which he is confident that will vanish after polishing. As the paint was new he requested me to visit after a week for the polishing work. I will be visiting this coming Tuesday.
I think I took a good decision to not get the rear quarter panel dented & repainted; the paint is intact & dent is small. My worry was that the work will not be as good as the factory finish plus they might have to remove a lot of things to work of it.

I got the horn replaced with a trumpet horn. It cost Rs1499 plus ~900 for the labor (The initial quote was Rs3k for both). It has made my life easier on the road as people do give side when they hear this horn . This horn should have been provided as a standard like VW/Skoda 1.0 cars.

Regarding insurance, I was a bit surprised that they didn't ask for any details of the bike/biker that hit the car. I had his bike no., photos, & insurance copy but none of this mattered. The insurance was settled swiftly; maybe not getting the rear quarter panel repainted helped the matter.
I have ordered a 70mai Dash Cam A400 Front + Rear. I was delaying its purchase & accident made me realize how important it's nowadays. I didn't opt for an expensive high-quality dashcam as I think it's important to capture the scene in good detail to prove your innocence in case of a serious accident. Advanced features like GPS, G-Shock, ADAS, etc are not much of use in IMO (GPS is built-in Skoda connect). Plus I don't expect Dashcam to last more than 2 years so no point in splurging for it.

The very next day itself I went on a long drive to Nandi Hills; the Slavia needed to stretch its legs and get a breath of fresh air after coming back from the hospital (service center).

The small line in the bumper inside the circle.

Skoda Slavia Review-20230407_134740.jpg
amit1agrawal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 16:26   #1224
BHPian

I concur on the necessity of dashcam, front and back. Have a slightly different option on choice of dashcam and longevity.

I've had a US bought dashcam for 7+ years now running fine on my older car and I strongly believe this is partly because it uses a Super-capacitor and not a Li-ion battery which degrades due to high temperature. A dashcam in India will most certainly be subjected to high temp unless you live in the Himalayas

I bought the DDPai Z40 dual (no gps) for ~10k INR and have it installed in my Slavia myself with power from the rear USB socket and am happy with it. The Z40 and DDPai in general use super capacitors and I would recommend it over a battery based dashcam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I have ordered a 70mai Dash Cam A400 Front + Rear.
Game_of_Roads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 17:39   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
I bought the DDPai Z40 dual (no gps) for ~10k INR and have it installed in my Slavia myself with power from the rear USB socket and am happy with it. The Z40 and DDPai in general use super capacitors and I would recommend it over a battery based dashcam.
Z40 was my first choice but dropped it after a recent lot of negative reviews on Amazon. My car is parked in the basement parking 99% of the time plus with the moderate Bangalore weather hopefully the battery won't die down soon. Recently my experience with expensive electronic items has not been good making me hesitant to spend much on them for now
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 22:04   #1226
BHPian

Hello all, does anyone know if Skoda sells underbody engine cover for Slavia as an accessory?
Old 17th April 2023, 23:14   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Hello all, does anyone know if Skoda sells underbody engine cover for Slavia as an accessory?
Unfortunately no, not a single India 2.0 car has it. But there's a bonnet sound insulation sheet available for Slavia and virtus if you're interested in that. Cost around 850 rs approx.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 11:47   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Unfortunately no, not a single India 2.0 car has it. But there's a bonnet sound insulation sheet available for Slavia and virtus if you're interested in that. Cost around 850 rs approx.
Thank you! I am fine with the NVH of 1.5, what I need is underbody engine protection as I will be using the car for highway trips exclusively.
Old 18th April 2023, 12:16   #1229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Thank you! I am fine with the NVH of 1.5, what I need is underbody engine protection as I will be using the car for highway trips exclusively.
Given that the car sits pretty high off the ground, you really need a huge stone or boulder to actually be able to cause damage to the oil pan or transmission, and in that case anyway an engine guard will hardly hold a candle against something that is large enough to cause damage. So I'm not sure if its that effective considering the high GC of the car.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 23:17   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Given that the car sits pretty high off the ground, you really need a huge stone or boulder to actually be able to cause damage to the oil pan or transmission, and in that case anyway an engine guard will hardly hold a candle against something that is large enough to cause damage. So I'm not sure if its that effective considering the high GC of the car.
The one I have on my Polo is quite sturdy, just for peace of mind as I know the car will be seeing a lot of remote places in the upper Himalayas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks