Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2023, 07:00   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
Hey.

I'm using the tyre size 195/65 R15 for my Slavia Ambition. The above size is for Slavia Active. I wanted a better ride Quality so i downgraded from the Ambition wheel size of 205/55 R16 to the above mentioned size.

The ride became cushy but i had to buy wider rims (6.5J) as compared to the stock 6J. The car though looks muscular with protruding rims, but i feel a certain side to side lateral movement when going over roads that have repair work done.

I wanted to know if that's a normal behaviour of the slavia or is it due to the wider alloys?

Also, can we adjust the dampers for Slavia to make it softer?

Any aftermarket soft suspensions available?
Regarding the sway, have you driven on the same stretch with the earlier wheels?

I see that you went for a wider 6.5J wheel putting on a 195 section tire when moving from a 6J wheel which already supported 205mm tire. I understand you had to do this since you're moving from 16 inch wheels to 15 inch wheels. May I know which brand of alloys you are using? Do you have the dimensions for them? Did you check whether the combination of differing width and wheel offset match the stock dimensions?

Playing with tire and wheel sizes is not a very straightforward game. Suspension tuning and geometry are usually finalised with a given tire size. When you move away from stock specifications, the suspension will not behave as expected.

If the dimensions are correct, the sway could be because of excess air pressure in the tires - please check the air pressure used for Slavia active. It could be due to higher air pressure.

Regarding softening of suspension, I'm surprised that you went for a Slavia instead of Ciaz. I've seen your previous posts and I see that most of your complaints are related to hard suspensions. The Ciaz is the softest of all but the Slavia isn't far behind. I suggest you to change your air pressure pump or the fuel station where you get the air pressure checked and see whether there is a difference. Else, I'm afraid, you've chosen the wrong car for your requirements.

You can change the shock absorbers with softer ones but it'll mess with the dynamics of the car which you might not like. I doubt there are any after market. It's usually the harder ones that are available.

Last edited by Turbohead : 29th April 2023 at 07:05.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 10:24   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Regarding the sway, have you driven on the same stretch with the earlier wheels?
Thank you for the reply.

I TD'ed Slavia multiple times along with Verna 2022, Baleno, Thar, Seltos, Sonet.

I never felt Slavia to be bone jarring if not as plush as my Corolla Altis or the Ciaz. But Ciaz had an unnecessary weight to steering which put me off.

Only when i took the delivery of the car and was bringing it home, I encountered a road with patch work done. When the tyres of particular side went over it, there was a sideways jolt. I reduced the PSI from 35 to 30 which helped.

Next day the car got transported to my college in Indore where i downsized to R15, hoping a bigger sidewall would ease off further. I wasn't aware that wider rims 6.5J would affect ride, that's still beyond my knowledge, which is my question. Is it worth spending on 6J rims again?

I'm now keeping 28 PSI against the suggested 33-35 PSI which is very less in itself.

Be it Delhi or Indore, the car has never been driven on same patches twice with different tyre sizes, hence I can't compare either of the two.

The suspension isn't stiff, only the swaying, which you correctly described is causing me fatigue over drives.

The alloys are incubus make, I'm not aware of the offset as such. Please enlighten about the same as well.
Didn't pay heed to it as till now my upsizing the sidewall or choosing smaller rims has always worked well for me. Even GTO advocates downsizing so i was always blindly up for it.

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img_2193.jpeg  

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 29th April 2023 at 10:28.
Old 29th April 2023, 15:25   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Got her home today, for the first time ever did not take the car to a bunk after delivery as Skoda gave car with half tank of fuel!
Congrats on the new set of wheels. This shade of blue looks the best on Slavia IMO. I would have opted for it if it was available last year. The car looks stunning my only wish was that the front grill could have been thinner.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 22:48   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
any plans of selling your polo?
No plans to sell the Polo, Slavia has replaced our Scross and will be doing highway duties.

==================

Got tyres changed to Continental UC6 today. Got a good buy back deal on Ceats.

Ended up driving her for 500+ KMs over the weekend and loved every bit of it!

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3923.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3913.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3921.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3924.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 01:49   #1265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The alloys are incubus make, I'm not aware of the offset as such. Please enlighten about the same as well.
Didn't pay heed to it as till now my upsizing the sidewall or choosing smaller rims has always worked well for me. Even GTO advocates downsizing so i was always blindly up .
I think upsizing the rim and downsizing the tyre is the culprit. You have added extra sidewall while opting for a wider rim which will stretch the sidewall. Neither with the Ceat nor with Vredestein I have faced issues with swaying. I believe this is due to sidewall flex. Not sure why you chose such a combination for a car which is well tyred IMO. You anyway already had alloys too from the factory.
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:25   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

Got her home today

Congratulation sinharishi on this addition to your European Galore

You have 2 of the best TSI engines <40 lakhs and a hassle free MT transmission to relish all that peformance

Wishing you a happy motoring and awaiting an ownership report

Last edited by Vik0728 : 2nd May 2023 at 10:26.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:31   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure why you chose such a combination for a car which is well tyred IMO. You anyway already had alloys too from the factory.
Thank you for the concern.

I felt that it was running a bit stiff with the R16's on. So i got 195/65 R15 tyre just like in the Active Variant and but i got these installed on 6.5J width alloys against the 6J width ones that are stock on the base Active Variant due to lack of options.

Also, I have downgraded before in a 2019 Corolla Altis and a Honda City 2016, where my experience was positive for ride Quality.

Now, please guide me if I should swap the R15 6.5J alloys to R15 6J alloys with 195/65 tyres as in the Active Variant or get back to the Style/Ambition's 205/55 6J R16 ?

I prefer a plush ride Quality over anything.

Thanks again.

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 2nd May 2023 at 10:35.
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:32   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks again.
Plush ride quality is a characteristic of the suspension and not the tyres. The tyres only help in ironing out the smaller imperfections on the road with the flexibility they offer and trying to solve the stiffness of the suspension with the tyres is the problem. You will end up getting fatter tyres, run lesser air pressure which in turn will make the tyres act as cushions. I am not sure of the width of the steel rim of the active but it must definitely not be 6.5J for the 195 section tyres. So either you should downsize your rim or upsize the tyre for the right tyre behaviour. But that would not solve your issue of the suspension being stiff.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 15:15   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, please guide me if I should swap the R15 6.5J alloys to R15 6J alloys with 195/65 tyres as in the Active Variant or get back to the Style/Ambition's 205/55 6J R16 ?

Thanks again.
Before you do anything crazy, I'd suggest you to check out a car with stock alloys and better tires - say Conti UC6. See if it's better.

I'm saying this because you are using some Apollo tires in your current configuration.

A good pair of tires usually improves ride quality.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 15:23   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am not sure of the width of the steel rim of the active but it must definitely not be 6.5J for the 195 section tyres. So either you should downsize your rim or upsize the tyre for the right tyre behaviour. But that would not solve your issue of the suspension being stiff.
Na na, the suspension isn't stiff per say. It's just the lateral swaying movement that feels bothersome.

Active variant has 6J rims wrapped with 195/65 R15, the exact tyre size i have, not the rim size though.

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 2nd May 2023 at 15:24.
Old 5th May 2023, 10:53   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
There seems to be an Android Auto incompatibility between VAG 2.0 8 inch infotainment system and OnePlus 11 (and maybe other OnePlus devices with Android 13. I have reported this on the Android Auto bug below, and looks like the are ~200 others reporting the same.
https://support.google.com/androidau...en-os-13?hl=en

Has anyone got their Android Auto (wired) to work on the OnePlus 11 and the VAG 2.0 quadruplet cars ?
Even I am facing the same issue after purchasing OnePlus 11. The Slavia that I have, has 8" head unit and thus supports only the wired Android Auto.
It appears that wired Android Auto is broken in Android 13. Lot of users with even different phones, on different cars are reporting this.
I have submitted a bug report from the phone directly to OnePlus. Hoping that this issue would get resolved in the Android 13.1 update that is supposed to be available for OnePlus 11 on 11th of May, OTA in India.

Google, what have you done?
driverabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 14:12   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
I have submitted a bug report from the phone directly to OnePlus.
I too submitted to OnePlus and also to Google on the Android auto support thread.

Luckily I managed to get a Moto MA-1 wireless adapter from the US which is on its way. Hopefully Wireless AA will have lesser incompatibility issues. Fingers crossed. Was on the fence about the wireless adapter earlier, but the incompatibility with OP11 pushed me to get it ..
Old 8th May 2023, 13:57   #1273
BHPian

Hello everyone
Has anyone taken delivery of 1.5 Ambition?
My family has recently started looking for a new car and I would love to have Slavia in our garage.
I am mainly looking on 1.5 Ambition only, because we generally tend to keep cars for long and I don’t want to regret lager on for not having opted for higher power model. We started the search with 10-12 lakh car but as the highway mileage as reported by many users is +/- 20kmpl, it seems good.

The style variant will be stretch of approximately 2 lakhs which we wanna avoid in any case scenario. And ambition is pretty well loaded and has all the features I require.

Got a quote of around 18.7 lakhs OTR DELHI from a skoda showroom near my place.
Old 8th May 2023, 18:42   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
18.7 lakhs OTR DELHI from a skoda showroom near my place.
For a similar amount you can get a pre-BS 6.2 1.5 Style MT. If manual it is, then check all dealers in Delhi NCR for an older spec 1.5 Style MT.

For your reference i got a 1.0 Ambition AT for 15L in feb.
Old 8th May 2023, 23:55   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
If manual it is, then check all dealers in Delhi NCR for an older spec 1.5 Style MT.
Oh okay
But I am mainly looking for AT only because of the heavy traffic in Delhi NCR.

I have seen some demo cars on olx which have done around 8-10K kms.
The price is cheaper but do you guys suggest going for them?
I guess I can push a good deal considering that it would be bs6.1 car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks