Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 18:04   #91
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

The 1.0L, 5-seater, petrol engine sedan priced at 15+ Lakh in an SUV, feature-rich, 7 seater world is hilarious. The quality and build standard they had once is no more and they have no special place in the auto world in India now.
Among the other players here,I believe there are many who are in an advantageous position for various reasons including having high safety standards - While the future of the VW group is clear and visible, it’s simply a message to all the existing VW/Skoda owners (including me).

Last edited by mail2vm : 1st March 2022 at 18:06.
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 19:27   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
To be honest, I don't think comparing the honda city with the 1.5 TSI slavia is a fair comparison. That engine is half a segment at least higher than the ivtec.
I hear you! And yes, 1.5 TSI is in a different class altogether. But my comments came from the disappointment I felt looking at the prices. Agreed that the 1.0 TSI is more comparable to the City, but even that is priced at a premium. The question is, would the masses pay that much extra for a brand (or be it their dealers) that is notorious for tendering inflated bills to their customers? Or would they still go for the reliable and stress-free yet fun to drive City. Time will tell.

Coming back to the 1.5 option, I for one still feel its not worth spending 5 lakh extra just for a powerful engine which by the way also comes mated with the disreputable DQ200 gearbox.

I do love Skoda cars but I am not trading my peace of mind just for a more powerful engine. And definitely not by paying more for it.
Kickdown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 20:06   #93
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Big butterfly radiator grille gets a chunky chrome border and vertical slats with piano black inserts. It will surely divide opinions:
Why does the upper grille get a bed of thorns ? looks odd.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 20:21   #94
BHPian

I have been driving a 2015 Vento TSI DSG (60k on the odo) , and was very keen to check out the new offering from Skoda , the Kushaq and Slavia.

These seem flimsy by comparison..no reassuring thud.. to start with, too many horror stories of stalled Kushaqs. Whats the upgrade? The gizmo's added loose their novelty in 2 or 3 months, and then dependability, squeak free , rattle free ride take over.

Lost me as a customer. Not even bothered to take at test drive. Now on the look out for a used Audi at the budget of the new Slavia/ Kushaq.. what other choice do I have.. to enjoy the solid feel with great driving dynamics?
daniel990 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 20:33   #95

My one cent on pricing.
I recently bought Honda City 5th Gen V CVT. It is quite a VFM offering. However I don't find an equivalent offering in Skoda Slavia at all.
So from features point of view Ambition AT is 13.59 L ex showroom is comparable to V CVT. But is much higher in price than city's 12.63L.
And probably more closer to VX CVT which is priced at 13.99L. But then VX CVT provides Sunroof as well. So feature wise it is more rich to Ambition AT and at equivalent cost after considering the latest discounts.
So if someone has to make a decision it will be much easier to make it in favour of City from VFM point of view across multiple variants.

Last edited by vineetklkrn : 1st March 2022 at 20:54.
vineetklkrn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 20:55   #96

I booked slavia style At from Brite Skoda but somehow not feeling happy about it. Car looks great from outside but inside it seems no different than my last car ciaz in plastic quality. Doesn't feel like an upgrade. Since booking ma following up on allotment details but no one has clue about it.

Strangely my heart is stuck with Scross, i took test drive on very bad patch of road and ride comfort has struck a cord in my heart. It is a old school model and peer pressure is der to buy something new. It drove similar to any automatic till 110 kmph ( max i could try on td). Not sure what to do..buy something just for outside look or buy Scross.
Old 1st March 2022, 21:00   #97
BHPian

Well came across this in Instagram. 1.0l turbo sounds more premium than 1000cc skoda! And pair this with price tag of 10 to 17 lakhs, does really add more to the insult
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot_20220301202249.jpg  

Aravind_M92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 00:55   #98

I personally believe that Skoda and VW should give the TC automatic with the 1.5 TSI as well. I would definitely want to buy the 1.5TSI but I absolutely do not want a DSG owing to their horrible reliability issues. VAG group's TC automatic is quite good as well, maybe not as good as DSG but ig difference wont be much noticeable in average real-world scenario.

What do y'all think? Should SKoda offer the TC with 1.5 TSI as well?
nd26 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 07:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

Is the Slavia so bad that people don't even want a test drive? I didn't feel the TBHP review to be negative at all.

Last edited by Turbohead : 2nd March 2022 at 07:24.
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 07:49   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel990 View Post
I have been driving a 2015 Vento TSI DSG (60k on the odo) , and was very keen to check out the new offering from Skoda , the Kushaq and Slavia.

These seem flimsy by comparison..no reassuring thud.. to start with, too many horror stories of stalled Kushaqs. Whats the upgrade?
Octavia is the next upgrade for existing Polo/Vento/Rapid owners. Slavia/Kushaq/Taigun fall in the same segment so they are not going to excite you.
tbppjpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 07:59   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Octavia is the next upgrade for existing Polo/Vento/Rapid owners. Slavia/Kushaq/Taigun fall in the same segment so they are not going to excite you.
Rightly said. Nothing short of a TSI Octavia is going to satisfy those moving upward from a Rapid / Vento. The Slavia is aimed at someone who’s just looking to enter the VAG mid-size sedan market and aren’t too picky with VFM. I hope that the Virtus provides better VFM at the end of the day, but knowing VAG, it’ll be more pricy compared to its twin aka the Slavia. Existing Rapid owners such as myself are in a dilemma.
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:22   #102
BHPian

Seems like a nice car, this Skoda SX4.
karanddd is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:55   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steer-safe View Post
Not sure what to do..buy something just for outside look or buy Scross.
If I am out there shopping for my next car the only things that will put Slavia out of the list is -
1)Raised GC, to be honest GC offered in Rapid is enough for me (but for some GC is of prime importance as they want to fly over speed breakers without slowing down, would like to mention here something that I read here on this forum - 'Slow down at speed breakers, they are there for some reason', but some of my friends want higher GC as they can't spot breakers on time (don't know what % of attention they are devoting to driving when doing triple digits on speedo)).
2)Pricing of variants,
Rest other things are manageable. Still I will neglect above points if the drive strikes a chord (and I believe it will for sure)

In your case I will say go with your heart not mind while making the final decision, mind will always confuse you but heart - never.
any23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
If I am out there shopping for my next car the only things that will put Slavia out of the list is -
1)Raised GC, to be honest GC offered in Rapid is enough for me (but for some GC is of prime importance as they want to fly over speed breakers without slowing down
+1, this is one put off for me too irrespective of how much ever practical it is. If at all I need to pick something < 25 lakhs will go for 1.5 TSI and lower the car to a Rapid / Octavia previous gen level. That much ground clearance is enough for me, even after being from Bangalore
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:27   #105
BHPian

The lack of any sort of insulation in the engine bay, and missing underbody protection as well, rubs me the wrong way.
Especially since even cheaper cars get both or one of these things now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks