Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 23:02   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Slavia real world fuel economy tested and reported by ACI:
My i20 IVT with 1.2 NA engine gives me around 8.6 kmpl in the city in regular Bangalore traffic. Maximum I got till now driving in empty ring road (never taken to highways) is around 12.7 kmpl. So Slavia numbers are not bad for a bigger car and powerful engines
sunikkat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 23:30   #287
BHPian

Slavia TC vs City CVT

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 5th April 2022 at 23:46.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 09:00   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Review is as expected - City a better city car due to NA engine and Slavia a more fun to drive option. But as a overall package looks like Slavia is better.

Good to see what Skoda has achieved as a product with both Slavia and Kushaq (except the niggles). Interior quality and overall build not on par with old VAGs but still with the competition (Astor is an exception on interior quality). Overall external build is still better than the competition. And staying to the pedigree these cars are the best in ride and handling and fun to drive quotient in the respective segments. So not surprising they have managed to get a certain group of customers.
Slavia has got a good start considering the segment it is in and it has to compete with City brand in the segment. Hope they retain these numbers and do not have niggles like earlier Kushaq’s. This along with Virtus might re-ignite the mid size sedan segment.

Last edited by sunikkat : 6th April 2022 at 09:06.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 10:38   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Mission accomplished by Skoda, to be in the top 3 best selling sedans?

Honda City holds on to its crown and expected to consolidate as its Hybrid variant to breaks cover later this month.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1729
Size:  22.5 KB

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:44   #290
BHPian

Quote:

Honda City holds on to its crown and expected to consolidate as its Hybrid variant to breaks cover later this month.

Attachment 2293476

If the Virtus can match these numbers, then the VW group would be selling 5k+ sedans monthly which makes me very, very happy.
sid3091 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 16:52   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post

A small defect(?) in the TD car

After after completing the test drive I parked the car and opened the bonet to have a casual look at the engine and my (and more to SAs) surprise I saw a few spots of oil leak (?). It was coal dust mixed with oil at one spot and water at another but I was unable to find the source at that. I have attached the pictures current slavia owners or kushak owners please comment do you see have you seen anything like this in your cars. There is a chance it was something totally harmless because there was condensation from a nearby AC coolant pipe but again it was present on the right side too where there was no such pipe. I remember it certainly had some oil in it but could double check as I was in a hurry. I am not sure that the car had some problem and don't want to discourage a potential buyer. I am just posting this here to know what this is.
I think first photo has merely condensation mixed with coal dust from Dhanbad-Bokaro region, I see similar area (condensation from AC pipes) on my Vento TSI getting more brownish deposits post cleaning in Bengaluru, I have seen similar deposits in cars when I travel out of the BKSC town more towards the coalfields. The second photo is not so clear but it shows some oil/grease I guess, difficult to say (intentionally greased ?).
Off-topic but refreshing to see 4F c-Type pictures after long in the car shots, made me nostalgic as I spent first 20 years of my life in the same colony.

Last edited by Rahul_ : 6th April 2022 at 16:54.
Old 6th April 2022, 18:19   #292
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2293476

Very good numbers by Slavia
Considering the Kushaq settling down at 2.5k MoM, Slavia is doing way better and the graph in coming months will bridge the gap between City and Honda.

Currently 1.5L dispatches are very low and it will be interesting to see the final showdown in May numbers once City HeV and Slavia 1.5 also add up to the overall total. We also have Virtus coming into the show from May.

Glad that sedans are finding their own sweet spot in that busy SUV market.
Super season for sedans!! Kudos to City, Slavia, Virtus, Verna & Ciaz
joeva1706 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 21:32   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda Slavia real world fuel economy tested and reported by ACI:

Attachment 2292429

Source:
My Driving isn't very aggressive and I prefer driving between 80-100. My daily commute is between 2 cities (approx 50km). So 80% driving time is highway and 20% is city. I easily clock around 18 kmpl. Havent been to a long trip and neither have I done a tank full analysis. Here is the data from a recent commute.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-whatsapp-image-20220406-21.30.58.jpeg  

travelex is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 22:25   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
My Driving isn't very aggressive and I prefer driving between 80-100. My daily commute is between 2 cities (approx 50km). So 80% driving time is highway and 20% is city. I easily clock around 18 kmpl. Havent been to a long trip and neither have I done a tank full analysis. Here is the data from a recent commute.
I always get better FE than what Autocar India seems to get with turbo engines. I drive with a light foot, but it seems these guys are flooring it at all times.
Old 7th April 2022, 12:54   #295
BHPian

Quote:

This is very encouraging for all potential buyers especially who were concerned about the FE side of things. The auto stop/start technology feature will also help and definitely if one drives in a thoughtful and sensible manner they are rewarded with even better FE.
Old 7th April 2022, 13:02   #296
BHPian

Has anyone opted for the service package? 25000 for 4 services?
What are the pros and cons?
Old 7th April 2022, 16:22   #297

Quote:
Agreed. I got around 20 as per Mid travelling to Mysore, and 18.5 as per Mid travelling back from Mysore. It's definitely not as low as Autocar testing. To me cardekho results seems to make more sense. I generally have a light foot.
Old 7th April 2022, 16:40   #298
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
I think first photo has merely condensation mixed with coal dust from Dhanbad-Bokaro region, I see similar area (condensation from AC pipes) on my Vento TSI getting more brownish deposits post cleaning in Bengaluru, I have seen similar deposits in cars when I travel out of the BKSC town more towards the coalfields. The second photo is not so clear but it shows some oil/grease I guess, difficult to say (intentionally greased ?).
They drove the car through coal mine area while coming to Bokaro and the deposit was definitely coal dust. While some part of it was water mixed with coal dust just below the AC pipe, there was oil around a bolt as I have shown in attached picture marked by yellow area.Also,both sides had this deposit. Is there any requirement of oiling greasing in that part?You might be able to relate with me when I say that if this kind of oil leak(?) happens to my car I will have to go atleast 70km if it's a Skoda and only 2km if it's a Maruti. That is why people in small towns are hesitant in buying these supposedly premium brands[/quote]

Quote:
Off-topic but refreshing to see 4F c-Type pictures after long in the car shots, made me nostalgic as I spent first 20 years of my life in the same colony.
Great to find someone from my locality in tbhp.There are only a few bhpians here.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img20220404134551__01__01.jpg  

Old 8th April 2022, 11:25   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
The City makes a very strong claim to be a better city car. Let's see which one I go with.
Cheers.
I would buy the City for its engine alone. I am partial to naturally aspirated powertrains and the City's DOHC VTEC is one of the finest out there. It's not much of a slouch either.
Having recently driven a friend's 5th Gen City, in the maddening traffic of Kolkata, from Shyambazar in the far north to Lake Market in South Calcutta, I find the City's seats to be very supportive and sympathetic to my low back pain. So much so, that this is one of the rare cars I could drive with utmost comfort, without having to squiggle my posterior & shifting my weight on the seat while driving.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 12:04   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
I would buy the City for its engine alone. I am partial to naturally aspirated powertrains and the City's DOHC VTEC is one of the finest out there. It's not much of a slouch either.
Having recently driven a friend's 5th Gen City, in the maddening traffic of Kolkata, from Shyambazar in the far north to Lake Market in South Calcutta, I find the City's seats to be very supportive and sympathetic to my low back pain. So much so, that this is one of the rare cars I could drive with utmost comfort, without having to squiggle my posterior & shifting my weight on the seat while driving.
I understand what you are saying. The seats of the city are indeed very supportive, while the naturally aspirated engine is as smooth as it gets. My one main concern with the city though is the ground clearance. Having experienced the inundation in Kolkata monsoons last year, along with the very average road conditions you encounter if you venture anywhere remotely outside the city(or even within it at several places), I am very skeptical of the ground clearance on offer in the city. However, I also read somewhere that the laden Ground Clearance of the Slavia is only 140mm! That has really put a spanner in the works for me.

Most Viewed