Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2022, 15:45   #331
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Both the engines are gems. The TSI is quicker to 100 kmph but the 1.6 TDI felt faster and was more enjoyable to drive.
I too have a very similar opinion. No doubt 1.0 TSI is fastest among 1.5/1.6tdi, 1.2 tsi, acceleration figures reflect that. 1.0 TSI polo does 0-100 in 9.5 secs.

I have driven all 4 iterations of Polo/Vento - 1.0 Tsi, 1.2 TSI, 1.5 TDI and 1.6TDI

1.2 tsi is no where close. 1.6 was brutal in the midrange, it had the best kick in the pants feeling.

1.0 tsi has great midrange, maybe not as ballistic as 1.6. The top end (4k rpm onwards) in 1.0 tsi is very fast. way faster than 1.6tdi, all the way upto 6k rpm.

Fuel efficiency is pretty good in 1.0 tsi. If I drive fast in city it returns around 10kmpl, sedately 13-15kmpl depending on traffic. On highway its commendable on sedate drives, I've seen MID reaching 23-25kmpl in no time while crusing at 90kmpl. Have driven it pretty fast too on highways, but never seen anything below 15kmpl.
divyadeeptsi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 18:29   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Is the Skoda Slavia 1.5 TSI the spiritual successor to the first gen Octavia vRS?

Attachment 2298192

https://Youtu.be/8zbtCyyROK4

Skoda will hopefully add the much needed masala (missing in the current 1.5 TSI) in the Monte Carlo when they might launch one in 2023!!

It will truly be the vRS successor in all aspects!!
Old 19th April 2022, 19:24   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda and Volkswagen ramp up production at Chakan facility.

Name:  20220419061437_20211119060943_Skoda_Slavia_nose.jpg
Views: 1619
Size:  89.5 KB

Quote:
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India (SAVWIPL) has introduced a third manufacturing shift at its Chakan plant in Pune, Maharashtra, to cater to the rising demand for Skoda-VW group cars in India.

Chakan plant currently produces the VW Taigun, Virtus, and Skoda Kushaq, Slavia
Skoda recorded its highest ever monthly and quarterly sales in 2022
VW Virtus to launch on June 9
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th April 2022 at 19:25.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 19:55   #334
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyadeeptsi View Post
1.0 tsi has great midrange, maybe not as ballistic as 1.6. The top end (4k rpm onwards) in 1.0 tsi is very fast. way faster than 1.6tdi, all the way upto 6k rpm.

Fuel efficiency is pretty good in 1.0 tsi. If I drive fast in city it returns around 10kmpl, sedately 13-15kmpl depending on traffic. On highway its commendable on sedate drives, I've seen MID reaching 23-25kmpl in no time while crusing at 90kmpl. Have driven it pretty fast too on highways, but never seen anything below 15kmpl.
More than a year back, a test drive of Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI just blew me away, as I had only slightly above average expectations as I own a Honda City 1.5 ivtec. The only reason which was pulling me back from even test driving a Skoda Rapid was the thought of 'downgrading to a 1 litre from a 1.5 litre', but boy that 1.0 TSI is some black magic. Just one test drive made me buy a Skoda Rapid 1 year back, I did not even consider the lack of space compared to my Honda City. I am loving each and every drives in my Rapid now, the way it picks up speed is insane for a 1 litre. Driving my Honda City seems like driving a much less powerful car. Now you may be thinking 'so you don't like your Honda City anymore'? I still love my City, the top end is still unmatchable fun. The way these two engines deliver fun is different, we just need to understand their capabilities and weak points.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 21:15   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
the way it picks up speed is insane for a 1 litre. Driving my Honda City seems like driving a much less powerful car.
True ! I totally agree.

I have driven almost every other car under 25 lacs, and there is hardly any other car available that pulls in mid/top end like the 1 ltr tsi polo or rapid does. On highways it’s a point and shoot game, hardly any car is able to keep up if one uses the right pedal generously

This engine is truly in a league of its own, especially for those who bought Polo/Rapid the pricing was very competitive for car with such a mighty engine. Newer cars aka MQBIN are slightly slower in 1.0 TSI Avtar due to higher weight, and not as VFM too.
Old 19th April 2022, 21:33   #336
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
What a pathetic way to compare these two cars - just driving in straight lines ONLY ? No mention of handling, and an academic mention of steering difference without driving on even one proper corner. So much focus on the least interesting aspect : 0-100 timings.
Old 20th April 2022, 17:09   #337
BHPian

Just spoke to a couple of dealers in Delhi, and they're saying it'll take me 4-5 months to get an automatic slavia be it 1.0 or 1.5. What the hell is going on with these guys - Do they not want to sell cars?
Old 21st April 2022, 09:56   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
My Driving isn't very aggressive and I prefer driving between 80-100. My daily commute is between 2 cities (approx 50km). So 80% driving time is highway and 20% is city. I easily clock around 18 kmpl. Havent been to a long trip and neither have I done a tank full analysis. Here is the data from a recent commute.
18kmpl is great for a turbo engine. How come the same engine in a detuned state in the Polo TSI gives me max 15 kmpl on highways?
Old 21st April 2022, 10:42   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Just spoke to a couple of dealers in Delhi, and they're saying it'll take me 4-5 months to get an automatic slavia be it 1.0 or 1.5. What the hell is going on with these guys - Do they not want to sell cars?
There is a shortage of components due to the ongoing War situation and covid lockdown in parts of Europe and Shanghai as well. I also heard from a dealer in Pune that 3 months is a minimum waiting period for 1.0 Style and Ambition as they are most in demand and that too Carbon Steel and Crystal Blue.

Hopefully it should improve as they have added a 3rd production shift in Chakan plant as they have Virtus coming on 9th June. Also, they will be roughly dispatching ~ 10-12k units of Kushaq, Slavia, Taigun and Virtus combined from July if not earlier.
Old 21st April 2022, 12:11   #340

Yesterday got a call from the dealership, they said that the production of 1.5 TSI will only start from next month. So there will be some delay.
Old 21st April 2022, 13:01   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeva1706 View Post
There is a shortage of components due to the ongoing War situation and covid lockdown in parts of Europe and Shanghai as well. I also heard from a dealer in Pune that 3 months is a minimum waiting period for 1.0 Style and Ambition as they are most in demand and that too Carbon Steel and Crystal Blue.

Hopefully it should improve as they have added a 3rd production shift in Chakan plant as they have Virtus coming on 9th June. Also, they will be roughly dispatching ~ 10-12k units of Kushaq, Slavia, Taigun and Virtus combined from July if not earlier.
Disappointing. They said I can have the manual style variants of both engines in a month.
Old 21st April 2022, 13:09   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
18kmpl is great for a turbo engine. How come the same engine in a detuned state in the Polo TSI gives me max 15 kmpl on highways?
It doesn't. When driven conservatively on XP95, 18+ on the highway is easily achievable on the Polo. 21.5 (on the MID) is the best I've managed on a 250+ km highway run.
t-b0ne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 19:14   #343
BHPian

So I am inclined towards the 1.5 TSI DSG. I wanted an automatic and reports suggest the DSG in its new avatar is also not reliable. Went for a test drive of the Honda city. Unimpressive on many levels. The back up camera is not bright at all, how could they put something like that in a 17 lakh rupee car. The under thigh support on the drivers seat was inadequate. Then I went and took a test drive of the Skoda Slavia 1.0 AT and I did not feel laggy at all. Since my commute is going to be in Delhi traffic AT is a must and Slavia 1.0 has that kick to it. I am almost sold on the Slavia.

Honda sales rep informed me that City Hybrid would be priced at 22 lakhs and above. I just want to wish Honda luck.
Bimmer_Sage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 22:42   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

There is still no sign of me getting a car allocated. Now my existing car is already committed to be sold to my friend who is eagerly waiting for it, but I dont have the replacement home yet and cant do with one lesser car at home. Feeling stuck at this situation and helpless since there is no alternative apart from the City which I can manage to get within short notice and I really dont want to drive around a City CVT in place of the 1.5Tsi. Hyundais and Kias were an alternative due to the equipment levels and better interior quality as well as offering a turbocharged petrol with DCT. But they also command huge waiting periods and are months down the line to get one home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Sage View Post
So I am inclined towards the 1.5 TSI DSG. I wanted an automatic and reports suggest the DSG in its new avatar is also not reliable. .
I am curious to know more about this. Where is it mentioned that the new DSG is also unreliable?
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 22:53   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There is still no sign of me getting a car allocated. Now my existing car is already committed to be sold to my friend who is eagerly waiting for it, but I dont have the replacement home yet and cant do with one lesser car at home. Feeling stuck at this situation and helpless since there is no alternative apart from the City which I can manage to get within short notice and I really dont want to drive around a City CVT in place of the 1.5Tsi.
As you already know, from fun to drive factor City CVT will be no match to Slavia 1.5, so wouldnt be a right decision if you settle for lesser at this stage. If you get City now, once the supply chain is back to normal you are most likely going to regret. I would suggest give it some more time and see how things settle down.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks