Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2022, 04:29   #346
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

I am curious to know more about this. Where is it mentioned that the new DSG is also unreliable?[/quote]

I was reading the predicament of the gentleman in this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-page-4-a.html (Frustrated with VW's inability to fix my Tiguan Allspace DSG. EDIT: 2nd DSG failure (page 4))

I find it scary!
Old 22nd April 2022, 10:47   #347
BHPian

Had some time to kill so did a couple of TDs yesterday.

First TD of the day:
Wanted to try the manual 1.5 to compare with my Tjet but had to settle for the only car available, the 1.5 DSG.

1. Normal city driving feels fine, and the throttle response was good but nowhere close to my remapped Linea. It moves when pushed but engine is very noisy when revs build, and it isn't a nice sound like the 1.0L. In comparison, my Linea is far more refined through the rev range.

2. Brakes on the Linea have more feel and initial bite than the Slavia. I guess that's also down to the 4 vs 2 discs.

3. Steering is very light to me coming from a HPS. The MG ZS had more feel if comparing EPS.

4. Ride is firm, but similar to the Linea's. It certainly rocks a lot less than a High GC Linea at slow speeds.

5. Nothing really to complain about percieved interior quality, but I still hate the slider AC controls. I also didn't care for the digital instrument cluster (the MG ZS which I TD immediately after has a much nicer setup IMHO)

6. Front seats were comfy for my build and found it very easy to find a comfortable driving position.

7. S mode was a little too aggressive for city driving.

8. The gap between the tyre and top of the wheel well is huge. I thought the high GC Linea was bad, but the Slavia takes the crown.

9. The DSG still hesitates when shifting down at slow speeds. I personally find this very annoying.

10. The 1.5 manual is about 20L on road and the DSG 22L, Bangalore.
keroo1099 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 11:44   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Had some time to kill so did a couple of TDs yesterday.
Linea TJet is such a nice driver's car that it's very difficult to upgrade from it. I have been searching for a Linea replacement since I sold it 4 years back & couldn't find anything this side of 20L (or shall I say 30L). Slavia comes close to it in terms of fun to drive factor & betters it in ride comfort & seating plus all the bells & whistles. The DSG is slow off the line but picks up speed once past 30; maybe Skoda did this to save the clutch. It would definitely be faster than Linea on the highway (+35 bhp & +43nm torque on Slavia vs unmapped Tjet). It's actually a boon in bumper-bumper Bangalore traffic (1.0 AT creep function is too aggressive and I had to keep one foot on the brake to make sure it doesn't rear-end the car in front).

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd April 2022 at 12:04. Reason: For ease of reading, especially from a mobile device, please do not quote the whole long post. Thank you!
amit1agrawal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:52   #349
BHPian

Hi guys,
Just completed the PDI of my crystal blue slavia 1.5 TSI MT. Booked through pps Skoda Bangalore. Luckily they had one in stock and ready for delivery. Delivery planned for next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-20220422_122647.jpg  

fulcrum29 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 13:01   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Sage View Post
I am curious to know more about this. Where is it mentioned that the new DSG is also unreliable?
I was reading the predicament of the gentleman in this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-page-4-a.html (Frustrated with VW's inability to fix my Tiguan Allspace DSG. EDIT: 2nd DSG failure (page 4))

I find it scary![/quote]
Thats a different transmission my friend. From what I have been told the DQ200 is reworked for Indian market. Since the Tiguan is a CBU, there would not have been much of an adaptation done. My cousin has this car and has done 20k kms in little more than a year and hasnt faced these issues in his Tiguan.

I would be curious to know how this 'reworked' DQ200 fares in the newer vehicles.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 13:12   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thats a different transmission my friend. From what I have been told the DQ200 is reworked for Indian market. Since the Tiguan is a CBU, there would not have been much of an adaptation done. My cousin has this car and has done 20k kms in little more than a year and hasnt faced these issues in his Tiguan.

I would be curious to know how this 'reworked' DQ200 fares in the newer vehicles.
This is quite reassuring if it is a different transmission because I really really want a 1.5 TSI but it has to be an automatic and I don’t have the luxury to keep shuttling between work and the SKODA service Centre.
Old 22nd April 2022, 14:00   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Sage View Post
I am curious to know more about this. Where is it mentioned that the new DSG is also unreliable?
I find it scary!
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
DSGs will anyway fail. Having a DSG equipped car for long term use is a very bad idea. It's a use and throw gearbox and prospective customers should ideally treat it as such.

Great car to have, if you're someone who changes cars every few years.

Get the MT or Torque Converter if you want long term reliability.
Old 22nd April 2022, 14:18   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Linea TJet is such a nice driver's car that it's very difficult to upgrade from it. I have been searching for a Linea replacement since I sold it 4 years back & couldn't find anything this side of 20L (or shall I say 30L).
Agree 100% on the trying to find a decent upgrade after owning the TJet. I'm dreading the day I will have to let mine go.

Quote:
Slavia comes close to it in terms of fun to drive factor & betters it in ride comfort & seating plus all the bells & whistles. The DSG is slow off the line but picks up speed once past 30; maybe Skoda did this to save the clutch.
I haven't driven the Slavia on the highway so won't comment on how it compares to the Linea, but the low speed ride in the city is as good as a Low GC Linea's.

Quote:
It would definitely be faster than Linea on the highway (+35 bhp & +43nm torque on Slavia vs unmapped Tjet). It's actually a boon in bumper-bumper Bangalore traffic (1.0 AT creep function is too aggressive and I had to keep one foot on the brake to make sure it doesn't rear-end the car in front).
Does top speed really matter? To me the more important factor is how easy is it to drive on the highway, and I still haven't found a petrol car with the effortless midrange torque of the TJet.

Won't argue that an automatic makes a lot more sense in senseless Bangalore traffic and roads.

Good luck on your finding your next upgrade.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 19:58   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum29 View Post
Delivery planned for next week.
Heartily congratulation!
Fantastic purchase, wish you many many kms of happiness!
Please do share your ownership review as there aren't many takers of 1.5 MT but I for one am craving!
shishir333 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 10:20   #355
BHPian

Both cars being the same, Which one should someone in Bangalore consider from a service perspective? Coming from a Maruti how much should one expect as annual maintenance? Thanks!
Old 24th April 2022, 21:43   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Both cars being the same, Which one should someone in Bangalore consider from a service perspective? Coming from a Maruti how much should one expect as annual maintenance? Thanks!
By both cars I'm assuming you are talking about Virtus and Slavia. Regarding service costs, Skoda and volkswagen have launched very economical service packs with the launch of Kushaq, 25k for 4 years of maintenance which includes all the Consumables and labour charges for yearly maintenance. During offer times people have got these packs for 16k as well.

So if you divide 25k by 4 it comes down to 6250rs, I think it is the cheapest for any car(in the same price segment) in our market. And you have to remember that Škoda-Volkswagen have 15000 kilometers service interval, whereas other cars have 7500 or 10000 kilometers interval. Combined this with 4 years of standard warranty and 2 years of extended warranty you are getting a very good package.

Regarding which brand has better service in your city let others help you with that.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 12:15   #357
BHPian

Is any owner (with a 1.0 engine) facing AC problems in the Slavia? It trips in bumper to bumper traffic or when the revs are less than 1,200rpm. The blower starts throwing warm air.
Old 26th April 2022, 08:11   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
Is any owner (with a 1.0 engine) facing AC problems in the Slavia? It trips in bumper to bumper traffic or when the revs are less than 1,200rpm. The blower starts throwing warm air.
Yeah this happens when the engine auto shuts down when car is in neutral. You can prevent this by turning off auto engine shut button, it's above the passenger seat ventilation button
ZedXPro95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 11:47   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedXPro95 View Post
Yeah this happens when the engine auto shuts down when car is in neutral. You can prevent this by turning off auto engine shut button, it's above the passenger seat ventilation button
That's not what I meant. I mean when the car is crawling in bumper to bumper traffic - does the AC give up?
Old 26th April 2022, 12:07   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
That's not what I meant. I mean when the car is crawling in bumper to bumper traffic - does the AC give up?
Hope its not the engine/coolant heat which is triggering that. Or some sensor going kaput or malfunction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks