Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2022, 16:43   #406
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

I did a quick check on my nearest dealer in Pune Garve Skoda who told me that currently they are prioritizing the 1.0 L engine, but they have got more than expected demand for 1.5 L ~ 30% bookings and so they have increased the production capacity which will substantially reduce the waiting periods.

Currently, for 1.0 L the Carbon steel color is the most in demand followed by Candy white & Crystal blue with waiting periods up to 2 months from booking.

They have also launched the Active Peace and Ambition Classic to cover the chip shortage issues which is targeted at pure buyers who want the vehicle for the sheer engine performance and can do away with the cosmetics.

I personally saw the Kushaq variants which looked value for money and probably they will do the same with Slavia in another few quarters before a Monte Carlo will be rolled out.
Old 11th May 2022, 18:13   #407
BHPian

Hi guys,
A silly doubt, maybe some other slavia owners can help me out. How do I access my trip computers? I have seen the Taiguns infotainment having options for since start,since refuel and long term for the driving data. I couldn't find the same on my slavia. I have only since start. Any idea how to use the trip computer if at all?
Old 11th May 2022, 20:32   #408
BHPian

I booked the Slavia 1.5 DSG Carbon Steel at the time of launch (Nov 2021) at RAJA SKODA, Bangalore, couple of months later when Salvia was displayed in the showroom (sometime 21st Feb 2022) I was bowled over by the red color but having another Innova Crysta in Wildfire red pulled me down to sticking to the earlier choice of Carbon Steel. As weeks went by took the delivery of the Car on 30th March 2022, the booking to delivery of the car process was absolutely fantastic (Anitha the sales manager had a pretty good team with customer focus).

Soon after the delivery of the car I did a trip Tamilnadu and couple of short trips in and around Bangalore, I should admit the drive of the Salvia 1.5 DSG is amazingly smooth and mightily powerful, so power does come with a caveat of Fuel efficiency. I thoroughly love the Salvia ! As of today its 1500 kms on ODO and FE for now is around 8 to 10 kmpl

Being a Michelin freak for better handling changed the stock tyres to the Pilot Sport 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-slavia_afterchangeoftyres.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia_backsidelook.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia_frontlook.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia_sidelook.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia_poojai.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia_michelinpiot4.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia_ceatsecuredrive.jpg  

XUV500_BLR is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 00:44   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum29 View Post
Hi guys,
A silly doubt, maybe some other slavia owners can help me out. How do I access my trip computers? I have seen the Taiguns infotainment having options for since start,since refuel and long term for the driving data. I couldn't find the same on my slavia. I have only since start. Any idea how to use the trip computer if at all?
Hi Falcrum29,

Happy to help here.

It's a very interesting question you have put on. This is very basic thing i feel skoda has either missed or we are having difficulty adapting too.

So to access it like Kushaq, you will have to simply swipe left on your main infotainment screen. You will see driving data. Just click on driving data and you will be greeted with the same screen like Kushaq. That is the access where you can see 3 options - since start - since refuel- since long term

Now if you wish to reset, you can do so by going into the settings button on infotainment screen.

Just go to settings - car - instrument cluster - reset since start / since longterm.

And done. Hope this helps. Keep us posted and let us know if you are having troubles to do this. I am just do a short video for understanding.

Happy Slavia
Ayush_atish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 16:33   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post
Being a Michelin freak for better handling changed the stock tyres to the Pilot Sport 4.
Congratulations on the new ride! Carbon Steel looks great in shaded area. It took us some time to decide between CS and Red colour.
I have booked a Red 1.5 DSG on 20th March. The delivery is getting delayed week after week. As per latest input by SA, Red colour is being manufactured vin fewer numbers (in 1.5 DSG avataar) as there is little demand for this colour. He has a white readily available but the better half vetoed against it ( not that I like it). The latest estimate as per him that my car will be delivered by month end; fingers crossed.

Did you notice any improvements after changing the tyres. How much did it cost you?
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 10:16   #411
BHPian

link
Skoda Slavia & Kushaq Owners In India Facing AC Issues
Skoda Slavia Review-a7451f822eb24c578f35ec19ac3cdaab.png

Skoda Slavia Review-6de90666baff4f1cacc54583f596e8a3.png
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-b218765685ed4c4ebed7a32e0c954795.png  

gjnnbagal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 10:53   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I have booked a Red 1.5 DSG on 20th March. The delivery is getting delayed week after week.
The only difference between you and me is that I have booked the 1.0 in Red and have received exactly the same response from the dealer. At the time of booking i.e 16th March, I was told that the waiting period will be 4 weeks which is now approaching 8 weeks and there is no update at all
rahil_29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 10:57   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
As a Slavia owner hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I have been reading about the AC issue a lot on the forum. It is very concerning that people are facing such issues on the car that they have recently bought and hope that Skoda takes note and fixes these issues.
Old 13th May 2022, 11:38   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post

Soon after the delivery of the car I did a trip Tamilnadu and couple of short trips in and around Bangalore, I should admit the drive of the Salvia 1.5 DSG is amazingly smooth and mightily powerful, so power does come with a caveat of Fuel efficiency. I thoroughly love the Salvia ! As of today its 1500 kms on ODO and FE for now is around 8 to 10 kmpl
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum29 View Post
Hi guys,
Did a minor cosmetic upgrade today. Got the roof and ORVM's wrapped in gloss black. Uploading pics clicked in the shop. Looking good in my opinion. Please let me know what you think...
Congrats on your 1.5s. How is the AC performance? Is the AC issue present in your cars too? Based on my test drive I only noticed that the 1.0 had a poor AC. The 1.5 had a decent one, not a chiller of an AC though. Is it the same with your cars too considering you have done a lot of highway runs already?

After a lot of arm twisting, got myself a car allocated this week. Would be taking delivery next week. Very limited stock of 1.5 DSGs arriving at the yard.

Last edited by audioholic : 13th May 2022 at 11:39.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 11:53   #415
BHPian

The AC performance issue is very concerning for all existing and potential buyers. Can all existing Skoda Kushaq and Slavia buyers provide some real feedback on this? If they are facing this issue, did the service workshop attend and provide a permanent fix here?
Old 13th May 2022, 12:10   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeva1706 View Post
The AC performance issue is very concerning for all existing and potential buyers. Can all existing Skoda Kushaq and Slavia buyers provide some real feedback on this? If they are facing this issue, did the service workshop attend and provide a permanent fix here?
Having driven my Kushaq 1.5TSI MT for more than 11k and also being exposed to the coastal humid climate, I would say AC performance is decent but not the best in the class, and it is definitely better than that of 1.0TSI. Cross-posting my observation with regard to AC performance in 1.0TSI in Kushaq from my ownership thread (Škoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI MT Ownership Review | My Crossover Story)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhawk View Post
Add to that it was midday with blazing sun, AC performance wasn`t really convincing, even with the temperature set to 20C, cooling wasn`t really quick. Perhaps the first time when I drove this it was raining and the weather was cool and also might be I was just spoiled by Ford`s powerful AC compressor, overall I felt AC performance was just ok, and with all these aspects in my mind, I wasn`t really ready to compromise on these two aspects given I have to shell out 18.2 lakhs for 1.0 Style MT variant.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 13th May 2022 at 12:30.
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 13:50   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Congrats on your 1.5s. How is the AC performance? Is the AC issue present in your cars too? Based on my test drive I only noticed that the 1.0 had a poor AC. The 1.5 had a decent one, not a chiller of an AC though. Is it the same with your cars too considering you have done a lot of highway runs already.
Sir, I have had a good experience so far with the AC, both in city and highway driving. Temp set at 20 and fan speed at 3-4 (out of a max of 6) made life comfortable in 40 deg delhi heat. Also, the rear vents have ok flow and make the rear comfortable on higher blower speeds. This is for the 1.5 of course, not sure about the 1.0.
fulcrum29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 14:44   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeva1706 View Post
I own a VW Taigun 1.0; since the cars are sisters from the same family, I'd suggest you to read this post.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ditioning.html (Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning)

Let me make this clear: AC is brilliant, but it gives up in bumper to bumper traffic. It literally blows close to warm air with temperature set to 17 degrees and blower speed between 2 and 5.
VW dealer and workshop people admitted that there is a problem with all the Taiguns. They do not have a concrete solution. So we should ideally just wait for a recall.

Last edited by adigup : 13th May 2022 at 14:46.
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 15:02   #419

I did a Pune-Nagpur day trip in my Kushaq1.5DSG on 2nd May , with the temperature almost at 44-45. All the passenger including those at rear seat did not complain of heat. I do not have sun-film installed. Auto mode is useless. You need to set the temp at 20-22 with fan speed of 3-4.
Also , the roads are not that good still the experience with Kushaq was great. It drove like a dream, with no rattles.
sid2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 18:36   #420
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
link
what is the cubic capacity of the AC compressor ? 100cc ? 120cc ?

Some small cars like the old model figo/fiesta had 150cc AC compressor, have heard even some TATAs and marutis have the same capacity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks