Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2022, 13:46   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Got these mats for the Slavia since the previous stop gap mats that I got from Elegant was not sufficient for covering the sides where quite some mud was getting lodged. 3D mats which was earlier selling the Kagu brand doesn't seem to have stock for Slavia however they had a sister brand called Pharaoh. Realised that this is the best fit available and ended up buying these at 8500 a set. Though expensive than the popular 7D mats I absolutely hated the whole 7D concept and those flashy colors and patterns. This came as a blessing with its simple no nonsense form and good quality.

Skoda Slavia Review-3b2b97b23da34fe29fbaa2acccca06ab.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-5f2779dc8e6049109c5217eab8b2ed32.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-ee61ded0be204f4db7a458e574c2efec.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-834d7fd3dedc48a990568ce1c4e0d7b6.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 14:25   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Got these mats for the Slavia since the previous stop gap mats that I got from Elegant was not sufficient for covering the sides where quite some mud was getting lodged. 3D mats which was earlier selling the Kagu brand doesn't seem to have stock for Slavia however they had a sister brand called Pharaoh. Realised that this is the best fit available and ended up buying these at 8500 a set. Though expensive than the popular 7D mats I absolutely hated the whole 7D concept and those flashy colors and patterns. This came as a blessing with its simple no nonsense form and good quality.
These mats seem to be very good. They are covering the sides, driver footrest, and the floor hump in the rear seat as well. I brought the standard mats when taking the delivery of the car so don't want to throw them away. I will buy these when standard mats are worn out.

Did anyone get the Blaupunkt BP 4.0 drive video recorder? It is part of the standard accessories for Rs 11k. I don't want to go for non-standard accessories as it will void the warranty.
As per the Blaupunkt official site, the following are the functions supported by this Dashcam. Is anything important that is missing here?

Screen Size: 2.0’ HD IPS Screen
Viewing Angle: 140° diagonal ultra wide viewing angle (lront lens), 100° diagonal wide viewing angle (in-cabin lens)
Video Resolution: 1296P 2304 x 1296 / 1080P 1920 x 1080 / 720P 1280 x 720P / VGA 640×480 (front lens) / 720P 1280 x 720 (in-cabin lens)
Image Resolution: 12M / 10M / 8M / 5M / 3M / 2M / 1M / VGA
Video Format: MOV/H264
Image Format: JPG
Memory Card: Max. 32GB mSD Card (Class 10 and above)
Frequency: 50Hz / 60Hz
Power Port: USB 5V / 1.5A
Battery Capacity: 300 mAH
Microphone / Speaker: Built-in
Loop Recording: Off / 1min / 3mins / 5mins
LCD Off: Support
Audio Record: Support
Date Stamp: Support
G-Sensor: Support
Motion Detection: Support
Parking Monitoring: Support
Car Number Display: Support

I am also considering front & rear window blinds; they greatly help in reducing the direct sunlight inside & help in privacy. Is there any recommended brand?
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 15:27   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Got these mats for the Slavia <... Snip...>
These look very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post

Did anyone get the Blaupunkt BP 4.0 drive video recorder? Is anything important that is missing here?
I bought the Blaupunkt Dashcam from Skoda for my Kushaq and its working well. Both front and Rear cameras are of God quality. Only downside is limited max 32GB capacity card it supports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I am also considering front & rear window blinds; they greatly help in reducing the direct sunlight inside & help in privacy. Is there any recommended brand?

Please share more details on the window blinds. Am looking for a set which is sturdy.
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 14:53   #889
Distinguished - BHPian

Slavia now gets engine insulation under the bonnet.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 16:47   #890
BHPian

This is a step taken in a positive direction. I hope it is available at service centers and people who wish to buy the engine insulation can purchase and it gets fixed under the hood without any problem. It would be nice if Skoda also changes the cheap sounding horn too. This car deserves the typical VAG wind tone horn from the factory itself!

I am eagerly waiting for a post or video comparing the NVH levels inside the cabin with and without the engine insulation, while idling and on the move .
FrAgile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 10:55   #891
BHPian

My front passenger window was not working, and last week, I went and got the window lifter motor replaced under warranty. The part number mentioned in the invoice is 5QP959801.

When I went to the service center initially, then were unable to order the warranty part and I had to return without getting my issue fixed. I mentioned this in the Skoda feedback calls and, lo and behold, a few days later, I got a call from the service advisor saying the part has arrived. Went in the morning and got the car back by evening - now the window is working exactly as it was from the beginning.
dragntailonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 21:34   #892
BHPian

Quote:
This was a good idea. Tried it out today and it looks pretty simple and neat.

Attachment 2355723

Attachment 2355724

Attachment 2355725

For now have stuck to a bright red since I wasn't a fan of the stock yellow colour. Thinking of converting the beige strip to carbon fiber and then this dark theme will come handy

Coincidentally the VW Virtus launched in Mexico has this all black theme as well.
Will it be possible to describe the steps to change the colour? Thanks in advance.
TracerBullet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:51   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
Will it be possible to describe the steps to change the colour? Thanks in advance.
Sure. Not going to charge a ransom for it.

You need a VCDS cable and access the Instrument cluster. In adaptations you have three channels called Standard colour Red, Green and Blue. Stock value for the beige colour is R-230, G-160 and B-90. You can change these values to any needed number between 0-255 and get the color of your choice. All 0s will give the black effect and all 250 will give a monochrome effect.

Enjoy! In case anyone wants this on their car in Bangalore(especially South, Banashankari/Jayanagar) you can reach out to me - of course a non commercial offer.

Last edited by audioholic : 22nd September 2022 at 22:53.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:36   #894
BHPian

Re: Skoda customer service

Think twice before you people buy a Skoda product

I owned a previous generation Skoda Superb and I sold it and got a new one. I currently own a Skoda Superb L&K diesel automatic (2019 model) for which, I got a deal from Skoda India for finance from Volkswagen finance at a lower interest rate. The finance payment was done on time and the loan was closed by March 2022.

Then started the ordeal. When I asked for an NOC from the dealer from Volkswagen Finance, they didn't respond properly and after repeated calls and follow up, I got it. And then, when I submitted the NOC for cancelling the hypothecation, it was rejected by the RTO saying that the vehicle is hypothecated to Volkswagen Finance, but the NOC is from Kotak Mahindra. I called the sales manager from the dealership to explain the situation and he had no clue. Then, I myself searched the net and came to know Volkswagen Finance had closed and their business had been taken over by Kotak Mahindra. I contacted the dealership and they eventually connected me to another guy from the finance department who asked me to send a copy of the RC through WhatsApp and he would help me out. To date, he hasn't called me back.

Then, I tried to contact Skoda customer care through WhatsApp for which I got a call about my interest in the Skoda Kushaq. I told them it was a complaint which I registered. In spite of that, I got 2 other calls for the same. When I tried to call the customer care number it said you'll get a callback, but I never got a call.

Then I registered a complaint through an email to customer support for which I never got a reply. Finally, I even tried to post my issue on the Skoda Instagram page for which I was asked to DM them my contact after a few days. I DM'ed them and am still waiting for them to call. So Skoda India customer service cannot be contacted or will not respond to you - that is the reality I came to know when I tried for the first time after 8 years of ownership of Skoda products. They eagerly call to sell their product instead. Pathetic! Skoda, you'll never change. You just lost a customer and I really want to warn you guys to think twice before you buy a Skoda.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th October 2022 at 22:35. Reason: Edited for better readability
pjegadeesh is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 23rd September 2022, 19:13   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Got rid of the Goodyear assurance tyres and swapped to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in the same size. Somehow I didn't like the way the Goodyear was behaving since it lacked grip on undulations, lacked feedback on good roads and had a jarring ride on rough patches. No feedback on the new tyres yet as they need to bed in but the ride at least has become softer.

Skoda Slavia Review-799fb0261672480299ef7fd7e6ee0bfd.jpeg

Alignment was ok so not adjusted and what's a bit worrying is that the rear tyres show negative camber which is visible. However on the allignment machine it showed values within range. I hope this is how it is. If you notice the vehicle from the back side the wheels are visibly tilted inwards. On the machine it showed a 1.3 degree tilt which is within the range of 1.5 degree.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 19:16   #896
BHPian

Tire upgrade is always a great move as OEM tires are basic. I assume you went with the stock size.
dwarika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:11   #897

Just a correction, No Slavia version has Naturally Aspirated motor as you mentioned. All of them are Turbocharged
mikebhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 21:17   #898
Senior - BHPian

After my OHC, and then the Thar and the Jeep I built, it's the Slavia that gets me back to TBHP.

Taking delivery of a Carbon Steel 1.5AT tomorrow. I own an ageing Q7 and Polo 1.2 TSi, but this will be my first Skoda. Wish me luck, seems I will need a lot of that

Immediate plan is to de-badge and de-chrome it. Then move to 17 inch matt-black alloys with 225/50R17 rubber. Will need the forums guidance for VCDS tuning.

Just in case someone here hasn't read throught the entire thread, sharing here that the current car on sale has the following deletions due to chip-shortage.

1. 10 inch infotainment replaced with an uglier 8 inch infotainment
2. Wired Android Auto instead of wireless
3. Subwoofer and Amplifier missing

There is marginal discounting applicable and delivery is immediate, atleast for the 1.5AT, which was one of the major deciding factors for me. We deciding that we needed a new car on Friday, the decision on the Slavia was made on Saturday (did a test drive with Dealer 1) and down-payment to Dealer 2 was done on Tuesday. A few follow-up calls were made to Dealer 1 between Monday and Tuesday, but by the time they realised we meant business, the deal was closed with Dealer 2.

Important - is there any way to source the Slavia amplifier and subwoofer from the after-market (totalled cars, or elsewhere?). The dealer has confirmed that it won't void warranty if I can procure one and have them install it.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st October 2022 at 08:47. Reason: Back to back posts.
manveet is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 18:52   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Got rid of the Goodyear assurance tyres and swapped to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in the same size.
I was weighing exactly this initially but decided to use the Goodyear tyres for a while before I switch. They got slightly better in terms of tyre noise after the initial couple of thousand kms but I am still not particularly happy with the tyres.
Do keep the community posted on your experience with the new tyres. Since you have tinkered with the steering settings, feedback on steering weight won't be relevant anymore. However, would be interested to know how these change the ride quality, tyre noise at highway speeds and braking performance compared to stock tyres. Wish you countless happy miles ahead.
motonomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 07:28   #900
BANNED

An alleged incident of Skoda Slavia catching fire and being completely burnt

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th September 2022 at 08:37. Reason: Corrected link
Timeline 1967 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks