Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2022, 17:16   #916
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Hi,
I have been looking for a car for a year now and was primarily inclined towards an SUV but seeing what was on offer in the market, I have zeroed in on Slavia 1.0 AT. I think it offers better bling for the money as compared to Kushaq.
The SA has given me a quotation of Rs. 16.39 lacs in BH registration. Here is the break up
ESR - 1539000
TCS- 15390
Insurance - 49990 (Drive Assure Economy)
BH Series RTO - 22050
Accessories - 12119
Fastag - 500

I would like your opinions on how good the deal is? Shall I push for further negotiations? (I am not good at it) or shall I wait for better discounts during the year end? As I am in no hurry and can wait more.
I feel like they are taking advantage of increased demand because of the festive season.
Old 5th October 2022, 18:03   #917
BHPian

So to complete the formalities of the car purchase, the dealer is asking for my ITR of last 2 years. Is this a thing now? I need to share my confidential salary and other income details to dealers and god knows who all get access to it? Is there no workaround for this? I was given an alternative of giving Form 26AS but its the same thing essentially.
Old 5th October 2022, 18:25   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
So to complete the formalities of the car purchase, the dealer is asking for my ITR of last 2 years. Is this a thing now? I need to share my confidential salary and other income details to dealers and god knows who all get access to it? Is there no workaround for this? I was given an alternative of giving Form 26AS but its the same thing essentially.
You need to give the acknowledgement number only. The TCS is kicked up to 5% if you haven't filed returns for the last 2 financial years.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 18:41   #919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
Hi,
I have been looking for a car for a year now and was primarily inclined towards an SUV but seeing what was on offer in the market, I have zeroed in on Slavia 1.0 AT.

TCS- 15390
Insurance - 49990 (Drive Assure Economy)
You can haggle on the insurance part. Option 1 - Negotiate for a straight discount on the offered policy taking into reference an external estimate from policybazaar or so. Option 2 - Ask the dealer to provide Drive assure elite at the cost of Drive assure economy. Both are possible. Finally I ended up doing a hybrid, got a policy from outside and got all the extra options in Drive assure elite at half its cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
So to complete the formalities of the car purchase, the dealer is asking for my ITR of last 2 years. Is this a thing now? I need to share my confidential salary and other income details to dealers and god knows who all get access to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
You need to give the acknowledgement number only. The TCS is kicked up to 5% if you haven't filed returns for the last 2 financial years.
I was not asked for this nor did I provide this to the dealer. My TCS was not increased. Only for the sake of corporate discount, the dealer asked my payslip but they were fine with the numbers masked.

Last edited by audioholic : 5th October 2022 at 18:44.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 18:55   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You can haggle on the insurance part. Option 1 - Negotiate for a straight discount on the offered policy taking into reference an external estimate from policybazaar or so. Option 2 - Ask the dealer to provide Drive assure elite at the cost of Drive assure economy. Both are possible. Finally I ended up doing a hybrid, got a policy from outside and got all the extra options in Drive assure elite at half its cost.
Thanks. They have now offered me a price of Rs. 16.3 with drive assure elite. Shall I go ahead with it? Is there no margin for any other discount?

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th October 2022 at 19:20. Reason: Fixing Quotes
Old 5th October 2022, 20:28   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
  • I am not yet aware of how the cornering lamp functions. I am using Style 1.5 MT and I have not yet noticed the cornering lamps functioning. Technically, they should work even when the vehicle is not moving but it's not working.
Update: Apparently, the cornering function is not present in Slavia! It's there in the Kushaq, I still don't know why they haven't enabled in the Slavia. I won't even call this a cost cutting but I also don't know what I would call this. Are sedans not equipped or require cornering lamp function? Is this the case with other manufacturers too?
Old 5th October 2022, 20:36   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
Hi,
I would like your opinions on how good the deal is? Shall I push for further negotiations? (I am not good at it) or shall I wait for better discounts during the year end? As I am in no hurry and can wait more.
I feel like they are taking advantage of increased demand because of the festive season.
If you find VW Virtus equally good and you are open to the idea of considering the alternative from the sister brand, VW is offering a discount of 30k on 1.0AT Highline variant and 10k on Topline. You can plan a quick visit to the VW showroom and try haggling there for more discounts as this might be a direct discount from VW and not a dealer level discount.

If Slavia it is, I would suggest you wait for a week or two as brands usually offer some sort of discounts in one way or another and if VW is offering discounts, Skoda might offer too.

Link :
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...october-425936

Last edited by FrAgile : 5th October 2022 at 20:41. Reason: Wrong data corrected
FrAgile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:04   #923

Hello all.
I have on the lookout for a sedan after selling my 1.5 TDI Rapid this year. The Slavia seems like a natural choice. And after having test driven the 1.5 TSI MT, loved it and booked it. Now I am being given a July 2022 manufactured car ( VIN decoded). I would like to know whether this is the norm or am I being given a slightly older car, probably one thats stood in some stock yard for a couple of months
harshakodli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 12:30   #924
BHPian

Hello All - I've been a keen reader on this forum, but posting after a long time. I'm awaiting delivery of a Silver Skoda Slavia 1.0AT Style soon. Had a few queries that I'd love to hear opinions/info on:

1. My allotted vehicle has MRF Ecotred GCA4 tyres, but I am not able to find any reference to these tyres online or on MRF's website. My current car runs on Yoko Earth-1, I love this tyre but for its higher road noise. Debating Conti UC6s right out of the showroom, or run the MRFs for a 2-3 years.

Any feedback on MRF Ecotred GCA4 tyres ? Anyone who has these on their Slavia ?

2. Ceramic coating/Partial PPF - Do you have any tried&tested recommendations in Bangalore ?

3. Can someone share a reliable VIN decoder link for Skoda for verification pls ?

4. Has anyone changed the OEM Seat covers on the 6-Airbag Style variant to other Airbag compatible Seat covers ? My main concern is the maintenance of the Beige central parts of the OEM seat covers with an overactive toddler in the family !

5. Any feedback on changing the horns on the slavia to a typical VW/Skoda Dual Trumpet horn ? SA tells me the OEM Kodiak horn is available for 11k, but I prefer to spend max ~2k on horns, but want to go with Skoda ASS to not void warranty.
Game_of_Roads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 18:01   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
3. Can someone share a reliable VIN decoder link for Skoda for verification pls ?
This worked fine for me.
https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Skoda

Quote:
4. Has anyone changed the OEM Seat covers on the 6-Airbag Style variant to other Airbag compatible Seat covers ? My main concern is the maintenance of the Beige central parts of the OEM seat covers with an overactive toddler in the family !
I understand that the seats on the Style variant have an inbuilt cooling/ heating function (hence they have perforated seat covers) and therefore would not recommend changing them. I'd recommend spending the money you save on annual dry-cleaning.

Quote:
5. Any feedback on changing the horns on the slavia to a typical VW/Skoda Dual Trumpet horn ? SA tells me the OEM Kodiak horn is available for 11k, but I prefer to spend max ~2k on horns, but want to go with Skoda ASS to not void warranty.
I doubt that changing the horn wouldn't void the warranty, and either way, you aren't okay spending 11k on a replacement horn, so I'd suggest you let it be. Seems like a lot of money to me unless the crappy horn is a big deal for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshakodli
Now I am being given a July 2022 manufactured car ( VIN decoded). I would like to know whether this is the norm or am I being given a slightly older car, probably one thats stood in some stock yard for a couple of months
The car I bought from the Skoda Dealer on 29th Sep was invoiced to them on 22nd Sep, but is Feb 2022 manufactured. From separate sources, I also understand that Slavia deliveries were held up for a couple of months. So on these limited data points, it does seem that these cars being held up at the manufacturer's stockyard is the norm.

On the discount matter, we got an HDFC Credit Card discount of 20k which was available to those with Regalia/ Infinia. There was also a 10K corporate discount we couldn't use as we used the HDFC one. This apart, there was a 25K dealer discount and some negotiation on the total cost. The accessory pack is useless so we didn't opt for that. Hope this helps.

Last edited by manveet : 6th October 2022 at 18:04.
manveet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 20:17   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
This worked fine for me.
https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Skoda
Thank you for your comments ! I tried this already but it only gives me the year of manufacture, not the month. Is it just me ?
Game_of_Roads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 08:03   #927
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Slavia is the clear winner over its sibling VW Virtus in monthly sales:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1658
Size:  20.2 KB

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 08:36   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 2365203

Source: Auto Punditz
Great to see Škoda Slavia doing well!

It’s surprising to see Virtus not being able to pull ahead. VW has more showrooms and I believe many people liked Virtus looks more than Slavia.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 10:48   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Great to see Škoda Slavia doing well!

It’s surprising to see Virtus not being able to pull ahead. VW has more showrooms and I believe many people liked Virtus looks more than Slavia.
To me Virtus looking like Vento's brother, but Slavia looks like Octavia's, maybe this factor in people's decision.
DRIVE_ADDICT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 10:57   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Wait, what? This is what I can see on AutoPunditz website:
Slavia sold 937 and Kushaq sold 2224, Virtus numbers are correct tho.

Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot-20221007-105506.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
To me Virtus looking like Vento's brother, but Slavia looks like Octavia's, maybe this factor in people's decision.

VW is hardly offering any discounts on the Virtus right now. And moreover, the waiting period of Virtus is higher than that of Slavia (at least that's the case in many cities). So basically, people are forced to pay more and wait longer for a car which is mechanically the same as Slavia.
That said, considering the less discounts that VW is offering for the Virtus and also the 10-inch touchscreen shortage, I think the Virtus has sold really well!

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 7th October 2022 at 11:27.
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks