Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2022, 09:55   #946

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
The SA showed me the car with VIN - MEXBPHPB0NG017476
The VIN is creating a lot of confusion for me. As per the information available on this forum, my Skoda's VIN was not starting with the alphabets it was supposed to (MODS, please update the page of Skoda's VIN decoding if it has not been).
According to a post in forum only I deduced that
H is for Aug and N for 2022

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...re-vin-57.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
Old 12th October 2022, 21:04   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Had a Few Questions regarding Android Auto/phone charging on the Slavia:
Hi. I can answer few questions that you have.

Wired AA does not heat up your phone. I have used it extensively during my long drives in my Slavia and I did not observe my phone getting heated up.
Sadly, there is no cooling vent from the AC to the phone storage area or towards the wireless charger. I have seen that only in Hyundai/Kia twins.
Although, there is a small LED light throwing light on your phone

The answers to your 3rd and 4th questions are no and no.

A second phone can very well be connected using Bluetooth even when one phone is connected through wired AA. You would need to pair the phone first though.

Hope the answers help.

Happy Driving!
driverabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 22:10   #948
BHPian

I had booked Slavia 1.0 Style MT around a month ago and the SA had assured there is little to no waiting period and the car would be delivered to me just before Diwali as I had planned and told him about it. But now when the time for delivery comes, he says Skoda hasn’t delivered any car since then to their dealership so the car of my choice is not available. He is not even able to tell by when new batch of cars would arrive giving vague assurances like next month, in a few weeks etc. Instead, he is trying to push one Style NSR/Ambition AT that too not in the colour of my choice. It’s simply ridiculous. Skoda doesn’t sell like hot cakes and by this kind of behaviour they are only frustrating their potential customers. What’s the use of booking the car well in advance if you get to hear a simple sorry that the car is not there.
Looking at the dismal 937 Slavia sold in the month of Sep-2022, I doubt what is happening behind the scene. I am not sure now whether I should continue the booking and wait or cancel it and wait till the picture gets clearer. I inquired another dealership in the neighbouring district (Lucknow) and they too have only single NSR Style. Both dealers told that Style MT variant is neither in stock nor they can assure its availability within two weeks. Skoda seems to be aiming at Mahindra/Kia/Hyundai like waiting period by squeezing supply. Laughable strategy!
Old 13th October 2022, 15:51   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
Hi. I can answer few questions that you have.
Happy Driving!
Thank you for the answers ! Just took delivery last evening. Will play around with it and report back here.

What's the common opinion here regarding RON 95 petrol (IOC Xp95) for the Slavia 1.0TSI ? I'm considering it as it is the recommended grade as per VAG, cost difference is kinda acceptable for me, availability is the question.
For ex. all IOC bunks in my area in B'luru ran out of XP95 on the day of delivery.

Whats the general experience with XP95 vs regular RON91 petrol on this new breed of VAG cars ?
Old 13th October 2022, 17:30   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Thank you for the answers ! Just took delivery last evening. Will play around with it and report back here.

What's the common opinion here regarding RON 95 petrol (IOC Xp95) for the Slavia 1.0TSI ? I'm considering it as it is the recommended grade as per VAG, cost difference is kinda acceptable for me, availability is the question.
For ex. all IOC bunks in my area in B'luru ran out of XP95 on the day of delivery.

Whats the general experience with XP95 vs regular RON91 petrol on this new breed of VAG cars ?
Have used only XP95 on my Virtus, so can’t compare, but it’s better you stick to the OEM recommended fuel type. Also other users have given feedback regarding sluggish performance and lower fuel efficiency when using RON91
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 14:20   #951
BHPian

I am putting only the normal petrol in my Slavia. Haven't put XP95 yet, not even once. So I also cannot compare.
Also, as Game_of_Roads rightly mentioned, availability is a big factor. Since majority of my driving happen on the highways, I will always be anxious to find an IOC petrol pump and that they should have XP95 available. I have no idea if these two kind of fuel - 91 and XP95 - get mixed in the fuel tank, would it have any impact or not.

Sharing another news here. Kushaq and Taigun have scored 5 stars in GNAP rating. This news comes as a very good one even for us Slavia owners. Since the cars share the same platform, the same ratings would be applicable on the sedans as well.

Skoda Kushaq and Volkswagen Taigun score 5 stars in GNCAP

Last edited by driverabhi : 14th October 2022 at 14:23.
Old 15th October 2022, 12:20   #952
BHPian

Is it possible to procure separately the three spoke steering wheel of Superb and will it fit in the Slavia? Is it a feasible work?
I am not sure how many people really like the two spoke steering wheel as it is given in the Slavia.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 14:07   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
Sharing another news here. Kushaq and Taigun have scored 5 stars in GNAP rating. This news comes as a very good one even for us Slavia owners. Since the cars share the same platform, the same ratings would be applicable on the
It will be in similar lines but not exact. My hunch is it might fare marginally better because you sit lower in a sedan and due to lower COG the body movement during crash also should be lesser. But I'm no crash expert and might be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Is it possible to procure separately the three spoke steering wheel of Superb and will it fit in the Slavia? Is it a feasible work?
I am not sure how many people really like the two spoke steering wheel as it is given in the Slavia.
I think the third spoke is a piece of trim that can be added to the existing steering. Let me try to do some research. So it might not require steering replacement.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 11:09   #954

Finally after all the VIN decoding and decision making of KUSHAQ vs SLAVIA, getting my Slavia 1.5 MT Carbon steel delivered tomorrow.
Super excited. Grateful for the teambhp forum for helping me make this decision.
harshakodli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 18:41   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

The tyre upgrade was worth it. Took the car to a highway run finally since I was in Germany for a few days and the steering and grip at high speeds have increased by a good margin both due to the steering mod as well the tyres itself. Earlier I had to make small corrections to the steering at high speeds and now the steering is much precise. The tyres have done around 300kms since install and would have lost its top coating. After the drive there was a lot of brake dust just to indicate how much I pushed the car. Had to take the car into a very muddy place and it totally ruined the fresh looks of the tyre Anyway sharing a picture of the car after a long time.

Also the chrome grill is now half blacked out.
Skoda Slavia Review-5357afa7567e41cfb29300d0c0b965b5.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-c0ffbdfb8fec42df8a74bc7a6c1ab6f9.jpeg

Last edited by audioholic : 20th October 2022 at 18:46.
audioholic is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 03:57   #956
BHPian

Will we be able to see a Slavia VRS in the market by Q1/Q2 2023 ?
Old 24th October 2022, 09:37   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
Will we be able to see a Slavia VRS in the market by Q1/Q2 2023 ?
Probably not. It is highly unlikely that Skoda is going to introduce a VRs version just for an India specific car.
Old 25th October 2022, 14:30   #958
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
An alleged incident of Skoda Slavia catching fire and being completely burnt

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ZUunMhlMRDs
The customer has been given replacement of a new Slavia by Skoda reports CarBlogindia
Old 25th October 2022, 16:32   #959
BHPian

Did Skoda share detailed investigation report on why a brand new parked car caught fire. As per the owner, there were no outside mods installed in the car which might have damaged / tampered with the wiring

Edit : Watched the video. The skoda HQ executives are actually making fun of the customer instead of helping him out ! The VAG group seriously needs to introspect. Hopefully Indian customers will vote with their wallets and make VAG respect our country and it's laws the same as they do in the US.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-image_20221025_164403015.png  

Last edited by akg7091 : 25th October 2022 at 16:44.
Old 26th October 2022, 10:20   #960
BANNED

A new car was given to the owner who lost this Slavia due to his car catching fire as per the below report.

https://www.carblogindia.com/skoda-r...brand-new-car/

Most Viewed