Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2022, 20:39   #1021
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Is it possible to upgrade to 10 inch infotainment system in Slavia? I wish to have wireless Apple CarPlay feature (seems a necessity to me) and Carlinkit 4.0 (or similar kits) cost around 8-9k INR. So I was thinking about replacing the HU itself to 10 inch one, if and when it is offered as an accessory by Skoda. Also, if it doesn’t cost a piece of my flesh.
Old 1st January 2023, 21:27   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Year End Upgrade 1 / Lowering Springs on the Slavia

Installed Cobra Suspension Lowering Springs prototypes yesterday. Letting the photographs talk.

There is also a reel on IG from the guys over at Cobra, in case anyone wants to check it out on video.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm4DwpwhhwL/
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img20230101wa0039.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230101wa0041.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230101wa0040.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230101wa0042.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230101wa0043.jpg  

Last edited by manveet : 1st January 2023 at 21:29.
manveet is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 23:14   #1023
BHPian

Re: Year End Upgrade 1 / Lowering Springs on the Slavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Installed Cobra Suspension Lowering Springs prototypes yesterday. Letting the photographs talk.

There is also a reel on IG from the guys over at Cobra, in case anyone wants to check it out on video.

Hi Manveet, Sorry for asking, but what exactly were you trying to solve here.

Was it about stuff suspension? I'm a bit confused how and what does the spring change helped. Thanks
shubham322000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:16   #1024
BHPian

Completed a road trip last month Hyd-Varanasi-Agra-Mathura-Vrindavan-Jhansi-Hyd. The car is a mile cruncher! Packed the boot to the brim for 10 days trip for 4 adults.
Covered 3600+ kms, mileage returned was 16.5 overall as per mid. Car scraped the bottom at a couple of humongous speed breakers, must be due to a lot of luggage and full occupancy. Otherwise no issues whatsoever.
Back and lower back support is excellent, however my bottom did ache a bit - not sure if lack of support or just stress. Pic is from a stop on the Agra expressway.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-1a62e03a9532403ab758a62dabc71574.jpeg  

punto_ is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:12   #1025
BHPian

Quote:

Wow. That does look amazing. Tempted to do it on my Virtus, but I'm actually loving the high GC which is taking my confidence of driving a Sedan to a different level.
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:23   #1026
Distinguished - BHPian

Last weekend I had taken the car from Bengaluru to Chikmagalur and it was only the second 'long' drive for the car apart from regular runs to Kolar. Much has already been spoken by both me and others about the car and just to summarize the deltas:
  • Tyres are excellent and offer good grip while braking compared to Goodyears which used to howl
  • NVH at high speeds is just bliss. You can enjoy a conversation at normal voice and there is just no wind noise, tyre noise nor engine note heard unless you hit the throttle and it downshifts a couple of gears.
  • Overtaking anything and everything is a piece of cake and you cover gaps in no time
  • There were some squeaks between dashboard panels during the initial months but now they are gone. No intervention done except for some silicon spray.
  • High speed stability is just amazing. People in the car will not be able to realize the kind of speeds it is doing
  • Headlights are pretty decent. Nothing compared to my other cars where I have extensively upgraded but definitely isn't begging an upgrade.
  • Had hit a few potholes hard and the tyres held up well and neither is there any change in wheel alignment after 5k kms.
  • FE was around 13.5kmpl after driving aggressive and not having start stop on.

Skoda service has learnt a thing or two from Maruti/Toyota. Got a feedback call from dealership and only after I said I was satisfied they closed the ticket after which I got a call from Skoda India for feedback which was recorded. All this was for a job card which involved only a horn change.

Car is a looker with the white lighting at night:
Skoda Slavia Review-ea2fd1d2061c4892bb3bcda33109de8f.jpeg

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd January 2023 at 21:28.
audioholic is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:54   #1027
BHPian

Quote:

The car looks awesome with these. What was the damage if I may ask ?
Old 3rd January 2023, 22:53   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Update 2 / Straight pipe Cat-back Exhaust

These are the prototypes, final production ones are yet to be released, would be about 30k or so.

In another update on 31st Dec, went in for a resonator and muffler delete. A straight pipe ending in a black chrome exhaust tips. Sounds just right, not too loud with mild crackles when it heats up.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-20230101_210711.jpg  

Last edited by manveet : 3rd January 2023 at 22:55.
Old 5th January 2023, 20:00   #1029
BHPian

Couple of additions done from Škoda, engine noise does feel a little lesser now.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-c48f24a7cb9d439b877f303f75c5524e.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-4d4f33ce4b8b49d4a7c79080c6822f5c.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-c3ea136d43844325b4d0fac53dff1a83.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-79dbed12662e44a88d8aff6d980ca617.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-0ca9ed0af682424887b52de9a4e2d102.jpeg  

punto_ is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 20:10   #1030
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Update 2 / Straight pipe Cat-back Exhaust

Quote:
These are the prototypes, final production ones are yet to be released, would be about 30k or so.

In another update on 31st Dec, went in for a resonator and muffler delete. A straight pipe ending in a black chrome exhaust tips. Sounds just right, not too loud with mild crackles when it heats up.
Can you please share how the new engine note is outside and inside?
Old 7th January 2023, 09:59   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Couple of additions done from Škoda, engine noise does feel a little lesser now.
By any chance, do you know whether Kushaq too gets this as accessory to reduce engine noise? I am asking this for the last 1 year to Skoda and no update from them
Old 7th January 2023, 11:01   #1032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
By any chance, do you know whether Kushaq too gets this as accessory to reduce engine noise? I am asking this for the last 1 year to Skoda and no update from them
Yes it's available. Even Tafe Bangalore had it in supply this month and Slavia part would come next month. I am looking forward to this mainly from the perspective that the bonnet gets too hot after driving hard due to the heat from the exhaust manifold/turbo. Worried that the ppf might age sooner. But from a noise perspective, the external noise of the 1.5 is already too less so I don't think this would make a difference. Cabin noise will anyway remain unchanged.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 11:55   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
But from a noise perspective, the external noise of the 1.5 is already too less so I don't think this would make a difference. Cabin noise will anyway remain unchanged.
This is actually going to dampen the sound on the inside more than it would on the outside. It makes a huge difference especially in the higher revs, you will notice that you're hearing more of the turbo spooling and less of the engine clatter inside. The 1.5 TSI isn't loud anyways, may be more useful for the 1.0 three pots.
Old 7th January 2023, 11:58   #1034

Is there a way to upgrade the headlight on the ambition variant to the one in style variant? It's not that great, especially on highway drives, while the style variants users seems quite happy with the output.
Old 7th January 2023, 12:23   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
This is actually going to dampen the sound on the inside more than it would on the outside. It makes a huge difference especially in the higher revs, you will notice that you're hearing more of the turbo spooling and less of the engine clatter inside. The 1.5 TSI isn't loud anyways, may be more useful for the 1.0 three pots.
I was of the feeling that the insulation on the bonnet had nothing to do with the NVH in the cabin because the noise into the cabin came from the firewall and that's kept as it is. But if it makes any difference it will be very good since the NVH in my 1.5 inside the cabin is already very good and anything better is a bonus. I will get this shortly and then post feedback.

On the other. hand, after a drive I switch off AC and roll down windows and drive for a bit just to listen to the turbo spooling up in each gear. That sound is just sweet. None of that is heard inside the cabin if the windows are shut

Last edited by audioholic : 7th January 2023 at 12:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks