Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2023, 13:57   #1036
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes it's available. Even Tafe Bangalore had it in supply this month and Slavia part would come next month. I am looking forward to this mainly from the perspective that the bonnet gets too hot after driving hard due to the heat from the exhaust manifold/turbo. Worried that the ppf might age sooner. But from a noise perspective, the external noise of the 1.5 is already too less so I don't think this would make a difference. Cabin noise will anyway remain unchanged.
Thanks. I will check with the dealer here as my yearly service is due this month. Mine is 1.0 and was already asked by few whether it is a diesel so any little improvement helps.
thanixravindran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 20:28   #1037
BHPian

Need some urgent advice from fellow members. Have got a deal on a 2022 MY Slavia 1.5 AT from a dealer for INR 21.93 Lakhs (onroad price) after a discount of INR 1 Lakh. Includes Extended warranty for 5th & 6th year, Skoda maintenance Service package, free essential accesory kit. As per the SA the car is manufactured between Oct-Dec'22 but will verify that during PDI if I go ahead with the purchase.

Is the 1 Lakh discount good enough or should I negotiate for more & for how much more.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th January 2023, 21:37   #1038

Re: Year End Upgrade 1 / Lowering Springs on the Slavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Installed Cobra Suspension Lowering Springs prototypes yesterday. Letting the photographs talk.

There is also a reel on IG from the guys over at Cobra, in case anyone wants to check it out on video.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm4DwpwhhwL/
Hey Manveer, love the tasteful changes you’ve done on your slavia, looks perfect with the lowered springs , I’m curious about the changes in driving dynamics and your feedback about the overall change and would also love to hear what you would do next , cheers!
Old 7th January 2023, 21:50   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Need some urgent advice from fellow members. Have got a deal on a 2022 MY Slavia 1.5 AT from a dealer for INR 21.93 Lakhs (onroad price) after a discount of INR 1 Lakh. Includes Extended warranty for 5th & 6th year, Skoda maintenance Service package, free essential accesory kit. As per the SA the car is manufactured between Oct-Dec'22 but will verify that during PDI if I go ahead with the purchase.

Is the 1 Lakh discount good enough or should I negotiate for more & for how much more.

Thanks in advance.
1.Ask for discount on ex showroom price, because insurance price is always raised up.
2. Check insurance price online and ask the dealer to match that price.
3. Then add values of extended warranty, service package and accessories.
4. Then you'll know how much is the exact discount on the ex showroom price.
5. Try to get offer from some other dealer, tell them what you are getting and what they are ready to give you, you can even try a different city dealer.

But see these offers may last till the stock of 2022 is not over. After that you don't know.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 18:29   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Thanks. I will check with the dealer here as my yearly service is due this month. Mine is 1.0 and was already asked by few whether it is a diesel so any little improvement helps.
Haha yeah mine is 1.0 as well and sometimes engine note frustrates me. I regret not picking the 1.5 sometimes for this reason alone!

During the engine start stop, the vibrations sometimes feel more than what one expects from a petrol engine. This seems to have become more prominent in the past few weeks. I have clocked over 12k kms so far, hope this become better after the first service.

Anyone found any changes in their 1.0 engine after the first service?
punto_ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 21:41   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda service has learnt a thing or two from Maruti/Toyota. Got a feedback call from dealership and only after I said I was satisfied they closed the ticket after which I got a call from Skoda India for feedback which was recorded. All this was for a job card which involved only a horn change.

Attachment 2399665
For the horn change, was there a requirement to remove the bumper for Slavia?.

If yes, post removal and reinstallation, was there any sound or creaks heard due to this?. I am going to change the horn for my Kushaq Monte Carlo 1.5, but was worried about removal of bumper for the same, so i was thinking will purchase the wind style horn and then do swap few more years down the line.

I got to say, love how smooth and quiet the 1.5 DSG combo is, the overtaking abilities of the 1.5 TSI along with that DQ200 gearbox is really underrated, this along with straight line stability of these cars is surreal. Puts a grin every single time
sandeepmukunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 13:29   #1042

Quote:
Last weekend I had taken the car from Bengaluru to Chikmagalur and it was only the second 'long' drive for the car apart from regular runs to Kolar.
=====
Attachment 2399665
Thanks for sharing your experience with Skoda Slavia.

May i know which service workshop did you get the horn replaced? I believe this is the trumpet horn that you are taking about. Did the service folks say anything about warranty void issue after the stock horn replacement?

Yesterday we got delivery of Kushaq 1.5 Monte Carlo in Mumbai(Mody India) and the sales folks had no clue about horn replacement and also claimed that even service center does not do this. Additionally they also claimed it will void the warranty if we got it replaced anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th January 2023 at 13:50. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 9th January 2023, 14:47   #1043
BHPian

Happy to share that on the eve of new year,i took delivery of Slavia Style AT 1.0 here at Hyderabad. Shall attach the pics.and pen down my buying and delivery experience in a subsequent post.

Having driven for 250 odd kms.,i noticed since beginning that once AC is on,after every minute, there is a sound like 'sssss' coming from i think the fan for 5 seconds and then it goes off. Its annoying in an otherwise silent car. Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-11.jpg  

Last edited by Ram78 : 9th January 2023 at 14:51.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 16:05   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Need some urgent advice from fellow members. Have got a deal on a 2022 MY Slavia 1.5 AT .....
Compared to what i got on Style 1.0 AT,i think the add-ons you are receiving is very good esp.if it is a Nov/ Dec vehicle. The showroom will already be having the VIN for all cars they have in stock and you need not wait till the PDI to figure the month of manufacture. I neither got the 5th and 6th year extended warranty nor the accessories. However my deal was sweetened because mine was a Dec'22 manufactured vehicle. They also matched the insurance quoted outside. One thing i learnt is if you like the car, negotiate reasonably but don't pull to an extent that it snaps only for a few thousands.

Foll. is what i used..from this forum to identify the month of manufacture: If your 6th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July
Month Codes:
A = JAN
B = FEB
C = MAR
D = APR
E = MAY
F = JUN
G = JUL
H = AUG
J = SEP
K = OCT
L = NOV
M = DEC

Last edited by Ram78 : 9th January 2023 at 16:25.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 17:01   #1045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaate View Post
May i know which service workshop did you get the horn replaced? I believe this is the trumpet horn that you are taking about. Did the service folks say anything about warranty void issue after the stock horn replacement?.
What I have got installed in my car is an official Skoda accessory trumpet horn meant for this car. This comes with a bill and is also updated in the backend for any future references. So I am unsure why there would be a concern with warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmukunda View Post
For the horn change, was there a requirement to remove the bumper for Slavia?.

If yes, post removal and reinstallation, was there any sound or creaks heard D
Yes the bumper had to be removed. But it doesn't make any difference in terms of looks or any issues like sound or creaking. Every fastener has been put back as it was before and there is no sign that the bumper was removed. Not sure why this apprehension since it's a regular job to remove and refit bumper.
Old 9th January 2023, 17:07   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the bumper had to be removed. But it doesn't make any difference in terms of looks or any issues like sound or creaking. Every fastener has been put back as it was before and there is no sign that the bumper was removed. Not sure why this apprehension since it's a regular job to remove and refit bumper.
Since my Kushaq is brand new car, been a month now, i really don't like the factory default horn, sounds too meek, so was contemplating on whether i should risk removal of bumper for the horn replacemnt, what if post fitment, i get creaks or any other sound. So checked with you to see if it made any difference due to bumper refitment.
Old 9th January 2023, 17:07   #1047

Quote:
What I have got installed in my car is an official Skoda accessory trumpet horn meant for this car. This comes with a bill and is also updated in the backend for any future references. So I am unsure why there would be a concern with warranty.
Thanks. Can you also share the part number if you have from the bill please and which workshop did you get it in Bengaluru?
Old 9th January 2023, 17:12   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Happy to share that on the eve of new year,i took delivery of Slavia Style AT 1.0 here at Hyderabad. Shall attach the pics.and pen down my buying and delivery experience in a subsequent post.

Having driven for 250 odd kms.,i noticed since beginning that once AC is on,after every minute, there is a sound like 'sssss' coming from i think the fan for 5 seconds and then it goes off. Its annoying in an otherwise silent car. Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Congratulations on the purchase Ram, i have also noticed this, there is a distinct blow of air from the hvac unit no matter what temperature i set and the fan speed is set to bare minimum, i was curious about the same, as my i20 never made this. Can other owners confirm on this
sandeepmukunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 19:13   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaate View Post
Thanks. Can you also share the part number if you have from the bill please and which workshop did you get it in Bengaluru?
Got it done in Tafe access, Kudlu gate. Part number 6JM093806
Skoda Slavia Review-850619df2f324b3e82755c5937d339eb.jpeg

Quote:
i should risk removal of bumper for the horn replacemnt, what if post fitment, i get creaks or any other sound.
Removing and refitting of bumper will never give you any sort of noises even if there is a shoddy job done. Worst case the bumper might even fall off but no chance of annoying noises especially in the cabin. So don't have such apprehensions. Just check that all screws and clips are fitted properly and there are no uneven gaps. In my case I didn't even check all that and took a look only after coming back home. These cars are well put t together and even with a few screws missing it will just work fine
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 23:47   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the purchase Ram, i have also noticed this, there is a distinct blow of air from the hvac unit no matter what temperature i set and the fan speed is set to bare minimum, i was curious about the same, as my i20 never made this. Can other owners confirm on this
Have a similar sound on my Virtus GT and is deemed normal by VW
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed