Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2023, 16:31   #1141
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

My Slavia's accessory socket fuse blows out when ever i use my air pump but not when i charge my cell phone.
12v 180w DC Pump

Anyone else who has experienced the same?
It has happened twice with me.
Old 12th March 2023, 17:31   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
My Slavia's accessory socket fuse blows out when ever i use my air pump but not when i charge my cell phone.
12v 180w DC Pump
Accessory sockets are usually rated at 120 watts. That’s why the fuse is blowing.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 18:33   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Accessory sockets are usually rated at 120 watts. That’s why the fuse is blowing.
Thanks Shrey. Glad to have people like you here.
Old 13th March 2023, 09:36   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Fix for Issue 1:
Upon my third visit to service center for mentioned rattling, issue didn't show up clearly.

Fix for Issue 2:
The Master Technician immediately pointed to the Piano Black insert and started that's where the squeaks are coming from.
Thanks! I think the issue seems to be resolved by your method to some extent. Skoda should come out with a solution for this creepy sound once and for all. I own a polo too since 10 years. No rattling sound whatsoever in polo till date!

Last edited by aah78 : 16th March 2023 at 02:28. Reason: Quote trimmed.
akash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 11:57   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchdoon View Post
Same here. Last time I got it fixed they said there were some loose clippings behind the dashboard.

However the noise came up on my recent Bombay to Rohtak run. I'll be going to visit ASC on Monday & escalate the matter.
nice to see others out there like myself, that are equally annoyed by sqeaking!
Hatari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 16:35   #1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
I too have had the following two issues related to rattles and squeaks in the car
I cannot say that I am glad that others are also facing this issue cause I thought I received a defective piece. lol . I am going to try this out and see if it works. Wish they had just provided better materials here like the Fabia in Europe has. Basically it is the same layout. What a way to dent your brand image just to save a couple of bucks. I noticed that if I leave my car out in the hot sun and then drive it after a couple of hours, It creeks initially alot then settles. May be some kind of contraction/expansion happening here. Or may be it is picking up vibrations from 3 cylinder engine on a cold start. Whatever it is the Skoda service center cannot figure it out.

Another topic: As I had mentioned in my earlier post. I was planning to upgrade my headlamp cluster from the one in Ambition to the one in Style with L shaped DRL's. The service center here told me that it is not possible and would involve messing with the wires which would void the warranty. The strange thing is that on youtube I saw one person who did it and he did it from a Skoda service center and it did not void his warranty. It is strange that there are different sets of rules for different skoda service centers. I was under the impression that all service centers adhere to the same set of rules. The video is linked below.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th March 2023 at 16:38.
Old 14th March 2023, 16:50   #1147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronney911 View Post
Another topic: As I had mentioned in my earlier post. I was planning to upgrade my headlamp cluster from the one in Ambition to the one in Style with L shaped DRL's. The service center here told me that it is not possible and would involve messing with the wires which would void the warranty. The strange thing is that on Youtube I saw one person who did it and he did it from a Skoda service center
If you notice in that video and another of his, there are issues with the installation. One, the DRL won't dim when he turns on the headlight, two, THE headlights can't be flashed when they are in off position and lastly, get warnings on the MID that the headlights are faulty. He mentions that even though the connector for both headlights are the same, there is a difference in the number of wires. In addition to this I think there will be a few changes done in the coding as well. Hence it isn't as simple as it sounds.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 17:00   #1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you notice in that video and another of his, there are issues with the installation. One, the DRL won't dim when he turns on the headlight, two, THE headlights can't be flashed when they are in off position and lastly, get warnings on the MID that the headlights are faulty. He mentions that even though the connector for both headlights are the same, there is a difference in the number of wires. In addition to this I think there will be a few changes done in the coding as well. Hence it isn't as simple as it sounds.
I did notice that someone mentioned about the DRL issue. Anyways. As per your comment it seems like a complicated procedure and not a swap job. Think I will upgrade the Halogens to LED's. Do I have to get it replaced at service center only so not to void the warranty? Any users have swapped the halogens for good white LED's? Any product suggestions?
Old 15th March 2023, 14:56   #1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
This is for those in Bangalore. Raja Skoda has a few 1.0 & 1.5 2022 manufactured Slavia & Kushaq available. They offer up to 1.6L discount on the 1.5 automatic model & close to about 1L on the 1.0 automatic.
I got the same offer for 1.5 DSG 2022 Nov model in Hyderabad. Was told the same thing. I didn't inquire about the 1L model though. I have bookend it, waiting on loan approval.
CuriousOnlooker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 01:19   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Any users have swapped the halogens for good white LED's? Any product suggestions?
If the set-up is similar to Polo, then it wont be a direct plug n play.
I faced a lot of issues changing from halogens to LED's mainly because the click that holds the halogen will not be compatible with LED's.

Ultimately, I ordered an adaptor socket from Amazon, and that worked for me. The product name on Amazon indicates it is for VW, Skoda, Audi and BMW so I assume, the set-up for Skoda's are similar to VW.
The name if the product on Amazon is"H7 LED HID Car Headlight Bulb Base Holder Adapter Socket For Volkswagen Skoda Mercedes-Benz BMW Audi Auto Headlamp Mount Stand".

You might get it cheaper if you order it directly from the same persons website which is https://durvient.com.
The product worked fine and can be removed and replaced with original, if needed, later on.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th March 2023 at 02:30. Reason: Multiple typos, spacing. Please proof-read before posting.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:35   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
So now we are confused in the above mentioned cars, our requirements are:

1.Space for 3 at back. We need a proper 5 seater. This car is only for highways.
2.Fun to drive with exellent stability between the speeds of 110 to 130.

The variants of the cars picked are: 1) Xuv700 Petrol Ax7L
2) Slavia 1.5 DSG
3) Honda City 1.5 CVT(facelift)
As far as I know, CVT gearbox is not fun on highways and Honda City's chassis too is undercapable on speeds above 100, plus the softer suspension makes it a bit unstable on curves and undulations especially in triple digit speeds.
neochanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 17:53   #1152
BHPian

Almost finished 1 year and 13k km's, couldn't be happier
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-20230319_173130.jpg  

fulcrum29 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 18:02   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum29 View Post
Almost finished 1 year and 13k km's, couldn't be happier
Wow man, the blue looks so good. Wish it had more space for 3 at back. Then it would defenitly be in my garage...
MotorDev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 10:07   #1154

Quote:
I did notice that someone mentioned about the DRL issue. Anyways. As per your comment it seems like a complicated procedure and not a swap job. Think I will upgrade the Halogens to LED's. Do I have to get it replaced at service center only so not to void the warranty? Any users have swapped the halogens for good white LED's? Any product suggestions?
I’ve changed the halogens in my 1.0 ambition 8 months ago from a local accessory shop. The dealer suggested a brand called “global byte”. My guy is pro with vw cars and has done a number of modifications over the years on my Rapid 1.6tdi. Went with his suggestion and changed both high and low beams to 55w leds. Never had a reason to regret the decision. Made a world of difference and the bulbs are good quality too. Cost me 11k for the mod though.
PetroDoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 10:01   #1155
BHPian

Hi all,

We are bringing home a 1.5 DSG Slavia in next few days and had a few questions on a few upgrades:

1. Dealer is offering to install 360 degree camera for 35K, without affecting warranty or wire splicing using couplers. Has anyone does this upgrade and how is it? Is it worth 35k?

2. How are the OEM tyres? Are they good to use over long term or do we need to replace them on delivery to better rubbers?

3. Any recommendations on any other modifications like lights, accessories like mats which are worthy?

4. We will get a Sept manufacted car for a 2L discount. Did the 1.5 DSG get AC fix which needs to be apied to this car?

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks