Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 22:31   #241
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_vater View Post
My other concern was sluggish drive of the car at 4-5k rpm. Some do say it is sluggish but many have said it feels linear and you don't feel the sluggish part.

You should try manual mode and see how the overtake feels.

Regarding you tyre noise, maybe consider getting new tyres?
The car shifts really early if you are gentle on the throttle. Maybe a cause for sluggishness. However, once you floor it, she will literally make you wait and wait for the next up-shift. I'm more a 2-2.5k rpm guy and in my other cars, the only thing that happens post 3500 rpm is increase in engine noise and not so much in speed.

For city use, it shifts almost at the same time as I would do if in M mode. I am however, keen to try manual mode in our next highway run.

The stock tyres, Alnac 4Gs are not known to be noisy. I guess, it is down to lack of insulation in the wheel wells, specially up front and the mastic asphalt used generously on West Bengal highways.
Old 29th June 2022, 08:36   #242
BHPian

Visited Nexa Kangra (Kangra Vehicleades) to check out the Baleno and walked out fuming mid conversation (for the first time ever of visiting car showrooms with my dad since more than 20 years) because of the horrible, horrible attitude of the Salesman there.
Condescending, rude, you can use every such word in the dictionary for them, just because the car is a success, doesn't mean customer has no value!

Most salesman, no matter which brand know their job is to SELL vehicles and will treat you properly (some more than others and that's fine) because they want your business, that is the very basic of their job, which customer likes taking attitude over the most normal of things? Why would anyone take this and still buy from them?

Never had a worse experience anywhere and least of all expected it at a Maruti showroom, this is a classic case of success getting to the heads of small minds, but came home and decided to not let this affect our car buying decision as at the end of the day, don't want to reject a great all-rounder (my personal favourite for my wife) just because of this bad experience and even Maruti for letting them operate like this and do certain things like shove essential kit and other stuff down your throat but needless to say it won't be through this showroom, the real irony is this would have been our second purchase from here, as my inlaws had purchased their Baleno from here as well, which we had made them aware of casually.

This was the 3rd showroom we had visited that day after checking out the Amaze and the i20/Venue and had outstanding experiences there, Honda had a really small joke of a showroom in Kangra but the attitude totally made up for that.

I don't know if these things subconsciously affect your buying decisions or not but left a very bitter taste in the mouth.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:45   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Visited Nexa Kangra (Kangra Vehicleades) to check out the Baleno and walked out fuming mid conversation (for the first time ever of visiting car showrooms with my dad since more than 20 years) because of the horrible, horrible attitude of the Salesman there.
Condescending, rude, you can use every such word in the dictionary for them, just because the car is a success, doesn't mean customer has no value!
The experience at Nexa showrooms are usually very good, in my opinion. I also recommend checking out the Toyota version of this car. It looks better in my opinion and they say, will be available earlier too.
tsniranjan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:01   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9216 View Post
I was told that the car is being delivered without a user manual.
True, when they can print a 64 page manual for the infotainment system, not sure what issue they have in printing a user manual.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:53   #245
BHPian

Hi all,
A few questions to the Baleno owners:
1) Has anyone installed dash cam on their cars? If yes, how? My dealer refused to fix one as it’s not part of OEM accessory neither is recommending any third party sources.
2) Which is the type of connector port - type A or C that is available for connecting our android/iPhone to the infotainment system?
3) What is the wattage capacity of the 12V socket available for connecting say car vacuum cleaner or tyre inflator?

Thanks in advance
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:26   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Babu View Post
Hi all,
1) Has anyone installed dash cam on their cars?
2) Which is the type of connector port - type A or C that is available for connecting our android/iPhone to the infotainment system?
3) What is the wattage capacity of the 12V socket available for connecting say car vacuum cleaner or tyre inflator?

Thanks in advance
Here are my responses to the above questions.

1. I am also enquiring about this. According to Distinguished BHPian Leoshashi, fitting a dashcam will not void warranty as long as it's fixed via the fuse tap without altering existing wiring.

2. I think you can connect the phone to the USB slot near the 12 volt accessory socket. I connected a pen drive and the infotainment system is able to play back the songs.

3. As per owner's manual, the 12 volt socket is rated for a current capacity of 10 amps, which means the wattage is 120 watts and you can easily use tyre inflator or vacuum cleaner.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 3rd July 2022 at 09:27.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:57   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
2. I think you can connect the phone to the USB slot near the 12 volt accessory socket. I connected a pen drive and the infotainment system is able to play back the songs.
Thank you for your reply. I am presently using an iPhone having USB c type port compatible OEM connecting cable. If the Baleno Head Unit is coming with USB A type port, then I need purchase new connecting cable(USB A- Lightning). That’s why I asked this question.
Arun Babu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 13:11   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Babu View Post
Hi all,
1) Has anyone installed dash cam on their cars? If yes, how? My dealer refused to fix one as it’s not part of OEM accessory neither is recommending any third party sources.

Thanks in advance
1. Yes, I have installed a DDPai Mola N3 in my Baleno. I have wired it myself and routed the wire through the A-pillar, glove box, central console and out below the rear AC vents where it stays plugged to the rear USB A port always. That way, it stays out of sight and mind without having to hardwire it. Parking surveillance cannot be enabled this way though as the usb port loses power when car is locked.

2. To connect to the infotainment, you have only a single USB A port for both android/iphone.

3. The USB ports are rated at max 120w draw cumulatively. This includes the 12v socket too i guess.

Last edited by mi2n : 4th July 2022 at 13:14.
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:54   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

2022 Maruti Baleno Review

The Maruti Baleno is on sale in India at a price of between Rs. 6.35 - 9.49 lakhs (all-India).

Dear Anshuman, I went to Nexa Showroom in Chennai today and the Sales Manager informed me that Baleno 2022 has already achieved 5 Star Rating in NCAP Test. I immediately shot back asking him if you have already achieved 5 Star Rating why have you not published it anywhere. I have not seen any reports or news or any media/press release about Baleno 2022 achieving 5 star safety rating. He said "Our marketing strategy is different from others, we are not like Tata who keeps talking about 5 star rating, we are different in our approach. Can any of the learned members educate me on this topic. Thanks Hari Kishan
Old 4th July 2022, 21:15   #250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikishanb View Post
Can any of the learned members educate me on this topic. Thanks Hari Kishan
As he said, the strategy is completely different from TATA. Tell people our car is 5 star rated, does not matter if the car is tested or not. Could you please let us all know his 'brand' (please ask him), looks like it gives an ever lasting kick.
pavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 21:27   #251

Hi Pavi,

He looked at us and spoke with great confidence as if a 5-Star rating is nothing - "we have already achieved it anyway". Let's move on and talk about features. Even my wife was surprised like, "really? 5-Star rating already achieved?" She whispered into my ear and, "The Baleno has achieved 5-star rating and you did not even know about it. All this while you have been forcing me to consider buying a Tata Nexon."

Last edited by Aditya : 5th July 2022 at 05:21. Reason: Punctuation and capitalisation
harikishanb is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th July 2022, 09:37   #252
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Pavi,

He looked at us and spoke with great confidence as if a 5-Star rating is nothing - "we have already achieved it anyway". Let's move on and talk about features.
If that is the case, then you should ask for a proof. If NCAP has tested it, it should be available in NCAP website or YouTube channel. The biggest negative for a Maruti is the lack of safety (barring some models), and a five star rating for a Baleno, man that would be a first ever for a Maruti. Don't you think they would have advertised left and right if such a crash result existed for Baleno. Don't you think, NCAP would have made an article somewhere saying "all our efforts are showing results now, even Maruti has achieved a five star".
Old 5th July 2022, 14:22   #253
BHPian

Quote:
He looked at us and spoke with great confidence as if a 5-Star rating is nothing - "we have already achieved it anyway".
This is unethical on part of the salesperson in promoting the vehicle. Not sure how many unsuspecting customers would have believed him. He could have used other features of the car for promoting it. Suggest reporting about him to the senior management there. And as others have mentioned if it was true, then Maruti Suzuki would have advertised it in a big way.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 22:25   #254

Hi Scarlet Rider, i am going to send him a WhatsApp message requesting him to provide NCAP Crash Report of Baleno 2022. It is better to have it on the record.
harikishanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 13:17   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
I have just had about 20 days with my Zeta AGS and all of 1400 kms on the ODO.

She is a nifty little looker too, isn't she?
Hi
Nice review of your car. What is the rpm at 100 kmph in 5th gear? How is the ingress & egress of the car, particularly for senior citizens.
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks