Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 20:29   #301
BHPian

Default Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
On a recent ride to Food Pyramid on the Hyderabad - Bangalore highway, I got a milage of 24.5 kmpl in my MT Baleno. This was with my car having done just 1200 kms on the odometer. It all depends on how you drive. A sedate drive can give you more mileage as well.

Do not recollect the RPM at 100 kmph but it was within 3000. Will check during my next drive and update.
That's a great place. Food is good. The ambience is too good, if the crowd is less. We always stop at this place when we are on this road. Thanks for the information.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 12:49   #302
BHPian

Did a fairly long test drive of the Baleno AGS, was left completely disappointed by the suspension and the drivetrain which did not feel like a significant upgrade from my Celerio AMT. Drove a Punch AMT immediately after and found it better in terms of driving characteristics as well as comfort. Both drives were on city roads , maximum speed touched was 80 kmph. The Baleno is packed with features but I just cant see it as a replacement for the Celerio.
GLAD73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 13:23   #303

Hi all,
Is the new Baleno having TPMS? If yes, how to view the tyre pressure readings in the touchscreen? Mine is alpha ags model.
Thanks in advance.
Old 15th August 2022, 10:11   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Babu View Post
Is the new Baleno having TPMS?
None of the 2022 Baleno variants have TPMS.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 17:14   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Could someone please provide me the exact RPM the engine does at 80 and at 100 in 5th gear.
Had been on the ORR today afternoon. Below are details of the road and engine speeds in 5th gear.

60 kmph @ 1500 RPM

80 kmph @ 2000 RPM

100 kmph @ 2500-2600 RPM

The cruise control and HUD were useful on the ORR. Had set the speed at 100 kmph and was able to maintain it almost 90% of the time. The mileage was around 22 kmpl including city run as per the Suzuki Connect app.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 23:20   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
The mileage was around 22 kmpl including city run as per the Suzuki Connect app.
Sadly, this mileage is not sufficient
I am currently running between Blore and Hyd and my monthly running is ~3000 Km per month. Was thinking between I20 diesel and Baleno. Basically was looking for low RPM high speed cruising vehicles or the one with a cheaper fuel. Sadly, i20 seems to have pathetic headlights which is a necessity to me. Looks like My decision gonna take more time. Am I missing any other options?
Old 22nd August 2022, 07:55   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Sadly, this mileage is not sufficient
As mentioned the mileage includes city traffic as well. About 20% city traffic and rest cruising on the ORR at 100 kmph. The mileage increases to 24 or 25 kmpl if you maintain 80 to 90 kmph. It depends on the driving style as well. My car has just completed 1900 kms. Few weeks back due to heavy rains I had maintained 60 kmph in 5th gear on a highway run of about 20 kms. For the 20 kms drive the app showed the fuel efficiency of 30 kmpl. This was with a total of 3 adults and 2 kids in the car. I know that this speed is too low for highway runs but just want to illustrate the varying mileage of the car under different conditions.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 19:08   #308
BHPian

I had booked Baleno Zeta AMT in May 2022, with a quoted waiting period of 6 to 8 weeks. I haven't got my car yet, and the dealer says that they haven't received ANY AGS car for the past 2 months, and also that they are not sure when they will get it.

Is this true, and is anyone else also waiting for the delivery of their car ?
Also, anyone who recently got their AGS Baleno, can you please tell when and where you booked it?
Old 29th August 2022, 21:23   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
I had booked Baleno Zeta AMT in May 2022, with a quoted waiting period of 6 to 8 weeks. I haven't got my car yet, and the dealer says that they haven't received ANY AGS car for the past 2 months, and also that they are not sure when they will get it.

Is this true, and is anyone else also waiting for the delivery of their car ?
Also, anyone who recently got their AGS Baleno, can you please tell when and where you booked it?
I currently have a Blue Swift ZXI AGS booked with an Arena dealership near me. During PDI I noticed that Maruti has silently removed the Idle Start-stop functionality from all of the Swift variants. Kind of dissappointed with Maruti for the cost cutting, although I understand from this forum that the feature is kind of useless. So I am in two thoughts here; to cancel and book the Baleno Delta AGS which costs the same amount of money.
Or
To go ahead with the Swift which is readily available and delivery on my spouse's birthday!

Upon checking the Nexa dealer in Thane, I was told there is a waiting period of 6 months
Also, I checked Ackodrive, and the delivery date estimate is 13th February, if I place my booking today!

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-capture.jpg
Old 1st September 2022, 22:45   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post
So I am in two thoughts here; to cancel and book the Baleno Delta AGS which costs the same amount of money.
Or
To go ahead with the Swift which is readily available and delivery on my spouse's birthday!

Attachment 2352324
Baleno is anyday a better vehicle than the Swift. The Swift I believe is even worse than the Baleno in terms of safety. The Swift is the only car where every generation change has been lighter than the previous iteration.

Besides you should be getting hefty discounts on the Swift as I gathered from a bloggers video on YouTube.

The trade-off is time between the two vehicles as you mentioned. Sometimes it's better to think long term if there's no urgency.
Gupts007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 20:08   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
Hi,
please see my reply in post#287.
Arun Babu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 09:56   #312
Senior - BHPian

Maruti's Baleno overtook Wagon R to become the best-selling car for August 2022.

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20220906_095528.jpg

Source : Autopunditz
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 17:12   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post
So I am in two thoughts here; to cancel and book the Baleno Delta AGS which costs the same amount of money.
Or
I would urge you to get the Baleno, it's a better maruti product compared to swift any day!
Old 17th September 2022, 18:44   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
I would urge you to get the Baleno, it's a better maruti product compared to swift any day!
Absolutely
Glanza AGS Enticing silver is booked. Delivery expected in 4 weeks

Swift was cancelled but Baleno AGS has no less than 6 months waiting PAN india as per most Nexa outlets.

Found Glanza’s interior and front facia much better compared to Baleno so yes a good choice for sure!
pankajn1702 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed