Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 01:10   #331
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshock View Post
Is there a way to connect to Android Auto wirelessly? In the Alpha console, there seems to be an option to connect the phone wirelessly through "Smartplay Pro Sync" which uses wifi to connect to the phone but I always get an error on my phone stating that the wifi password (shown on the console) is incorrect.
Got hold of the Motorola MA1 adapter and now I have Android Auto connected to the Alpha head unit wirelessly.

Basically if we need Google maps on the head unit screen wirelessly we need this adapter.

It's a tad expensive at about US$110 but that's the price one pays for convenience. It's a shame though that Maruti excluded the wireless Android Auto function deliberately even when they offer the same in the Grand Vitara which I believe uses the same head unit.
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 16:14   #332
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has launched CNG version of the Baleno, available in two variants Delta and Zeta.

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221031_160852.jpg

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-smartselect_20221031160930_twitter.jpg

Quote:
- 1.2-litre, four-cylinder, K12N engine, 77.5hp and 98.5Nm, 5-speed manual transmission.

- 55-litre CNG tank in the boot

- fuel economy of 30.61km/kg
Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 31st October 2022 at 16:39.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 22:58   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
Got hold of the Motorola MA1 adapter and now I have Android Auto connected to the Alpha head unit wirelessly.

Basically if we need Google maps on the head unit screen wirelessly we need this adapter.

It's a tad expensive at about US$110 but that's the price one pays for convenience. It's a shame though that Maruti excluded the wireless Android Auto function deliberately even when they offer the same in the Grand Vitara which I believe uses the same head unit.
Is there no native maps/navigation available even in the Alpha variant? This is atrocious at this price point.
Old 1st November 2022, 11:34   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshock View Post
Is there no native maps/navigation available even in the Alpha variant? This is atrocious at this price point.
Personally, I don't like any GPS Navigation that is not guided by Google Maps. They are nowhere near as comprehensive and up to date as Google Maps. So the fact that even the Alpha head unit does not offer any native navigation is not a miss. It is capable of displaying Google Maps with wired USB connection with the Android phone. So anyone wanting navigation has google maps accessibility on the screen as long as the plug in their phones to the unit.

As for atrocity, I agree with you that Maruti has been very Maruti like even when offering the top end variant of their premium hatch. The following is a small list of glaring omissions that I observed are missing from the top end Alpha variant which I feel should have been standard.

- Sunglasses holder
- Wiper speed delay control (they had this in the last generation but deleted it this time)
- Wireless Android Auto
- LED dome lights (they are still using the dim halogen bulbs)
- Height adjustable seat belts (they had this in the last generation but deleted it this time)
- Leather wrapped steering wheel (they use some artificial material instead)
- Wireless charging
- Leather seats
- Rear arm rest
- TPMS
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 20:56   #335
BHPian

After a lot of evaluation I have decided for the AMT Baleno. Does Alpha variant come with wireless connectivity for Carplay and Android Auto? None of the two Nexa dealers I am in touch with are giving confident yes on this question.
Old 7th November 2022, 21:20   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Does Alpha variant come with wireless connectivity for Carplay and Android Auto?
Straight forward answer is No! The showroom guys are playing safe to ensure sales. There is no point in waiting for an OTA update which again seems to be a tactic to ensure sales. Best option would be go with the Motorola wireless adapter option mentioned by BHPian Gupts007.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 21:23   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Straight forward answer is No! The showroom guys are playing safe to ensure sales. There is no point in waiting for an OTA update which again seems to be a tactic to ensure sales. Best option would be go with the Motorola wireless adapter option mentioned by BHPian Gupts007.
Thanks.

God, finally i make up mind to buy a Maruti . But Maruti does not fail to cheap out in one or the other way. Even a lower segment car like Nios has this.
Old 7th November 2022, 21:52   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

God, finally i make up mind to buy a Maruti . But Maruti does not fail to cheap out in one or the other way. Even a lower segment car like Nios has this.
What is the waiting period being quoted to you? I booked Delta AMT in 1st week of October and the SA said that there are slim chances that I will get the car this year.
With the Maruti plant being shut in first half of January, I was told to switch to manual or expect the car in Feb/March.
Old 7th November 2022, 22:08   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
What is the waiting period being quoted to you? I booked Delta AMT in 1st week of October and the SA said that there are slim chances that I will get the car this year.
With the Maruti plant being shut in first half of January, I was told to switch to manual or expect the car in Feb/March.
2-3 months is what dealers are stating. Haven't booked it yet. Will initiate the booking via car lease partner in this week.

Which dealer have you booked with?
Old 7th November 2022, 22:16   #340
BHPian

Quote:
2-3 months is what dealers are stating. Haven't booked it yet. Will initiate the booking via car lease partner in this week.

Which dealer have you booked with?
I have booked it from Pasco, Faridabad
Old 14th November 2022, 18:22   #341
BHPian

I had a couple of questions regarding the Baleno.

1) Is it possible to turn off the Auto Engine Start Stop forever, instead of pressing the switch each time after ignition?
2) Has anyone been able to use the Intersection Guidance in the MID, as mentioned in the manual?

Name:  Screenshot 20221114 182041.png
Views: 1312
Size:  51.6 KB
Old 14th November 2022, 22:27   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post

Hi

Where did you buy this from. Any ideas and suggestions please

BR
Srikanth
Old 15th November 2022, 16:36   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyo.gapps View Post
Hi

Where did you buy this from. Any ideas and suggestions please

BR
Srikanth
Hey...I think you will have to obtain it from USA...I sought a friend's help who was travelling from there and he carried it for me... Last time i checked they were in stock at Target and Bestbuy.
Old 16th November 2022, 03:48   #344
BHPian

Recently one of my relatives had Baleno Zeta delivered. The car didn't come with an owner manual and when I asked the showroom they told me that Nexa cars don't come with an owner manual any more. Can someone please confirm this?
Old 16th November 2022, 05:54   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranabegins View Post
Can someone please confirm this?
It is available as a soft copy from the Maruti Suzuki Rewards app. Once the car owner registers the car details on the app, it can be downloaded.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed