Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2022, 13:35   #346

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

I have booked both a Baleno Alpha AGS and a Glanza V AGS, sometime in May and I am yet to get the vehicle allotted. Would like to know from members if the wait times are similar everywhere? I doubt but am not sure if there a chance that two dealers are taking me for a ride. Everytime I call them, they assure me that it would be available next month. I do acknowledge that there is the chip shortage issue, but would like to confirm from forum members if they are having a similar delay in vehicle delivery.
Old 22nd November 2022, 22:36   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsniranjan View Post
but would like to confirm from forum members if they are having a similar delay in vehicle delivery.
I booked Baleno Zeta Manual 1 month ago and the dealer had promised to deliver within 2-3 weeks. But everytime I call him up he says this week sir and it never happened. From what I last heard from him there were some AGS models which were dispatched last week.
Chandler Bing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:24   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsniranjan View Post
I have booked both a Baleno Alpha AGS and a Glanza V AGS, sometime in May and I am yet to get the vehicle allotted. Would like to know from members if the wait times are similar everywhere? I doubt but am not sure if there a chance that two dealers are taking me for a ride. Everytime I call them, they assure me that it would be available next month. I do acknowledge that there is the chip shortage issue, but would like to confirm from forum members if they are having a similar delay in vehicle delivery.
I booked Delta in October 1st week and was given 8-10 weeks delivery time.
The SA told me that bookings from May are still not delivered.
Also, as per SA the latest delivery time has been reduced to 6-8 weeks.

I want grey color and SA has called me multiple times for white/silver (delta/zeta/alpha) but I am waiting for the preferred color.
lokesharo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:42   #349
Senior - BHPian

How is the build and crash rating of Swift compared to the current Baleno/Glanza? They the same, or is Baleno significantly better than the Swift? Swift ZXI and Baleno Delta both about the same price. Wondering whether Baleno is built stronger than its smaller sibling.
Old 30th November 2022, 23:10   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
I had a couple of questions regarding the Baleno.

1) Is it possible to turn off the Auto Engine Start Stop forever, instead of pressing the switch each time after ignition?
2) Has anyone been able to use the Intersection Guidance in the MID, as mentioned in the manual?

Attachment 2379420
To answer your first question-no we can't permanently shut the auto start stop. It is indeed a very annoying thing to press that button each time you start the engine but there is no way out.

Your second question - no navigation shows on the HUD display. Since maruti uses the same manual for Baleno sold overseas they must have given this feature to the goras but didn't make it available for us.
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 22:39   #351
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
How is the build and crash rating of Swift compared to the current Baleno/Glanza? They the same, or is Baleno significantly better than the Swift? Swift ZXI and Baleno Delta both about the same price. Wondering whether Baleno is built stronger than its smaller sibling.
I'd say go with the Baleno. the car is heavier than siblings.
It is too good a product and I'd say I'm proud to own a mass market car of which there are too may on the road. Touchwood.
KI07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 16:32   #352
BHPian

My SA called today and informed that the car (Delta Grey AGS) has been billed from Maruti and will reach after 10 days of transit.
But the SA is asking to pay the down payment and show the loan approval proof before the car is allotted under my name.
What should I do in this case?
I am not inclined towards paying before seeing the car.
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:00   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
What should I do in this case? I am not inclined towards paying before seeing the car.
DO NOT make any payment until you do a thorough PDI. I made the payment only after I did the PDI a day before the delivery date. Once they allot the car to you and if there are some issues then you'll be stuck with it. The Nexa guys here in Hyderabad did not insist on payment till I was done with the PDI.
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:05   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
DO NOT make any payment until you do a thorough PDI. I made the payment only after I did the PDI a day before the delivery date. Once they allot the car to you and if there are some issues then you'll be stuck with it. The Nexa guys here in Hyderabad did not insist on payment till I was done with the PDI.
I said the same thing to the SA but he insisted that the car would be allotted to someone else if the payment is not done.

I will be going to the showroom tomorrow to have a discussion about this.
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:10   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
I said the same thing to the SA but he insisted that the car would be allotted to someone else if the payment is not done.
They are probably taking advantage of the long waiting period for the AGS version. Mine is a MT version and the car was readily available back in June. Do speak to them in person and see what they have to say.
Old 23rd December 2022, 14:27   #356

In Hyderabad, few Baleno AMT models are available right now for pickup.

For instance, Jayabheri Nexa has "Baleno Alpha AMT in grey color" readily available.
This information is based on my discussion with sales-representative, this morning.
ravikumar.neti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 15:04   #357
BHPian

I had a detailed discussion with the SA and the senior manager today, and I was told that payment has to be done upfront if I want the car, as the car will reach the showroom by January 1st week and they want to bill it for December to avoid hike price. I told them to take their time, and I would pay the hiked rates in January if that happened.

The SA first told me that someone else's financing didn't go through, and hence I am getting the car. When I said no to upfront payment, he asked me to send him an email stating that I am refusing the car billed in my name. Hence, he was caught in his own lies.

In the end, I asked them to cancel the car.
lokesharo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 19:47   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest OTA update for 2022 Baleno (Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay):

After Brezza last got an OTA update featuring wireless connectivity for Android auto and Apple CarPlay, I got flagged by BHPian mi2n regarding the update made available for the 2022 Baleno as well. I managed to download the update package and install it and also tested the successful working of wireless Android auto in our Baleno.

Downloaded the file from here by selecting the current version.
Click on "Go to the download page", and start download:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-download-navigation-01.jpg
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-download-navigation-02.jpg

Copy this lone file directly to the root folder of the USB drive:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-download-navigation-03.jpg

Plug in the USB drive, start the system and let the system perform the update
The version that came with the car:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_180143.jpg

After the system starts and detects the update package in the USB drive:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_182650.jpg

Upon pressing yes, it begins downloading the package from the USB drive:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_182727.jpg
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_183307.jpg

Begins to update post downloading the package locally:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_183320.jpg

Completed update to latest version:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_183904.jpg

Deleted my phone from the paired devices and added again:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_183928.jpg

Soon after pairing, you get a prompt that your phone supports wireless Android Auto:
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_185209.jpg

Tried and tested and works like charm:

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20221223_185236.jpg
I am yet to test the new features (if any) that got added including turn by turn navigation in the HUD. Need to check later if the navigation feature works at all or not since this is mentioned in the owner's manual.
paragsachania is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 12:26   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Latest OTA update for 2022 Baleno (Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay):
Thanks for sharing the details Parag!

Quote:
Copy this lone file directly to the root folder of the USB drive:
I had initially copied the Update_File_55TA_05_00.zip file to the pen drive which did not work. But it worked fine when I copied the upgrade.pkg file to the pen drive.

Quote:
I am yet to test the new features (if any) that got added including turn by turn navigation in the HUD.
Do keep us posted on this.

While I have the updated software on my Baleno, wireless Android Auto does not work with both my phones as they do not support 5 GHz WiFi. The phone showed a notification indicating this information.

For more details refer: https://support.google.com/androidau...splay-wireless
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 11:49   #360

Would this update be released/applicable for Toyota Glanza too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks